Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Could Anne Hathaway have made "Phantom" a better film?

Cuz whatever happened to Emily Possum?

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

Emmy Rossum is co-starring with William H. Macy in "Shameless" on Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

She just released a superb cd of standards.

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

I thought Emmy was perfectly fine in the film. In the context of the story the Phantom is a con artist and Christine is his dupe, so to make this convincing you want her to be something of a weakling and a dim bulb. If she had any maturity or strength of character she would have called bullshit on the Phantom when he was sweet-talking her through the wall.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

Only if she played the Phantom.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

Humbly, from the Olympus of my Academy Award pinnacle, I can honestly say that with me in them all movies, all fims, all failed ventures of cinematic art could be saved and made better.

I could have made "Ishtar" worthy of three sequels. I could have brought Cimono another Oscar for "Heaven's Gate." If only they had asked me. If only they had waited until I was born or old enough to save them.

And I could have achieved glory with "Battlefield Earth," turned Johnny straight, received my first Oscar at 17, and unleashed the rule of Scientology across the universe for 13% of the gross, if only they had beaten Julie Andrews to a pulp and taken me to the Sea Org. But they didn't.

Thank God Gwynny and I have signed for the "Thelma and Louise" sequel, "Out of the Gorge: Sister Arise."

We plan a tie in the Best Actress voting for 2015. But you and I know who will win. Wink wink.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

R5 is insufferable. This Anne troll is NOT funny.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

At first I thought you meant as Jar Jar Binks.

In which case, Yes.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

The only actress who could have played Christine and saved the movie is the inimitable Miss Liza Minnelli.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

The result of r5's efforts was not worth the time it took to write, unfortunately,

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

Anne will be releasing her own CD shortly. Trust.

Les Mis is the beginning of her coming into her own. Expect more singing, and perhaps a stint on Broadway in the near future. She still wants to do Garland.

And I for one am truly excited. We're on the threshold of a truly brilliant, multidimensional career. It's not far fetched to put Anne as an EGOT. She's got that talent.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

Well, Hathaway couldn't have been worse than Rossum, who occupied an empty space in the center of the film.

With Hathaway and Marni Nixon on board, it might have been a passable film.

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

No, it wasn't R9. But one does get sick enough of the assholes here who can't put their three smug words together without misspelling one of them that an honest effort - even a failure - offers a small antidote.

Screw you, by the way. Being right doesn't make you better than any other cunt here. Actually, it makes you more obviously one.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

Next thing you know, AnnE'll be fucking Randy Newman and Paul Williams for a hit Oscar winning song.

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!