Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna Makes An Ass Out Of Herself At The GLAAD Awards

She gets up and gives a speech full of double entendres. She's been away from the gays too long. She still thinks it's the 1980s. She's pulling out every stereotype. She went dressed as a boy scout.

by Anonymousreply 14503/23/2013

Her speech.

by Anonymousreply 103/17/2013

Tired old snatch.

by Anonymousreply 203/17/2013

Early onset dementia is a terrible thing.

Wait, it it really "early"?

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

Shut up, Lulu at R4. Is you mum paying you defend her, since her spelling skills aren't as good as yours.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

I thought the speech was fine. Madonna has done a lot of good for the gay community and donated tons of money to the NYC gay aids crisis group there.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

Being dressed as a boy scout is very apropos, OP, since the scouts are trying to decide whether to allow gay scouts to join.

If you read the papers, or anything other than Mademoiselle and Out, you'd have realized that.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

Don't mind R5 - her cunt rash is creating a whole new bacterial world.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

I want to dislike her, but dressing up as a boy scout is like the fun stuff she used to do.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

Behold the ravages of age!

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

Glaad is an absolute joke....honoring closet case AC? Pity.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

I think she did ok...why they hate?

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

I suppose the objection is that she's belittling a serious subject matter with the double entendres. But they were just jokes and she got serious quickly, and anyway she wasn't testifying before the senate, she was supposed to entertain the crowd there. I usually can describe myself as a "Madonna-hater" but I'm fine with this speech, in fact she did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

The only thing more tiresome than Madonna are the obsessive haters.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

She actually promoted her upcoming tour dvd there. She is such a low-life. The entire boy scout thing was a flop. The badges were even on the wrong side. She just doesn't get it. She's not likable, and she's no longer interesting -- well, she's interesting for about two seconds about twice a year when she's doing something embarrassing like getting naked on stage in front of her children. She's completely out of touch with society, especially the gay community. Making a mockery out of GLAAD is where people draw the line. Go pull that shit at HRC. None of us like them!

I'm sorry to say it, but Lady Gaga has had a bigger impact on the gay community now than Madonna has because she took on our issues when it mattered most, and the result was massive change in the United States. Madonna used us to get attention when she did the whole bisexual routine 20 years ago. She even admitted that she did it all for attention in 2004. You have the likes of Gaga out there getting the entire younger generation involved in gay rights. Madonna: MIA. Lady Gaga met with the president, marched in DC, took gay servicemen and women with her to events, etc. She even put the phone numbers, email addresses, public officials office addresses for the under 20s to call/contact to demand equal rights for gays. Is Lady Gaga using us? Probably, at least in part. In the end, there's still a positive result. I wish Madonna got involved when the gay community needed someone most, but she dropped the ball, and turned her back on us. She's still a massive supporter of that anti-gay cult of hers. She funds them with millions.

I'd rather her ignore us than try to curry our favor so blatantly. She's taking us for fools.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

Irma La Douche

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013

She boring... and the hooting & hollering of the crowd was just sad

by Anonymousreply 1803/17/2013

Cunt.

Retire or die; just go away.

by Anonymousreply 1903/17/2013

R18 A bunch of middle aged white men. Did you expect any less?

And had this not been done already, I might have actually thought it was edgy. But this lady also managed to make it look sexy.

by Anonymousreply 2003/17/2013

She's past it. She's making a fool of herself.

by Anonymousreply 2103/17/2013

Debbie Harry's scout look, 1979:

by Anonymousreply 2203/17/2013

Ooh, her face is starting to go in Baby Jane territory.

by Anonymousreply 2303/17/2013

Madonna's problem is that she has surrounded herself with yes men who refuse to tell her that she's hit rock bottom. She's an embarrassing hag and now an offensive embarrassing hag.

by Anonymousreply 2403/17/2013

She is so far past her sell by date

by Anonymousreply 2503/17/2013

Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 2603/17/2013

[quote]partially-embalmed singing velociraptor that is Madonna

I just read this description of her in a soccer blog, of all places. It really does capture her, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 2703/17/2013

The outfit was cool, but why the glamour girl hairstyle? She should have slicked it down and tucked it under the hat.

by Anonymousreply 2803/17/2013

I just find her boring

by Anonymousreply 2903/17/2013

Yes, R29, boring. Just the way she has always been.

by Anonymousreply 3003/17/2013

Who let the freepers in here?

by Anonymousreply 3103/17/2013

We should all be happy someone as bid as her is speaking out against what ails the lgbt community. I'm proud she dressed as a boy scout and brought attention to the cause.

by Anonymousreply 3203/17/2013

I think we should just tell the Boy Scouts to go fuck their own straight selves. Who needs them?

It's like with the military: I have no idea why people fought to have gays be allowed to go over to Iran or Iraq and get killed between rounds of football and breathing in air so toxic you'll wish you died.

If you really need to know how to tie knots, get some rope and a book. Who needs the Boy Scouts?

by Anonymousreply 3303/17/2013

R13 Do you honestly feel that way. Gay or straight we should all fight in every aspect of our lives to recieve equal rights. There are just as many "sympathetic straight " people who fight for gay rights to. AA people wouldn't have the same rights as whites if they didn't fight. We ALL should keep fighting for equal rights for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3403/17/2013

R34. Who is we? Have a turd in your pocket?

by Anonymousreply 3503/17/2013

No R35 just the yellow streak I just ripped off your back!

by Anonymousreply 3603/17/2013

I would've loved to have seen the looks on the faces of all those Cardinals and Scout leaders when they realized the object of their affection was actually a woman in her mid-50s!!!

by Anonymousreply 3803/17/2013

I remember Madge using the gay community. I remember her ripping off the gay community. I remember her paying lip service to the gay community. I remember her turning her back on even the lip service when she joined a gay-hating cult.

She's no Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 4003/17/2013

Fess up, R16, are you one of Gaga fans who tried to petition GLAAD to kick Madonna off the Awards ceremony? That wasn't very nice.

by Anonymousreply 4103/17/2013

The Gaga fans AND the Madonna fans both need to respect what the other has contributed to the gay community.

Stop the nonsense and move on already.

by Anonymousreply 4203/17/2013

Is there some reason why we can't dislike Madge and Gaga at the same time?

They're ugly white girls trying desperately to be "edgy" and/or offensive while they screech "look at ME, look at MEEEEEEEE."

Awful people.

by Anonymousreply 4303/17/2013

Madonna has used and abused the gays to personal wealth. If you despise the "1%" you must hate this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4403/17/2013

Bump R37. Madonna is an icon and she has advocated for the gay community for years (when she didn't have to). Hell even before Lady Gaga was born. I used to have a great deal of respect for gaga but her nastiness towards Madonna has turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 4503/17/2013

[quote]I'm sorry to say it, but Lady Gaga has had a bigger impact on the gay community now than Madonna has because she took on our issues when it mattered most, and the result was massive change in the United States.

Yeah, but if hadn't been for the likes of Madonna, Ellen, Liz Taylor, etc... making gay culture more accessible and relatable, then we would still live in a climate where the majority fear homosexuality and these changes could never have taken places.

by Anonymousreply 4603/17/2013

The audience in that room was her target audience. Gay men aged 35-60. The fact that she had to instruct them to do what she wanted (Stand up, sit down, clap, etc) and had to do it repeatedly shows that her grasp and relevance are waning, if not over. The fact that her "shocking" attire got zero attention in the mainstream press shows that the rest of the world isn't interested.

That's not to say she has not or can't continue to be an advocate for gay rights but the reality is that in an age where almost every mainstream entertainer is publicly gay-friendly her comments don't pack as much punch as they used to.

And GLAAD inviting/honoring Snooki who told everyone her costar was gay is really gross.

by Anonymousreply 4703/17/2013

Madonna is an icon for those who eschew dignity in all they pursue.

by Anonymousreply 4803/17/2013

[quote]Madonna has used and abused the gays to personal wealth. If you despise the "1%" you must hate this cunt.

Hyperbole much, R44 (and 25 and 35?

Mary, you're deranged.

by Anonymousreply 4903/17/2013

R48 for Pop Culture Bureau Chief

by Anonymousreply 5003/17/2013

R47 - Madonna's target audience is probably around 46-70. This was the group that were teens when she first hit the scene.

by Anonymousreply 5203/17/2013

[quote]Madonna's target audience is probably around 46-70. This was the group that were teens when she first hit the scene.

Madonna hit the scene in the early 1970s?

by Anonymousreply 5303/17/2013

I don't know anyone under 45 who is into Madonna. She just doesn't attract a young audience. She is more or less a nostalgia act now. Which is cool.

by Anonymousreply 5503/17/2013

[quote]The hatred on this thread toward someone who's done so much is utterly repulsive. It makes me ashamed.

Meh, it's typical. The only thing more stereotypical and tiresome than a Madonna-worshiping queen is a Madonna-hating queen.

by Anonymousreply 5703/17/2013

I don't hate Madonna, but I certainly think she's become a joke in her dotage. The bitch needs to just accept the fact that she can't pull off the antics she could 30 years ago without coming across as completely pathetic.

Besides, she hasn't put out a good song in nearly ten years (and even that one, "Hung Up," heavily sampled Abba's "Gimme Gimme Gimme").

by Anonymousreply 5803/17/2013

"I don't know anyone under 45 who is into Madonna. She just doesn't attract a young audience."

Say what now? You mustn't know very many people. I'm 30 and consider myself a big fan. Her concerts also attract a wide demographic, except for the elderly (despite what some say on DL). When Madonna hit the scene in the 80s the over-30 crowd was definitely not her demographic. So those pushing the notion that her concert-goers in the present are over 60 are either bad at math or filled with hate to the point of delusion.

by Anonymousreply 5903/17/2013

Why do some of her fanqueens keep parroting the meme, "She's done so much for the gay community"? what exactly has she really done for us on the practical level?

Tip: providing music for you to dance secretly to in your bedroom when you were seventeen and closeted does not really count.

by Anonymousreply 6003/17/2013

Gay men who defend Madonna are like the black people who defended OJ Simpson. Besides, she looks like a nightmare Patsy Montana in that hat.

by Anonymousreply 6103/17/2013

R61 = Mary of all hysterical Marys

by Anonymousreply 6203/17/2013

Nice try r59. The scent of Ben Gay, Gin, and 50 years of broken promises, lost hopes, and shattered dreams stinks up your entire post.

by Anonymousreply 6303/17/2013

I'm with R60. I cannot think of a single thing Madonna has done for this member of the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 6403/17/2013

She's done more than Anderson, but that's not saying very much.

by Anonymousreply 6503/18/2013

Why is Anderson Cooper getting an award? Being all skittish and non-committal about being gay till you're in your 40s is something they give awards for now? I mean, he doesn't owe anyone anything, but what exactly has he done to be giving him awards now?

by Anonymousreply 6603/18/2013

r60, I remember her being vocally pro-gay in interviews in the early 90s, after she did Vogue. She couldn't deny the origins of it. Remember her early 90s period was all about sexual liberation leading up to the Erotica album, and Sex book. But then she experienced a backlash about it, and has never been as edgy and defiant since. She remained a huge gay icon, but rarely said anything about it. Many considered her Eminem endorsement to be a betrayal, I did. She of all people should have said that homophobia is no more acceptable than racism. But by that point she was no longer interested in opposing the mainstream, she was the mainstream, just another straighty with a double-standard about racism and homophobia. The former considered bigotry, and the latter considered free speech.

by Anonymousreply 6703/18/2013

Lady Gaga has hardly been on the scene 5 years. Madonna has be a gay rights activist almost 30 years. There is no comparison. BITCH BOW DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 6803/18/2013

I don't know why everyone thinks these things are mutually exclusive. Thinking Madonna is an idiot and a fraud and over the hill does not make you automatically a Little Monster or a Lady Gaga fan.

by Anonymousreply 6903/18/2013

I think Anderson deserves the award just like Rosie, Elton, Ricky, Suze and whoever else they gave it to previously. As long as I can remember he has always included LGBT concerns in his reporting, all the way back to WNN. His acceptance speech was really great and he talked about unsung gay heroes and how they paved the way for him and others, too bad none of you would ever bother listening to it. I can think of genuine traitors to the LGBT community and still don't see how AC fits into that mold.

by Anonymousreply 7003/18/2013

R70- Troll post. First and foremost benderfrau this is a Madonna thread. Secondly you can't possibly think AC is the perfect spokesperson for the LGBT community being in the closet as long as he has. Yes he is a traitor. Yes he BOUGHT that award. Yes he came out for convenience. Yes he is trying to save face and make up for the 20 years he has shunned the community and NO most of us are not buying it. Sweetie hes got a lot of work to do if he wants to be mentioned with the names you previously mentioned.

Would you please go to bed now? You won' t be able to get up in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 7103/18/2013

Could someone please tell GRANDMAdonna that we all know she keeps wearing those figerless gloves because her hands look 89 years old? We're smart enough to know it has nothing to do with fashion and everything to do with hiding those nasty hands.

by Anonymousreply 7203/18/2013

GRANDMAdonna is lazy ageism for simple-minded fools. Hell, the woman isn't even an actual grandmother yet. So childish.

by Anonymousreply 7303/18/2013

R71, anti-AC troll post. He deserves the award and you deserve a strait jacket. First and foremost you sick, pathetic AC obsessed lunatic, YOU don't tell anyone where they can post. You actually think I'm not going to post here because YOU don't like it? Don't make me laugh you deranged beeyotch. You're so unhinged with rage against him and Ben you can't think straight. Go get some help for your obsession before you try to control this board.

by Anonymousreply 7403/18/2013

R74 are you a gay male?

by Anonymousreply 7503/18/2013

R73 = Madgebot

She's old enough to be a grandma. In fact, she's technically old enough to be a great-grandma!

by Anonymousreply 7603/18/2013

I am no Madonna fan, I find her kind of, what is the opposite of grace? Tacky.

Nevertheless- she has done a lot for the gay community, for years, and despite those condeming her to the bottom of the barrel, her tour was the most successful of the year in the business. She is hardly over. Any entertainer would be so lucky to be as "over".

Perhaps it is her lack of class, perhaps it is the tendency on DL to be ageist- or just that she does not seem like a nice person. But I should think most of you could see through this to the content of what she is saying and her record as a advocate for the LGTG community.

DL is basically dumb as so displayed on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7703/18/2013

R71 is not a gay male and probably R75 as well.

by Anonymousreply 7803/18/2013

Every time I ask they refuse to answer.

Which leads me to believe we must have some straight females lurking on this board that are obsessed with AC.

by Anonymousreply 7903/18/2013

r47 it stood out to me as well that she had to repeat herself many times. When she got up there and asked everyone if they thought it sucked that the boy scouts don't want gays the response was really anemic. Almost like no one in the room cared. I also felt like it was a way she could make that moment about herself. "See everybody, look at me once again sticking up for you little gay people." She is and always has been nauseating.

If Madonnna really was as gay friendly as her fanatic supporters think, you would think she would have been more vocal about her relationship with Irgrid Casares the former girlfriend of Sandra Bernhart that Madonna stole from Sandra.

She and Ingrid had a loooooong relationship that lasted through many men in Madonna's life yet Madonna was never been vocal about her own bisexuality. It's fine to use it to titillate right? Sells more records. Oh let me correct myself, she did kiss Britney on Mtv. How brave of her when she had nothing to gain from it. Oh wait. Yes she did.

by Anonymousreply 8003/18/2013

Sandra Bernhart caught Madonna stepping out of Irgrid Casares shower

Madonna would later say Sandra jumped to conclusions, and there was a perfect innocent explanation, which Sandra refused to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 8103/18/2013

R79, the only one "obsessed" is R71 and because you didn't attempt to ask HER if SHE was a gay male, it leads me to believe that you agree with her nutty bullshit about Anderson and that's why you don't deserve an answer.

by Anonymousreply 8203/18/2013

R82 he did identify himself as Elton.

How more gay can you get?

But what about you? Are you a gay male?

by Anonymousreply 8303/18/2013

Wow, no need to even respond to that R83. Keep on huntin'.

by Anonymousreply 8403/18/2013

Since you refuse to state which gender you are, I guess we can assume you are a straight female.

by Anonymousreply 8503/18/2013

Assume away, but you know what they say about that word don't you? See ya.

by Anonymousreply 8603/18/2013

R86 just confirmed it. She is a straight female.

by Anonymousreply 8703/18/2013

I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille.

by Anonymousreply 8803/18/2013

I'm a gay male here and I have a question for R75/r79/r81/r83/r85/r87: can you explain your obsession with asking others if they're gay males?

by Anonymousreply 8903/18/2013

The only ones concerned about who is and isn't straight are the ones who believe what that nasty troll @ R71 is saying. Confirm THAT.

by Anonymousreply 9003/18/2013

R89 because it seems most of the bullying here on these threads seem to be made by straight females, pretending to be gay males.

by Anonymousreply 9103/18/2013

R86 & R90

I thought you were leaving when you said "See ya"

As a straight female, why are you on a gay board?

by Anonymousreply 9203/18/2013

Ladies, ladies, please. (And by "ladies" I mean, of course, "assholes.")

Madonna is a complicated woman. I've never liked her, and even in her best work I've heard the driven, humorless, unintelligent, commercial, naive, self-deluded and overreaching qualities that make her so unattractive as a talent and "icon." I've always felt that the gaping chasm of her underlying insecurity and need to impress/appall Daddy are at the root of both her success and her failures as an artist.

But, holy fuck, she's amassed a record of success (outside of film) and commitment to her gay fan base that deserves some recognition.

Whether she has done the gay thing out of marketing savvy, awareness from her brother's being gay, awareness from her own proclivities, or - as I suspect - a desire to latch on to any group that seems edgy or transgressive, isn't really the point. She's as dumb as a box of hair and as hungry as an alley cat, and yet she has, pretty much, supported gay people in a way that contrasts with her other faddish and overly cunning moves.

So in this case I guess it comes down to a question of what the fuck is all the rancor about here?

(And it's starting to look like Gaga will prove to have a limited span with her career, while Madge still will manage to hang in there - and I very much prefer Gaga, so it's not pro-Ciccone bias I'm speaking from.)

by Anonymousreply 9303/18/2013

I decided to come back R92, so what?

So saying that R71 and her ilk are full of shit is "bullying" and ONLY a straight female would have that opinion? BULLSHIT.

R92 needs to stop pretending she ain't the AC hating troll (or supporter) trying to deflect from the crap she says about him here. And notice I said SHE. You know YOU aren't gay, you can't fool anyone missy.

by Anonymousreply 9403/18/2013

[quote]She's old enough to be a grandma. In fact, she's technically old enough to be a great-grandma!

At 54???

I missed the meme where all gay men are supposed to committ suicide at age 35.

by Anonymousreply 9603/18/2013

OMG—Madonna looks like a CRAZY old lady with too much bad filler in her round pudgy face. She should remake the movie "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" and play the Bette Davis role.

She is starting to look like a desperate has been. She looks much older than she is but I bet she thinks she looks good when she looks in her distorted mirror. What the Hell is she becoming? To think i use to be a fan--lol.

by Anonymousreply 9803/18/2013

R97 I'm gay as a goose. I'm a Gay male.

I'm currently reading Cruise Control by Robert Weiss.

So I'm a gay male. If you don't believe it, fine. As a Gay male I belong here.

I have to go make dinner now, so you don't think I'm just disappearing because of you.

But you have still not answered the question.

Why as a straight female are you posting on a gay male discussion board.

by Anonymousreply 9903/18/2013

"The badges were even on the wrong side. "

Well, that certainly nails the most important issue here, doesn't it? And sniffing that out her speech was nothing more than a way to sell a concert DVD? Brilliant. I mean, it makes total sense - her last tour completely tanked and failed so badly that it's only the #1 tour of the year and #10 of the Top Ten Tours of all time. Yes, I imagine she also set up shop in the parking lot and sold some CDs out of the trunk of her Ford Pinto...

by Anonymousreply 10003/18/2013

Madonna is an ugly old cunt. It was pathetic 15 years ago when she was trying to act and dress like she was 25. But to still be doing it?? I just cringe when I see her fake untalented ass. She's a joke and she has nobody to blame but herself.

by Anonymousreply 10103/18/2013

Anderson certainly doesn't think she's an "ugly old cunt." He looked like he was slipping her some tongue during their kiss (for which he lunged).

by Anonymousreply 10203/18/2013

(R32): I think you got that the other way around. We owe her nothing. Madge owes everything to the countless, worshipping, old (yes now old and grasping to on to their youth) queens who continue to swoon at her every tired, cliched move. She is the world's biggest attention hog and by doing that ridiculous number at GLAAD she was able to bask once more in her desperate glory. Sad that she ended up looking like a crazed old woman. A grandma dressed in little boys clothes. It would behoove her more if she stepped away with class and humility and allowed others to shine. She is no more an advocate than many others who are out to use their persona in order to keep a glimmer of light going in their faded careers. SHE IS SOOO OVER TO ALL BUT HER TIRED OLD FANS.

by Anonymousreply 10303/18/2013

OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD! OVER! CUNT! OLD!

by Anonymousreply 10403/18/2013

Sure you are R99. Don't make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 10503/18/2013

R105 why don't you want to answer the question?

As a straight female, why are you on a gay male discussion board?

by Anonymousreply 10603/18/2013

btw R105

Kathleen Chalfant, who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 10703/18/2013

Ever since Madonna turned 30, the "old" thing has never gone away and it never will.

by Anonymousreply 10803/18/2013

"What are you guys, Little Monsters? She gave a fantastic speech. It was spectacular and she's a HUGE asset to the gay community and has been for years.

Whether you like her or not, SHUT THE FUCK UP.'

"A huge asset to the gay community?!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! My SIDES!

And by the way, YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, you moronic Madonna fangurl. Just because YOU would eat the peanuts out of her shit doesn't mean everyone else in the world would like to.

by Anonymousreply 10903/18/2013

Just grow up, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11003/18/2013

quote]It would behoove her more if she stepped away with class

Back at ya, R103. Your anti-Madge mania is most unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 11103/18/2013

(R108): Ahhh but...Madonna at 30 looked good. Madonna at 54 looks a hot mess. She DOES NOT look younger than her age as much as her blind fans thinks she does. Sad that with all her money she doesn't even look good for 54. I have seen many her age that look years younger than her. Bad genes I guess. Look at her brother. (Eeww)

by Anonymousreply 11203/18/2013

I would like to know too R106. Damn cunts.

by Anonymousreply 11303/18/2013

All the "old" comments stem from the fact that she still behaves as though she's 25 years old, but she's in fact 53. She still thinks she's a hot 25 year old babe; she's in her fifties and desperately trying to hang onto her lost youth, having heavily-publicized affairs with twinks young enough to be her grandson and doing bizarre things like dress up in a weird version of a Boy Scout uniform.

By the way, somebody should tell Madonna that Linda Ronstadt did that first (she performed in a Boy Scout or Cub Scout uniform). She managed to pull the cutesy gesture off because at the time Linda Ronstadt was young and hot. Madonna is WAY past that stage! WAY past it.

I guess the fact that the gay Anderson Cooper kissed her pie-hole is supposed to be further proof that she's irresistable to ALL men. But it's just another sad attempt to make it seem like she's still a "boy-toy."

by Anonymousreply 11403/18/2013

(R111): I just have a problem with people telling me who I should respect. She is not respected by me and many, many others who know the truth. (Those who do worship her are the ones far too invested to stop)

by Anonymousreply 11503/18/2013

A friend of mine lives in the same building Carlos's (Lordes's father) family lives in. She saw Madonna in and out of there while she was pregnant and at that time she said Madge looked frightening without all the make up. I believe the words were "like a hag."

by Anonymousreply 11603/18/2013

R106 why don't you answer why you're such a psycho first?

by Anonymousreply 11703/18/2013

Please elaborate on that truth you speak of 115.

by Anonymousreply 11803/18/2013

Madonna did nothing for us other than steal from gay culture and say a few nice things about her gay fans and against AIDS.

She turned her back on us the minute her anti-gay Kaballah cult took over her limited imagination.

I feel essentially the same way about Gaga as I do about Madonna. These ugly straight white girls cruise gay culture and steal from it, while paying lip service to gay issues in order to get themselves more publicity. It is not admirable.

by Anonymousreply 11903/18/2013

I still think Madonna is a smoker even though Guy O comes on here and says she was only a light smoker who used them as "props." I still think she's very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 12003/18/2013

Why exaggerate? A 25-year-old is generally not young enough to be a 53-year-old's grandson, unless they all grew up in the backwoods of Kentucky or something.

by Anonymousreply 12103/18/2013

"Please elaborate on that truth you speak of..."

(R118): See my original response at #103. That's the truth as I see it.

by Anonymousreply 12203/18/2013

I don't know much about Gaga. I don't like her music but I did like Bad Romance. She at least puts the gay community front and center. Her first hit was a club hit, Just Dance. She knows who her following is from that success.

Her artistic team no doubt more than likely is made up of a lot of gays. (Although, I do know one guy who is straight and married who has designed some large set pieces for one of her shows.) So what would you have her do? Yes Born This Way does seems like pandering. But should she just ignore our community? Madonna sort of tainted it for anyone who comes along after her who does want to genuinely support us.

by Anonymousreply 12303/18/2013

Madonna was over 10 years ago. She appeals to a demographic that isn't advertiser friendly. She is like you grandma's old vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 12403/18/2013

There is a difference between supporting and using. Madonna and Gaga have both used the gay community to further their careers. They are obvious about it. I hate both cunts. Glad they are over.

by Anonymousreply 12503/18/2013

But r123 unlike Gaga, Madonna did it at the time when few were on our side. Lets remember that.

by Anonymousreply 12603/18/2013

[quote]Why do some of her fanqueens keep parroting the meme, "She's done so much for the gay community"? what exactly has she really done for us on the practical level?

I see none of you has answered this question r60 posted.

But the meme does keep getting repeated.

Until you can name actual and specific things she's done for the gay community (other than being fabulous), you'd better shut up.

by Anonymousreply 12703/18/2013

R126, The tide was turning though and she was trying to shock. That's her gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 12803/18/2013

R126 The tide didn't turn until much later. There was still HIV backlash and Queer Nation running around.

by Anonymousreply 12903/18/2013

I see Gaga as pandering to the gay community through her music. But I don't see the using part. She writes her own music she is not using gay producers and presenting the stuff as if she birthed it herself. It is all coming from her music-wise. She also gives credits for her look to her stylists. Not like she shat it out while doing her nails and voila genius fashion maven as well.

I understand if you don't like her music but as I said, her first success was in dance music so she kept appealing to the community that embraced her and gave her success. And I again ask you, what would be more appropriate behavior for her if not that? I would like a real answer.

by Anonymousreply 13003/18/2013

I don't think her face is salvageable at this point. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 13103/18/2013

R117 Is a straight female posting here on a gay men's board

by Anonymousreply 13203/18/2013

Who the fuck cares, R132??

by Anonymousreply 13303/18/2013

Funny to hear such an old lady use such foul language. This woman has no class.

by Anonymousreply 13403/18/2013

I do R132

by Anonymousreply 13503/18/2013

Even though the camera was far away from her during her speech you still notice her eyes have that cat-like plastic surgery look.

by Anonymousreply 13603/18/2013

Madonna is a has been who should roll up and die. She's done nothing, not one single thing for the gay community. DIE BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 13703/22/2013

I swear to God, you people are really something. Like someone said, you continually prattle on about men who’ve shunned any kind of connection to the gay community, yet you vindictively bash someone like Madonna. Seriously, R137? You can’t think of a [italic]single thing[/italic], not [italic]one little thing[/italic], that Madonna has done for the community? If not, you’re about as horrifically stupid as I thought, so I’ll give you a clue. She showed up and gave Anderson Cooper an award--an award from a group that fights for our rights--and she did so in a way that drew attention to a homophobic, bullshit organization that discriminates against you and me, and pretty much everyone else on this site--the same demographic who’s bashing her now.

You all continually gush over men like Henry Cavill and Jensen Ackles, someone who’s vehemently denied being gay despite pictures suggesting otherwise, and a registered Republican who continually uses words like, “gay” and “queer” pejoratively. And it doesn’t stop there, either. There’s also Jeremy Renner (“I’m not gay; [the rumors] aren’t fucking true!” and Colton Haynes (“I don’t really pay attention to the rumors cause at the end of the day, that’s exactly what they are.”), just to name a few.

Classy. Real classy, all of you.

I’m thirty-eight years old and I’ve been teaching American Studies for a long time, and there are very few people who’ve been more vocal about gay rights than Madonna. That’s not to minimize the efforts of Elizabeth Taylor, Elton John, Lady GaGa and others, but where many have only hovered at the margins, Madonna has been at the vanguard, and she’s been there for thirty-plus years. Whether you like her music or her personality, she’s a pioneer no matter what any of you idiots think.

I would love to see the faces behind all these comments criticizing her appearance. I’d love to see what you actually look like. Not much, I suspect.

I get that this place is about cool one-liners and being snarky, but why don’t save your vitriol for targets that deserve it? Just because the majority of you are well over forty and utterly miserable in your pathetic little lives doesn’t give you the right to say things like, “roll over and die” about someone who’s been on your side. It's only recently that we've gotten the majority on our side. Madonna was there when others weren't.

I paid eighteen dollars to join this ridiculous site because I thought it was made up of people like me. I was wrong. Aside from a very few exceptions, I’m not like any of you.

Thank God for that.

by Anonymousreply 13803/22/2013

Number one, Elizabeth Taylor did more for the cause than ANYONE. For a "professor" there's no excuse for your ignorance.

Number two, Elton has donated every single dime of his record sales post 1992 to his AIDS foundation. So, yes, you are minimizing his efforts.

Number three, the first AIDS benefit in NY was held in 1984. Madonna was not one of the entertainers on the bill.

Madonna has done a lot for the cause, but she was not the only one out there fighting for us during that period.

Learn your history.

by Anonymousreply 13903/22/2013

I agree R138.

by Anonymousreply 14003/22/2013

[quote]Madonna has done a lot for the cause, but she was not the only one out there fighting for us during that period.

It was never my intention to suggest otherwise, R139, nor was in my intention to minimize the efforts and endeavors of any of the exceptional people you named.

If I came across as doing so, you have my most fervent apologies. Nevertheless, it [italic]was[/italic] my intention to call complete and utter bullshit on those bashing someone who, as you admit, has done a great deal for our community.

Even with the remarkable progress we've made, those who have and who have continued to stand up for our rights are not expendable. "Roll up and die" seems to suggest otherwise, as do some of the other more colorful comments on this thread.

I personally find that abjectly sad, coming from those in our community. With my previous post I only mean to suggest that there is a time and a place for those who do not particularly care for Madonna to express their opinions. In my opinion, this thread was neither the time nor the place. However, that is only [italic]my[/italic] and now that I've expressed it, I'm no longer going to read this thread. But again, for the record, let me say that it was never my intention to marginalize the efforts of anyone, celebrity or everyday person, who has spoken up for what's right. My partner, my kids and I are all very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 14103/22/2013

[quote]Number three, the first AIDS benefit in NY was held in 1984. Madonna was not one of the entertainers on the bill.

Wasn't she just starting out around that time? And most people (except for teenagers) didn't take her as seriously at first.

by Anonymousreply 14203/22/2013

R142, Yes, I think you're right. Rock on R138. You're one of the only voices of reason on this thrad. I'm not a huge Madge fan, but she doesn't deserve all this fucked up bashing and queenery.

Rock on, man.

by Anonymousreply 14303/22/2013

The only one making asses of themselves are the OP and the nutty Madonna bashers who can't even given her a smidge of credit.

by Anonymousreply 14403/23/2013

I went to a Madonna concert last November and saw age ranges from teens to 60s. Regardless if she's a "nostalgia" act or not, Madonna's concerts are still, perhaps, *the* premier event in the music world, which is they rake in hundreds of millions of dollars.

As for comparing Madonna and Lady Gaga on support of the gay community, come on. Madonna put gays out there long before we became trendy. The video for Justify My Love is more edgy and gay than anything that Lady Gaga has ever done (and yes, I'm a Gaga fan).

by Anonymousreply 14503/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.