Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Zip-related genital injuries' send thousands of men to ER each year

If you’re giggling right now, you’ve never done it.

And you’ve probably done it. Zipper injuries are the single most common cause of penile injury in adult men reporting to emergency rooms.

by Anonymousreply 1703/21/2013

This is why I wear briefs and not boxer shorts. Nice and snug and safe.

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

Slow down boys. Nothing is worth that kind of pain.

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

Which is why I wear boxers....if you are are careful idiot at R3 you can wear any fucking underwear you like.

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

I remember being very, very young and my father zipping up my little toddler shorts, catching my frenulum in the teeth of the zipper.

Yee-ouch!

If I knew the words "Mother Fucker!" at that tender young age, I am sure I would have shrieked them!

Let's put it this way -- 54 years later I still remember this incident VIVIDLY!

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

I am amazed at how often this comes up. I'm 34 years old and have never had this happen my entire life. Are people really that stupid that they cannot pay attention to what they are doing? If your penis is so dangerously close to the zipper...move it away from the zipper.

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

Nothing more needs to be said.

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

I've a feeling that a lot of these ER visits were a result of drunk-zipping.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

This is why why I always wear comfy-fit jeans with elastic waistbands and velcro flies.

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

20 years ago I worked at a national park. During the weekly division head meeting, the chief ranger reported a boy was taken to the hospital for an emergency circumcision because he zipped his foreskin in his shorts. I can't imagine how painful this was.

We also had gang fights between Columbian and El Salvadorian gangs, heroin needles in the trash, downings and suicides. Not quite the activities you would expect at a national park.

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

I love this scene...

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

When I read the subject line I thought for sure it would be about injuries sustained in a zipline harness. This is so much more mundane and scary, actually.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013

I caught the underside of my penis in my zipper, after peeing, during an extended family thanksgiving when I was 9 or 10 years old. I reached puberty really early and stopped wearing underwear because they were all made for little boys and were quite uncomfortable. for me. My favorite uncle stood me in the corner of the kitchen and took my zipper apart bit by bit with a jack knife while the entire family including both sets of grandparents and all my cousins watched and empathized. It really hurt but I didn't cry because I was much more mortified at everyone watching and seeing my newly developed genitals. My uncle whistled when he got done and said "No wonder you got it caught in the zipper, you've certainly grown some since the last time I changed your diapers!"

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

this is why underwear was invented, Jonathan Hamm.

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

Slightly off-topic, but just a few weeks ago I was vacuuming and wearing just boxer shorts. I was using one of the attachments on the vacuum and as I was re-positioning I came close enough to my crotch to almost catch my penis in the suction. I panicked, but no harm was done. All I could think of was how no one in the ER would believe me if I told them I was honestly vacuuming.

by Anonymousreply 1403/20/2013

r14, I bet they'd immediately think of this:

by Anonymousreply 1503/20/2013

This is why I wear caftans

by Anonymousreply 1603/21/2013

This is why real men wear button-fly jeans.

by Anonymousreply 1703/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.