Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cancer Treatment Centers of America: Owned And Run by Koch Brothers

...and the whole FreedomWorks crowd.

Was inspired by the thread on Peggy, the Pancreatic Cancer survivor. Interesting expose by NBC news below.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

Yes, this is why they are so afraid of the affordable health care act and eventual universal health care. They won't be able to play insurance games of huge billing, and overpricing.

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2013

Where in the article does it say they are owned by the Koch Bros?

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Wow, are they really Koch?

by Anonymousreply 303/18/2013

The article mentions FreedomWorks a couple of times. FreedomWorks is basically funded by the Koch Brothers, if you didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

Is FreedomWorks an owner? I thought FreedomWorks was a PAC?

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

Robert J. Stephenson, who's just like the Kochs, is the the founder and owner.

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

It's sad how trolls like R9 reveal not only their low intelligence, but what must be stupidity caused by lack of higher education. Go away little boy. The grown ups are trying to have a discussion.

by Anonymousreply 1003/19/2013

Cancer Treatment Centers are a CROCK of shit and I detest them. Of course, I am happy for the people they have helped.

Basically, if you have cancer, they will only accept you if it's a cancer they are easily able to treat because they want to preserve their bs '99% success rate,' or whatever it is. So yes, they do help people, but only a TINY number of people that come to them seeking treatment, based on their bs commercials.

by Anonymousreply 1103/19/2013

Thanks R11, I've always wondered about them, i see their ads all the time on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

Oh yeah r12. That's why we all know who Peggy is, she seemed to be one of their only success stories until they were able to find maybe 6 more in the 6 years I have been seeing their commercials. It's like ambulance chasing attorney commercials who promise that you don't have to pay if you don't win. They can make that guarantee because they won't take your case unless they are 98% positive you have one.

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

So, OP was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

Who is this 'mo troll who shows up in the wee hours of the morning?

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

Why is it that r9 is a troll, but r8 and the whole devoted to r8 type bullshit, is not trolling?

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

A woman I know in Northeastern Pennsylvania took her husband to CCA in Phildelphia. By the time he got to local MD for diagnosis he was too far along for CCA to treat him. They are selective on cases they take. Died at home with hospice.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

R11, did you even read what you wrote? Why would they accept someone with cancer they couldn't treat?

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

R17, that's better than a coworker of mine, who was poisoned by chemo, had a botched surgery where the hospital kept everyone in the dark afterwards and who died after a doctor at another hospital sent her to hospice when he opened her up for a routine procedure related to her recovery and realized something was very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

I think this article should become a series where they look wider like some network did with NPR on coroners and death certificates in various states. There is a lot of this fighting for insurance, subjecting week and helpless patients to chemo their bodies cannot stand and other reprehensible practices. Cancer is big bucks for hospitals, cynical doctors and big pharma.

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

I agree the CTC are nearly a fraud and their ads are misleading in the extreme- but the so is the heading of this thread. While the owner of CTC may be a member of the Freedom Works PAC, there is nothing in the article to state that the Koch bros own and operate CTC or that Freedom Works does. I too loath the efforts on the right of the Koch bros- but I also think posters should read the articles that they post.

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

They are a private, for-profit business. Know this upfront and don't be shocked when they don't accept everyone. We live in a free market capitalistic society.

I'm sure they do a lot of good for people and they also shun others. Isn't that what all for-profit enterprizes do????

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

[quote]did you even read what you wrote? Why would they accept someone with cancer they couldn't treat?

Reading is fundmental dear. R11 said EASILY TREAT. There are some cancers that can be treated successfully, but not easily. An early stage cervical cancer can be treated quickly and successfully.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.