Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Coulter claims that as far as gay conservatives are concerned, she's the "right-wing Judy Garland." Sweet Jesus.

"Homocon was a meeting for GOProud members on September 25, 2012 in New York City. Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal and GOProud donor, hosted the event at his home in the city. Ann Coulter was the headline speaker at this meeting. Coulter declared herself as the "right-wing Judy Garland". Christopher R. Barron, the co-founder had said, "Among gay conservatives, she is an icon. We could not think of anyone who we would want to party with more."

Coulter told the audience that she did not support gay marriage and that marriage is not a civil right. Coulter also criticized sex education in schools. Barron defended Coulter against some critics, explaining, "Homocon 2010 was a complete and total success. GOProud set out to throw a great party, not hold a policy event, and that’s exactly what we did."

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

From Wikipedia . . . and it doesn't sound like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Ann Coulter opposes same-sex marriage and supports a federal US constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Ann insists that opposing same-sex marriage "wasn't an anti-gay thing." and "It's genuinely a pro-marriage position to oppose gay marriage."[75] She also opposes civil unions as well.[76] When addressed with the issue of rights granted by marriage she said "Gays already can visit loved ones in hospitals. They can also visit neighbors, random acquaintances and total strangers in hospitals – just like everyone else. Gays can also pass on property to whomever they would like."[77] She disagreed with the US Supreme Court's 2003 Lawrence v. Texas because she claims there is no right to sodomy in the Constitution.[78] She also disagreed with repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell stating that it is not an "anti-gay position; it is a pro-military position" because "sexual bonds are disruptive to the military bond."[79]

In Ann's 2007 book If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, in the chapter Gays:No Gay Left Behind!, she argued that Republican policies were more pro-gay than Democratic policies. Ann Coulter attended the 2010 HomoCon of GOProud, where she blasted same-sex marriage and stated "is not a civil right — you're not black."[80] At the 2011 CPAC, during her question and answer segment, she was asked about GOProud and the controversy over their exclusion from the 2011 CPAC. She boasted how she talked GOProud in dropping its support for same-sex marriage in the party's platform and said that "The left is trying to co-opt gays, and I don't think we should let them. I think they should be on our side." and "Gays are natural conservatives."[81] Later that year, Coulter joined advisory board for GOProud. On Logos The A-List: Dallas she told gay Republican, Taylor Garrett, that "The gays have got to be pro-life," and "As soon as they find the gay gene, guess who the liberal yuppies are gonna start aborting?"[82]

by Anonymousreply 103/16/2013

Dear Gay Conservatives,

You're sick.

P.S. Sick,sick,sick.

by Anonymousreply 203/16/2013

GoProud reminds me of the Jewish Kappas in the concentration camps who herded the other Jews into the gas chambers, until one day it was their turn to be herded into them.

by Anonymousreply 303/16/2013

I can see Ann dying of a drug overdose while sitting on a toilet. How's Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

[quote]GoProud reminds me of the Jewish Kappas in the concentration camps who herded the other Jews into the gas chambers, until one day it was their turn to be herded into them.

As opposed to Jewish Thetas, Pi Phis, or Tri-Delts?

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

Like most rightwing personalities, she's a grifter. She knows the gay market is a good one. A lot better than the trailer enthusiasts that she courted before.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

R3 The Jewish concentration camp guard of whom you speak was called a Kapo.

A Kappa is an American sorority girl. Where and when I went to college, a Jewish girl had no chance of becoming a Kappa.

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

Rush Limbaugh is the right-wing Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

Only one Judy Garland and she was a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 903/17/2013

[quote] Among gay conservatives

All five of them?

by Anonymousreply 1003/17/2013

I wonder if she'll have that long blonde hair when she's in her 60s? 70s?

by Anonymousreply 1103/17/2013

That has to be a wig.

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

I thought Thiel was a hard-core libertarian: invested in that Seasteading venture: an offshore oil rig where rich indulgents can live out their free market fetishes. I guess that wouldn't include marrying whom they want?

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

Ann Coulter is a lesbian and says the word dumb a lot, which is kind of dumb. She is wrapped up a little too much in the day to day of this life. She does make a decent living from her book sales and she does have a following. She is difficult to read in my opinion because her criticisms are so scathing. The author of seven New York Times bestsellers —Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America (January 2009);If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans (October, 2007); Godless: The Church of Liberalism (June 2006); How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004); Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right (June 2002); and High Crimes and Misdemeanors:The Case Against Bill Clinton (August 1998). Click thru to URL and much more info provided. Thank you Sandra Bullock and Jamie Jones

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

[quote]Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal and GOProud donor, hosted the event at his home in the city.

Thiel proves that you can be a billionaire and still be dumb as a box of rocks. How delusional and self-loathing can a gay person be that they would invite an anti-gay cunt to speak at their little event? And on top of that, pay her a fee to come?

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

Ann hangs with two groups of people. Men she wants to fuck and her gay male friends.

She is a hard drinking weed smoking party broad.

If any of you ever saw her away from a TV camera you would choke on your own vomit from the shock. I'm not saying she doesn't do tremendous damage to rational progressive causes, but I am saying that she does it for the money. Diabolically shrewd...wickedly funny and a total slut.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2013

If she really wants to be like Judy then she should have died by the age of 47.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2013

Boozehound, druggie, and made up like a drag queen. I think she has a point.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

Ugh, every gay Republican I've ever met is so riddled with internalized homophobia that it cripples them emotionally. They're also lousy lays.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!