Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steve Carrell and Jim Carrey: THEIR COLLAPSE IS COMPLETE

"Incredible Burt Wonderstone" BOMBS. It will barely make $11 million this weekend.

And can Hollywood stop casting Olivia Wilde? She's box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

It shocked me that they would release a film with such an unmarketable title.

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

Every time I see the commercial for this, I think: "Where have I seen this before?"

And...every time it comes to me, I saw it done much better and much funnier on "Arrested Development" with Gob and his magic tricks and with Buster as his beautiful assistant.

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

Hey, bitches, I'm still #1 at the box office.

At the bottom of my heart, I know you really, really do still love me.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

It's mostly Carrell that I like seeing collapse. He became ridiculously rich for his mediocre, sitcom-level abilities. I haven't liked most of Carrey's movies but at least he did that gay movie, and called out Letterman on his show for acting like a snickering adolescent about it.

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

You could smell the stink off this just from the trailer.

I can't believe how anybody signed up for this movie thinking it would be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

R1, I was going to say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

He has one of the great hairy chests and he had to shave it for this role. That's why the movie is a bomb.

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

OP, Was anyone who's seen this movie offended by the "gay jokes" that IMHO were in very poor taste and totally not funny?

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

R8, I'm not "Peter Puffer," I'm a straight female and I honestly don't find crass gay jokes or minority jokes at all funny.

R9, Interesting deduction but still offensive.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

Wow, only 39% on Rotten Tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

R12, It's Steve Buscemi's (sp) character that is the gay stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

That's funny. The New York Times and MSNBC both reviewed the film very favorably. I'll take their word over your sulfuric words any day, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.