Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Next Episode Of 'Girls' To Feature Lena Dunham Shitting Herself During Gyno Exam While Eating A Burrito

From "The Onion":

“When a naked Hannah dribbled hot sauce all over herself in front of the doctor, shit in every corner of the office, cried, became angry with the doctor, had sex with the doctor, finished her burrito, had sex with the doctor again, shit herself again, and then realized who she was really angry at and sexually attracted to was Adam, I just closed my eyes and said, ‘Thank you.’ These are real girls with real bodies doing things that real girls do."

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2013

I think The Onion understands the show better than anybody.

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2013

It's the Onion, so it's a parody, no?

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Parody demands familiarity with the subject.

by Anonymousreply 303/18/2013

You really thought that was real, R2?

by Anonymousreply 403/18/2013

OK, that's pretty funny.

I'm done with this show. I have the last two episodes on my DVR but I doubt I'll get around to watching them. If its true she's the voice of her generation, then her generation isn't worth my time. Hopefully they're a little more interesting (and ambitious) in real life..

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

I showed a friend this article and he said it's pretty on-target - in that satirical way, of course. But he said there was a scene with a Q-tip in a recent episode that he had to fast forward through. He didn't elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

Man that ugly fat bitch needs to go away.

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

Is it solid or runny?

by Anonymousreply 803/19/2013

Dungham must be reading DL, because one of the characters, the junkie guy she fucked a few episodes ago, called Hannah out during the season finale, using most of the verbiage posted here about her!

Dungham's such a self absorbed narcissist she is loving every minute of the public saying ANYTHING about her!

by Anonymousreply 903/19/2013

The season finale already aired? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

She's as much "the voice of her generation" as SATC was the literal "voice" of women in that age group while it was airing.

It's just a fucking overly hyped TV show, people.

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

I'm happy to say that I've never seen, nor ever will see, an episode of this over-hyped, over-praised TV show and the stubby potato-shaped woman.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

So season 2 is over... and absolutely nothing was resolved, really. Oh, the relationships that blew up came back together and the one that came together blew up. All at the same time. So trite. Meanwhile, no growth or progress or resolution in the main character at all.

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

r7. creep.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

R7 is not a creep, R14. He/she is absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

r7 is a creep because he is defending the Steubenville rapists on the rape threads.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

I didn't get the DL lampooning of this Dunham chick until I finally saw a few episodes of Girls over the last couple of weeks.

I'm a 41 year old gay guy so I realize it isn't really exactly made for me, but that aside, it is incredibly, gratuitously gross and silly. We get it, you're supposed to be "frumpy' and not a dainty girl, but it just goes so far over the edge, and in a stupid way, not the 'edgy' way she's hoping it does.

Then again, she's a young woman who's being told she's "brilliant" so, I can't blame it all on her.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

Has she jumped the shark? Is the backlash happening anywhere but here (oh, and The Onion, of course)?

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

[quote]I'm happy to say that I've never seen, nor ever will see, an episode of this over-hyped, over-praised TV show and the stubby potato-shaped woman.

Taking pride in judging something you admit to never even watching? Weird. How can you claim something is over-praised if you've never even watched it? Weirder.

I like the show but that finale was a bit too silly for my taste. It bordered on parody. I don't know how it made it to air. Someone should have stopped it.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

[quote]Someone should have stopped it.

Someone should have stopped this twat from ever getting a show.

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

R19, I've seen clips of the show and I see this stubbly potato woman doing things and the world around her is dumb and she lands a hot guy and whines and whines.

I don't find Lena herself obnoxious; her awards show speeches are endearing.

And most people who are jealous of her need to write their own series and try to get them on the air.

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

Agreed R19, I kept hearing that music from Crocodile Dundee (the song playing when Mick stepped on people's heads in the subway) when Adam was running shirtless thro streets. "Oooh he almost got run over by a car, that perfectly bookends when he got hit by a car before, how deep!"

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

It had promise to start. It must have, or I wouldn't have continued watching.

There were some great moments this season.

Buried in with all the self-involved pretentious self-conscious crap.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

R21, most people don't have her privilege or connections. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

SATC was at least a genuine hit. As nauseating as I found it to be, a lot of people watched it and were genuine fans of the show. There was a real love for it.

To me, Girls just seems like it's being crammed down people's throats by Hollywood. The public opinion seems to be a lot different from the Hollywood hype. It doesn't seem like a lot of people really like it. At best, it's funny but still overrated.

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

The ratings do not match the praise for the show.

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2013

As far as character and occasional flashes of genius writing, this show is far superior to SATC. Which was C*R*A*P.

by Anonymousreply 2703/19/2013

What is the deal with the critics trying to shove Girls praise down everyone's throat while simultaneously trying to convince the public that it is offended and outraged by the Oscars and Seth McFarlane?

The public opinion is the direct opposite of these two crusades that Hollywood has been on, and the critics seem flat out hell-bent on refusing to acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2013

loved it, now don't. this season was uneven, and the guest stars felt like stunt casting. i like a mean-spirited comedy, and i think "veep" is done really well. but "girls" became gross to me when lena, in an ocd frenzy, was sliding across the floor in her panties with her legs spread and then cut to a close-up of a sticker in her fat leg. it's just marinating in unpleasantness. ugly things for sport. and the chest cum-shot was too much. ugly ugly ugly. these people are gross and i don't care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.