Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A Hollywood meets Broadway Blind Item!

10 years ago - thereabouts - an A list Hollywood star comes to Broadway's the toast of the town - someone alerts him that a handsome Broadway performer of note has listed him as his "Broadway crush" in some inane Broadway based question and answer interview on some Broadway based website.

The Broadway performer is straight, (never any rumors), married with children either born or about to be. He can be edgy - even iconic - but ten years ago he has returned to a turkey playing on Broadway that he originated. The Hollywood star reads the article - sends flowers to the Broadway Star and says "Dude - lets meet up after our shows...dude". Now - The Hollywood Star has a movie out making decent money.....is the toast of New York...has a wife and kids at home...and is gay.

The Broadway Star said yes at once to the invite ...I mean - his wife (not in town)loves the Hollywood Star's movies...

Boys Night....

The two stars go out...they drink...talk...do some coke...do some pot..some major pushing and flirting from the gorgeous Hollywood star to the reluctant to cheat and really reluctant to go homo Broadway Star and somehow the Broadway Star's dick falls into the Hollywood stars mouth....it happens

...cut to 2 months later...the Hollywood star is set to be a special surprise guest at a huge Broadway fund raiser and asks to see the list of who else is performing ...lo and behold there's BROADWAY STAR'S name on the list..scheduled to sing his iconic duet...The Hollywood star cancels at once...When asked about it months later...he tells the story to a friend saying he felt awful about what happened and was so mortified about it - he didn't want to face Broadway star.....

by Kim Stanleyreply 3203/18/2013

Zzzzz

by Kim Stanleyreply 103/16/2013

Can we get the three-sentence version, please?

by Kim Stanleyreply 203/16/2013

Around 2003, gay movie star, married with children, appears on Broadway ("toast of New York") and seduces straight male, "edgy" Broadway star who is appearing in a revival of a "turkey" that he originated. Movie star is ashamed and avoids Broadway star at a benefit in which Broadway star performs "his iconic duet."

The Boy from Oz was playing at this time so it's pretty obvious who the movie star is.

by Kim Stanleyreply 303/16/2013

Well to narrow at down what shows have been running at least 10 years...phantom...anything else?

Although the blind item doesn't say when this took place.

by Kim Stanleyreply 403/16/2013

oops never mind it says 10 years ago....

by Kim Stanleyreply 503/16/2013

Burke Moses in Beauty and the Beast?

by Kim Stanleyreply 603/16/2013

Adam Pascal was temporarily playing the role of Radames in Aida during the summer of 2004 toward the end of Boy From Oz's run. He originated the role in 2001.

He has an iconic duet--from Rent.

He's married with children.

He is handsome.

Just saying.

by Kim Stanleyreply 703/16/2013

On September 20, 2004 there was a major benefit for the Actors Fund--a concert performance of Hair at The New Amsterdam featuring many performers then starring on Braodway. Among the performers: Adam Pascal. Mr. Jackman did not appear.

Just saying

by Kim Stanleyreply 803/16/2013

It's confusingly written but I don't think Hollywood Star has any Broadway experience aside from seducing the straight actor. And Jackman has tons of rumors so he can't be the Broadway actor who got seduced.

by Kim Stanleyreply 903/16/2013

This is Kathleen Chalfant. They just changed the gender to throw everyone off.

by Kim Stanleyreply 1003/16/2013

It's Jackman. The Hollywood star could not be the toast of the town without appearing on Broadway. The BI is clear that both actors are in shows at the same time.

by Kim Stanleyreply 1103/16/2013

Congrats! r7, r8.....Here is ca link to Pascal crushing on Hugh

by Kim Stanleyreply 1203/16/2013

Poor Deb

by Kim Stanleyreply 1303/16/2013

Blind items are a lot more fun when they give you enough information to actually figure them out.

by Kim Stanleyreply 1403/16/2013

Has Pascal really never dipped his toe in the gay waters? He's a musical theater performer, for crissake.

by Kim Stanleyreply 1503/17/2013

So how do we know this? Did Pascal blab?

by Kim Stanleyreply 1603/17/2013

These blind item posts are always such pure bullshit. What asshole would go out of his way to write such a thing?

by Kim Stanleyreply 1703/17/2013

I doubt the veracity of this blind item. Not for one second do I believe Hugh Jackman AND Adam Pascal would randomly take cocaine and marijuana. First, even if I can see Adam maybe doing it, I doubt Hugh would - he is too anti-drug and clean-looking for this sort of thing.

And how likely is it either would do it during the run of a Broadway show?

by Kim Stanleyreply 1803/17/2013

[quote]And how likely is it either would do it during the run of a Broadway show?

Dear sweet naive r18....you weren't around Broadway in the 70s and 80's were you?

by Kim Stanleyreply 1903/17/2013

From a big Broadway benefit in 2005. The blind item says about ten years ago or thereabouts.

I think the Pascal guess is THE guess.

As for Broadway people not doing coke or pot during the run of a show, how about DURING the show.

Been on Broadway much?

by Kim Stanleyreply 2003/17/2013

Now that people figured out the Broadway star, care to share the scoop as to how you know this or more details?

by Kim Stanleyreply 2103/17/2013

1. I do not believe that this is true, although it is certainly plausible.

2. I do not believe for a second that given Adam Pascal's background and the scenes he used to run in before Rent that he wouldn't have ever had a same sex experience. Keep in mind he was not a theatre guy when he got Rent, he was an under the radar rocker who they cast when they couldn't find a Roger. He was recommend by Menzel. He was such a poor actor that they blocked the show so he'd sit on that table alot. The words to One Song Glory were taped to that table, that's why the character sits there. Anyway, enough.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2203/17/2013

If this isn't true, what a bizarre story to make up seeing that Pascal has sort of disappeared.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2303/17/2013

The poster left out an important piece of info.

R J A

He's told this story all over town.

Hell! Barbra and Jason have even heard it.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2403/17/2013

You heard what OP said, I just opened my mouth and it fell in. These things happen.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2503/17/2013

Yah, r19, int the 70's and 80's like you said. We're talking about the 2000's here, grandpa. Times have changed.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2603/17/2013

Who is R J A?

by Kim Stanleyreply 2703/17/2013

Who the hell is RJA?

Richard Jay Alexander?

by Kim Stanleyreply 2803/17/2013

[quote]I do not believe for a second that given Adam Pascal's background and the scenes he used to run in before Rent that he wouldn't have ever had a same sex experience.

I know it may be hard for you to believe but there are a few straight guys that actually live their entire lives without ever having a same sex experience. He grew up in Syosset Long Island along with Idina and Oscar winner Natalie Portman is from there too.

by Kim Stanleyreply 2903/17/2013

Probably not in musical theatre circles, R29. It's one of the few arenas, aside from prison and a secluded desert isle, where same-sex pressure is incredibly difficult to avoid.

by Kim Stanleyreply 3003/17/2013

[quote]Probably not in musical theatre circles, [R29]. It's one of the few arenas, aside from prison and a secluded desert isle, where same-sex pressure is incredibly difficult to avoid

But he didn't grow up in that environment. And believe me Syosset isn't a hotbed of homosexual activity. He was already married when he auditioned for "RENT" his first theatrical experience. He was a solo rock artist.

by Kim Stanleyreply 3103/17/2013

Where does it say that the Broadway actor had never had any same-sex experience? One doesn't need to be a homo virgin to be reluctant to go there.

by Kim Stanleyreply 3203/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.