Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Judge Judy Returns Fine China to Producer: I Refuse to Be Part of the Drama

Judge Judy Sheindlin is a no-nonsense woman on the bench — and apparently in real life too.

Days after the TV star was hit with a lawsuit for china she bought from her producer Randy Douthit on her syndicated show, she is returning the items in question to avoid further trouble, TMZ reports.

On Tuesday, Douthit's estranged wife, Patric Jones filed a suit claiming that he sold Sheindlin the couple's expensive Christofle tableware for only $50,000, even though Jones claims it's worth $514,421.14. Because the sale was done without Jones' consent, she claimed that Sheindlin should return the china or pay the rest of what she believes she's owed. "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me," Judge Judy told TMZ in a statement. "She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."

For now, it seems Judge Judy will not be compensated for the $50,000 she paid for the dishes and flatware. "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court," she continued. "Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time."

Douthit apologized to Judge Judy in a statement he gave to TMZ about the lawsuit. "The dishes and silverware that Ms. Jones describes as community property are being sent to me. I am truly sorry that was brought into this domestic dispute. She relied on my statement to her that the court had authorized the sale."

He also noted that, although his soon-to-be-ex-wife estimates the dishes are worth $500,000, their divorce judge values the items at approximately $125,000. "I agree with [my ex] that as community property she is entitled to half their value. She herself has valued them at more than $500,000. I do not want them and she is certainly welcome to have them as that is what she says she wants."

He added: "When I get the cashier's check for $250,000, I will deliver them to her." And we thought the disagreements on Judge Judy were catty!

by Anonymousreply 2403/16/2013

It all started to have the stench of a big stool in a china shop.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

JJ knew she was wrong. Rich people problems.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

I have bought and sold Christofle china. Can't imagine any of it being worth half a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

And it wasn't even safe for Kosher.

by Anonymousreply 403/16/2013

No, just no.

Judge Judy's move wad brilliant. It has only backfired on the wife and her lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

I'm definitely no fan of Judge Judy, but she handled this right.

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

Judy was just caught red-handed, that's the only reason she caved, bad PR, at first she was as bitchy as ever. Plus the husband is still being a jackass, saying he'll give the china back to her but only when he gets a 250,000 check, obvious proof that the wife is correct about him trying to hide their value from the settlement. He doesn't admit their worth 500,000 and maybe they aren't, who knows. But he does say they're worth at least 125,000 which is more than twice what he got from Judy. So why was it ok for him to sell them cheap to his boss without the wife's consent? Not to mention we're talking about china here, not usually considered the husband's part of a divorce settlement. The guy probably never set a table the whole time they were married, but now that they're getting divorced he wants those expensive plates to himself.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

It's not over r6, if he won't give the china back for less than 250,000, then he himself is valuing them at 500,000. So if he keeps them, then the 500,000 should be deducted from his half of the settlement. A judge isn't going to allow him to keep the disputed china as a freebee.

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2013

She knew she was fucked.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2013

That's weird, because I thought Kyle Richards owned that china.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

Who the hell is Judy to talk about very unpleasant women? Can't you just see the scowl on her face and hear her screechy voice when she said that? Talk about a complete lack of self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2013

The cunt obviously has a grand sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

True R12.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

R8 and R9, I don't read it as he really believes that is the value, and he was knowingly unloading them cheaply.

I think they both know very well it is not worth that much, so he is calling her bluff by saying, "if you really think they are worth that much then put your money where your mouth is."

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2013

The best is her parting remark that she and her husband eat out most of the time anyway. Classic!

by Anonymousreply 1603/16/2013

You're all wrong.

Wife claims dishes are worth $500k. That means she must be willing to pay $500k for them out of her share of the marital estate for that valuation to stick. She doesn't get his valuation. Either the lawyers will make a deal or the court will assign a value based upon some independent valuation. This is just how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 1703/16/2013

And r17, some are trying to spin this as a loss for the wife. How exactly would that be, because the court will assign a value based on an independent valuation, and that couldn't be more than the 50,000 the husband sold them for? The china is worth well more than 50,000, right there in the article it states:

[quote] He also noted that, although his soon-to-be-ex-wife estimates the dishes are worth $500,000, their divorce judge values the items at approximately $125,000.

Which means the wife will be splitting about 125,000, not 50,000, a net difference for her of about 40,000 (62.5 thousand = half of 125,000, minus the 25,000 she was going to get originally, half of the 50,000 he sold it for.)

by Anonymousreply 1803/16/2013

Why the hell is Judge Judy buying second hand china?

by Anonymousreply 1903/16/2013

She's just a poor working girl, r19. As she said, she'll have to eat out now that the bad lady made her give back all her plates.

by Anonymousreply 2003/16/2013

Even used Christofle is tres cher.

by Anonymousreply 2103/16/2013

[quote]Why the hell is Judge Judy buying second hand china?

She wasn't going to eat off of it. Bitch knows a deal when she sees one...Judy was likely gonna flip it on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 2203/16/2013

Well Judy baby wasn't too happy when she heard about the lawsuit.

"She told, which broke the story, "I have not seen any complaint by the former Mrs. Douthit, however, I don't owe this lady a cent. And if this 50-year-old woman would spend her time more productively at trying to find a job, instead of abusing the judicial system with frivolous lawsuits, we would all be a lot better off."

A Cunt Of The Highest Order who actually makes $25 million a year on frivolous lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 2303/16/2013

Put her to death.

by Anonymousreply 2403/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!