Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obsessions with youth?

Many people seem to have an obsession with youth, I've personally find this obsession weird. I mean ya sure youth is great and all, but nothing beats the how wise one gets when we get older. To me, youth is something not to be revered to the extent that it is currently revered. Old age, on the other hand, is something that should be exalted.

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

R1, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

The wisdom of years ia great, but youth is what'll get you laid.

That's all there is to it, really.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

LOL r1. It is true, though. I'm young and I get that youth is very appealing. But I really think it's only because we are programmed, in the culture of the US at least, to worship youth. It's only because we are new consumers to indoctrinate so EVERYTHING is geared to appeal to us and our image is prized. And sure, there is something natural about being sexually attracted to someone virile/fertile. But I've always been into guys older than me and I wish we would start to value wisdom and age more. For fucks sake, I'm going to be there one day and I refuse to hate myself.

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

Yeah, old and exalted is nifty, but who wants to fuck it? That's what young is for.

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

how old are you OP? Do you have a partner, family? I feel like some more information would help understand where you're coming from and what it means for others

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

I wish this obsession would be over. And no I'm not "elder". It's resulted in a prolonged childhood for many people. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

Why is the title posed as a question? Is there a question in there somewhere?

Yes, OP, we live in a youth oriented culture, this has been the case since rock and roll debuted in the 50s. Also, it's well known that youth, or at least a youthful appearance, is paramount in the game of sexual attraction.

Not really sure why you spent $18 to post this.

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

George Carlin used to say that the Chinese had the right idea by respecting the elders. "We're all going to be old someday, so why not try to spread the idea that old people are cool?"

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

When I was really young, I hated the fact that I only liked older men. I wanted them, but couldn't relate to them on any sort of relationship level. Now that I'm 38, I love it. All my same aged friends lust after 21 year old hotties who won't give them the time of day and feel lousy as a result. Most botox, tan, do anything they can to look as young as possible (of course, ti doesn't work).

Meanwhile, I've started dating this studly 49 year old man. He likes that I'm a little younger, but we can still have intelligent conversations on diverse topics. I quell his fears about growing old alone. He just makes me happy being exactly who he is.

So glad I'm not youth obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.