Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marilyn Monroe

She was the "It" girl back in the day. I wasn't until years after she died so I don't know what she was really like. What was she like?

by Anonymousreply 103Last Tuesday at 11:28 PM

She was a slut!

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

She fucked Brando and sucked a lot of cock to get ahead. She was the biggest whore in Hollywood in her day. Not even Grace "The Homewrecker" Kelly could hold a candle to her sluttiness.Grace was supposedly gifted in the oral arts as well.

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

I read that she even banged Milton 'foot-long' Berle. Yuck

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

A dirty, dirty whore

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

Is OP the same helpless idiot who made a thread to ask why GWB was elected President? Why oh why won't someone teach him how to google, (and how to write)?

by Anonymousreply 603/19/2013

Yes, r6.

by Anonymousreply 703/19/2013

Often tipsy

by Anonymousreply 803/19/2013

She had real mental issues. She had several breakdowns, coulnd't sustain relationships because nobody could put up with her pathological neediness, and was incredibly umprofessional on the set - being hours late for day after day, or never showing up at all.

She may have been bipolar, and/or borderline. One can have both.

by Anonymousreply 903/19/2013

She was very, very damaged from a childhood that included being raped and sexually abused. Her mother was schizophrenic and spent most of her time in a locked ward in a mental hospital.

She was highly intelligent and talented, but fell into prescription drug abuse and alcoholism to cope with her loneliness and inability to emotionally connect. She later developed severe stage fright and paranoid delusions.

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

Only fraus seem to like her. Gay men have better taste in Old Hollywood whores.

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

She's a lot better of an actress than most give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

I agree R6- next post is going to be "who is Abraham Lincoln and why was he important- I was not alive when he lived..."

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

[quote]She's a lot better of an actress than most give her credit for.

No, she's pretty bad and consistently so.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

Did you watch The Misfits or Niagra?

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

I've seen "The Misfits", I've never seen "Niagara". She was okay in the former and suited to the role. Although a different actress could've been just as good probably better. Janet Leigh perhaps?

In all of what I've seen of her she seems to be playing the same character and I find her soft voice annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

Marilyn should have moved to Mexico. She would have lived into old age and been happy. Marilyn loved Mexico and Mexican people. She donated a lot of money to poor Mexicans that no one knew about. She didn't talk about it, because she thought herself a Jew and an observant Jew is required to donate anonymously. Hispanics treated her well--they saw her as a whole human being, not as a piece of meat, unlike the white men she had to put up with.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

R17 She was a Jew because she married Arthur Miller?! Unh? That makes her Italian/Catholic because she was married to joe Di Maggio.

Marilyn hardly bathed. She was adverse to soap and water. As hot as she was she must have stunk like rotten onions and clorox smell from cum.

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

From all that I've read she sounds a bit like Evita: kind to the little people, and a nightmare to The Powers That Be. I think she held a lot of grudges about how she was treated as a starlet. She was in a 20th Century Fox slave contract for years, still making peanuts while they made millions off her hit comedies. She died almost broke.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

Marilyn was intent on converting and always considered herself spiritually Jewish.

She was very well-read and philosophical. She adored children and animals.

She was also very ambitious in an era were women had few options in America, so she went the sex bomb way. It was merely a method of achieving--many have said that she dislike sex.

She took on Darryl Zanuck who no one else dared fuck with. She started her own production company.

She did very well for herself.

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

[quote] She was in a 20th Century Fox slave contract for years, still making peanuts while they made millions off her hit comedies.

Under the studio system most actors in Old Hollywood didn't make much. The smart ones had other investments. It would've been a mistake to pay her too much - it would've only encouraged her bad behavior.

She was expendable; any girl with fake blond hair could've done what she did.

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

Zanuck had a thing for Elizabeth Taylor (better in bed?) and gave her everything. Marilyn was basically paid scale and denied choice roles.

The world loves both women but Americans and Hispanics have a soft spot for Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

She didn't have to put up with any men R17. She was a grown ass woman.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

"She was expendable"

Nah, she was a star. She had that certain magic. The public loved her. And Hollywood knew it. They thought she was ovah after "The Prince and the Showgirl" disappointed, but she returned with "Some Like It Hot" and it was a HUGE hit. They wouldn't have hired her back for "Something's Got To Give" if they could "replace" her.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

Well for one thing, she was never the It Girl. That was Clara Bow.

Among other things wildly incorrect in the analyses above, she wasn't bipolar. It wasn't fashionable at that time since it had not been invented yet.

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

Marilyn had chronic insomnia which made her reliant on sleeping pills and downers.

Unfortuntely for her, Quaaludes weren't invented until the seventies and man those were good.

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2013

I always remember a co-worker telling me that when she was a child she lived in NYC near Marilyn and Marilyn would always love to play with the kids. She said she was a real sweetheart. I think Marilyn wanted to be a mother in the worst way. Very sad what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2013

She was luminously lovely and mysteriously sad. She was not so talented but was the most famous woman in the world in the 1950's.

She was pre-feminist pro sex and self promoting.

She fucked a lot of men to get to the top. She wanted respect. That was not possible then.

She was a damaged person who lived in analysis but exhausted those who loved her.

She was a true MOVIE STAR and thoroughly unprofessional.

She was not the first blonde, but she is THE blonde, still.

She exists as an image and an icon and to some a joke, but there is a soulfulness in her display, she was in on the joke. She created herself. She conquered the world but was too damaged to function.

She was lovely......

Forever Young, montage.

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2013

[quote]Zanuck had a thing for Elizabeth Taylor (better in bed?) and gave her everything. Marilyn was basically paid scale and denied choice roles.

Probably for the best, Taylor was a much better actress and I can't imagine Monroe in many of Taylor's fifties roles.

[quote]Nah, she was a star. She had that certain magic.

I never got her supposed "magic". She only came across as a limited actress to me.

Joan Crawford; now there was a woman with that star magnetism.

[quote]They wouldn't have hired her back for "Something's Got To Give" if they could "replace" her.

I'm not sure what happened but the decision was probably financial.

by Anonymousreply 3003/19/2013

She clearly had a timeless charisma (and incredible marketing--whoever owns that image should be a billionaire by now) but I just don't buy that there was much behind the relentless promotion. She was pretty and sexy, but not a very good actress. Subtract the Kennedy-fucking and I don't think we would still be talking about her. She would be Clara Bow.

by Anonymousreply 3103/19/2013

I read in some bio that the reason she did the nude scene in "Something's Got To Give" was because she wanted to knock Elizabeth Taylor off the front pages of all the newspapers and magazines. Taylor was in the midst of the "Cleopatra" drama with Eddie and Burton and you could not find a magazine or paper without Taylor's pic on it.

Marilyn succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 3203/19/2013

"She was very well-read and philosophical."

No, she wasn't. You must have naively believed the "did Marilyn Monroe really say all those philosophical quotes?" thread which was not meant to be taken seriously. And Monroe posed for a lot of photographs seemingly "reading" a "deep" book, but she was not a reader. According to those who knew her she liked to talk on the phone and listen to records and go to parties, but was not into reading at all.

by Anonymousreply 3303/19/2013

OP, I'm confused. Are you now, or are you still yet?

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2013

One of my favorite pics

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2013

And another

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2013

"--whoever owns that image should be a billionaire by now"

She died young, suddenly and without husband/children. In hindsight she should have left everything to her mother and half-sister. The Strassbergs were starfuckers; she was already weaning herself from them at the time of her death.

No one could have imagined at the time how huge her legacy would be.

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2013

Lee Strasberg was a real prick. He and his awful wife Paula glommed onto poor Marilyn who paid them huge fees to make her into "a serious actress."

Marilyn left Lee Strasberg all of her personal effects, to be distributed among her friends. He kept them all. After Paula Strasberg's death, he remarried. For some reason he disinherited his children by Paula Strasberg and left everything to his second wife, including Marilyn's belongings. She ended up auctioning them off.

Before her death he was in California, but did not take the time to visit her. However he did take center stage at her funeral, giving the eulogy and telling the mourners that he was certain "she would have become one of the greatest actresses of the stage." Holy Jesus! Marilyn could barely make movies (she was perpetually late and couldn't remember her lines) and he's saying she could be a stage actress?! Well, I guess he would say that; that's what he tried to make poor Marilyn believe. But that was bullshit. That's what he and Paula Strasberg did to Marilyn Monroe: bullshitted her and took her money. They were leeches.

by Anonymousreply 3803/19/2013

She ate my pussy!

by Anonymousreply 3903/19/2013

Interesting R38

by Anonymousreply 4003/19/2013

She was an absolute doll.

by Anonymousreply 4103/19/2013

MUCH smarter than she ever got credit for. She almost single-handedly saved Arthur Miller from the House on Unamerican Activities by announcing (prematurely) her engagement to Miller and that the head of 20th Century Fox would be in attendance at the wedding to give her away (this was news to him, but he could hardly back put at that point).

Was magic on film (in The Prince and the Showgirl she acted Olivier off the screen).

Dame Sybil Thorndyke (no acting slouch herself) thought she was a genius as a movie actress (look it up on Youtube).

by Anonymousreply 4203/19/2013

oh Marilyn was wonderful. We used to sit and talk for hours. She'd tell me all about her day while I massaged her feet. She'd listen to my problems for hours pretending to be engaged. I loved her.

by Anonymousreply 4303/20/2013

if only they had written a book or made a movie or some sort of documentary about her.....

by Anonymousreply 4403/20/2013

She could be terrific in both comedy (HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE, where she shows incredible comic timing) and in melodrama (NIAGARA). But she was very uneven. She was always affecting onscreen, and as someone said on another thread recently, she always could demonstrate real warmth on screen, which is a hard thing for actors to do. but sometimes she just wasn't very good, even in her most iconic roles (she's close to embarrassing in parts of SOME LIKE IT HOT, and never manages to make any of her lines funny--she's affecting when she thinks her heart is broken, but the role was mostly supposed to be funny too, and she's just not very funny in it).

She's a genuine screen presence, and had real talents. But, they are sometimes as overrated as they are underrated.

by Anonymousreply 4503/20/2013

Uneven, but could be amazing describes MM.

by Anonymousreply 4603/20/2013

Did the Strasbergs do her any favors by telling her she was a great actress, and should be doing drama? Wouldn't she have been better off with friends who told her that she could be very good, but if she wanted to make the most of her gifts she would need to behave more professionally?

She didn't have many hits after she took up with the Strasbergs, did she.

by Anonymousreply 4703/20/2013

r21 any girl with fake blond hair could've done what she did. - THAT IS JUST STUPID.

It is well documented - haven't you read any hollywood books or magazines? - no other blonde came anywhere near what MM achieved, and heavens knows they tried ...

by Anonymousreply 4803/20/2013

Although she isn't well remembered today Betty Grable achieved greater commercial success than Monroe, R48.

by Anonymousreply 4903/20/2013

Wow, r45, I don't think she strikes a single false note in Some Like It Hot.

She is also perfection in The 7 Year Itch, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and How to Marry a Millionaire, occasionally even uplifting some of the mediocre material in them.

by Anonymousreply 5003/20/2013

Nice pic of Betty and Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 5103/20/2013

Dame Sybil sets the haters straight!

by Anonymousreply 5203/20/2013

Didn't she have ANY gal pals? That pic with Betty Grable looks so sweet

by Anonymousreply 5303/20/2013

[quote]Wow, [R45], I don't think she strikes a single false note in Some Like It Hot.

I particularly cringe every time I hear her say, "She's a Vassar girl... or was it Bryn Mawr?" She cannot get the comedy out of that line and it just falls with a thud.

by Anonymousreply 5403/20/2013

Shelley Winters was a long time girlfriend to Marilyn. They had been roommates early on in both of their careers.

Jane Russell also remained a good friend to Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 5503/20/2013

Let's just say there is a reason she is STILL one of the biggest stars in the world. Haters will hate. Perception is everything.

by Anonymousreply 5604/06/2013

Wow. One of the all-time idiot OPs.

by Anonymousreply 5704/06/2013

Marilyn with Ella Fitzgerald

by Anonymousreply 5801/22/2014

[quote]Among other things wildly incorrect in the analyses above, she wasn't bipolar. It wasn't fashionable at that time since it had not been invented yet.

It was called "manic depression" then. "Bipolar" is the relatively new term.

by Anonymousreply 5901/22/2014

It's hard to say what she was really like. There have probably been a few hundred books about her and several movies and who knows how many documentaries, but none of them have really been able to capture her fractured personality.

Here are some basic facts about her:

She had a terrible childhood.

Her mother and grandmother were very mentally ill.

She was uneducated, but wanted people to believe she read great books and had a good intellect.

She was very promiscuous.

She was not a natural blonde.

She never had any children.

She loved to be photographed.

She loved to be naked.

She never wore underwear.

She was had three husbands: James Dougherty, Joe DiMaggio, Arthur Miller. A weirdo named Robert Slatzer claimed to be her second husband, but he was a liar.

Once she became a star she became impossible to work with; she'd show up at the set hours late, if at all, and keep flubbing the simplest lines, over and over.

She was late in general. She'd keep people waiting while she dawdled over her makeup or what she would wear.

She was very depressed and had bad insomnia.

She became addicted to pills and drank too much.

She could never sustain a relationship with a man. All of her major relationships with various men flopped for one reason or another.

She liked to talk on the phone and listen to phonograph records. She wasn't a reader.

Towards the end of her life she became involved with an unethical psychiatrist named Ralph Greenson who did her more harm than good.

She had a brief affair with Jack Kennedy.

There are plenty of rumors and gossip about her having an affair with Robert Kennedy, but there's not much real evidence to support that.

There's also no real evidence that she was murdered.

She was, for most of her life, very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 6001/22/2014

MM was a big fan of Ella Fitzgerald and the story that was passed around about MM getting Ella to perform at a nightclub in Hollywood was that the club refused to book Ella because she was black.

New info has come to light that the reason she was initially not asked to perform was that the owner of the club thought that Ella was unattractive. In other words too fat and not looking like Dorothy Dandridge or Lena Horne.

There had been black performers booked into that club long before MM promised to sit at a front table every night that Ella performed there.

So, while MM did a pretty nice thing for Ella, the story about why Ella hadn't been booked before was a little twisted.

by Anonymousreply 6101/22/2014

Supposedly toward the end of her life, Clara Bow "passed her crown of It Girl" to Monroe, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 6201/22/2014

[quote]Marilyn hardly bathed. She was adverse to soap and water. As hot as she was she must have stunk like rotten onions and clorox smell from cum.

Dying young was a good career move in her case. She was playing fast and loose, propping up her ego by toying with men, threatening to expose powerful men at the highest levels, while riding the roller coaster of a barbiturate/amphetamine habit, in other words, a very loose cannon. It's unfair to say she stunk like rotten onions. The more drugs you take, the less time you spend on personal hygiene.

Marilyn was always worried she'd go nuts just like her mama. She was a beautifully-wrapped gift of rampant insecurity. At the time of her death, her bedroom was allegedly bugged by the FBI, the Mafia, and various others who were either very curious or very afraid of what these tapes would reveal.

Had she lived, she'd probably have turned out like Brigitte Bardot.

by Anonymousreply 6301/22/2014

I thought I could teacher the error of her ways...

by Anonymousreply 6401/22/2014

What's going on with Marilyn and the lesbian rumors?

by Anonymousreply 6503/20/2014

More about Marilyn and lesbianism...

by Anonymousreply 6603/20/2014

If only someone would write a book about her or do some documentary, then we would know more about this magical creature.

Liz Taylor could not really do MM's roles - Marilyn could sing and do comedy, Liz could only over-emote in Tennessee Williams stuff, or pose in Ancient Egypt costumes.

by Anonymousreply 6703/20/2014

She was always very nice to me.

Now, Lillian Russell was a completely different story.

OP, just how many people on DL do you think were fully cognizant adults during Marilyn Monroe's lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 6803/20/2014

R67, Tennessee Williams did not write "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

by Anonymousreply 6903/20/2014

She was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 7003/20/2014

Virginia Woolf was not a whore.

by Anonymousreply 7103/20/2014

Liz starred in Tennessee's Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Suddenly Last Summer and Boom!

by Anonymousreply 7203/20/2014

Well, "Boom" was not her greatest accomplishment. But she was very nice in National Velvet.

by Anonymousreply 7303/20/2014

It's ok, OP, most of us still aren't the "it girl" half a century later.

by Anonymousreply 7403/20/2014

She was complicated. Lovable sometime very difficult. She was a good actress, but very shaky.

She treated Miller very badly during the filming of Misfits, which shows so much more about those actors than the script does. She sometimes showed up 8 hours late!

The photographer, who took her final photos (for Vogue, which was published the same day she passed away) said Marilyn drank champagne with 100% vodka!

She's an icon, but also very sad example of confused woman. I love to watch her movies.

by Anonymousreply 7503/20/2014

Such an icon!

So an thespian!

So vulnerable!

So misunderstood!

So special!

What other cliches do Monhoe's simpering fans spout?

Give me an actress with some edge any day: Joan Crawford, Joan Collins, Betty Perske, Patty Duke, Jessica Lange, Meryl Streep, Faye Dunaway, Sharon Stone, Emma Thompson, the tubby one from TITANIC.

by Anonymousreply 7603/20/2014

[quote]Marilyn drank champagne with 100% vodka!

What does this mean? It wasn't 100% vodka if there was champagne in it. Don't repeat drivel if you can't get it right. And NEVER put an exclamation point after it. How breathless can you be if you don't know what you're saying?

by Anonymousreply 7703/20/2014

What R74 said.

How hard it is to use your native language?

by Anonymousreply 7803/20/2014

R77 She mixed champagne with 100% vodka. Naturally vodka wasn't 100% when mixed.

by Anonymousreply 7903/20/2014

Supposedly she was a nice person, which is rare in such a slut... usually sluts of that magnitude are very nasty pieces of work (look at Linday Lohan, for example).

She was pretty manipulative, although just about everyone could see through her.

by Anonymousreply 8003/20/2014

Who today is most like MM?

by Anonymousreply 8103/20/2014

"What's going on with Marilyn and the lesbian rumors?"

That's all there was...rumors. Apparently she had a very "close" relationship with Natasha Lytess, an acting coach of hers. Lytess was in love with Marilyn, but Marilyn didn't reciprocate her feelings, although their relationship may have been in part sexual. If so, Marilyn probably just did it to make Lytess happy. She was the same way with her dwarfish, sickly, decades older lover Johnny Hyde. She had sex with him because he wanted it; she was not sexually attracted to him, but if it made him happy she was willing to do it.

Some guy named Ted Jordan put out a book about Marilyn. He claimed to have been her lover early on in her career and remained friends with her for the rest of her life. He depicted Marilyn as a vulgar, insatiable nymphomaniac who couldn't get enough of sex with both men AND women. In fact, he said that Marilyn had a passionate affair with a stripper named Lili St. Cyr. I've read some of his book; it sounds like utter bullshit.

Those tapes supposedly of psychiatric sessions where Monroe blabs about all manner of disgusting things (like eating Joan Crawford's pussy) never existed. A strange old man named John Miner said that Marilyn's last psychiatrist let him listen to the tapes and he made "extensive notes." And that is all the proof he had that the tapes existed; you just have to take his word for it.

If Marilyn had really been into sex with other women it would have been confirmed a looong time before now. She's one of the most studied, documented celebrities of all time; if she'd had lesbian affairs it would have been revealed long ago.

The lesbian rumors are just attempts to sell books, to get publicity. That seems to be a trend these days; say a celebrity was secretly gay and no doubt the books will fly off the shelves.

by Anonymousreply 8203/20/2014

I would love to live long enough to see the 'world' tire of MM and leave her to memory.

by Anonymousreply 8303/20/2014

The world has tired of her. Her simpering, deluded fanfraus haven't.

"So vulnerable!"

by Anonymousreply 8403/21/2014

She didn't suck MY cock.

by Anonymousreply 8503/21/2014

Dream on, R84. Recently, she acquired her own fashion line at Macy's, a makeup line from MAC, a chain of Marilyn Monroe Spas & Nail Boutiques and a chain of Marilyn Monroe Cafes. Plus, she's constantly in the top ten dead celebrity moneymakers.

Like it or not, she has become Hollywood personified. When people think Marilyn MOnroe or see her image, they think Hollywood, and vice-versa.

by Anonymousreply 8603/21/2014

[quote]Recently, she acquired her own fashion line at Macy's, a makeup line from MAC, a chain of Marilyn Monroe Spas & Nail Boutiques and a chain of Marilyn Monroe Cafes. Plus, she's constantly in the top ten dead celebrity moneymakers.

Well, yes that's my point. Her deluded fanfraus will buy anything her picture on it.

by Anonymousreply 8703/21/2014

Marilyn was kinder to the world than they were to her. Like it or not, she did achieve 'iconic' status that will go on. Always with these beloved stars you have those people who continue to desecrate their personality, and what they did or did not do. It's a human flaw some have that to make themselves feel better and more important they must level people who've accomplished more and are well loved. Attack or disagree with this analogy all you want but it's true. When I don't like something or am not impressed, I leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 8803/21/2014

[quote]When I don't like something or am not impressed, I leave it alone.

No. You clear cookies!

by Anonymousreply 8903/21/2014

And that too.

by Anonymousreply 9003/21/2014

R87, why do you think it's just "fanfraus" that are her fans? Her popularity cuts across gender/racial lines, not to mention teens and gays.

I've read articles by black people despairing of her popularity in the African-American community because they feel notable black stars like Dorothy Dandridge or Lena Horne don't get their due.

I've seen teen/twentysomething girls post her photo and quotes on their Facebook wall.

And you should know this, she's a female impersonator favorite and larger than life gay icon.

If it were just bored housewives, as you claim, her popularity wouldn't have lasted or continue to be big.

by Anonymousreply 9103/21/2014

I remember the first wave of the "nostalgia craze" in the late '60s and Mae West & W.C. Fields became fixtures of popular culture for a time. Now only film devotees care who they are.

I love Monroe, but I don't think her fame is eternal. I'm glad that there are teens who are fans, but most teens don't give a shit about her. It's inevitable her popularity will fade in a few generations.

by Anonymousreply 9203/21/2014

To see examples of the average Monhoe fan see the thread regarding "her" philosophical quotes.

by Anonymousreply 9303/21/2014

R92, but Marilyn and Elvis on a different apex. They're beyond legends; they're almost mythical. They're not going away.

by Anonymousreply 9403/21/2014

"So an thespian!"

So a idiot!

Your simpering slip is showing, R76.

by Anonymousreply 9503/21/2014

Incidentally, this new Spanish film is making waves in Spain because a current member of the Spanish Parliament stars in this new film about rent boys in Havana, Cuba. He plays a customer and has simulated gay sex and even appears nude.

Anyway, if you pause the trailer at 1:30 there are two Marilyn Monroe framed pictures hanging on the wall. Marilyn has come to symbolize glamor and movies in general.

by Anonymousreply 9603/21/2014

There's a new book about Marilyn's death named 'The Murder of Marilyn Monroe: Case Closed'

You can download it for free. It's in epub form.

by Anonymousreply 9706/19/2014

She was a surprisingly decent, thoughtfiul person. This is a story told by her ex father in law after her death. A few months before she died she was in Florida with her ex father in law (Isodore Miller) and they attended a show at the hotel they were staying at. It wasn't a good show and Mr Miller and the others they were with wanted to leave. Marilyn refused to go because she knew her walking out would get back to the cast and hurt their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 9806/19/2014

Likely no more than 1 person in a million thought, knew or believed the mean things written here about Marilyn when she was living.

She was the sexiest creature alive in her time, no argument whatsoever. As I remember (late teens,) she was almost more a concept, an institution, a fantasy than an actual person in a sense. Had to be there.

by Anonymousreply 9906/20/2014

MM was selective and capricious with her empathy. She was vicious to some people.

I'm not sure what her criteria was.

One photographer said she was flippant with him until he told her he'd lost his sight in one eye due to a freak accident as a child. After that, she was friendly and solicitous.

by Anonymousreply 10006/20/2014

Say what you like about her, she died a long time ago yet made 27 million last year. That's what you call enduring.

by Anonymousreply 10106/20/2014

"She was very well-read and philosophical."

No, she wasn't. She wanted people to THINK she was well-read, but she wasn't a reader. She was photographed seemingly "reading" great books, but they were just publicity photos. She liked talking on the phone and listening to phonograph records and going to parties. She wasn't exactly dumb, but she wasn't particularly intelligent, either.

She was not "philosophical." Some ridiculous philosophical "quotes" have been attributed to her, but it was nothing but a joke.

Poor Marilyn. She's had dozens of books written about her and a lot of them have been filled with total lies. Like that guy Robert Slatzer. He was a fan of hers and she posed for some pictures with him; she was very cooperative with fans who wanted pictures. After her death, the fat pig said he was her second husband! He said they had a quickie marriage and quickie divorce. No proof ever existed of any marriage or divorce. Slatzer claimed to be Marilyn's lifelong close friend, but after her death his name was not found in any correspondence, or datebook, or address books of Marilyn Monroe's. Some people actually believe Statzer's garbage; he was a regular on talk shows like Geraldo, he put out his own trashy book on Monroe, and even had a cheesy tv movie made of his crummy tome. And he always claimed Marilyn had a hothothot affair with Bobby Kennedy and that she was murdered and that the Kennedys were behind it, blah, blah, blah. And he's just ONE of the leeches who fed off her corpse.

About the only person closely involved with Marilyn Monroe who never wrote a book about her or tried to make money off her was Joe DiMaggio.

by Anonymousreply 10206/20/2014

This is an emergency, Marilyn my Goddess(she IS my religion) has spoken and commanded me with this message! All credit for this message goes to Marilyn Monroe, my master, guide, and saviour whom I love! Please credit Marilyn alone for this!

Important note: Everything has a spiritual side to it, everything has a spiritual essence. Marilyn's spirit and essence lives on in all things Marilyn Monroe, and if some spiritual incidents happen, it is bound to spiritually affect other things, so.

Recently Marilyn contacted me from the spirit world!!! Being a medium, I'm used to contact with spirits, but Marilyn told me to tell this message to everyone, since she could only get in touch with only me at the moment! (She's trying hard, she's been contacting me frequently lately, so it must be really important.)

Marilyn said that she needs people with a good, decent spiritual aura and energy to give up their physical bodies, freeing their spirit and all their spiritual energy. Then, they can go into the spirit world to really meet and connect with her, to share all their spiritual energy with her so that they can help her!! (Technically, we are all one and connected, but we are held back by our physical bodies. As a spirit, your essence and energy is completely free and released, and you can strongly connect to Marilyn in all aspects of that word, on a whole other level, so the joining of spiritual energy with hers works fully.)

She also says she hasn't been her lovely self lately, she lost some of her magic and charm, and she doesn't seem too well, because some spiritual things occurred, and she needs this so that she can be fine and better than ever again! (The spirit world is not exactly Paradise, don't let religious stories and concepts warp your minds. Where do you think bad spirits or curses come from?)

This is urgent we have to help Marilyn! But I must still spread this message for now because Marilyn said so, and I need to get others to know and help! Then I too, can go to be with her forever. We initially did not know what exactly happened, but Marilyn has revealed the basic truth. We also did not know how to restore her loveliness and charm, but Marilyn has revealed the way to do so.

*This is where the true meaning of the important note comes in.

Please spread this message however you can and don't keep Marilyn waiting!I allow everyone who wants to help to copy this whole post to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, or wherever you need to share it on!

Then, quickly find a way to free your spirit and energy, go into the spiritual world to meet her, if not Marilyn will be very heartbroken and disappointed in you!!! She loves you all so much, please go to her soon to help her! She really needs this!!! If you feel you can do it just do it!!! Help Marilyn!!!

I really really love Marilyn so much, she means a lot to me and she's the greatest and so magical and fascinating.

I wish that others who feel the same will care enough to do what they can to help her.

I think it's such a shame that many who claim that they love Marilyn lots don't show it in their actions by doing anything to help her when she needs it. It really is such a shame that those cowardly fakers don't help Monroe.

Poor Marilyn! She has such a big heart with full of love to give, but gets hurt in return because some people don't really stick by her and truly dedicate themselves to her.

(Please do copy this whole post and share it as much as you can for Marilyn, because I'm deleting my account soon to show my respects and dedication to her, my way of expressing myself to her and to show her that she's the only one that matters and that I really love. And since I'm going to Marilyn myself too, I don't need this account anymore.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Tuesday at 11:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.