Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, 90s Supermodels In Their 40s Still Getting Work

Are they? I've seen a resurgence of Moss, who was not only over due to drug scandals, but also because she was over 25. Now she's 39, and seems to be getting almost as much work as she was back in the 1990s. Is this a trend? Are some former (I guess present too) supermodels just so iconic, that they'll never go out of style, or has the industry actually shifted, and its more willing to give work to those who are older than what is considered the norm for a model in the industry? Maybe the fashion reality shows have changed things. Big models of yesteryear are getting free PR thanks to hosting these shows, like Heidi Klum. Look at Tyra Banks. I still see her mug, and she's 40 this year.

I'm just finding this interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

I don't get it either, especially considering Naomi and Kate were never all that great looking IMO even when they were younger.

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

R1, I think Naomi was really beautiful, back when she didn't a have pound of makeup on her face and a raging personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

[quote]Now she's 39, and seems to be getting almost as much work as she was back in the 1990s. Is this a trend?

There's been a long trend of fashions, people, styles just sticking around for years and years. Maybe this is just part of that.

[quote]I'm just finding this interesting.

I'm not. I think it's a bore.

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

Well, r3, if you find it so boring, leave.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

Kate Moss just finished shooting her layout for Playboy's 60th anniversary issue.

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

They're both "names", few modern models are.

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

They emerged during that very small window of time when top models were stars, so their time has been well extended beyond the typical model lifespan. And Kate and Naomi, for good or ill, they have personalities and reputations that also extend beyond the typical model's--and yet they never had a reputation for being unprofessional on shoots or with clients. That's kind of a difficult balance to manage.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

I think Kate Moss is one of the uglier models. I never understood the fasination for her because she really is quite plain looking.

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

And then there's those supermodels who are fairly nice people, did not abuse their stardom or their bodies, still look very good in their forties with minimal, subtle surgery, and continue to do age-appropriate multi-million dollar campaigns.

And no, I'm not talking about businesswomen like Ireland and Crawford, cunts like Evangelista, scalpeled non-working old socialites like Tieggs and Brinkley, or actresses who look phenomenal and are therefore hired to model, like that McDowell.

I'm talking about bona fide models who continued doing just that.

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

With Naomi it was her walk.

Nobody walks like Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

[quote]With Naomi it was her walk.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013

Dave's lucky she didn't bash his face in with the coffee mug on his desk for showing that.

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

She brought the clip, r12. You can tell because she sort of sets up the joke.

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!