Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No premarital sex on television please, lawmakers urge

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - A number of Idaho lawmakers are targeting a topic they say should be taboo on television - premarital sex.

And they're taking a symbolic stand.

Lawmakers are against references to premarital sex in dramas, comedies, reality and talk shows as well as advertisements.

"We need to take a stand and stand up for for the morality of what is best for the citizens of Idaho," said Rep. Darrell Bolz, (R-Caldwell).

The measure that easily passed the house state affairs committee would urge the federal government and the FCC to prohibit the portrayal, even implied, or even the discussion of premarital sex on TV between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

The measure that's moving forward is not a bill. Under the rules of the Idaho Legislature, it's called a Joint Memorial and is simply a symbolic statement.

People KBOI News talked with call the effort a waste of time.

"I think its infringement on freedom of speech, don't want the government telling me what I can or cannot watch," Viola Hauck of Boise said.

Supporters say the Idaho Constitution requires government to protect the virtue and purity of the home.

by Crazier by the dayreply 603/15/2013

I love the TV station call letters: KBOI

by Crazier by the dayreply 103/15/2013

Sharia law ... Wait until the Islamists want their way...

Slippery slopes

by Crazier by the dayreply 203/15/2013

Whoa! This will put a lot of sitcom writers out to pasture. They can't write anything that doesn't refer to trashy sex.

by Crazier by the dayreply 303/15/2013

Let's name a show that has no connection to premarital sex!

"Iron Chef"!

And, uh.... damn, it's a short list.

by Crazier by the dayreply 403/15/2013

Keep it up, crackpots - I just love it when you show just how out of step you are with the real world.

by Crazier by the dayreply 503/15/2013

(The wingnut crackpots in Idaho, that is)

by Crazier by the dayreply 603/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.