Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Teen Gets Shot and Killed By Neighbor/Homeowner--Kid Mistakenly Thought he was Home.

How many more?

by Anonymousreply 14303/25/2013

The Devils of Loudoun.

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

I don't buy that he thought it was his own house. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

"They said there is no indication that there was any animosity between the families or even that they knew each other."

Two houses apart.

Oh, the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

The shooter was profiled here. This was the first result when I googled his name. This is a sample:

[quote]Now, he claims to fear for his safety with me. I’m a 5ft4, overweight pregnant girl. He’s a volunteer fire fighter with the Sterling Volunteer Fire Department, so he has to be strong enough to pull people from burning buildings. Also, he owns approximately 10 guns. I own no guns.

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

R2 have you ever been to those suburbs with McMansions? Every other house looks alike with the same floor plan. If you're wasted I can see you getting mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

How did the kid get in the house? Why would this paranoid gunowner leave the front door unlocked? If the kid forced the door open I guess I understand the shooters reaction a little better.

by Anonymousreply 603/19/2013

He forced a window open (remember he thought he was sneaking into his own home after being grounded.)

by Anonymousreply 703/19/2013

R6, he got in through a back window as he was grounded and hiding from his folks.

by Anonymousreply 803/19/2013

I'll confess to living in suburbia. Once, I was really stoned and my friend and I walked into the wrong McMansion. We didn't die. Luckily, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 903/19/2013

how in the hell do you not know or recognize someone that lives one house away from you?

the shooter has lived in the neighborhood for 9 years and he doesn't have a clue who lives on house away from him?

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

Quickly, R10, describe every person who lives in the ten dwellings nearest to you. How many of them can you name?

For the last decade I have lived across the street from a couple whose names are unknown to me. They keep to themselves so well that if I were behind them in line at the grocery store, I doubt I'd recognize them.

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

Unfortunate but I would have done the same thing.

I know my neighbors and can recognize them, but at 3am in the dark, who knows their intentions.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

I think its a real tragedy

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

r12 is a scourge upon the earth. And a coward, at that.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

why hasn't there been a bill since sandy hook? release the sandy hook photos for gods sake

between these shooting and all the boys dying in Iraq and afganastan, the American people need to stand up and fight back.

We all need to get off of our asses and do something.

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

R11,

I can recognize neighbors next to me, behind me, across from me, on the street behind me and the street in front of mine.

I don't know all their names, but I recognize them, their kids and pets.

I'm not even that social of a person...I've never gone to the block party.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

OK, R16, you recognize your neighbors in the context of seeing them on their own properties in the light of day. Would you know at once who all of them were if you encountered one in a dark room in your own house at two in the morning?

By the way, I am not defending the homeowner killing this kid. I am only saying that I understand his confusion in mistaking the boy for a malicious intruder.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

I understand his confusion too. If there'd been no gun available, his recourse would have been to call the cops instead of firing at the person in his house. Result: no dead kid who was never a danger in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

R17,

Moot point as I don't own a gun.

Those neighbors that I know fairly well I would / have recognise/d out of context.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

That is quite a combination of unfortunate events.

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

What happened was entirely, one hundred percent the stupid kid's fault.

He was grounded. He was not supposed to go out. But he wanted to go to a party and get drunk (he was 16 years old). So he sneaked out through a window. He went to the party and got shitfaced drunk. He had friends who dropped him off and helped hoist through a back window. He was so blotto he went in through the window of somebody else's house and set off the fire alarm. The homeowner, understandably alarmed, shoots the intruder. Like I said, it was ALL the dumb teenager's fault.

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

[Mistakenly thought he was home]

LMAO

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

You are a sad excuse for a human being, r21.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

I experienced a (sort of) similar tragedy 10 years ago. My good friend and coworker had decided to drive to her mother's home which was in Winter Park, FL, rather than drive all the way to her own home 20 miles away. It was late, she had her own key, and she had done this many times.

She used her opener to raise the garage door, and upon closing it, got out of her car. Seconds later, her mother's ne'er do well boyfriend shot and killed her in the garage. He told the police that he believed her to be an intruder.

Not that it matters, but she was the kindest, most beautiful woman I have ever known. She genuinely was that one in a million gal who truly appeared to not realize that every male and female's jaws dropped when they saw her.

We(Orlando based flt atts) had a bench installed on the path around Lake Eola where she loved to run in her memory.

The creep boyfriend was not charged.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

Got something to say, R22? Man up.

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

You're a fucking idiot, R23. Some asshole breaks into your house; what do you think the homeowner should have done, offered him a cup of coffee and a piece of homemade pie? Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2013

One of the reasons why I will never live in the US. Quite a hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 2703/19/2013

I'm female and if some damn fool is breaking through my window in the middle of the night, he better identify himself real quick.

If not, I'm firing my 9mm.

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2013

I see, a hormonal man overreacting again. His time of the month, perhaps?

Men are too emotional to carry guns.

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2013

I'm socially liberal, but I completely agree with shooting an intruder in your own home AFTER you've warned them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 3003/19/2013

This will be wasted on a POS like you, r26/21 but the consequence for a teenager drunkenly entering a neighbor's house by mistake should not be death.

You have serious issues. You probably think you're a good, decent person but you're nowhere near that. There is a whole range of reactions between offering refreshments and summary execution but subtleties and gradations are obviously beyond the grasp of a simpleton, black & white thinker like yourself. Reactionary freaks like you are the main reason things are so fucked up in general.

by Anonymousreply 3103/19/2013

I agree with R23.

The kid was sixteen and stupid. I did stupid things at sixteen, including drinking and sneaking out. That was almost a rite of passage back in the 70s.

Call the police first; not shoot and then regret your actions and take a life.

by Anonymousreply 3203/19/2013

R26 has anger issues and shouldn't own a gun.

by Anonymousreply 3303/19/2013

Or shoot to maim, not to kill. I know, a foreign concept.

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2013

The kid made a very stupid mistake, sneaking out, getting shitfaced drunk, and sneaking back in -- especially to the wrong house. He should not have had to pay for that series of mistakes with his life.

That said, the homeowner -- who DID call the cops -- was woken up at 3:00 a.m. by the alarm going off and hearing someone coming up the stairs. In retrospect, I'm sure that he wishes that he had done something else to identify the intruder. However, in that same situation, armed with a gun, I'm not sure many people would have reacted differently. You don't immediately think, "oh, that must be my neighbor's kid, who drunkenly entered my home instead of his."

A horrid tragedy all around.

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2013

Robert Downey Jr. went to the wrong house and got into the wrong bed. He lived.

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2013

Darwinism at work. Pure and simple. Planet cleared of someone quite literally too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2013

I deeply wish that r21 would take his beloved gun and kill himself with it already.

by Anonymousreply 3803/19/2013

I went to a party last Saturday night, didn't get laid, got shot to death, uh huh, it ain't no big thing!

by Anonymousreply 3903/19/2013

I love how all these people are so sure how they'd react when gripped with terror and fear.

Very sad but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

You do not shoot to injure. Injured people can continue an attack and can still kill you. Even a small caliber gun like a .25 won't stop some people.

by Anonymousreply 4003/19/2013

Sorry, r38, dumb bleeding hearts always go first.

by Anonymousreply 4103/19/2013

The family forgave the shooter...they seem like really good parents...they grounded the kid for not cleaning his room...but, they didn't lock him in the house...who locks their teen kids into their houses/rooms anyways?

Really, really sad...

by Anonymousreply 4203/19/2013

Heterosexual males are dangerous. It's a fact of life. Beware of heterosexual males who have a "I have a gun and I'll use it" mentality. They are trigger happy. And once you are blown away they can make up any story to get themselves out of trouble. With that said this gun owner's account sounds plausible. Heterosexual teenage and early 20-something males are way too confident, rambunctious and disrespectful especially those that play sports. I could see this teenager thinking he could physically take on this guy.

by Anonymousreply 4303/19/2013

That was big of them, considering their kid broke into HIS house in the middle of the night!

Do you think a pitbull or german shepherd would have asked for ID?

by Anonymousreply 4403/19/2013

It happened to me too!

by Anonymousreply 4503/19/2013

Hi,

I'm kin to r38.

Well, I was.... until a grizzly ate my gf and I.

Who would have thunk that a frying pan couldn't stop a grizzly.... or that a grizzly would even attack?

Sincerely,

Tim Treadwell

by Anonymousreply 4603/19/2013

Dammit r46 I thought the picture would be of the dead guy with the leg chewed off and tendons and strands a-blowin in the wind..

by Anonymousreply 4703/19/2013

[quote]That was big of them, considering their kid broke into HIS house in the middle of the night!

In ERROR. He wasn't breaking in to rape and pillage. He thought it was his home. Did you read the article asshole?

by Anonymousreply 4803/19/2013

The medical examiner still will not let the parents see the body. The Sheriff says h has not decided whether to charge the shooter.

I think the kid was shot in the back. I think the shooter saw him, knew who he was, and shot him.

There's other stuff but mostly its just gossip.

by Anonymousreply 4903/19/2013

I haven't seen the people next door in five years. We have high hedges. The only one I see there every few months is their gardener. Three houses down, a family has three sons who sometimes have beards, sometimes are clean shaven. I probably couldn't pick them out in a line-up.

by Anonymousreply 5003/19/2013

The homeowner is not a mind reader, asshole!

Gross, r47. I thought you were kidding.

On the bright side, his shoe stayed on.

by Anonymousreply 5103/19/2013

More info here

by Anonymousreply 5203/19/2013

Thanks r51, I love that picture because it usually comes with anger about how it's not classified "NSFW" or "not for the squeamish!" and people get so mad. His shoe did stay on so good for him.

by Anonymousreply 5303/19/2013

It was a tragic accident. Nothing more. Sometimes kids get hit by cars, when no one is at fault. It's a tragedy, not a card to play.

by Anonymousreply 5403/19/2013

[quote] I'm socially liberal, but I completely agree with shooting an intruder in your own home AFTER you've warned them to leave

The owner did. He also fired a warning shot but the kid kept trying to go up the stairs. I'd have shot the kid too

by Anonymousreply 5503/19/2013

Let's see, kid disobeys parents (for starters) and sneaks out window. Goes to party and gets plastered. Sneaks back home and is so intoxicated he doesn't know his own house from his neighbors'. Sneaks in through a window of said neighbors' house. Scares neighbor into thinking he is an intruder, a very reasonable. imminent fear and the EXACT defense one needs for shooting someone in one's home in self defense. And NO ONE is fault? The dead teen is not responsible for HIS actions? Hmm. Might want to re-think that one.

by Anonymousreply 5603/20/2013

OK half of you have clearly not read the article and are opening your very opinionated yaps.

The kid was grounded and had sneaked out for a party.

There was drinking in the party and the 16-year-old kid had a few drinks on him.

The kid was helped by his friends from the party to sneak back in at 2-3 am. They could all conceivably thought they were in the right house, as they were probably directed there by the kid (so there are witnesses that the kid had been drinking and broke in).

The alarm went off!

The homeowner came downstairs armed.

The homeowner TOLD THE KID TO LEAVE HOLDING THE GUN and the kid proceded to continue upstairs (probably thinking he was home and confusing the seriousness of the situation in his hazy state - did he think it was his dad? Maybe - which says a little about how things were run at his home I suppose).

There were alarms ringing for crissake...

by Anonymousreply 5803/20/2013

Some stupid kids grow up to be intelligent adults. Some stupid kids grow up to be stupid adults.

Too bad we will never know which path he would have taken. RIP buddy.

by Anonymousreply 5903/20/2013

As if shooting to kill is the only option for "alarms ringing."

For crissake.

by Anonymousreply 6003/20/2013

R60, the kid was warned technologically, verbally, and with a warning shot.

Shooting to kill was the FOURTH step in a series of warnings.

by Anonymousreply 6103/20/2013

People should read the article before commenting. If you haven't read the article then you are just talking out of your ass.

From the article the kid had only lived there a year so neither he nor his friends know they lay of the land that well especially while drunk.

From the article the shooter says he fired a warning shot. If you were drunk thought you were home and someone fires a gun at you do you think you would continue up the stairs? That shooter is lying. He either shot on sight or the kid ducked or started to try to get away and then got shot. And remember the kid is drunk at 16 and someone who never drinks.

Also you should click on the link at r4. The shooter has some serious anger issues as well as sexual ones. That doesn't automatically make him guilty but it does draw into question his overall character.

by Anonymousreply 6203/20/2013

Interesting that you all are taking the shooters version of events as if they are true. Only him and the kid were there, he can say anything he wants. I just don't see how you keep walking toward someone who just fired a gun, warning you to stop. It was a drunk 16yr old kid who thought he was home. I would think he pee'd his pants and then tried to get away.

by Anonymousreply 6303/20/2013

Yes the info in R4's link is very upsetting. And is there a teenage step-daughter sleeping in the house? And this shooter has had cop visits because of how he treated her?

I think there's more to this story. I will post more as I see it. I posted the article above.

The Sheriff is former FBI so that helps I guess.

Yes I live fairly close to where this happened.

by Anonymousreply 6403/20/2013

Why is DL infested with so many Republicans this morning?

by Anonymousreply 6503/20/2013

It's a tragedy. I would never have a gun, but that home invasion in Cheshire, CT a few years ago made me consider it.

I don't know most of my neighbors. I live on a street with 5 houses on 2-acre lots. No one across the street or behind me. The people on one side drive cars with tinted windows and drive right into their garage, so I have no idea what they look like. I met the people on the other side when they moved in (I welcomed them, as no one in the neighborhood welcomed me when I moved in) use it as a summer house.

by Anonymousreply 6603/20/2013

We're all going by what's been reported. Whether the shooter is telling the truth or lying, or if the events didn't necessarily happen the way they were described in the article - that's another twenty dollars.

This is a gossip site and people can speculate all they want, but what was reported was very feasible.

There were witnesses for everything leading to the encounter, and police/ballistics can easily confirm the alarm and warning shot, making this a very sad situation where no one is to blame.

Accidents happen, and what caused this one, as in many other instances, was a teen's recklessness for which he certainly did not deserve paying with his life.

But every day people do stupid things that get them killed in many ways and it's just plain sad.

by Anonymousreply 6703/20/2013

Also the part, if that poster is correct, about the corner not letting the parents see the body yet and that he hasn't decided whether to press charges yet. Something ain't right. And again in reality what drunk kid would keep walking toward someone that just fired a gun, warning shot or at them?

by Anonymousreply 6803/20/2013

Yes 67 but none of those facts have been released regarding the warning shot or whether the kid was struck in front or in his back etc. All we have is a statement from the shooter and we have the information at r4 link which makes it clear the guy is prone to lying.

by Anonymousreply 6903/20/2013

Why are you assuming that the SHOOTER is telling the truth? After you now KNOW that he is a freeper fuckwad per r4's link.

by Anonymousreply 7003/20/2013

R66,

Having a dog is the next best thing.

by Anonymousreply 7103/20/2013

Get a Sheltie. They can hear canaries break wind in the next county over.

by Anonymousreply 7203/20/2013

The shooter "collects" guns. Has at least 10 of them.

by Anonymousreply 7303/20/2013

It's possible the kid was a mental case and the family is relieved he is dead. I remember reading an article about a family whose son was very unstable. He committed suicide and the family was relieved because he'd made life hell for the other children and the parents knew he would be getting in trouble his entire life and there was nowhere to commit him long term . He'd wind up being sent back to them for years.

by Anonymousreply 7403/20/2013

Kid was Black. Interestingly I can't find a pic of the homeowner. If he's white, watch out!

by Anonymousreply 7503/20/2013

R61, so four warnings (with no escalation of danger) then you deserve die?

You go ahead and live by that sword.

by Anonymousreply 7603/20/2013

His school reports he was a good kid. Never been in any trouble, played three varsity sports, well liked, always had a smile.

Loudoun County is run by a bunch of NRA lovers of guns, but the people here, not so much.

This is going to be interesting. I wish the national news would pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 7703/20/2013

Actually, the sheriff's department is saying that they don't know what the circumstances are. They are still investigating. They are investigating whether or not the shooter fired a warning shot, for one thing. So by saying you know for a fact that the guy gave 4 warnings -- you don't. You don't know shit. The police are still investigating the whole incident.

Conversely, maybe the kid was breaking in to steal. We don't know. We don't even know how drunk he was, or if he was drunk at all. It's all hearsay fom social networking sites at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7803/20/2013

"Apparently, after he was inside the home and the alarm had tripped, Gordley was making his way upstairs when he was confronted by the homeowner. [bold] The sheriff's office would not confirm reports and statements from people who claimed to have knowledge of the circumstances that the homeowner fired a “warning shot” before shooting Gordley, [/bold] with Chapman saying it was part of an ongoing investigation.

by Anonymousreply 7903/20/2013

"One of the reasons why I will never live in the US. Quite a hellhole."

I think everyone is America is glad you will never live in the U.S. You are quite an asshole. QUITE an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8003/20/2013

"In ERROR. He wasn't breaking in to rape and pillage. He thought it was his home."

Oh. So that makes it ok. NOT! So fucking what if "he thought it was his home." He BROKE IN to another person's home through a WINDOW. According to the the homeowner (and I believe him) he fired a warning shot and the stupid, drunken kid started going upstairs! Some stranger comes into your house and goes upstairs to do who knows what...no wonder the homeowner shot him. He was defending his home and his safety. His actions were completely justified.

by Anonymousreply 8103/20/2013

Sometimes I'm so embarrassed to be an American, surrounded by idiots with guns.

by Anonymousreply 8203/20/2013

Anyone who believes the dumb fuck ar R4 is an absolute moron. What PROOF does this idiot have that the "shooter" is the person "profiled" on a website called "DatingPsychos" where anybody can say anything about anybody. It's basically a fucking GOSSIP site! Anybody who would take the tales told on a site like that as gospel truth would have to be very stupid indeed.

by Anonymousreply 8303/20/2013

Was the shooter a "White-Hispanic"?

by Anonymousreply 8403/20/2013

"His school reports he was a good kid. Never been in any trouble, played three varsity sports, well liked, always had a smile."

He must have had some serious emotional problems if he found it necessary to sneak out of a window to go to a party and get shit-faced, stinking drunk, so plastered he didn't even know he was breaking into somebody else's house.

I'd like to know more about this party that he went to. Obviously liquor was being provided for him and his friends, in large quantities it would seem. Who supplied it? The police need to look into THAT. That's really where all the trouble started.

by Anonymousreply 8503/20/2013

[quote]He must have had some serious emotional problems if he found it necessary to sneak out of a window to go to a party and get shit-faced, stinking drunk, so plastered he didn't even know he was breaking into somebody else's house.

Oh, the hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 8603/20/2013

His friends who dropped him off helped him get through that window. He wanted to get back in without his parents finding out.

How many people here have raised teenage boys? This kind of behavior is not out of the ordinary for a 15 year old. Not in any way. Every parent thinks their kid wouldn't act that way and yet they do. The vast majority of them turn into fine human beings.

by Anonymousreply 8703/20/2013

So none of his friends had any idea where he lived either?

by Anonymousreply 8803/20/2013

[quote] So none of his friends had any idea where he lived either?

They were probably as drunk as he was.

by Anonymousreply 8903/20/2013

R83, The person on that link is named Donald West Wilder II and is a volunteer firefighter at the Sterling Fire Department. The same exact things as the shooter.

Do you really think there are two different men with the name Donald West Wilder II who both work as volunteer firefighters at the Sterling Fire department? I highly doubt it

by Anonymousreply 9003/20/2013

@65, you don't have have to be a Republican to use commonsense. Some of you are so delusional, it's pathetic. Of course, you are going to protect your family and yourself. Just a tragic situation.

by Anonymousreply 9103/20/2013

The woman claiming a bad dating experience with this man claims to have been pregnant by him and says he filed a restraining order after she called the police for his domestic violence. She also claims that he refused to help her with expenses for her pregnancy. These things should be easily verifiable if there are court papers. Have to say she sounds like an idiot, though. It could just be a former business associate or disgruntled client trying to smear him.

by Anonymousreply 9203/20/2013

Sheriff still investigating

by Anonymousreply 9303/20/2013

"The person on that link is named Donald West Wilder II and is a volunteer firefighter at the Sterling Fire Department. The same exact things as the shooter.

Do you really think there are two different men with the name Donald West Wilder II who both work as volunteer firefighters at the Sterling Fire department? I highly doubt it"

How do you know the outrageous accusations that are being made against him by some unknown internet nut are TRUE? You sure as hell don't! I think it's pretty stupid to believe things that come from sources like a crazy blog where anonymous weirdos try to outdo each other in grotesque tale-telling.

by Anonymousreply 9403/20/2013

Give it a fucking rest, r94.

The case will be closed shortly, because the homeowner had every right to protect himself from an intruder.

by Anonymousreply 9503/20/2013

This really, really sucks, and it's sad. And, the homeowner could not have been so quick to shoot, but that's his legal right.

It really is the kid's fault. So drunk he thought he was going into his own house, and then not leaving when the guy told him to.

What's really fucked up is that he guy had no idea who the kid was even though they lived basically next to each other.

by Anonymousreply 9603/20/2013

the kid was drugged up and high so he didnt' know WHAT house he was entering. drugs and guns don't mix.

by Anonymousreply 9703/21/2013

"played three varsity sports"

Yeah, that is proof of a well-adjusted teen.

by Anonymousreply 9803/21/2013

I don't believe for a second that the shooter fired a warning shot and told him to leave.

He saw the kid and he shot him. It's still somewhat defensible. His house - with a stranger in it, but I think he was afraid and fired upon sight.

The house is a shambles and obviously in a danger filled area. I'm sure everybody in the neighborhood is armed and ready to defend themselves.(NOT) I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the guy does have ten guns. Can't be too careful.

by Anonymousreply 9903/21/2013

Fuck off R81 and go shoot yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10003/21/2013

^^See what you do when a stranger breaks into your house, shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 10103/21/2013

r101/r81 is also a psychotic raving gun nut. He and his vile kind - like Donald West Wilder II - have a new light cast on them in the Times this week.

by Anonymousreply 10203/21/2013

I am all for an assault weapons ban and limitations on who can purchase guns and how many they can own. I believe there are far too many tragedies because of gun proliferation in this country.

But I have no problem with the outcome of this event. If I were in the same situation, I would have feared for my life.

by Anonymousreply 10403/21/2013

I agree, 104.

by Anonymousreply 10503/21/2013

[quote]I'm female and if some damn fool is breaking through my window in the middle of the night, he better identify himself real quick.

What does this have to do with your pussy?

by Anonymousreply 10703/21/2013

Weird story - I was on the train home from work (busy commuter train) and a schoolboy flopped down beside me.

He pressed his leg against mine and took up all the arm-rest. He then leaned against me as if he was going to sleep.

I did the usual British glare and "Excuse Me!!!" - before I realised it was my little brother...

by Anonymousreply 10803/21/2013

If the kid had a Glock this would never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 10903/21/2013

[quote] I am all for an assault weapons ban and limitations on who can purchase guns and how many they can own. I believe there are far too many tragedies because of gun proliferation in this country. But I have no problem with the outcome of this event. If I were in the same situation, I would have feared for my life.

Co-signed. And I still don't believe he was so drunk he didn't know it wasn't his house. Most likely he was planning a booty call with the teen daughter.

by Anonymousreply 11003/21/2013

Wow. (And they'll swear they aren't racist.)

by Anonymousreply 11103/21/2013

Apparently the inside of the house -involved with where he was - the staircase and even the carpet -were identical to his own home.

by Anonymousreply 11203/21/2013

1. The kid was 16. I don't know how you people were at 16 but kids at 16 do these kinds of stupid things because they're 16. A 16 year old is not a fully formed anything. A 16 year old's brain chemistry is wacked out beyond belief. In short, 16 year olds do stupid things.

2. The homeowner was in his right. The kid did break into his house but from that kid's picture he was clearly a kid.

At any point, did anyone fucking TURN ON A LIGHT SWITCH? He had enough time to give multiple warnings but no time to actually get a look at him?

He could see enough so that he could aim his gun but he couldn't see enough so that he could maim him and not kill him or even realize it was a child he was about to murder?

And yes, a lot of houses in areas like that all may look alike on the inside. Sometimes companies build them in groups and use the same specifications for each.

Hell at least once when I was in college and living in a series of similar homes did I go to the wrong home and I wasn't even drunk.

by Anonymousreply 11303/21/2013

He certainly had time to call 911, at least until the person made a threatening gesture.

by Anonymousreply 11403/21/2013

[quote] he couldn't see enough so that he could maim him and not kill him

Most people are lousy shots because they own guns, but rarely go to the range to practice. Aiming selectively (to maim, not kill; to inflict a flesh wound, not disembowel) is very difficult.

by Anonymousreply 11503/21/2013

He shot many times. Apparently one was a warning shot. Sheriff now saying the guy gave verbal warning but there's no proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 11603/21/2013

Sorry - forgot link

by Anonymousreply 11703/21/2013

I read this story in the Chicago trib the other day...

if the burgler alarm went off, then the cops were on the way and...

The man did run into the kid and fired a warning shot. Couldn't he recognize that the kid was drunk?

by Anonymousreply 11803/21/2013

Okay - so the kid was going up the stairs, the shooter was coming from the bedroom, and he shoots the kid in the rear back shoulder?

In the back? You've got to be kidding me.

by Anonymousreply 11903/21/2013

Again...this has more details

by Anonymousreply 12003/21/2013

Oh give me a fucking break r106. Who said anything about a violent racist and lily white daughter besides you? Or maybe the guy was worried about any person who seemed to be heading up to his daughter's room and that's why he shot. No guy would want any woman in their home to be raped or killed. Too bad that CT doctor didn't have a fucking gun.

by Anonymousreply 12103/21/2013

It's the return of the black female racist troll(r106).

Warming up for the Masters? Got your vile, racist, Lindsey Vonn rants ready to go?

by Anonymousreply 12203/21/2013

Kiss my ass R100 and go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12403/21/2013

"R101/R81 is also a psychotic raving gun nut. He and his vile kind - like Donald West Wilder II - have a new light cast on them in the Times this week."

I'd say you're the psycho, fucktard. Your fixation on "Donald West Wilder II (if that is indeed the shooter's name)" is pathological. You are quite the weirdo freak. Get some help.

And though it's none of your goddamn business, I've never owned a gun in my life.

by Anonymousreply 12503/21/2013

And... thread derailed.

by Anonymousreply 12603/21/2013

Dear Webbie,

I travel all over Europe and have access to literally hundreds of IP addresses.

Trying to ban or block me will only make it worse.

I am harmless.

Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12703/21/2013

Put down the vodka tonic, R128.

by Anonymousreply 12903/21/2013

Ironic. Last night, as I read this thread my front door opened. I went to see why it opened. No one was there.

by Anonymousreply 13003/21/2013

r130 Have you been reading the witch thread? Post it there, that is spooky.

by Anonymousreply 13103/21/2013

[quote]Put down the vodka tonic

More like put down the meth pipe.

by Anonymousreply 13203/21/2013

R121 & R122, wtf?

Way to fail Reading Comprehension 101, asswipes.

by Anonymousreply 13303/22/2013

Once again - why was the kid shot in the back?

by Anonymousreply 13403/23/2013

"Once again - why was the kid shot in the back?"

Who ever said he was shot in the back?

By the way, there was a recent article in the Washington Post that confirmed the homeowner gave the kid a verbal warning and fired a warning shot (or shots), which the drunk kid ignored. Despite the warning the drunk kid kept heading towards a bedroom, whereupon the homeowner shot him. It's a very simple case.

by Anonymousreply 13503/23/2013

Not quite such a simple case.

The shooter was a fucktard who had to shoot and kill a drunk neighbor kid to feel like a man.

You can just hear the bastard thumping his chest afterward and going "YEAH! Cuz I'm an 'Muricin!"

Poor fellow. Once his friends get tired of hearing him brag about it he'll have to go back to killing neighborhood pets that cross the property line into HIS yard.

by Anonymousreply 13603/23/2013

Drunks aren't always the safest people when confronted.

by Anonymousreply 13703/23/2013

Yes - the homeowner claims he warned the kid but there's really no way to prove it or disprove it. Unless there's a witness that someone heard it all but there's never been a report of that.

On Friday the local paper said that he was killed by a shot to his rear back shoulder. That's shot in the back, right.

The shooter shot several times.

How does a kid going up the stairs, shooter at the top of the stairs, get shot in the back?

The Sheriff keeps saying he's waiting for official pathology reports. But local politics here is so firmly pro gun, I don't think the Sheriff has much choice.

by Anonymousreply 13803/23/2013

R136 = psycho retard

by Anonymousreply 13903/23/2013

Guy was in his own house, minding his own damn business.

I'll do a little dance when he's finally cleared, r136.

by Anonymousreply 14003/23/2013

Hmmm, interesting detail in the Patch story: "After the teenager reportedly passed the homeowner in a hallway..."

by Anonymousreply 14103/23/2013

can I start dancing yet?

by Anonymousreply 14203/25/2013

Someone drunk and in a blackout could be completely oblivious to surroundings. Kid probably walked on to what he thought was his bedroom wanting to crash.

by Anonymousreply 14303/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.