Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Boehner "can't imagine" supporting gay marriage (VIDEO)

Days after Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) reversed his stance on gay marriage, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is not doing the same.

Portman announced to Ohio newspapers on Friday that after his own son came out in February 2011, he has grown to change his perspective on the issue. In a Sunday interview on ABC's "This Week," Boehner was asked by host Martha Raddatz about whether he could ever envision a similar shift happening on his end.

"Listen, I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman," Boehner said. "All right. It's what I grew up with. It's what I believe. It's what my church teaches me. And I can't imagine that position would ever change."

Boehner added that he appreciated Portman's change of heart, but his own position has been "made clear."

On NBC's "Meet The Press," Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) was asked whether the shift on marriage equality is tied to younger conservatives seeing the issue as "something that is."

"Well, I think there's no doubt about that," Walker said. "But I think that's all the more reason, when I talk about things, I talk about the economic and fiscal crisis in our state and in our country. That's what people want to resonate about. They don't want to get focused on those issues."

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013

It wouldn't do him any good to support gays and he knows it. His supporters wear John Deere hats.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

Scott Walker looks retarded.

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

Tis idiot can't imagine ever seeking out the Latino or Asian vote...yet they have the keys to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

He's on the wrong side of history, but he'll keep spouting that bullshit to satisfy the bigoted Repug base.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

I 'can't imagine' supporting John Boehner, ever.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

Captain of the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

I can't imagine ever needing Boehner's support. We're winning. The momentum is with the supporters of same-sex marriage. Boehner an his followers will soon be irrelevant on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

"All right. It's what I grew up with. It's what I believe. It's what my church teaches me"

Does your church tell you to treat those people who are poor or sick the way you do?

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

Isn't he one of 19 children? He must have gay nieces and nephews. I wish they'd asked.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

Rigid views from a cry baby.

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!