Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Visible Minority In Love With White Racist! What should he do?

From Dan Savage Column. Interesting for a discussion here!

I met a guy on an online sports forum, and I've fallen for him. And from what I can tell, he's fallen for me. The problem is that early in our relationship, he expressed certain attitudes about race that caused me to not be 100 percent honest with him. It turns out that he dislikes men of color and feels they are responsible for many of the problems in this world. Upon discovering this, I claimed to be white and even went so far as to use Photoshop to make myself appear white in the pics I sent him. I'm not black, but I am not white. And now that our relationship has come to the point where a meeting is planned, I am absolutely distraught. He is always so kind and loving, but when he makes comments about "ashy knees" and "big ethnic noses," I cry inside. We've been together for a while, and I know he loves me, but I fear that he might not see past my skin color. He's young and Canadian, and I believe that he can overcome this. How do I go about confessing? Do I just show up to meet him at LAX, smile, and hope for the best?

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013

First off, an online relationship is NOT a relationship.

I would get a lot of sun, op, and let him know that you are black and you are beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

If you want a white racist's perspective, Dan Savage is a great place to go for advice!

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

What should he do? Come clean and forget about the motherfucker.

Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

There will be tears.

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

What is most shocking is that the white guy is from Canada.

We are such a tolerant, multicultural country.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

R5 Are you fucking kidding me? I've met many Americans and they are much more tolerant than Canadians. I don't know understand why Canadians are under the impression that they are tolerant or even nice.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

R6 Canada has same-sex marriage. America doesn't.

end of story

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

Dan's reaction is essentially the same as mine: send him pics, then get the fuck out of that unrelationship.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

[quote]I claimed to be white and even went so far as to use Photoshop to make myself appear white in the pics I sent him.

[quote]I am absolutely distraught. He is always so kind and loving, but when he makes comments about "ashy knees" and "big ethnic noses," I cry inside.

My, my. So many of Dan's letters are Extra Special Treasures, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2013

I agree, R9. I think one of our Enchanting Story Tellers has made the big leagues.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2013

LMAO @ R9 & R10

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

It's possible, r10, but I think it's more likely Dan Savage makes up many of the letters in his column, such as this one. It's just Ever So Tantalizing.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2013

Get Nev and the Catfish crew on this one!

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

I don't know what it is about me, but I never gave a good god damned about another persons race.

In fact in my younger, sluttier days a good friend of mine used to tell me I was doing the International Club. Black, Asian, Latino, White guys, it didn't matter.

The only line I draw is Republicans and conservatives, can't tolerate either even if the sex might be mind blowing.

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

Agree r6 I am Canadian and although our manners are better there's a ton of assholes & racists lurking.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

Bullshit fantasy DL post.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

I'd lick his hole

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.