Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do other countries have trailer parks?

Or is that a uniquely American thing?

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

I was thinking of the same sort of thing for homes in England. Why do they all look like public housing? Are there in single family homes that look like American homes?

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

I haven't the slightest idea, but there are very exclusive areas, like the street on which Richard and I reside and where we raised our Sheridan.

He's in university, you know.

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

We have some in Canada but not nearly to the extent you have in the states.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

In the British Isles, I know there are Gypsy and Traveler trailer parks.

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

They have them in the UK (American style trailers) but they're mainly used as "holiday homes" for people who want to have a cheap residence by the sea during the summer.

The Irish Travelers do live in caravan settlements, but these are usually the type you can actually pull behind your car, not the "mobile homes" that are found in the US which are stationary in a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

I'm also curious about English houses. They windows are tiny and dismal looking and the rooms are smallish and seem to always have doors closing each room off from a hallway.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

They're called caravan parks in the UK, rather than trailer parks. And they are temporary housing, not permanent housing developments like in the US. They mostly are used or camping at seaside areas.m

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

A caravan park in the UK is like an RV park in the US. They don't have stationary trailer parks.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

Doesn't Rooster live in a trailer in "Jerusalem"? Or did he live in a van?

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.