Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Lauer To Jeopardy?

Sources told the Post that Sony, which owns the classic game show, is also considering CNN host Anderson Cooper as Trebek's replacement.

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2013

Sony owns it? I thought Kyle Richards owned it.

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

Hope it's Cooper, he's far more likable. Lauer only made sense during the twisted Bush era when his fratboy douchiness was considered cool.

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

Cooper actually was never approached for this but he would be a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

Deadline Hollywood reported that "Jeopardy" also approached NBC's Brian Williams and NBC Sports' Dan Patrick about replacing Trebek when he retires in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

Trebek is a freeper scumbag, hope he drops dead before 2016, he needs to vacate immediately.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

That would be a major downgrade.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

NBC "talent" must be going for fire sale prices.

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

Please go to the Jeopardy website and voice your disapproval of replacing Alex with this idiot. Link is below. I won't watch anymore if he is chosen. I love the show but my intense dislike of that arrogant fool would outweigh my enjoyment of the program.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

Raya responds to the news:

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2013

Can Matt Lauer make wooden and awkward small talk with the contestants and give deer in the headlights reactions to their answers? I think not.

Can Matt Lauer proudly read clues in horrible Canadian French? I think not.

Sorry, but it takes real talent take the most boring and socially inept contestants on television and come across as being even nerdier than they are. Matt Lauer can't begin to fill those shoes.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2013

Interesting analysis r10, maybe Trebek won't be as easy to replace as everyone thinks. I know you meant it as a joke but it rings true.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

I know they do 5 shows a day when they tape, so a week per day, so Alex is working approx 50 days per year. How do they schedule that? Is it done in 2 week blocks, or a month straight or what?

I read some posts on here from contestants that make it sound like they waited a long, long time to have their episode broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2013

Merv Griffin's ghost will come back and haunt them if they spend the kind of money it would take to get a Matt Lauer (or any of the other names I've read being thrown around).

I could see someone like that NASA spokesman, the ex-astronaut, or Neil deGrasse Tyson, the Hayden Planetarium guy before I could see a known personality.

If we must have a celebrity, then Jim Parsons would be a hoot, and I'll throw in Kal Penn and Wil Wheaton just for kicks.

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

Wouldn't Trebek be pulling down big numbers by now? They shouldn't spend anymore than that on a replacement, but Lauer and Anderson are both experiencing a career decline, and might not ask for more than Trebek anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

This means Trebek has cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!