Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Massachusetts Sheriff ‘Jokes’ That President Obama Should Be Shot

At a Massachusetts Republican Party St. Patrick’s Day breakfast Sunday, Plymouth County Sheriff Joseph D. McDonald, Jr. (R) “joked” that the nation would be better off if President Obama were assassinated.

Blue Mass Group reports that the Boston Globe noted the stunning comment Sunday:

McDonald offered a joke about Barack Obama being visited in a dream by three past presidents, who offered advice on how to improve the country. Lincoln’s advice: “Go to the theater.”

The alleged joke received “scattered laughter.”

McDonald, who was first elected Sheriff in 2004, notes on his website that he is an “avid sportsman and target shooter” and writes: “Plymouth County deserves the best in public safety, and I intend to continue to deliver.” Given the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabby Giffords in 2011 and the spate of mass shootings across the country, it is stunning that a top public safety officer would find this sort of “joke” appropriate.

A spokesman for McDonald did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

What the fuck is the matter with these crazy assholes? Can you imagine the uproar had a liberal suggested shooting all those fucked up Republican presidents?

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2013

Before I clicked on the link, I knew exactly what he would look like

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Assassination 'Joke' Sheriff Doubles Down, Compares Critics To Nazis

by Anonymousreply 303/19/2013

Those wingnuts just can't give up the Nazi comparisons. Takes one to know one I guess.

by Anonymousreply 403/19/2013

Since when did it become "OK" to even joke in a public setting about assassinating a sitting president?

by Anonymousreply 503/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

These Republicans are fucking insane and very violent and hateful. Anyone who considers themselves a Republican should be embarassed to call themselves one.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!