Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have at it boys: Hollywood's finally making a Rock Hudson biopic

Is this the role Armie Hammer was born to play?

by Anonymousreply 4205/15/2013

I wonder if they're going to show him in sexually explicit situations with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2013

Maybe they will finally explain why he never hooked up with Doris in real life. They had such great chemistry and all of her husbands were such creeps.

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Finally all of my research will come in handy!

by Anonymousreply 303/18/2013

Pssst, I heard he was gay!

by Anonymousreply 403/18/2013

They already made one!

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

Henry Willson = Kevin Spacey

Phyllis Gates = Julianne Hough

They can bring their real-life experiences into their performances!

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

You mock now, but you well know that the sexiest times will be between Rock and the little woman- they still don't show that homo stuff in mainstream movies.

by Anonymousreply 803/18/2013

Is there a part for me?

by Anonymousreply 903/18/2013

R8 is posting from 15 years ago.

Times have changed, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013

There was a TV biopic which featured a scene of the guy playing Rock hugging a guy in a swimming pool at night and during an interview Rock was asked about hosting private men only parties and Rock quickly changed the subject.

by Anonymousreply 1103/18/2013

Aside from the closet and the AIDS, his life and work and looks were not very interesting. I don't think that Hudson suffered from being closeted anywhere close to the way guys do now. He was kind of a special case, and was well protected and not too neurotic. Pretty happy guy until the big bite bit him.

It would be cool if they did a L.A. Confidential kind of spin on it, lots of flashbacks and forwards with debauched parties and Hollywood superstar events, pool boys and French hospitals. Movie stars that no one remembers and the desperation of impending death and the big lie revealed all at could be interesting.

It is more likely to be a chance for that failed superman actor to get another shot at approximating some other generic hunk's look in a linear biopic. I am sure James Franco will beg to play it, but he is just a little too weeny of a wiener to play Rock Hudson, but then again his current shit movie is #1.

Who will play Doris and Liz? These things never work out will be crap.

RIP Rock.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

"Who will play Doris and Liz? These things never work out will be crap"

I bet La Lohan will be begging to play Liz again!

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

For the reasons stated by r12, this would most likely be a much more interesting movie if it were about a Rock Hudson-like person than Rock Hudson himself. And btw also far easier to cast.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

As if this story needs to be some past biopic, the story of a gay actor masqueraded as straight to the masses and put in fake relationships just so they can lie to people about their heterosexuality is is sadly just as as real as it used to be. Almost worse now since actors today do have a real option where in Hudson's time you have more sympathy since society was way more homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

{quote]He was kind of a special case, and was well protected and not too neurotic. Pretty happy guy until the big bite bit him.

I remember reading some article about his closet life and at one point he decided to no longer have sex with guys and a couple of weeks later he called his manager begging him to send him some guy over. The manager complied and the guy he sent over was practically raped by Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

More importantly, who will play the macho Tony Randall?

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

I just don't believe he was heterosexual or bisexual. I met him a few times and attended parties at his house. I almost had sex with him but he wanted a top to fuck him and I was a bottom, I couldn't get hard with him. It made it worse that I had imagined HIM as a top and here he was on his back with his legs up in the air wanting me to fuck him. Rock Hudson begging me to fuck him - real downer.

A buddy of mine at the time was a famous friend of his and I'd go with him to these parties. I went three times.

I have met lots of guys in my time and Rock was really, really. gay. I just cannot imagine him with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

Heterosexual side, or imaginary side, R18?

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

It's the role that JON HAMM was born to play.

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

James Purefoy?

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

r3 rofl. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

Well he was with at least two women in his time, r19. Phyllis Gates and Marilyn Maxwell.

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

"As if this story needs to be some past biopic, the story of a gay actor masqueraded as straight to the masses and put in fake relationships just so they can lie to people about their heterosexuality is is sadly just as as real as it used to be"

You're wrong! This never happens anymore!

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2013

Rock is just the kind of guy I would love to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2703/20/2013

Cillian Murphy was born to play Liz Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 2803/20/2013

Us gays being exploited again by Hollywood!!!

by Anonymousreply 2903/21/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2013

Pope Francis will portray Jim Nabors, and donate his salary to victims of sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2013

She's all over him in that pic! Clingy clingster.

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2013

When will this movie happen, and who will play the part of Rock Hudson? It sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3305/11/2013

Jonathan Cake!

by Anonymousreply 3405/11/2013

why doesnt clooney do it? i cant fuckin stand clooney but i would still see it if he did it, maybe make him a little more interesting.. and how in the fuck does clooney have 4 oscar nominations?

by Anonymousreply 3505/11/2013

I agree with the earlier poster who asserts Rock wasn't maladjusted. There's simply no there there for a captivating screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 3605/11/2013

I already did this.

by Anonymousreply 3705/11/2013

Yeah r21, Armie is too pretty, Hudson was masculine.

Hamm is the only one who's redolent of the old 40s/50s movie stars (lets put aside Cary Grant lookalike Clooney) and has that classic handsomeness. He most reminds me of Dana Andrews who I saw in the gay subtext noir classic Laura with the fabulous Clifton Webb and stunning beauty Gene Tierney as the title character; well known film anyway.

Is Hamm hammier than Hammer though? This part would surely have some depth and complexity. I know he's been nominated for Emmys but some seem to think Jon can't act and only plays douches/himself. He can't be that bad if he was a drama teacher surely. Armie meanwhile really impressed me in his big roles TSN and J. Edgar.

I can no longer delay getting those Mad Men boxsets now. Despite being a fan of Hamm and his hambone I've yet to see the legendary Don Draper. All the individual episode threads of this and the new even more must see cool show du jour Game of Thrones really highlight that I have to catch up! :( I will be giving bias to Breaking Bad though.

by Anonymousreply 3805/15/2013

I have news flash for you R35......Clooney has won 2 Oscars (one for acting and one for producing)

by Anonymousreply 3905/15/2013

Biographical movies about big stars are easy to make. And people don't expect's a movie.

by Anonymousreply 4005/15/2013

I thought most people said Rock was a top? Guess he wanted to have some penis for that particular evening.

by Anonymousreply 4105/15/2013

Jon Hamm is actually a wonderful actor. He can do comedy (he was great on 30 Rock, as well his SNL stints) and he's fantastic as Don Draper (this season notwithstanding. It ain't his fault!). I think he'd be perfect for Rock. Plus, we'd get to see him making out with guys.

by Anonymousreply 4205/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!