Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So is Joy Behar dying?

Why'd the bitch quit?

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

She's an original View broad. It's been 16 years. She wants to do something different. Love Joy.

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2013

If only!

by Anonymousreply 203/18/2013

Maybe she wanted to follow the Pope's lead?

by Anonymousreply 303/18/2013

How long can a person sit at the same table with someone as stupid as Elisabeth before they snap? I think Joy's a saint. I would have snapped long ago.

by Anonymousreply 403/18/2013

A blind item right around the time she announced her departure was that she was the one who revealed that Frank Langella had shingles and Babs caught her Chicken Pox from him. Babs believed it as a huge betrayal and had her canned.

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

Joy has made her millions...and has dealt with Elizabeth and Sheree long enough. Even boring Whoopi is more than Joy should have to endure.

The dames of The View need to be offering some stimulating conversation--but Joy is the only one with anything worthwhile to say.

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

NY Post article today (yes, I know) says Joy was fired (i.e. her contract wasn't renewed) just the same as Elisabeth. Each of them were to say they were leaving on their own terms and the announcements were to be timed separately. But when Joy announced she was leaving, someone leaked that Elisabeth was fired, too, forcing Barbara to say that Elisabeth was staying.

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

link r7?

by Anonymousreply 803/18/2013

Here you go, R8.

by Anonymousreply 903/18/2013

Elisabeth Hasselbeck “is toast” on ABC’s “The View,” sources tell us, despite show doyenne Barbara Walters insisting the conservative blonde isn’t getting fired.

Rumors swirling that Hasselbeck was on her way out forced Walters to say last Monday, “We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show.” But a source tells us, “ABC is desperate to freshen the show. Ratings are going soft, and research numbers on the stars’ likability are scaring network execs.

“Dumping Joy Behar, who was there 16 years, and Hasselbeck would be the fastest way to do it, they decided. After giving Behar the bad news last week and letting her bow out gracefully, someone leaked the Hasselbeck thing. Some enemies she has on the show saw their chance to get back at her. Barbara was spitting mad that it got mishandled, and called off the firing over [last] weekend.”

While we heard Hasselbeck would go when her contract is up next year, the source added, “It could be earlier, because the ABC brass believes the show needs to be younged-up fast. They easily could coax her to go early.”

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013

I think Behar has a deal somewhere else....I'm anticipating an announcement once Current TV goes off the air and she is no longer under contract to them.

by Anonymousreply 1103/18/2013

[quote] So is Joy Behar dying?

Yes. She and her lover Li'l Wayne have a mutual suicide pact.

by Anonymousreply 1203/18/2013

Damn, Elizabeth looks like Britney in that picture in the NY Post

by Anonymousreply 1303/18/2013

I think Behar got canned for various reasons and to avoid the bad press, the producers floated the false item that Hasselbeck just happened to be going too- so it wouldn't look like "we fired the liberal".

I think Babs is a closet Repug, conservative and homophobe. Miss Perfect still smarting from having been duped by a gay suitor (Roy Cohn). She's like that; holds a grudge forever.

Hasselbeck will stay. Behar will not.

by Anonymousreply 1403/19/2013

I hear she is going to undergo gender reassignment.

by Anonymousreply 1503/19/2013

I will miss Hasselbeck like I miss scabies.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

I don't think Behar was fired....Walters seemed genuinely troubled/miffed by the anniuncement same way she acted when Merideth Viera left. Joy has a CNN show premiering in the fall I'll bet.

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

I don't get that Current channel so I hope she gets a new show. I used to like her old show on HLN. I wish somebody would go off like Star did when she left...

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

I'm no fan of Barbara but she's no repug. If she were she wouldn't have chosen articulate lefties like Joy, Lisa Ling and Meredith Viera to sit at the table with her and then chosen someone dumber than hair like Elizabeth to represent the right. By the way Joy, Lisa and Meredith are the only 3 panelists she has ever really liked. She thinks Whoopi is vulgar and she barely contain her contempt for Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.