Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Seasonal Allergies

Spring has arrived in my neck of the woods and so have my allergies. Woke up this morning completely stuffed up, eyes itching and nose running.

I'll be miserable for weeks and nothing seems to help. I did allergy shots for several years when I had decent health insurance and got no results.

Nothing over the counter seems to help me anymore. Benadryl doesn't even make me drowsy. Allegra and Claritin helped for a while when they were prescription, but since going o over the counter they are useless.

I've tried a neti pot and that gives me some temporary relief but it's unpleasant.

What have you tried that works?

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

I am in the same boat as you. I am trying Zyrtec this year, but it makes you VERY drowsy. You might also try getting a prescription nasal spray like Nasonex. It doesn't get rid of your allergies, but it does help manage them.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

dreadful...start the cycle over with Sudafed...your body has adjusted to the newer stuff so it has no affect. Just wait till Aug...

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

R1, Zyrtec shouldn't make you drowsy unless you're taking the Zyrtec-D variant. Take regular Zyrtec and you'll be fine. Oh, and btw you can buy generic Zyrtec these days for a fraction of the cost of the name brand; I just bought 300 tablets for $20 or so at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

You have it completely backwards, R3.

Zyrtec-D has a decongestant, which would be inclined to stimulate, not sedate.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.