Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gov. Chris Christie calls African-American man ‘boy’ during town hall meeting

The GOP racists are really coming out of the woodwork...........

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

He never could restrain himself...

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

I wonder why he didn't say "I hear you, sir, yeah, I hear ya" (with a smarmy smile) like politicians usually do?

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

"You're a racist for calling me a racist! Only racists think about racism! Why are you trying to make something of nothing? Only racists make something of nothing! Do you hear me, boy?"

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

I think it's a pretty cheap shot. I'm sure I've said "boy" in conversation to lots of peolpe, all white. There are lots of reasons to criticize Christie, but I don't think this is serious.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Typical racist right winger showing their true colors. I never jumped on the Dem's "we luv Christie" bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

Good thing, r7; the wheels on that thing are strained enough already.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

While I'm certainly no fan of The Fat One - I'll be in that (I fear only) 40% who will vote for Barbara Buono come November - I'm not convinced he meant "boy" in that way, as a noun. I think he meant boy the way some people say "boy oh boy."

However . . .

What [italic]should[/should] be discussed is what he said to the press when he recently referred to Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver over her blocking an Assembly vote on a particular education issue, when he argued her position should be otherwise given she's an African American woman representing East Orange & Orange.

As Oliver later bristled, her positions are based on her beliefs, not on her race or gender.

BTW, both of Christie's battles - with the deacon in Paterson and with Oliver - are over the stupid issue of charter schools and vouchers, an issue revered by NJ Republicans.

BTW, at the link is a newsclip of the struggle The Fat One faced at the Paterson town hall meeting. (And BTW, I should add that Paterson's schools are run by the state.)

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

Oh, just call him a big fat fatty back.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2013

sorry about the italic screw up above.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!