Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why doesn't datalounge like Rihanna?

She doesn't seem very popular here.

by Anonymousreply 5712/11/2013

She's more popular than Beyonce' if that is any consolation.

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

She stuck by the man who abused her. Gay people don't respect professional victims.

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

She's female, and she's got a boyfriend with a big long dick.

Of course she's hated! (And envied.)

by Anonymousreply 303/17/2013

R3: wrong

R2: right

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

R2 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 503/17/2013

Lot's of people like her OP. Why try and say we all dislike her? She's a talented and beautiful girl. She has been harassed by the media but she stays strong. Chris is another one who has been harassed by the media. They are a beautiful talented couple. I enjoy them both.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

R6, nursing a black eye from his lovely boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

Bitch can't sang.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

Yes, she sticks with a beater asshole. And she's determined to prove that slut-style is the only way to go.

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

DL typically has issues with the following groups:

1) Anyone under 30

2) Most women, unless they are a stereotypical gay icon or a drag queen

3) Anyone they deem not talented enough for the success they're having.

4) Anyone whose movie career takes place outside of the 1940s

5) Any singer after 1986

6) Closeted gay men

7) Out gay men

8) Anyone who doesn't make their own pasta, bread, mayo and laundry detergent.

9) Lesbians who are not femme

10) People who date

Since Rhi Rhi falls under a couple of those categories, she never really stood a chance on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

R11 knows his/her DL.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

Both R&C look like trash and the fact he beat her up and she took him back make them trashier...

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

A lot of DL'ers are too old to keep up. That includes me, I'm pushing 50. But I heard a Rihanna song on RuPaul's Drag Race a few weeks ago that I liked. I'll get around to downloading her stuff eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

No known talent.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

I think she's very talented, but I do wish she would find the courage to break away from Chris Brown. Or kill him. He's the one who should be universally loathed.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

OP, she's a dumb bitch who has decided to go back to a woman beater. He's just an all around obnoxious, abusive asshole.

My mother always says "you are known for the company you keep". If you hang around trash, people will think you are trash.

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013

R11, you forgot to add: People who remain in abusive relations

by Anonymousreply 1803/17/2013

OP, enough. Rihanna is not hated here.

R11, while your list has some merit, you obviously spend waaaay too much time here.

by Anonymousreply 1903/17/2013

I dont like RiRi stans, they are just as needy as she is. Rihanna is good as a musical act, I like quite a few of her songs, but Im not a fan of how she conducts her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 2003/17/2013

R11 could have compiled that list after 3 minutes on the DL, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2203/17/2013

She wouldn't be the first celebrity or abused woman, for that matter, to go back to her abuser. I think that is a cop out to dislike her just for that reason. And as for how she conducts her personal life, do you pull back the curtains on all of your favorite celebrities personal lives to see how they're living?

Quite frankly I am not a Rhianna fan, but I just despise weird double standards about celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 2303/17/2013

[quote]And as for how she conducts her personal life, do you pull back the curtains on all of your favorite celebrities personal lives to see how they're living?

Yep. That's what Datalounge is for.

by Anonymousreply 2403/17/2013

She's a totally manufactured personality, shoved down the throats of the public at every turn. I picture huge boardrooms of people brainstorming about what to do with her next ("Another bikini photo?" "Nah, we just did that"). Lite-skinned, nice body, passable voice, cool name.

But that's not enough to be a Star. You have to have that certain magic. And she doesn't. Even the fake abuse stuff can't make Miss Dreary interesting.

Therefore she is camp.

by Anonymousreply 2503/17/2013

Does anyone want to start a thread about Camille Paglia's hilarious tongue bath of Rihanna in the Sunday Times Magazine?

[quote]Why Rihanna is the New Diana [...] Diana’s anguished helplessness and isolation inside the royal family, with its stoical code of duty, led her to gravitate toward the ever-hovering paparazzi, whose global power as a media institution increased exponentially because of her popularity… The problem is that, in this era of social media, Rihanna in her fury of tainted love has tools ready to hand that Diana never dreamed of. Instagram, for example, a photo-sharing program with a palette of special-effects filters, allows Rihanna to send personal pictures to friend and foe in the blink of an eye, without the mediation of professional photographers. It is autobiography written by a volatile mix of impulse and mood...

Oh, Mary! Sorry, Camille, but her Instagrams are just not that fascinating.

I'm amused to see Paglia winding down her career with such a pathetic attempt at being hip and edgy. It's reminiscent of when she announced back in the 90s that the already well past-it Steven Tyler was "The New Mick Jagger".

[quote]The speed of Rihanna’s self-documentation from dawn to dusk accelerated in the months following her reunion with Brown last October. The climax was an extraordinary holiday melodrama during which Rihanna cooled her heels in a luxury rental in Barbados. Provocative photos of Rihanna lolling in skimpy beachwear followed forth, soon followed by darker shots of a morose Rihanna pacing a balcony, for all the world like Diana pining in lonely abandonment at the Taj Mahal.

What an empty life this woman must lead to read this much into dumpy pap shots of Ri on a hotel balcony.

Most of the article is behind a pay wall, but there's enough ripe bloviating there to inspire a few cruel, hearty laughs. Seriously, I see sharper writing about pop culture on here than Paglia ever managed.

by Anonymousreply 2609/27/2013

Girl takes a licking and keeps on ticking

by Anonymousreply 2709/27/2013

She creeps me out for going back to

by Anonymousreply 2809/27/2013

The music is good, but her self-publicity is a half-wit throwback to blaxploitation movies of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 2909/27/2013

[quote]she stays strong

You mean she stays entrenched in her ignorance. I love translating "ghetto speak".

by Anonymousreply 3009/27/2013

Because she's a pretty black girl from the Islands. They love Gaga here because she is ugly.You notice Ryan Murphy only hires fat black women for his tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 3109/27/2013

Owes her career to Chris Brown notoriety and autotune.

by Anonymousreply 3209/27/2013

She is just a singing stripper and not a very good one.

by Anonymousreply 3309/27/2013

I'm not prejudiced against her, but has she ever sung a really good song?

'Umbrella' is one of her songs i like, but i don't like her version. I loved this song when i listened to the Manic Street Preachers version, which really rocks.

by Anonymousreply 3409/27/2013

R25 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 3509/27/2013

I like her. I like her music, I think she's really pretty, I (usually) like her style, and she seems like a sweet girl. I hope she gets some help for whatever psychological issues caused her to defend and protect Chris Brown, but I can't hate her for that, just pity her and hope she wises up soon.

by Anonymousreply 3609/27/2013

Bad girl Rih Rih? Gets into twitter wars and loves to shade people. Infamous wars with Ciara, Teyana Taylor. But she never bores me. Tons of girls were out at the same time she was but she is the only one still around.

by Anonymousreply 3709/27/2013

I like some of her songs, but she puts out CDs so often now that most of the material is terrible. TALK THAT TALK was one of the worst things I've heard in a while. Most of it was variations on "I'll be your ho".

Her voice is OK - she doesn't have that much range (Beyonce is actually a much better singer). She's an average talent that rose by being the product of smart producers.

But she needs to slow down, and do fewer songs where she portrays herself as a cum dump for her man (though that's a problem with a lot of female-based R&B music).

by Anonymousreply 3809/27/2013

She can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 3909/27/2013

She's a no talent whore who needs a good bitchslap every now an then.

by Anonymousreply 4009/27/2013

r37, I was just laughing at this tweet Sandra Rose posted from Rihanna's twitter fight with Teyana Taylor this week.

Really they are both closeted lesbians that just want each other!

by Anonymousreply 4109/27/2013

She should actually do more Raggae. Pon de replay and "Man Down" were among her best. Yup she should slow down because all of her songs are sounding the same. Even the pop tunes

by Anonymousreply 4209/27/2013

Because she's a fifth rate Grace Jones wannabe pretending to be a second rate Grace Jones.

Boomerang! was on last night and, I have to say, Grace was FABULOUS!

Why don't any of Ru's Drag Racers emulate Grace? Is it the wigs they crave?

by Anonymousreply 4309/27/2013

[quote]Why don't any of Ru's Drag Racers emulate Grace? Is it the wigs they crave?

Most of them are too dumb to know pop culture history. Remember when they all threw shade at Jinx for doing Little Edie in Snatch Game? Most of those girls are ignorant as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4409/27/2013

The DL'likes no one under 30

by Anonymousreply 4509/27/2013

She can't really sing, but she's got some good songs, she's hot, and she's entertainingly bitchy on Twitter. I really don't ask for that much in my pop stars. Count me as generally pro-Riri.

by Anonymousreply 4609/28/2013

I like some of her songs, but...she HATES GAYS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4712/11/2013

[quote][R11] could have compiled that list after 3 minutes on the DL, [R19].

No, he couldn't have. You lose.

by Anonymousreply 4812/11/2013

She was a star before she was an artist. And all those dumb bikini pics.

She's growing on me. I like some of the stuff she's done recently.

by Anonymousreply 4912/11/2013

whenever i hear her songs and watch her videos/pics/shows i really start to think that all that Illuminati stuff you read on the net must be true. everything she does seems so soul-less, vulgar and some kind of shady, even for today's abysmal standards of "pop music". Don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 5012/11/2013

She's a skanky azz black bitch that's why. Not too bright either.

by Anonymousreply 5112/11/2013

Because she sucks ?

by Anonymousreply 5212/11/2013

What is not to like about Rihanna? It is one of Fleetwood Mac's best songs.

by Anonymousreply 5312/11/2013

Better her than cunty perry

by Anonymousreply 5412/11/2013

Tattoo trash with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 5512/11/2013

Ugh, Perry is a major bitch, who doesn't allow drivers to look at her.

by Anonymousreply 5612/11/2013

She's not particularly hated on DL either. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 5712/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.