Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steve Harvey: Hollywood is racist

Attributes his success to prayer.

by Anonymousreply 3211/21/2014

He's not wrong about the racism, but wasn't Mr. Harvey quoted recently as saying, "If I learn someone's not a Christian, I won't waste time talking to them"? Maybe he's not the the person to be talking about tolerance and diversity right now.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

He's had a mildly successful career while being extremely unfunny. So his argument, while possibly true, doesn't really apply to him.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

I like Steve Harvey and think he's really funny, but damn does he like to tell people what to do.

by Anonymousreply 503/16/2013

[quote]"If I learn someone's not a Christian, I won't waste time talking to them"? Maybe he's not the the person to be talking about tolerance and diversity right now.

and maybe he's not a Christian

by Anonymousreply 603/16/2013

If only 13% of Americans are African-American, than that is the predictable percentage of resources devoted to black actors, themes and movies. Is shrieking "Racism!" the only solution? I mean, there is some math involved, no?

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2013

Harvey has a scary vibe about him...he's so "sunshine and light" on his show, but I get a feeling he's a monster behind the scenes, someone who terrifies his staff.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2013

Hollywood is, and will always be, incredibly racist, sexist, and homophobic.

The only thing it has managed to conquer is antisemitism. And even that took some time.

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2013

"Unfunny, unattractive, fat black man?"

Just curious R10: Why fat "black" man? Trying to understand your logic.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2013

No surprise: Obama's election has shown that 40+ percent of this country's citizens are horribly racist.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2013

[quote]I think that would be the only good thing about being a black person. If things don't go your way, you can always say it's because you're black. I know it is a terrible thing to say, but you know it's true

You are pondscum of the lowest common denominator. I don't even think you're a human being.

by Anonymousreply 1303/16/2013

He hosted a revival of Family Feud that didn't last long. I'm no prude, but I thought it was really annoying how practically all the questions were looking for double-entendre answers. The public must've agreed since his version only lasted one season.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

Hey R3:

I think that would be the only good thing about being a GAY person. If things don't go your way, you can always say it's because you're GAY. I know it is a terrible thing to say, but you know it's true.

All that bullshit you're spewing is that same bias and bullshit people say about us as gay people. I'm guessing you wouldn't agree with so many of us who see Hollywood as also being HOMOPHOBIC.

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2013

I see your point, R16, but it is true that if you are Black in Hollywood, your chances are that much harder to get work. That's just the way it is. Which is the reason why it's a good thing for black artists to write their own scripts.

by Anonymousreply 1703/16/2013

What about all the black tv shows on the air, that don't even have a person of any other race, couldn't that be considered racist

by Anonymousreply 1803/16/2013

R14, what are you talking about? Family Feud is still in production with Steve Harvey hosting. Ever since Harvey took over hosting duties from John O'Hurley in 2012, FF's ratings have increased by 40%.

by Anonymousreply 1903/16/2013

[quote]What about all the black tv shows on the air, that don't even have a person of any other race, couldn't that be considered racist

That's not completely true. Black shows such as "The Game", "Moesha", "Martin", "For Your Love" and several of those black-dominated reality housewife shows have featured whites as regular cast members. Even Tyler Perry's sitcom/soap "For Better or Worse" has Eddie Cibrian as a main character. Also, those shows were created due to a lack of minority faces on major network shows, just as Jet, Essence and Ebony magazines were created due to a lack of faces of color in and on the covers of major magazines.

With people like Shonda Rhimes now becoming major power players in Hollywood, i.e., black creators of popular major network shows that feature minority actors and actresses in major roles, things are definitely changing.

by Anonymousreply 2003/16/2013

[quote]I'm black and I apologize if I offend anyone. Hollywood is a town about making money and looks. It is an equal opportunity discriminator. Hollywood, for all it's faults, has never fucked with blacks, the way Christianity has fucked up blacks.

Are you serious R4? Hollywood has totally fucked up black people's heads over the years...

by Anonymousreply 2103/16/2013

Steve Harvey is all over the place. He is probably the most successful daytime talk show host since Ellen DeGeneres, and his version of Family Feud is riding high.

by Anonymousreply 2211/17/2014

I don't think gays exist in Steve Harvey's universe, or non-Christians for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 2311/17/2014

This from a sexist who's prejudiced against atheists?

by Anonymousreply 2411/17/2014

Harvey now has a dating site, Delightful.com. Parent company of Match.com.

He hosts his own talk show, writes books that sell, hosts Family Feud. He has reinvented himself. Now an entertainment host and relationship "expert".

Net worth as of 2013 was 100 million.

He has done well for a mildly talented black man in a racist industry.

by Anonymousreply 2511/17/2014

I seem to recall him doing his standup routine on "The Kings of Comedy" where he constantly used to word "sissy" when telling a tiresome joke about gays.

by Anonymousreply 2611/17/2014

But he is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2711/21/2014

The sissys here are just showing theyself to be jealous!

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2014

"I don't think gays exist in Steve Harvey's universe, or non-Christians for that matter."

It's true. We're just sad, freakish outcasts that deserve pity at best- scorn at worst. We're not visible in their megachurches (but if we showed-up, Jesus would cleanse us of that affliction).

The nelly church organist who lives with his mother and "hasn't found the right girl" exists outside their radar.

by Anonymousreply 2911/21/2014

Steve is pro gay marriage, and came out in favor of it several times on his radio show.

Stop thinking just because someone is black automatically makes them homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 3011/21/2014

R17 of fucking please. You can be beautiful and young but too short and you won't be a supermodel. You can have a pretty face but 100 pounds overweight and you won't model dresses. You can be any color and the perfect height and weight but an ugly face so Brad Pitt got the roll instead. Not everything is about skin color. Take the blinders off. So delusional. One of the best tv shows right now Scandal. We have a black President. Not everyone is racist. Though some people do take offense to things such as The Black Music Awards. BET channel and awards. White Chicks was a riot but could be offensive to the overly insensitive. Nick cannon doing white face was offensive to many, but overlooked by many more. Affirmative action is just wrong, and definitely racist, but not much to be done about that one But hey, if everything isn't 100% YOUR way, all the time, just yell racism. GROW UP.

by Anonymousreply 3111/21/2014

*role*

by Anonymousreply 3211/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.