Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you ever been happy of someone's death?

Just got off the phone with a relative and was talking to her and she told me delightfully that someone she didn't like died. I was so shocked that someone could be happy of another person's death. I mean they are DEAD for christ's sake. Whatever happened to not speaking ill of the dead.

by Anonymousreply 7503/21/2013

There is no respect for anyone anymore. Even the dead are not safe from assholism.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

I can't say I would be happy but I can honestly say there are a handful of people who if I learned they were dead I wouldn't be sorry, either.

There are some rotten people out there. Maybe they're not rotten to everybody, maybe they are. But the reaction we earn to our deaths is entirely of our own making. Unless your friend is rotten to the core I expect her reaction was earned honestly, even if it is a bit off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

When Rev. Jerry Falwell died, I was happy.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

I was relieved when my ex died. I wasn't happy, but after he had tried to rape me, held a knife to himself threatening to kill himself if I didn't do what he wanted, told me that it wasn't AIDS killing him, but me. After that, although I know he was going through some fucked up shit, he had in turn fucked me up. At the time he died, I was nothing, just empty and destroyed. We hadn't been in touch for a few months, but having cut loose, I just felt the relief more than the sadness and loss.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

IN the 80s in the French Quarter of New Orleans, I used to be a bartender. When the owner of the bar died of a heart attack, we let everyone drink free for 10 minutes. He was wildly despised. It was a real good day for tips, too.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

Yes and if I live long enough, I'll probably be thankful again.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

I imagine I'll feel pretty good when Scalia croaks, assuming he's still on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

I celebrated when Atwell died but I wanted Reagan to live for another 20 years, he needed to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

Yes, once I was acquainted with a woman whose husband had been suffering from Alzheimer's dementia. I was happy for her that it was over for both of them, but I didn't put it that way to her.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

Almost, but I ended up celebrating nothing more than an extended stay in the hospital. Too bad Party Pieces doesn't offer refunds!

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

I had an uncle, when i was a kid, that always called me names .... "sissy", "you're part girl".... You get the drift. When I was about thirteen years old, this uncle died, unexpectedly. Yeah, I was a little bit happy. I've never admitted it though...

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

Of course. Horrible people die all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

Yes,my junior high gym teacher. I think about dancing on his grave...

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

I have some old bosses who did me wrong and I will certainly not be sad when they die.

As a matter of fact I am anticipating that I will feel good for the rest the day when I hear the news.

: )

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

I was happy when Nixon died.

And several very sick people whose suffering was finally relieved by death.

If I live to see it, I'll be happy when a judge I know dies because he's such a disgrace to the bench & has abused his power so badly, doing so much harm to so many people, & will continue forever if he can. Just as I'd be happy to see Scalia & Clarence Thomas die, if that's what it takes to get them off the bench & stop them from wreaking further damage.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

Gotta say, I was happy when Billy Mays croaked out. That loud OxyClean fucker irritated me to no end. Glad he's gone and off my television forever.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

Sam Kinison's death.

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013

R14 Yep, 2 bosses here and I would be happy if they were both long and painful deaths.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2013

Oh, yes indeed!

by Anonymousreply 1903/18/2013

I had a boss once and I thought someone said he had died...I was thrilled, then I realized I had heard wrong. Maybe someone will be glad when I die? I really don't know.

by Anonymousreply 2003/18/2013

I would be thrilled if Antonin Scalia died. Thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 2103/18/2013

If Sarah Palin was in train A heading to NYC from LA and Ann Coulter was in train B, heading from LA to NYC and their traind collided on the track and led to a fiery death for both, I'd probably smirk.

by Anonymousreply 2203/18/2013

[quote]There is no respect for anyone anymore. Even the dead are not safe from assholism.

Well assholes die, too.

by Anonymousreply 2303/18/2013

I think "speaking ill of the dead" is a silly notion. If you hated them when they were alive, why should their passing change anything? Getting all warm and teary over a dead person you couldn't stand strikes me as hypoocritical.

by Anonymousreply 2403/18/2013

R21, I'll join you. I have an expensive bottle of wine waiting for Scalia's demise.

by Anonymousreply 2503/18/2013

Aside from those suffering at the end of life or with a debilitating disease or injury, no.

by Anonymousreply 2603/18/2013

Waiting on Pat Robertson, Cheney. Donald Trump, though he is of lesser concern.

by Anonymousreply 2703/18/2013

I am thrilled by every religious person. They are all rotting as the rest of us will, one day. I just enjoy watching these wretches bight the dust.

by Anonymousreply 2803/18/2013

"Happy OF someone's death"? Not sure what it means, but I am pleased that my brother is dead. Not happy about the death itself, but liberated by his absence.

by Anonymousreply 2903/18/2013

Yes...my father

by Anonymousreply 3003/18/2013

When I got the call that my dad died my first thought was, good he can't cheat on my mom anymore.

Didn't go to the funeral. It's almost ten years exactly and I don't miss him. I've never cried over it and never will.

by Anonymousreply 3103/18/2013

Barbara Brasher Olson (sp). Her death was the only good thing tnat came out of 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 3203/18/2013

So true R32, if she really is dead...I sure hope she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 3303/18/2013

I would throw a party if Scalia died. That would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 3403/18/2013

YES!

by Anonymousreply 3503/18/2013

OP, Hello, have you read DL?

by Anonymousreply 3603/18/2013

This respect for the dead bullshit is overrated. When people are such assholes when they're alive, so much the better when they die.

I rejoiced when Jesse Helms died - and was even more thrilled that he died such a painful and miserable death.

by Anonymousreply 3703/18/2013

I wish I hadn't gone home for my father's funeral. He was truly hateful to me. I didn't see him, and barely spoke to him, for the last eight years of his life. I wish I hadn't dignified his existence by being present for his last rites.

by Anonymousreply 3803/18/2013

Scalia, and the sooner the better.

Also, Pat Robertson but he has already lived a long life so I'll get little pleasure out of it.

I wish G. W. Bush died before he became president but will be happy when he dies so he can no longer raise money for the Republican party.

Karl Fucking Rove.

by Anonymousreply 3903/18/2013

R38 You don't really go to a funeral for the dead. You go to support your other family members that you do like.

by Anonymousreply 4003/18/2013

R40, you're just doubling down on my reason not to have gone.

by Anonymousreply 4103/18/2013

R41 Oh sorry. Would it have helped to send the most hideous floral arrangement possible. Or perhaps you could have sent them a card showing that you had your father converted to a Mormon after he died.

by Anonymousreply 4203/18/2013

Why are you being such a bitch, R40 R42? Why do you care so much about something I wish I hadn't done?

by Anonymousreply 4303/18/2013

R43 Sorry. I won't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 4403/18/2013

I'd be really happy right now if my room mate was dead.

by Anonymousreply 4503/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 4603/18/2013

Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 4703/18/2013

I said this once about someone I had worked with. He was an asshole, chasing women employees around his office, putting his hand on their thighs in staff meetings, whining about programs we put in place to help him out. He looked like an ugly Chuck Berry. I figured his nasty life caught up with him.

That was 20 years ago, though. I likely wouldn't say that about anyone today.

by Anonymousreply 4803/18/2013

My mom and aunts had a stepfather who used to have sex with them all the time when they were children and threaten them with a gun if they told anybody.

In late 1999, he "bled to death" from thyroid cancer. My aunts were overjoyed and had a get together and celebration.

by Anonymousreply 4903/18/2013

I'll be happy when my father dies. He's a really nasty man (child beater etc.) I cut him out of my life when I was 19 and now at 43, it's one of the best decisions I ever made. Once he's dead it will close that chapter for ever.

by Anonymousreply 5003/18/2013

Fat Irishman I used to work under with the worst bad breath in the universe who would cough in my face. His halitosis would get in my hair and all over my face. He truly hated me and once predicted I would end up working for a "hair dressing school" or "dress designing academy"! We were in the really serious business of law school admissions.

He had a heart attack in the shower early one AM and fell over backwards and cracked his head open. Bye, Fatso. You really stank! I wonder if he had that final shit in the bathtub as the water rose up, up and up.

by Anonymousreply 5103/18/2013

[quote]My mom and aunts had a stepfather who used to have sex with them all the time when they were children and threaten them with a gun if they told anybody.

He didn't "have sex" with them. He raped them.

by Anonymousreply 5203/19/2013

No, but I did feel relieved when my mother died.

I admit to happiness upon reading of Bill O'Reilly's nasty divorce.

by Anonymousreply 5303/19/2013

R51, when you describe him as "fat Irish," do you mean he was born in Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 5403/19/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5503/19/2013

Yes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 5603/19/2013

When my ex father in law dies, I will travel back there and dance, then shit on his grave.

by Anonymousreply 5703/19/2013

After hearing the clip in R55, I'm not only glad he's dead, but I'm chuckling at how terrified he must have been in that split second when it happened. I can only hope the rearview mirror was dangling so he could stare in horror at his dislocated neck.

Oh, and wiki says it happened in a Pontiac Trans Am.

by Anonymousreply 5803/19/2013

bump for Gary Coleman

by Anonymousreply 5903/20/2013

I am relieved that my father died. I went home to help for six weeks. He was nuts on chemo and radiation. We went through three years of cancer hell. In the end, he was a sliver of the man I knew. I was happy when he let go.

by Anonymousreply 6003/20/2013

The pastor of the church and school I went to as a kid was corrupt, a womanizer, and a suspected molester. He was an asshole who abused his power in every way possible. He was eventually ousted for his scandals and became a slimy, successful insurance agent (it irritated me that he went on to become a millionaire through unsavory methods - it didn't seem fair). I was exhilarated the day I heard he died. I knew he could no longer spew his hatred and poison and abuse here on earth.

My grandmother had Alzheimer's. I was glad she died, too, because she had long since checked out, but was an immense burden on my family. I love and miss her, but glad she died.

by Anonymousreply 6203/20/2013

Only once did I react with near elation. That was Dennis Ferguson's death. Kids of Sydney are at least safe from his predation.

by Anonymousreply 6303/20/2013

The perfect thread for me!!!

I always wish death on people I hate. And I hate A LOT of people. A LOT!

Do I get happy from it? You betcha! It's perfectly logical!

by Anonymousreply 6403/21/2013

Not "happy from it," R64; OP specifically asked whether you have been "happy OF someone's death."

by Anonymousreply 6503/21/2013

R65 Friggin prepositions! I haven't mastered them!

by Anonymousreply 6603/21/2013

I was happy when I heard Ted Bundy was permanently decommissioned, likewise when Jeffrey Dahmer was.

by Anonymousreply 6703/21/2013

Oh, I kind of regretted the lack of currency of the Jeffrey Dahmer/Lorena Bobbitt joke.

by Anonymousreply 6803/21/2013

My estranged brother-in-law died last week. We're not sure when exactly. My estranged sister told police she thought he was asleep on the floor for two days. My sister has been admitted to a psychiatric ward to be treated for dementia.

My adorable niece tracked me down to give me the news. She said her father had warned her never to contact me. She was delighted I returned her call.

The outcome: I have a new, 30 year olds niece.

by Anonymousreply 6903/21/2013

Which thirty year old's neice do you have?

by Anonymousreply 7003/21/2013

Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Princess Diana.

They were soooooo tedious.

by Anonymousreply 7103/21/2013

Can't wait for Lady Gaga to die from a freak accident!!!

by Anonymousreply 7203/21/2013

Well, I was certainly not happy about the deaths, but I do wish that people would stop going on and on and on about the holocaust. It almost makes me wish that it hadn't happened.

by Anonymousreply 7303/21/2013

I was happy when Diana exited. Her ugly mug and big honker were getting tiring at supermarket check outs. I was also relieved when CBK went down with Jon Jon. Had she survived him the media would have plastered her bulgy thyroid disordered cold dead eyes on covers from here to eternity.

by Anonymousreply 7403/21/2013

Jerry Fallwell, yes.

by Anonymousreply 7503/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.