Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you deal with not being liked?

I have a room mate who obviously does not like me. She does her best not to avoid me at all costs. I've made a number of attempts to befriend her. I hate to admit it but it really bothers me that I am not liked. It makes home feel uncomfortable. How do you deal with not being liked? Does it bother you a lot when people give you the silent treatment?

by Anonymousreply 2003/21/2013

As long as someone likes you don't worry about it. You don't like everyone do you? I like myself and don't care if others don't like me.

However, with a roommate something is wrong here. I suspect it isn't because she doesn't like you and she may not. Sounds like resentment for one reason or another. Have you asked her what the problem is?

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

R1 no I haven't. We barely interact with each other. We've never really interacted but recently it's getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

Is moving soon an option?

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

I honestly think it's our difference of our attitude R1, I'm very loud and boisterous in personality (I'm not noisy at home though because I have 3 room mates) and she's extremely introverted and quiet and when she talks it's in a pitifully slow and nagging voice.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

R4, unfortunately no.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

How well do you get along with the other two?

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

R7, I get along well with the other two. It's just her and it really bothers me because she gives me the silent treatment at times and now she completely avoids me.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

Can the three of you stage a hostile takeover and kick her out? Can you afford it?

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2013

No because she gets along with the other two fine, it's just me for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2013

OP, your posting from the Bad Girls Club aren't you? Just snatch her weave.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

How the heck did you become roommates ?? Is it your place or hers ? If it's yours, tell her to leave and find a better roommate. If it's hers, do the same. Tell her you're leaving and finding a better roommate. You're not sharing a prison cell for pete's sake.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2013

There's your answer in r5. As an introvert myself sometimes you loud and boisterous types can be exhausting. She may feel self-conscious around you since she's quiet by nature and may feel like you are judging her negatively for not sharing your personality traits.

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

Just remember

U can't control someone elses behaviour

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

OP, perhaps you're being too self-conscious about her not liking you that you're giving off psycho roommate vibes. Don't try to force a friendship. Just be yourself but tone down the volume. If she's shy and introverted then it takes her longer to warm up to people, and these types are usually hesitant to assert themselves in the presence of louder personalities.

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2013

I've never been in demand. I think it's because I tend to lie and cheat. So, when someone makes an overt negative comment about me, I just agree and say, "You are so right." This almost always throws them off balance. I'm no prize, but there are worse people in the world, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 1603/16/2013

You totally demonize 47% and try to deceive the rest.

by Anonymousreply 1703/16/2013

She sounds like my dream roommate! I love introverted roommates that stay the hell to themselves and don't try to constantly forge a friendship. Some people just want a roommate to split expenses with, nothing more. I've had female roommates go psycho on me because I wouldn't "hang out" with them. And for that reason, I've stopped living with females. My best roommate ever was a guy who--I swear to God--would come home from work and shut himself in his bedroom until the next morning when he had to leave again (I think he was addicted to World of Warcraft or some shit). He wouldn't even come out for food. It was bizarre, but wonderful! It was like I had my own apartment at half the cost. I certainly didn't take any offense to it.

by Anonymousreply 1803/16/2013

I explain how my oscar intimidates most women.

by Anonymousreply 1903/21/2013

Are we talking about a person, or is this room mate a cat? Either way, perhaps the room mate detests needy people.

by Anonymousreply 2003/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.