Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will a 1995 Conviction for Reckless Driving Keep Me from Getting a Crappy $12 an Hour Job as a Leasing Agent for an Apartment?

What do you think? I really need this job, and I disclosed the whole thing to them, that I was actually arrested in 1995 for DUI which my attorney got reduced to a reckless driving. It was 18 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

You don't have to tell them it started as a DUI. You can claim you were having an allergic reaction to something and swerved into a hedge.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

Nevermind. I re-read and see that you stupidly disclosed "the whole thing." You're too dumb for the job. Check Wal-mart. They might need a greeter at the door.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

They expect you to lie on your application, and if they don't, who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

Did the charge remain a felony? If not, the question usually is, have you ever been convicted of a felony. The answer would be no.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Can you write or tell them how that single event turned your life around or more determined? That you learned a tough lesson early in life and point to major contributions, successes or other things that stem from that one event. I'm thinking since you fully disclosed it, you should exploit it and not be a victim of it.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

See, there were two questions: Have you ever been charged with a felony or misdemeanor and b) Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.

Since I was technically charged with DUI, which is a misdemeanor, yes I had to disclose it. The State filed a Bill of Information (a formal charging document). However, the DUI was disposed of by Nolle Prosequi once I pleaded to reckless driving.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

DUI doesn't count, you should have skipped that part.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

No, I'm sorry but you're wrong. I asked an attorney.

I was CHARGED with the DUI so I had to disclose it, even though it was dismissed after I was CHARGED with it. That's what a nolle proesqui is.

An arrest is not tantamount to being charged. Nevertheless, the State CHARGED me with DUI, then dropped it when I pleaded to Reckless driving.

That said, I had to disclosed the DUI. I was only convicted of reckless driving.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!