Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Reading people

I'm finding I don't read people well initially. It takes me a few months for me to discover their neurosis and by then they feel bonded to me. Do people just hide it well or is there a trick to identifying people with mental disorders? I post this in all seriousness. What are signs to look for? Are crazy people attracted to a certain personality type that I happen to have? Do people get crazier with age?

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

Here's the deal: most everyone is crazy and hides it well or not so well. Those who hide it terribly are super-crazy and they're busy hiding the mega-craziness, which is why you see the rest of the crazy, which is mild compared to what they really are. You probably are crazy too.

And why would you bond with people you've only known a few months? That's asking for crazy.

by Anonymousreply 103/19/2013

Will you be my friend?

by Anonymousreply 203/19/2013

Personally, I read books.

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

Crazy attracts crazy.

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

My experience has been that those I instantly like and feel an affinity for are the ones that I end up wanting to choke. Those that are shy and take awhile to get to know or are less flashy than others are often the ones I end up liking. When I take a disliking to someone I try and find a way to reach out to them. By doing so I often end up liking them or at least nullify my feelings.

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!