Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you stand all the humanity in NYC?

Fine, you want to be a Designer or a Thespian. But so do millions of others. All cooped-up in those teeming, overpriced boroughs.

I would go batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2013

The inhumanity might be a bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

Totally agree, OP. I can tolerate NYC for about 24 hours, then I absolutely gotta get outta there. Awful place.

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

How can it be overpriced when it's the most wonderful place in the world?

I understand that you're just trying to be some sort of flyover troll, but in case you're real, just live here and you'll understand that no greater Eden exists.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

Hide in my apartment, dreaming of a wood cabin in the Adirondacks with vegetable and herb gardens and a menagerie of pets.

I do love NYC, have spent my whole life here but am burned out, especially after getting my RN and working with mostly criminals, addicts and the mentally ill. I've had enough of humanity. Life is so different elsewhere, though, and I worry I'll be lonely and ridiculously helpless (eg, I've never been a homeowner, I've never had a car, I've never shoveled snow).

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

[quote]no greater Eden exists

Than New York City? Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

"I understand that you're just trying to be some sort of flyover troll, but in case you're real, just live here and you'll understand that no greater Eden exists."

Great satire, R3.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

What a racist person you are op.

Essentially you are re-stating the same comments made by that meathead baseball player.

We don't just "stand the humanity" we thrive on it and look at the individual. Go back to your bland, doughy hometown population.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

r7, I don't think OP was being racist. I think he was referring to so many people (regardless of ethnicity) being packed into such a small, contained area. I've lived in Chicago with no problem (save for the winter) and I currently live in Dallas; no problems -- but New York City? Uggh, I feel claustrophobic, trapped, suffacating when I'm there. It's sensory overload for me.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

That's not what he meant, R7, and you know it. NYC is overpopulated.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

I love NY, but realized I would never be able to afford a place where I could retreat from the city hubbub.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

No, I stand by my belief and my statement. New York is not Calcutta. (I doubt the OP has even been to an Indian restaurant.)

New York is not overpopulated. Sure, certain streets get busy around rush hour, as the commuters rush home to the suburbs, but it is very livable.

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

OP how do you stand to have to sweep up the shavings after a long afternoon whittling on the verandah and chasing away the skunks? How many whistles and corncob pipes do you really need?

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

Manhattan = 69,771/sq mi

Calcutta = 63,000/sq mi

Source: Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

I'd live in Queens.

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

"... and I worry I'll be lonely"

Most smaller towns have a Craigslist now. But Grindr and Manhunt? I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

I love how R13 just bitchslapped R11.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

I grew up there and I agree, OP. I still have affection for the place but would never be able to stand it now. If I had to go back, I'd probably live in Queens (fittingly, lol).

by Anonymousreply 1703/18/2013

I love NYC (where I live) and I love other places too. I don't expect the same from one place or the other. NYC is exciting and a desirable place to live for a number of reasons- reasons that are very different from live in a cabin on a spectacular mountain in the Adirondacks or in a wonderful 1950s dessert house in Palm Springs.

I consider myself very lucky to own an appartment in NYC, and to have grown up here. I also consider myself lucky to spend time elsewhere.

Why be so negative. You don't like it, fine. I love it. I hope you like where you live as well OP. That is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!