Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The richest man in the world is from Mexico

I find it hard to believe that someone from a developing country can accumulate such a large amount of money. Is he stealing from the poor? Do you find this unethical and extremely hard to believe?

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

His company, América Móvil, is multinational—Tracfone, Net10, Simple Mobile, and Straight Talk are all part of it.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

Not hard to believe at all, OP.

You've obviously never been to Mexico (well, maybe you've been to Cancun). If you had, you'd realize that there are a great many very wealthy Mexicans and a large Mexican middle class.

And you don't have to be from a developing country to steal from the poor. A great many of the wealthiest people in the U.S. and Western Europe do just that.

Finally, a large amount of natural wealth is found in developing countries, and a great many people who capitalize on it are citizens of those countries.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

Latin America is a lot like Africa in that many of the people who are of the more wealthy class tend not to be indigenous to the area.

Carlos Slim is of Arab descent and born into wealth. I also hear that he doesn't spoil his kids - they've gotta work for a living.

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

How do you think they get rich? They move to underdeveloped areas and exploit them.

Oldest song in the book.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

I thought maybe he owned Taco Bell

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!