Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steubenville Rape Case Photos

Did they actually leak onto the web? Is that how Anonymous found out? I saw that Instagram pic of them holding the drunk girl by the arms and legs at the party. I just read the text message transcripts from the trial. I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about the case.

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2013

I think one of them came on her chest, and one may have urinated on her.

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Digital penetration, which was filmed, is rape.

by Anonymousreply 403/18/2013

R1 is truly a moron.

Yes, unwanted digital penetration is still rape.

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

Oh R1, I wish I was as ignorant as you and didn't know about various horrific objects used in rapes. Suffice to say, it's not a matter of quibbling about what gets put into the orifice to qualify as 'rape' in your eyes, it's about the fact that a person had something jammed in a vagina or anus without consent.

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

The definition of rape is intercourse. Under the law, I have no idea. I also don't know the full extent of what they did.

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

Get a load of those losers. It's the only way they could get sum....

by Anonymousreply 803/18/2013

[quote] it's about the fact that a person had something jammed in a vagina or anus without consent.

Or a mouth

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013

No one was at a frat party, dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

I can't play videos at work, anyone have links to pictures?

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

Any flip-flops pics of the hot white one?

by Anonymousreply 1403/20/2013

Why are you all so fucking stupid? It was not just rape, it was hours of appalling violation, a dehumanizing attack. Here (from the linked NEW STATESMAN article):

"It lasted for hours. The pictures circulated online show the unconscious teenage girl hung like a shot steer between two laughing young men, Trent Mays and Ma'lik Richmond, who were convicted this week of driving her from party to party, raping her, assaulting her, and filming themselves doing so. Videos from the night include an extended tape of a friend of the attackers in drunken spasms of joy about just how ‘dead’ the girl looked as she was handed around. 'She’s deader than OJ’s wife!' he giggles to himself as his mates film him. It was sadistic young men like this with whom the mainstream media expressed immediate sympathy following the guilty verdict."

by Anonymousreply 1503/20/2013

Yes, yes, boys. Of course it's hilarious that a mere woman was sexually assaulted and publicly humiliated over an extended period of time but a couple of assholes.

But don't act like it wasn't rape and don't think your humanity will bear too many acid burns from such humor.

Assuming you want to remain human.

by Anonymousreply 1603/20/2013

Yes it was rape.

by Anonymousreply 1703/20/2013

[quote]Trent Mays and Ma'lik Richmond, who were convicted this week of driving her from party to party,

I didn't read about this part. They were lucky to not get charged with kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 1903/20/2013

[quote]The definition of rape is intercourse.

You may wish to consult a dictionary. Any dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 2003/20/2013

Or the legal codes of the 50 states.

by Anonymousreply 2103/20/2013

Anyway, this thread has gotten sidetracked. I'm interested in the OP's question, as well. How did Anonymous get the photos and publicize the case?

by Anonymousreply 2203/20/2013

I believe the rapists posted them online. They were proud of their work.

by Anonymousreply 2303/20/2013

I believe Anonymous hacked into Facebook and email accounts of some of the perps and perhaps their cell phones as well.

by Anonymousreply 2503/20/2013

What would you know about man-bashing, R24? You're a limp-wristed pansy.

by Anonymousreply 2603/20/2013

R24 please point out the man bashing.

by Anonymousreply 2703/20/2013

I happen to know one of the defense attorneys on this case. He chalked it up to "immature minds" and "boys will be boys."

by Anonymousreply 2803/20/2013

Anyone have the pictures to share?

by Anonymousreply 2903/20/2013

So it's about penetration.

But if she was penetrated with a penis, and impregnated while she was unconscious, and she didn't want a baby, the state would (if GOP lawmakers have their way) order a transvaginal probe to penetrate her so she could see the little zygote she might want to expel.

Guess it's like the old song by The Fixx: One rape leads to another.

by Anonymousreply 3003/20/2013

I wonder if she was drugged as well? It is very scary to think how drunk she was that she could not move for that long of a time while being physically violated.

by Anonymousreply 3103/20/2013

I read that she was roofied. She was set up by boys who wanted revenge on her because she had broken up with one of them.

by Anonymousreply 3203/20/2013

There are a couple of high school wrestling vids of the white rapist (Trent Mays) available online.

by Anonymousreply 3303/20/2013

You won't be able to find them because they are all underage.

by Anonymousreply 3403/20/2013

Yes, R32, apparently her former boyfriend, Cody Saltsman, set up the whole thing to get back at her, saying via text, "Nobody breaks up with Cody Saltsman!"

Trent Mays later whined in a text that he was about to get in deep trouble for doing his friend a "favor," referring to raping the drugged girl.

Cody Saltsman and his parents began to sue the blogger who captured screen shots of all the deleted texts for defamation of character. They dropped the case, presumably because Cody Saltsman decided he didn't want the evidence the blogger had at her disposal to be heard in open court.

by Anonymousreply 3503/20/2013

I'm too lazy to look it up right now but most modern criminal codes distinguish levels of sexual abuse. Digital penetration is a lesser degree of sexual abuse in my jurisdiction.

So to paraphrase Whoopi - rape isn't always RAPE.

Still pretty awful. The circumstances seem like they would qualify as serious aggravating circumstances as well.

by Anonymousreply 3603/20/2013

R36 Law in Ohio:

Rape is a sexual assault that includes but is not limited to forced vaginal, anal, and oral penetration. Rape is a violent act. It is not sex or passion. Its purpose is to control, humiliate, and intimidate a victim through the use of force. The rapist's force can be physical or verbal and can occur without use of weapons. Different kinds of rape include acquaintance rape, date rape, marital rape, child molestation, and stranger rape. The Ohio Revised Code (ORC) #2907.02 defines rape in the following manner: "No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another when the offender purposely compels the other person to submit by force or threat of force, the offender substantially impairs the other person's judgment or control by administering any drug or intoxicant to the other person, surreptitiously or by force, threat of force or deception, or when the other person is less than 13 years of age" (codes.ohio.gov).

So yes, digital penetration IS rape.

by Anonymousreply 3703/20/2013

R36 What is the criminal code for urolagnia?

by Anonymousreply 3803/20/2013

The boys completely deserved their punishment, which actually wasn't that bad, all things considered (2 years in juvenile for one, 1 year for the other, though they could be held until they're 21.)

The girl is still a trashy drunk, but I guess that's besides the point. Her mom's post-trial statement was pretty lame - her daughter is more than this, she's going to move on and blossom. She'll be drunk off her ass again in no time.

What about the coach, and also the assistant coach who hosted the party. Sports were important where I grew up, but not to this extent, where literally everyone is super-invested in the high school teams. That's so fucking lame.

by Anonymousreply 3903/20/2013

R40, you are probably correct about the girl getting drunk again soon. But it will never be tolerable for anyone to rape her or to rape anyone else merely because that person is drunk and/or unconscious.

by Anonymousreply 4103/20/2013

You weren't fucking there. Nobody knows what really went down.

by Anonymousreply 4203/20/2013

I completely agree, R41. She didn't deserve any of this, no matter how drunk she was, or how many times she's been drunk in the past. I was pointing out that with her history of drinking, she's hardly out of the woods in terms of potential trouble, as her mom seems to think she's really an angel.

by Anonymousreply 4303/20/2013

The girl is not a trashy drunk, she was set up and roofied for fuck sake.

by Anonymousreply 4403/20/2013

Actually, she was a trashy drunk. Her friends commented on her history of binge drinking. "On Point" on NPR recently had a segment about Stuebenville and this was mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 4503/20/2013

Just an FYI, in NY State rape is limited to vaginal sex. The reasoning seems to be that juries do not consider anything that does not involve a penis and a vagina to be rape;so, the courts often do not get convictions for rape for any other kind of sexual assault. Sexual Assault has the same penalties as rape, but women's advocates argue that women need the closure of being able to say raped rather than than the more ambiguous "sexual assault". The was a bill in the state senate to change the definition of rape, but last I heard it was stalled.

And, no I don't understand why the juries simply don't follow the judges instructions.

by Anonymousreply 4603/20/2013

I don't see anything remotely resembling "man-bashing," but I do see the usual woman-bashing. Referring to a rape victim as a cunt? Is that supposed to be witty and edgy?

by Anonymousreply 4703/20/2013

R42 yes but there are photos and videos.

by Anonymousreply 4803/20/2013

R45 liking to drink does not justify being kidnapped and rape no more than it justifies being shot.

by Anonymousreply 4903/20/2013

[quote]They were hot, what was she doing at a frat party if she didn't want to get down? Idiot!

Sure, anybody who goes to a party is just asking to be raped, you shithead.

[quote]More man bashing. So not surprised.

Scumbag men being punished for rape is just the hight of unjustice, yes.

R40/R42 reads like some closeted jock trying to suppress his gayness by sticking up his "bros".

So much human filth on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5003/20/2013

Is it okay to rape drunks? What about internet attention trolls?

by Anonymousreply 5103/20/2013

R37, most of what you posted sounds like legislative history rather than specific code sections.

by Anonymousreply 5203/20/2013

If true, so the fuck WHAT r46.

Take a guess at how many dl posters are trashy binge drinkers.

Take a guess at how many college students, male and female, are trashy binge drinkers.

Last time I was at a bar a passed out guy was getting beers cans stacked on his head, but no one tried to ram a pool stick up his ass or stick a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 5303/20/2013

[quote]liking to drink does not justify being kidnapped and rape no more than it justifies being shot.

I never said it did.

by Anonymousreply 5403/20/2013

make that r45

by Anonymousreply 5503/20/2013

So this happened in my town.

by Anonymousreply 5603/20/2013

And this was the upshot.

by Anonymousreply 5703/20/2013

Amen to r53, that is the extent of nonsense one should expect when passed out in a public place. I cannot believe that in 2013 this behavior is seen as anything as animalistic.

by Anonymousreply 5803/20/2013

"More man bashing. So not surprised"

Don't act like an uncivilized human being and no one will hold you accountable for your actions.

"Accountability" or "man bashing", as losers like to call it.

by Anonymousreply 5903/21/2013

R29, ask one more time for the underaged rape pics. I think it only takes 3x before Anonymous comes after YOU next.

by Anonymousreply 6003/21/2013

R56, I recall that story. That was a big story in Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 6103/21/2013

I didn't realize that the boys set her up as retaliation for their friend. Under these circumstances, I wonder why they weren't charged kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 6203/21/2013

They also could have been charged with conspiracy to commit rape. Those boys got off very, very, easy.

by Anonymousreply 6303/21/2013

Does anyone know if there were any consequences for the coach who had the party at his home and the other one who told the perpetrator that he had his back? The former was serving alcohol to minors in his home I take it?

by Anonymousreply 6403/21/2013

So the prosecutor is going to call a grand jury to investigate a lot of the other aspects of the case we've discussed (giving alcohol to a minor. Hopefully, the coaches won't be off the hook

What DeWine also saw though, were myriad unresolved issues surrounding the case, including reasonable questions coming from the people of Steubenville.

Where did underage kids get the alcohol? Were others involved in some way? Was there a resistance by local authorities to investigate a case involving players from the high-profile Steubenville High Big Red football program? "The further we got into it, I said, ‘We need a separate investigation,'" DeWine told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

So DeWine called the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and told the organization that the Steubenville rape case was going to need a second investigation, eventually with a special grand jury called, even if it didn't lead to the prosecution of anyone. The goal was simply to determine the truth of what went on August 11-12, 2012.

by Anonymousreply 6503/21/2013

Will they be sex offenders for life?

I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2013

she should've just gotten into it, they're both hot!

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

I stand corrected on the law in my jurisdiction. It differentiates in terms of "sexual act" and " sexual contact" - it doesn't matter what is used to effectuate the act. Obviously an "act" is a higher level offense than a "contact". First degree sexual assault would be by force, use of weapon, threat or disabling the victim, i.e. unable to give consent. If they found her disabled and did not cause it (e.g., by drugging her) then that would be second degree sexual assault - up to 20 years incarceration. Though it's a bit more complicated that's essentially it.

What I don't understand is why this was not a sealed proceeding. It seems they were tried as juveniles and as such it was a bench trial (no jury - just a judge as trier of law and fact). The entire purpose of the juvenile justice system is to ascertain "involvement" aka guilt and rehabilitate/punish the respondents (juvenile term for defendants) in a way that allows them to return to society without the stigma of a crime on their public records and name.

In this case the case was as public as it could get thereby defeating the entire purpose of the juvenile system.

So if they are denied the benefits of the system then they should have been afforded a jury trial where they might have stood a better chance at a more favorable verdict - no way that judge was a better choice than a jury. There must be more than it appears - perhaps they had the option of a jury trial and opted for a bench trial. Maybe someone else knows about this.

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.