Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who are all these women who are surrogating for the A list-Gays

Where do they find them? Do you have to send them Christmas cards? What if the mother gets stretch marks? Can she sue?

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 809/16/2013

One's attorney finds them. And one does not have to send Christmas cards, although generally it is agreed that there will be that (and ONLY that) contact after the delivery of the child(ren).

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 103/18/2013

Society girls, mostly. They don't do it for the money but because it's so trendy and so much fun.

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 203/18/2013

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 304/08/2013

You have to have an ironclad contract

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 404/08/2013

Ooh, I LIKE ironclad contact!

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 504/10/2013

Is Simon Cowell going to marry his?

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 609/16/2013

There are professional agencies that work along with the client's attorneys. The agencies screen the surrogates very thoroughly. Any agreement of confidentiality is between the agency and the attorneys. The surrogate has no legal rights to the baby once it's born unless the parents grant it and that has to be predetermined. It's actually quite a complex process.

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 709/16/2013

R7, you write with confidence, but without accuracy. A confidentiality agreement between the agency and the attorney would not be binding on the woman who carries the kids, who is usually a gestational carrier rather than a surrogate, since the eggs usually come from another woman. Surrogate mothers do have rights in some states, regardless of contracts to the contrary. Gestational carriers have fewer rights and have rights in fewer jurisdictions.

And, alas, even the best agencies do not vet their candidates all that well.

I speak as both an attorney and a veteran of the process. Ooh -- does that make me A-list? Well, maybe not in and of itself.

by David Burtka Patrick Harrisreply 809/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.