Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did you ever meet any celebrities when you were a kid?

I got separated from my class at the Museum of Natural History and Kevin Bacon and a woman (who in hindsight I assume was Kyra Sedgwick) found me crying and called security for me.

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013

Cloris Leachman (she was goofy but friendly)

Imogene Coca (very sweet)

We didn't technically meet her but Mamie Van Doren was having breakfast at the next table and she vaguely acknowledged my family when my uncle, who was doing a play with her, told her who we were. I give her a pass since it was breakfast and I wouldn't care about a bunch of strangers at that hour either.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

That's so cute!!

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

When I was a little kid, my dad put me on his shoulders at the old Madison Square Garden on 50th St. "Here comes Cassius Clay. When he passes by, say 'Hi Champ!'" He came by, I said Hi Champ, he tousled my hair, and passed by.

20 years later I was working in LA near Hancock Park. There was a little lobby snack bar and there was this guy who would come every day, sit in the snack bar, and flirt with the girls who came by. It was Muhammad Ali in his (unfortunately, midlife) dotage.

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

My babysitter, Patty, was a model for Goldblatt's. Amazingly, she didn't have arms or legs of different lengths and she wasn't cross-eyed or visibly disabled.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

I looked over and Frank Sutton (the Sargent on Gomer Pyle) was having breakfast in the next booth. Sadly, he would die of a heart attack just a few weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

" Kevin Bacon and a woman (who in hindsight I assume was Kyra Sedgwick"

You little prick, I told you to keep your mouth shut

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

I met Bozo the Clown.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

Our neighbor growing up in the 60's was a long-retired vaudeville star. He and his brother toured North America and Europe doing a cowboy act with rope tricks, sharpshooting, and a trained horse. He performed for the King of England.

I didn't pay enough attention to his stories, but I remember it all ended badly when his brother was murdered in a hotel room in Oklahoma City, and judging from the reaction of my parents, it was a sordid story involving another man's wife.

He used to lasso me, my brother, and our dog, and I remember standing very still with a cigarette in my mouth (it was the 60's don't forget) and he snapped it out of my mouth with a bullwhip from about 20 feet away.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

I represented my state in the National Spelling Bee when I was in seventh grade. The day after the bee, the top 10 spellers (I finished 10th) got to meet Jimmy Carter in the Rose Garden of the White House. Very nice man.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

The current pope, when I was an altar boy in Argentina. But he made me promise never to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

Gwen Verdon. She had a funny voice, unlike any I knew. Sweet woman, gave me a cat. When I was about 9 or 10 I began to learn who she was and what "famous" was.

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

Michelle shocked circa 1996ish. She was having a meet and 'greet' after a show. She wasn't particularly friendly and acted above everyone waiting in line to meet her. She'd exchange sarcastic banter and looks with her handler and move the fans along. Fwiw, their weren't many people in line to meet her.

I never listened to her music again after meeting her. I was surprised to see her name pop up in a thread recently. I'm even less of a fan after reading about her homophobic comments.

by Anonymousreply 1203/19/2013

Cher. I got lost at the State Fair and ended up near the trailers at the amptheatre. Cher called security who found my mother and I waited in her trailer asking about the Sonny and Cher show. Very nice woman.

by Anonymousreply 1303/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.