Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What a great time to be in Rome

When my partner and I booked our Italy vacation a few months back for next week, little did we know that it would coincide with the installation Mass for the new Holy Father.

I know we are going to have to arrive hours early to even have the slightest hope of getting into St. Peter's Square but, I'm sure it will be worth it to have the opportunity to witness this historical event.

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2013

Go choke on a calzone.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

As a Protestant I couldn't possibly care less.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

Will you be brunching with Frankie afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

I doubt there will be much to see, except for crowds and traffic.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Rome wasn't burnt in a day

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

It's always interesting to be part of events where you know that half the planet is watching but you're seeing it in person. I've been to some White House events, US embassy events overseas, and some events with foreign presidents and royalty. The pomp and pageantry are fantastic when it's right in front of you. Hope you have a great time, OP.

After the installation Mass, and St. Peter's is open to visitors, be sure to take the elevator to the roof. It's the absolute best view of Rome. You can also climb inside the dome to the cupola on top. I skipped that due to my concerns about when those old stairs had their last safety inspection. The elevator to the roof is on a side aisle, behind a pillar to the right of the altar (as you're facing the altar). The view is breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Link for the official bathhouse of the Vatican below.

I've been, and believe me you'll have quite the spiritual experience!

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

[quote]but, I'm sure it will be worth it to have the opportunity to witness this historical event.

I'm with you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

Who cares about caring? It's all about the pageantry. The costumes! The music! The red Pradas!

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

Yes, but you're forgetting the homophobic pope, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

The Holy Father doesn't want you or your partner to be there, OP. He does not find you to be a part of God's plan.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

Did you get to blow any hot priests op?

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

Holy Father says God's plan involves you and your partner joining him in a three-way.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

R15, you need some serious deep dicking.

by Anonymousreply 1603/19/2013

And yet, R15/R16 is on another thread feeling sorry for those Ohio rapist boys. Don't you have some altar boys to diddle, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 1703/19/2013

I should have killed myself the first time he put it in me.

by Anonymousreply 1803/19/2013

R14/15 is clearly a lost frau who just can't help but force herself on us gay people.

Even though she feels sorry for rapists and thinks that the Pope isn't hmophobic/sex outside of marriage is a sin, she really feels right at home y'all!!

by Anonymousreply 1903/19/2013

If there was ever a time for an international terrorist incident....

by Anonymousreply 2003/19/2013

One person's heaven is another person's hell.

by Anonymousreply 2103/19/2013

OP, are you a provocateur? Are you aware that the Pope has used the word devil in the context of your relationship? Are you aware that he thinks your relationship is one of the greatest evils in the world. He has used some pretty strong language to condemn folks like you and your partner. This is your "Holy Father".

I do not consider myself a follower of any particular religion. But a lot of what is in the New Testament is wonderful stuff to live by. There is nothing about a "Holy Father" or God's messenger on earth- nothing- beyond Jesus. Your Holy Father is a creation of the pre Middle Ages of a power structure that grew before the creation of the power of the state. That is to say, your church is as much about a relic of European power as it is about Christianity.

Your church also harbors the most corrupt bank in Europe- a bank that has been laundering blood money for decades from Nazi plunder or Jewish families to Mafia.

Some "Holy Father"- never mind his views on women, nuns, birth control, and pedophilia, and homosexuality among his cardinals, bishops and priests. Nothing wrong with homosexuality unless it is reality denied in it own midst.

The RC Church is possible one of the most corrupt institutions in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2203/19/2013

The Lord blessed us with such a beautiful day here. My partner and I had to wait a long time but, it was so worth seeing our Holy Father go around St. Peter's Square in the open jeep waving at the adoring crowd.

by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2013

Yup, you are a provacateur- you are not even in Rome. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 2403/19/2013

The Vatican owns property in Rome that includes a gay club/bathhouse. I wonder if any of the closet gays, like Cardinal Egan use it to release his tensions. I wonder if he ever visited glory holes in his civilian garb while he was tricking in Bridgeport or NYC?

by Anonymousreply 2503/19/2013

You better book ahead for the Vatican owned sauna as well. It will be steaming for coronation week!

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2013

OP, unless you and your partner are pre-pubescent little boys, skip Vatican City.

by Anonymousreply 2703/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!