Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'I’ve known you were gay since you were six, I’ve loved you since you were born'

I know The British 'Daily Mail' is considered v. homophobic, but they've featured this article about an accepting Dad's message to his son, very prominently and the comments section is mostly very positive and supportive.

Anyway, more important is the actual letter which I thought would be of interest.

(I apologize if this has been posted already...I did a search).

by Anonymousreply 1107/11/2013

It made it's way around Facebook yesterday. I thought it was beautiful and it did choke me up a bit.

My parents are supportive but not that supportive. And I never had a boyfriend at that age (I was in my 20s before I even got my first kiss... it was a different time).

That kid is lucky.

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

It's fascinating that The Daily Mail even wrote about this. Have they had any editorial changes recently?

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

[quote]It's fascinating that The Daily Mail even wrote about this. Have they had any editorial changes recently?

They have been a number of gay friendly articles in more recent times and definitely pro-gay comments from readers.

by Anonymousreply 403/17/2013

W&W for R6. Besides, parents don't deserve kudos for doing right by their kids.

by Anonymousreply 603/17/2013

r5 = bitter sad and lonely.

by Anonymousreply 703/17/2013

I don't think this is real. And if it is, it's kind of creepy. Why couldn't the dad have let his son come out in his own good time? Plus, listening in on the phone call? Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 803/17/2013

I love this.

When I told my dad I was gay (22 years ago!) his response was "I love you, you're my son, and I will love you no matter what you do. Please don't become a serial killer."

My dad rocks.

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2013

[quote] I know The British 'Daily Mail' is considered v. homophobic

They aren't considered homophobic. They ARE homophobic

[quote] but they've featured this article about an accepting Dad's message to his son, very prominently and the comments section is mostly very positive and supportive

They didn't really write this article. They stole it from another source (Yahoo, Facebook and other sources) and posted it on their website hoping to bump up web traffic

by Anonymousreply 1006/30/2013

And you are retarded, R10--- that doesn't stop you from posting!

by Anonymousreply 1107/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!