Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Linda Ronstadt's book comes out Sept 17

You can pre-order "Simple Dreams" on Amazon.

And it's a MUSICAL memoir, so don't think you're getting the juicy dish on her love life.

Some things a girl wants to keep private.

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2013

I knew she wouldn't gossip because that's not her style, but this will bomb precisely because of that.

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

She worked with so many great people and big stars, she must have tons of great stories. Huge disappointment that she's making it all about the music and not about her career.

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

If I were her editor, I'd tell her to ramp the gossip angle, she's retired now so what does she have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

I read a story on here about LR. During her cokey days, she threw a fish bone at a rival singer, who...walked out of the room in disgust, or something?

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

Found it! Read R77.

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

I want to read this.

by Anonymousreply 603/19/2013

I'm yawning as I type . . .

My memoir, coming out next year, will dish the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 703/19/2013

Linda is great person by all acounts and I am happy for her having found contentment in life.

I hope she writes about her abilities as an arranger and composer--unfortunately, she didn't promote herself as such and therefore didn't get the work.

It would be great if she is only retiring as a singer and not as a musician--I think she could be a very in-demand producer.

by Anonymousreply 803/19/2013

[quote]I think she could be a very in-demand producer.

Oh, darling, not by anyone who's talked to me! That surly, little (then!) thing could really eat into some studio time, bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 903/19/2013

Well Dolly, you didn't mind so much when she was eating into you.

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

R10: It was all I could think of to shut her up, to offer up some lady ham!

But I think of her fondly because I am so forgiving, bless her little heart.

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

Mackenzie Phillips dated her producer Peter Asher and said he was liked degrading S&M sex and she was glad when she broke away from him and didn't have to do it anymore. She attended a lot of Linda's concerts with him but doesn't say anything about the huge amount of blow I'm sure they all did backstage.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

Andrew Gold was a musical genius, incredibly gifted as a guitarist, singer, producer and songwriter. Linda co-wrote a song with him "Try Me Again" and also one with her dad "Lo Siento Mi Vida" both from "Hasten Down the Wind." But I can't think of any other songwriting credits for Linda. I know she produced a Jimmy Webb album.

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

Linda doesn't do coke now. When she did coke her weight was low, same thing with Nicks. Probably the ONLY reason those 2 were skinny then was the coke.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

It is not well known but Linda has great composing chops, as in instrumental works, not songs.

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

When I asked Gayle McCormick if she was ever compared to Janis Joplin, she told me with some resignation and envy that she was compared to Linda.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

"I knew she wouldn't gossip because that's not her style, but this will bomb precisely because of that."

Oh, R1: You and I travel to the beat of a different drum. You're more of a glittered out slit, snare or tom-tom drum. I'm more of a steel pan or talking drum. But I will beat you.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

I want to read this!

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

"I wanted to poke her with a cattle prod and say 'Move it, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

Linda started plumping up around That's New, right?

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

Were Linda and Nicolette Larson lesbian lovers?

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

Usually people write tell-all memoirs because they need money. I'm guessing Linda probably has enough revenue streams to keep her comfortable without resorting to that. Besides, if she started ratting people out it would give them incentives to do the same to her.

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

Yes, r20. Some people claimed that Linda had a thyroid problem, which caused her weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

Or that's when she stopped coke

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

I kind of wish she kept the title "Heart Like a Wheel" - "Simple Dreams" is close to Tanya Tucker's book "Nickel Dreams"

by Anonymousreply 2504/11/2013

[quote] Some people claimed that Linda had a thyroid problem, which caused her weight gain.

Apparently, one of the side-effects of having a thyroid problem is that it makes you eat mountains of donuts and gallons high-fructose corn syrup.

by Anonymousreply 2604/11/2013

she's no Cher Cher is and remains legend.

by Anonymousreply 2704/11/2013

[quote]she's no Cher Cher is and remains legend.

It is a foolish to expect live singing from Cher, as it is to expect punctuation from her fans.

by Anonymousreply 2804/11/2013

The book is number thirty on Amazon and will make the New York Times best sellers list.

Linda will be appearing on Rachel Ray (with guest host Regis) this Friday to discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 2909/18/2013

I just purchased it on iTunes. I haven't been able to put the e-reader down, it's a very good biography. And, catch her interview on NPR, it's really interesting on her music life.

by Anonymousreply 3009/18/2013

Oops! Forgot the link.

by Anonymousreply 3109/18/2013

I heard the last half of that yesterday, R30, and it was a fascinating look at Linda. Terry asked some stupid questions, though, but Linda didn't get defensive like Keith Richards did when she asked him similarly stupid questions.

by Anonymousreply 3209/18/2013

R22, she said she's broke in the Times.

by Anonymousreply 3309/18/2013

Linda is so fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 3409/18/2013

It's very good thus far.

by Anonymousreply 3509/18/2013

Mine came autographed in fried chicken grease.

by Anonymousreply 3609/18/2013

I heard that she completely glosses over her many affairs. She also says nothing about her two adopted children. That's weird.

She did mention her relationship with Jerry Browne. She said he didn't do drugs or alcohol and was a very disciplined, stable person, which no doubt was a refreshing change from all the musicians and comedians and directors she was involved with.

by Anonymousreply 3709/18/2013

great big fat singer

by Anonymousreply 3809/18/2013

Not to turn this into a Cher thread, but when she was asked to sing a bit of the song she duets wih her mother on Georgia's album she replied "I don't sing for free!" I found that odd, since promoting your product is hardly singing for free. What she really meant was "I don't sing without my backing track!"

Ronstadt is every bit the legend Cher is, just minus the glitter.

by Anonymousreply 3909/18/2013

[quote]Terry asked some stupid questions

She inadvertently signals when she's going to ask a stupid question. She always precedes it with a nervous giggle. It's annoying to the listener, but if you're a guest and know about her giggle habit, you get a few seconds to be prepared for a stupid question.

by Anonymousreply 4009/18/2013

Sometimes I would make a trail of pork rinds leading out of the studio. That always freed up the mic.

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2013

R40 - and that's most of the time.

Linda insinuates that Jim Morrison beat his girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 4209/18/2013

Heart Like a Jalapeno Popper.

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2013

My copy arrived at the FedEx place near the airport. I should get it in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 4409/20/2013

did she fuck any of the eagles?

by Anonymousreply 4509/20/2013

[quote]Linda is great person by all acounts

Proof DL is stocked with elderly idiots.

She's a fat, mean cunt. She destroyed her career by burning every bridge she crossed.

On top of that, she's not even that talented. Once she lost whatever little sex appeal she had, no one gave a shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4609/20/2013

How could she be broke? She's sending her adopted children to colleges, they're living off of her and she has a really expensive place in SF's Marina district & AZ.

by Anonymousreply 4709/20/2013

Proof, R46.

by Anonymousreply 4809/20/2013

I've had a little dip into the book. She suggests that she is allergic to alcohol (so doesn't drink) and that she only took coke once (as it made her nose bleed). She doesn't seem to address adopting her kids. The early deaths of a number of people whom I would have thought were close to her is hardly mentioned. From my little dip, it seems that she's suggesting that she in good health. Doesn't seem to have had many (if any) lovers. Overall, the book seems very light on (and is only 200 pages). I do, however, like the discography - which lists songs and writers.

by Anonymousreply 4909/25/2013

It goes into a lot of detail about the music and her career decisions, less about her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 5009/25/2013

Doesn't seem to have have "many (if any) lovers?" Hoo boy, are you naïve. Linda has had plenty, even if she doesn't want to talk about them. Here are a few of her exes:

Jackson Browne

Assorted members of the Eagles

J. D. Souther

Brett Hudson

Jim Carrey (at the time he was 21; she was in her thirties)

Albert Brooks

Bill Murray

George Lucas (she was engaged to him for a while)

Moon Martin

Jerry Browne

Mick Jagger

by Anonymousreply 5109/25/2013

She talks about Jerry Brown and Souther in the book. I'm not sure about many of the others.

by Anonymousreply 5209/25/2013

Bob Kerry

Steve Martin

Quentin Davis

by Anonymousreply 5309/25/2013

[quote]Linda Ronstadt's book comes out

I didn't know her book was gay

by Anonymousreply 5409/25/2013

Speaking of the eagles , Don Felder was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 5509/25/2013

Don't forget:

Lowell George

Kevin Kline

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.