Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TRAGEDY STRIKES NEWLY MARRIED GAY COUPLE!!!

PLEASE HELP JASON AND AMBROSE!!!

This newly married gay couple recently suffered TRAGEDY as all of their belongings were stolen, INCLUDING JASON'S MASSIVE COLLECTIBLES COLLECTION.

Donate and help them overcome this tragedy!!!

by Anonymousreply 10704/23/2013

OP, This is terrible, sending $500, thanks for letting us know about this. We have to help our on.

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

They're hot. I'm jealous of who they are.

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

What exactly is a collectables collection?

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

If I heped everyone that had their belongings stolen I'd need help myself. I have been in worse shape than they are in. Not trying to be mean.

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

They collect this stuff

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

A true American tragedy!

by Anonymousreply 603/19/2013

His whole collectables collection!!!

by Anonymousreply 703/19/2013

If you the read the linked story or watch the accompanying video, you will see that the "collectibles collection" was not Precious Moments or Hummel figurines. One of the guys had a fairly extensive vintage toy collection that was part of what was stolen.

The friend who posted this on YouCaring.com probably should have explained the situation in more detail. The gist of it is that these two guys got married in Seattle and packed up all their belongings in a truck to move to California. When they went to get in the truck the next morning, they discovered that the vehicle had been stolen. It was recovered, however, all of their possessions were missing.

I hope that they find the bastard thieves and that the authorities prosecute the hell out of them.

by Anonymousreply 803/19/2013

This seriously made me cry

by Anonymousreply 903/19/2013

Somehow the image I had in my mind was that the invaluable collection consisted of vintage double-headed dildos.

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

r10, they're not lesbians!

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

I would never leave all my valuables sitting in a truck or a car overnight. I've faced this choice before and not done it. They're airheads.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

All those Madame Alexander dolls, gone!

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

I feel bad for them, though are certainly better and more deserving people out there to be donating money to than a couple who lost their collectibles.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

are they friends with that other couple that wants us to pay for their baby?

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

"What exactly is a collectables collection?"

Their photo suggests that they had a VERY high brow tweezer collection.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

OMG! They lost their Franklin Mint collection!

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

The one on the right, who I would guess is Ambrose, has such a giant fivehead, that it can't even be viewed in one picture.

You need panorama to see that thing.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

R17 speaks the truth but jokes are coming in and will come in.

The idea that gay men get a pass here might seem like an ideal concept but it is definitely not true.

Now hot straight men on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

It could've been worse...

The New York Times could've revealed their true ages in the wedding announcement!

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

Which one let out the Princess Diana scream when they saw the truck was stolen?

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

Vintage sex toy collection. Surprised Ambrose didn't hear the truck being stolen, he should be able to pick up Radio Free Europe with those ears.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

Pez dispenser collection

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

I've already contacted the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage about sending some figurines.

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

W&W for R26

by Anonymousreply 2703/19/2013

Well this is pointless bitchery, after all.

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2013

They didn't have insurance?

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2013

R29 ...SHHHH!

Very clever idea, load up all your old crap in a truck, let it get "stolen" , get all new stuff either through insurance or a fundraising website.

by Anonymousreply 3003/19/2013

We are crying our eyeballs out as we dodge bullets looking for food or being raped.

by Anonymousreply 3103/19/2013

GRIFTERS!

by Anonymousreply 3203/19/2013

"Ambrose, I told you we should have never left Boston! This is all your fault!"

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!"

by Anonymousreply 3303/19/2013

That's really a horrible story.

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2013

I hope this goes viral and they are flooded with Precious Moments figurines.

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2013

I don't know if the OP was being facetious or not, but I wish someone would do this for my partner and I. Since we've been together I developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so bad that I am unable to work (despite 10 yrs. of college), he has been bi-polar since grad school, now it's gotten to the point where he needs ECT.

And he's had a bout with oral cancer (successfully overcome.) We've got four rescue dogs; more than we would have had if we knew I'd get hit with CFS out-of-the-blue, but we love them and need to do right by them.

I don't know if people realize how much health care costs for people on Medicaid. I pay $100 for my part B (doctor's visits, tests, etc.) plus a $25-$50 co-pay for those things, and $40 per month for part D (prescription coverage) and there are still co-pays as high as $80 for prescriptions.

$5000 would help a lot. $10,000 would change our lives. it would get bill collectors off our backs, and with the extra money i would re-start a website i ran that brought in a few hundred dollars extra a month-just enough to make ends meet, and my partner always had "the magic touch" for buying things to sell at a profit on eBay. Just no funds to do it now.

This isn't a all the life we expected or planned to be living in our 40's.

I wish the people in this story the best. I guess I just needed a place to vent. I wish my partner and I could get married, but we can't (even though we live in New York State and-ironically-I've been a gay rights activist since college) because at the state we're in financially we'd lose some of the meager benefits we need to survive.

Again, I wish that couple the best, but there are so many people who need help-not because of one terrible event-but, because of a slow sad spiral into medical debt and "the poor getting poorer." I bet a lot of the big $1000+ donors to gay causes have no idea how they could help actual gay people to stabilize and, despite their limitations, actually make a real difference by having the freedom from crushing debt to make a difference in their own communities.

I hope no one is offended by this post, I really do wish the couple featured get what they need. I'm just so tired of being in need myself. I post here semi-regularly, usually I actually use my name-but I can't take any blowback from this so I guess I'll just sign...

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2013

Maybe that girl from Oklahoma with a bunch of Precious Moments figurines left over from Newtown can help them out.

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2013

It's all cool, R36. Life's rough.

by Anonymousreply 3803/19/2013

R38 It sure is.

by Anonymousreply 3903/19/2013

R36, go for it. You sound more deserving than these nitwits.

Sorry but you don't get to ask for your collectibles to be replaced. If it was so valuable why wasn't it insured? And you certainly don't get to ask for what you think it was worth rather than what you paid for things - which you know is always way less than any selling price.

This is pathetic. Who is stupid enough to put all their belongings including valuables and park them in a drive-away receptacle on the street? I'll bet there were all kinds of tell tale signs that they were moving.

Sorry for them but there's a reason for insurance.

by Anonymousreply 4003/19/2013

Jason is a bitchy bottom

by Anonymousreply 4103/19/2013

People used to suffer in silence. Now every misfortune is aired and used to request money from friends, family and strangers. I am tired of being hit up for $$$ on the internet and am cutting funds off for most projects.

Sorry r36 has four bloody dogs, that's a lot for even able-bodied wealthy people to take care of. And I am sorry the collectibles queens were tired and did not want to take their possessions out of the car. I understand but shit happens.

Take your lumps, people.

by Anonymousreply 4203/19/2013

That "youcaring" site is set up poorly. If you go to the home page, it has all kinds of links to how to set up your fund raiser, but try and find the actual fund raising pages like the one OP linked to.

by Anonymousreply 4303/19/2013

[quote]And I am sorry the collectibles queens were tired and did not want to take their possessions out of the car.

Which isn't really what happened at all, but hey, whatever.

They packed a truck with all their possessions in order to move. When they went to drive the truck away the next morning, they discovered that it had been stolen.

So, really, it has nothing to do with them being tired and not wanting to take their possessions out of a car.

by Anonymousreply 4403/19/2013

I was wondering who bought those Wizard of Oz "collectors" plates.`

by Anonymousreply 4503/19/2013

I bet that U-Haul was full of Beanie Babies. Some of them are really valuable. I'd be heartbroken if I lost just one of mine.

by Anonymousreply 4603/19/2013

[quote]Help Jason and Ambrose recover from their lives being completely stolen.

I'm sorry this happened to you...but...

No.

Your lives were not "completely stolen", Drama Queens.

I mean, after all, you still have your fake tan.

by Anonymousreply 4703/19/2013

Here's their facebook:

by Anonymousreply 4803/20/2013

I TOTALLY thought Ambrose would be the one on the right. I'm shocked.

by Anonymousreply 4903/20/2013

Ambrose (left) is cayoot!

by Anonymousreply 5003/20/2013

Is this the guy who had his madams Alexander collection stolen?

by Anonymousreply 5103/20/2013

R42 and people like him are the reason I'd never do this. I was always the kind of person to help anyone who needed it when I was still healthy and worked a full-time job, taught college part-time and was working on my Ph.d. (So that I could get a full-time teaching job-even though it didn't pay much at all.)

My partner, when he is able fixes computer problems for family and friends, doing thousands of dollars worth of work for free. But, of course they reciprocate in the way that friends and family do.

I'd never consider giving up my dogs. They are our children, and all came from horrible circumstances. Our oldest is in her mid-to-late teens. She's healthy, but needs care. She won't live forever-and when she dies I will be crushed-but, I will do everything I can to make her last months happy and pain free.

I'd be too embarrassed to ask for help on that website, my partner's depression is so bad after 15 years that we are trying to come up with the money to cover co-pays for tests, just so he can have ECT-a scary proposition. He loses his voice a lot and it worries me since he is a cancer survivor.

I just hate the dread feeling every day when the mail comes with bills and shut-off notices. Same with the phone ringing-bill collectors who want money we don't have for medical bills they already got 90% paid by Medicaid.

This past fall, I had to have a lumbar puncture to test my cerebrospinal fluid. The doctor screwed it up and I ended up with 7 jabs! All of them misses: a mess of blood, spinal fluid tissue, etc. I have been in excruciating pain ever since because they caused two discs to bulge/rupture.

My partner has a strange problem where he has a zero testosterone level in his body, an extremely dangerous situation. He needs pellets implanted 4 times a year at the cost (to us) of $200 a visit. Right now, we don't have it, we owe the clinic for back co-pays and the physical toll makes him so depressed he stays in bed almost all day.

Sounds too bad to be true? But, it's true. Lucky us.

But, you can see why I wouldn't want to put my name on this. I'm sure I'd get nasty comments, people not believing me and probably people making fun of us.

So, to R42 and everyone else who is indifferent to my situation. All I want to say is appreciate every single day you are healthy. Good health really makes anything in life possible. When you lose it-your horizons shrink so fast and so completely it takes your breath away. When you're in chronic pain (mental or physical) sometimes the hardest thing in the world is waking up in the morning and being yourself.

I have no ill will towards you or anyone else who will most certainly post cruel, snide remarks about our problems. Just remember, I'm not asking you for anything other than to be generous in your judgment of others. Things can go so wrong, so fast and it can happen to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 5203/20/2013

Scam. Grifters.

by Anonymousreply 5303/20/2013

Oh God! Not the Princess Di memorial plates, too?

The horror, the horror!

by Anonymousreply 5403/20/2013

R36, use half naked photos of attractive men for your appeal.

by Anonymousreply 5503/20/2013

Don't say they are you, don't say who they are.

by Anonymousreply 5603/20/2013

[quote]I'd never consider giving up my dogs. They are our children, and all came from horrible circumstances. Our oldest is in her mid-to-late teens. She's healthy, but needs care. She won't live forever-and when she dies I will be crushed-but, I will do everything I can to make her last months happy and pain free.

r36, I can't help you with your health problems, and I'm sorry for you and your partner.

But if you haven't done so, I suggest you contact the nearest animal shelter of some size. Many of them now have food banks for pets and offer free or very low-cost pet food and supplies to people who are struggling but won't give up their pets. (It's not entirely altruistic -- it's cheaper to give away some stuff than to take in more animals.)

A good SPCA or shelter might also offer you the cheapest vet services possible.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 5703/20/2013

What about their Prada? Was any of their Prada stolen? Mon Dieu!

by Anonymousreply 5803/20/2013

Thanks R57 That's a good suggestion. I hope people get the point that I wasn't necessarily looking for help. Reading the thread just made me think of the huge amounts of money that a whole different class of people donate to gay causes and thinking what a nice change it would be if, for one month, one week-even! They just reached out to actual gay people, who for various reasons, aren't celebrities, style makers...even employed.

I suppose I was just sort of venting at first, but then it did occur to me how much change could happen if gay people with money to donate just helped out other gay people.

Of course, that would preclude a red carpet, paparazzi and someone winning some award, all to sell tickets to pay for an even that cost tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars.

Even if they donated those SWAG bags, people like us could maximize it by selling parts of it on eBay. It's just frustrating, a lot of people could help others tremendously with the money they probably spend on a single change of clothes.

by Anonymousreply 5903/20/2013

[quote]I developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so bad that I am unable to work (despite 10 yrs. of college),

Sorry, r36, but I just imagined you delivering that speech like Dorothy Zbornack

by Anonymousreply 6003/20/2013

So it's pretty safe to assume that Latino Ambrose is uncut?

by Anonymousreply 6103/20/2013

Packed the truck and it got stolen...sounds like an inside job.

by Anonymousreply 6203/20/2013

Bad skin, lazy eye. Next.

by Anonymousreply 6303/20/2013

I truly hope they get what they deserve!

by Anonymousreply 6403/20/2013

(61)If he is uncut, he will have a stanky one when he gets old. He'll have to wash it in the morning, and any meetings he may have to attend. He will have to wipe off the urine that cakes around his head. The drops will cause him endless bitching. And he'll have to worry about diseases if he doesn't keep it clean.

by Anonymousreply 6503/20/2013

R12 I agree. When I drove 2,000 miles to move to another state and had my car packed with all of my stuff, each night I that I stayed in a hotel to sleep I took everything important from the car to the hotel room because I didn't trust leaving the important stuff in the car overnight. Yes, it was a pain in the ass having to carry all the shit to the hotel room only to have to move it back to the car the next morning, but better safe than sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6603/20/2013

R36 I totally agree with what you're saying. I was a guest at a charity dinner recently with very rich people applauding themselves for donating close to a million dollars to an arts school program. All I could think, looking around at the dozens of waiters in the room, was how that money would totally change the lives of those waiters and how absurd the focus of "charity" can sometimes be. If I had the money I would send you money to alleviate your financial worries. I hope someone does and that you find relief. Don't give up hope that your fortunes can suddenly turn for the better. Love to you.

by Anonymousreply 6703/20/2013

I'd give to R36 before I would the Precious Moments nitwits!!!

by Anonymousreply 6803/20/2013

[quote]Packed the truck and it got stolen...sounds like an inside job.

Or someone drove by and saw them packing the truck in the afternoon/evening which meant they were going to leave in the morning. All they had to do was wait for them to go to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 6903/20/2013

This was an episode of Veronica Mars, by the way. The first episode of the third season.

by Anonymousreply 7003/20/2013

HOT ! I'd give a Grand apiece if they both come and fuck my brains out!

by Anonymousreply 7103/20/2013

It's horrible for them, but WHY should people donate to help them buy junk and knick-knacks?

If they're home were burned and they lost all their clothes and basic life essentials, that's one thing. But, sorry, I can't grieve over somebody being robbed of their television and toy collection.

Sheesh America. Man up already and get a backbone.

by Anonymousreply 7203/20/2013

Not to belittle the theft, but the real tragedy here is that a poor guy has to go through life named Ambrose.

by Anonymousreply 7303/20/2013

Poor Ambrose looks like a hydrocephalic. The good thing is he probably doesn't remember the stuff that was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 7403/20/2013

The news story said they lost all their furniture, paintings, passports etc. Apparently they were planning to adopt kids after they moved and they were going to sell their vintage toys collection in order to finance the adoption.

The fundraiser should have mentioned the tragedy of being childless instead of talking about collectibles.

by Anonymousreply 7503/20/2013

The one on the left looks like the guy I'm in love with. But it's not reciprocal. So for that reason these two guys can go to hell if they think they're getting anything outta me.

by Anonymousreply 7603/20/2013

This is getting better and better

by Anonymousreply 7703/20/2013

[quote] The fundraiser should have mentioned the tragedy of being childless instead of talking about collectibles.

While I don't think being childless is a tragedy, you're right -- this would have made a much better story than the loss of a "collectables collection."

by Anonymousreply 7803/20/2013

I was about to post that they are less than $200 from the goal, but apparently the goal has been raised to $8000.

by Anonymousreply 7903/20/2013

hn

by Anonymousreply 8003/20/2013

yeah, he looks like a hemofeeliack

lolz

by Anonymousreply 8103/20/2013

or a homofeeleeack

lolz x 2

by Anonymousreply 8203/20/2013

Holy shit that's a big head on Left. His mother is still walking funny.

by Anonymousreply 8303/20/2013

R36, I empathize with you. I just contracted Chronic Fatigue Syndrome from reading your tome/posts. It truly is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 8403/20/2013

Hummels, Hummels, my Hummels are gone!!!

by Anonymousreply 8603/20/2013

This story is just a little too much. When all is said and done, they'll be on Good Morning America, talking about how the truck was stolen while they were helping a teenager who lost her parents on 9/11 deliver her baby with Downs Symdrome. What's worse is, the guys' cargo included some art that they were returning to a dying Nazi hunter whose family's belongings were stolen from them during the holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 8703/20/2013

I agree with the poster upthread. Since when is it okay to financially pander to people online? Shit happens to all of us, eventually. It's incredibly tacky to just stick your hand out and ask for money. And I grew up dirt poor, so I understand the urge, but have some pride.

I could see doing some sort of event (get some friends to put on a drag show) or "job" (a car wash) to at least give back to those donating.

by Anonymousreply 8803/20/2013

Oh really, R85, is that why Precious Moments figurines are so popular with fraus like you? So you can use them as dildos to stuff into your gaping, cavernous vagines?

by Anonymousreply 8903/20/2013

This thread is hilarious. It's made my day!

by Anonymousreply 9003/20/2013

R88 you don't have the right idea. Asking for help is not shameful. And the "grin and bear it" thing is stupid. Why not ask for help? Give help? The only thing that irks me is stuff like this case where they both have jobs and can pay their bills but are asking for money to replace a fucking toy collection.

by Anonymousreply 9103/20/2013

But they were going to use the toys to buy their babies!!!

by Anonymousreply 9203/20/2013

I don't give money to people I don't know. Too many frauds on the web.

by Anonymousreply 9303/20/2013

Ill give them a couple dollars

by Anonymousreply 9403/20/2013

I sent them a link to this thread. Hopefully they see it and realize that people do care.

by Anonymousreply 9503/20/2013

The found some of their stuff

by Anonymousreply 9603/20/2013

Since they found some of their belongings, I wonder if they will give back the money.

by Anonymousreply 9703/20/2013

90% of people's personal possessions are not worth stealing.

Just taking the shit to the dump costs more money than it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 9803/20/2013

$1500 and they meet their goal.

by Anonymousreply 9903/22/2013

Only $950 and they can buy their baby!

by Anonymousreply 10003/22/2013

R91, in this instance, it IS tacky. I totally agree asking for help because of an unforeseen illness or something is fine, it can even be inspiring to see the human spirit alive and kicking. But it's like the floodgates have opened and instead of reserving charity for actual emergencies, people do it for missing knickknacks.

by Anonymousreply 10103/23/2013

Still haven't reached their goal.

by Anonymousreply 10203/23/2013

R36 - I am sorry for all that you and your partner are going through. And you are right. To have even basic health and financial stability is quite a luxury.

The world of charity and fund-raising and who decides what and who are priorities is bizarre when most realize (but few do anything about) the gut-wrenching need which exists the world over.

I do hope for something to break in your favor, and thank you for caring for your animals that much. Anyone with that kind of heart is bound to feel the slings and arrows of life more deeply than many.

If there was real Karma at least some of the items from the OP's link would (unknowingly of course) make their way to your Ebay account.

by Anonymousreply 10303/24/2013

Let's see, either donate to the gays and reward them for their stupidity, or donate to Karen Black's cancer treatment.

No brainer.

by Anonymousreply 10403/27/2013

They only need $50!

by Anonymousreply 10504/01/2013

They met their goal PLUS $100!

by Anonymousreply 10604/23/2013

I was having the same thoughts as R36 when I learned today that the fund to help the Boston marathon victims was up to $20 million dollars and counting in just a few days. Meanwhile, people with little or no insurance get shot or hurt in accidents or have chronic illnesses coupled with financial trouble every day and no one helps them.

by Anonymousreply 10704/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.