Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ancient Irish Nipple-Sucking Rituals!

“Archaeological bog discoveries in Ireland have corroborated the “sughaim sine” practice in another of its aspects. The subjects of ancient Irish king’s ritually and routinely demonstrated their submission by sucking on their ruler’s nipples - some believe perhaps in a nursing, group or perhaps erotically intended way. It is theorized that there may have been royal reception days when the king exposed his nipples for his “court” in order to facilitate sucking for a large group. In a potentially more macabre element, there appears to have been power games in the nipple hierarchy. Cutting off a royal descendant’s nipples made him ineligible for kingship. Not as subtle as poison, but undeniable evidence of his unsuitability for a kingly role. No nips, game over.”

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3503/19/2015

That is some rough, tough nipple play!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 103/17/2013

Nice blarney stones, Your grace!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 203/17/2013

Ancient yes. But I like it too!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 303/17/2013

Why a nipple?

Why not .. ahem .. the "royal scepter?"

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 403/17/2013

Yeah, but the Scots did away with that. You have to like the King's shitter there.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 503/17/2013

Very hot!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 603/17/2013

er...like=lick

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 703/17/2013

Oh. The luck o' the Irish!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 803/17/2013

Because if you're lucky, R4, your nipples are just as sensitive as your dick. Those of us with really tender tits experience too much pleasure from them for them to be ignored.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 903/17/2013

more Celtic homo history

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1003/17/2013

Top o' the nipple to you, Paddy!

Nipples to the day, Mickey!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1103/18/2013

A particularly succulent example of this fluidity is perhaps exemplified in the adjunctive early Irish practice of homosocial nipple-sucking or what today can be called “sughaim sine”.

This typically male act stood for many things in the pagan culture of the times.

In one aspect, it was used as a way to pledge loyalty, devotion and submission for a king.

Among common men, it was an expression of friendship, greeting, reconciliation, affection, fealty, protection and not surprisingly, as some sources suggest, sexual stimulation and pleasure.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1203/20/2013

YUMMY!

my favorite fantasy!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1303/20/2013

Well now!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1403/20/2013

so weird!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1503/20/2013

Every word of it true today, too.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1603/20/2013

Irish nipples

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1703/20/2013

His penis is about the same size, R17.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1803/20/2013

I'll bet they had some serious male lactation going on with all this nipple sucking.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 1903/22/2013

We need some input from Ciaran on this thread.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2003/23/2013

Ah needs t'bump this in honor of Saint Paddy, lads!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2103/17/2015

This is incredible. I've never heard of it!

It's amazing what has been pushed underground by the modern paradigms we unconsciously adhere to. We are so imbalanced, it's true.

"While Ireland was still a pagan culture, Christianity was taking hold in Europe and North Africa. Christian philosophy increasingly taught that all sexual ways were physically harmful and that sexual abstention was the wisest course. But the tradition of 'special friends' and the importance of love, physicality, affection and sexual expression did not die out. It was an essential part of the culture. An old Celtic saying holds, 'A person without a soul friend is like a body without a head.'"

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2203/17/2015

Antiquity was replete with acts or behaviours that many today would say are gay or perverted when back then it was normal. This is nothing new. The more modern a society gets the more stringent it becomes. Masculinity in the past wasn't as narrowly defined as it is today.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2303/17/2015

Seriously, is this a joke or for real??

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2403/17/2015

Was it universal through Irish culture at the time, or was it just how one king liked to do things?

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2503/17/2015

Me thinks somebody has mistranslated "blow job" as "nipple sucking."

They did that with the bible where closing a deal with handjobs was routine but it was presented as "putting his hand under his thigh" in the English translations.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2603/17/2015

"The practice is also referenced mythologically within the tale of King Fergus mac Leite. Lore says that the King, after returning to his own land, falls asleep on the coast near the sea. Small people appear who carry the king without his sword into the water. It might be inferred that they want to abduct him to their own ‘land’ under water. This ‘foreign’ invasion threatens the king and thereby the land. When his bare feet become wet and cold, however, he awakens in time and grabs three of them. In order to save themselves they offer a pact, which is introduced by a ritualistic exchange of words and is sealed by the mutual, prolonged sucking of nipples. Thanks to this agreement, the king receives a charm with which he can survive under water - a kind of ‘passport’ to travel in the ‘foreign’ lands under the waves and is forever nipple-bonded to the small men."

Leprechaun Nips!

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2703/17/2015

Want to hear more about "closing a deal with handjobs."

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2803/17/2015

Me too, r28. Would this be an Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew custom?

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 2903/18/2015

They were desperate to find alcohol.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3003/18/2015
by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3103/18/2015

I find this Chewy McNip persona to be absolutely mortifying

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3203/18/2015

R32 suffers from sagging nipple placement.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3303/18/2015

Hebrew R29. Still common among the Bedouin. "under the thigh" was actually in Hebrew "generative parts" but the King James people cleaned it up.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3403/18/2015

[quote]closing a deal with handjobs was routine

I was going to propose that we put that into law, but you guys forced me to resign.

by Chewy O'Nip sez: "Suckle me nips! Twist 'em! Bite 'em, lad!"reply 3503/19/2015
Need more help? Click Here.