Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anti-smoking Nazi 'frau

My office has temporarily relocated its package-pickup spot to an area of the building only accessible from one door, opening to the outdoors. I was in line today when I heard a shrill, schoolmarm-y voice yelling at a kid who's probably an intern to immediately put out the cigarette he was smoking. She threatened to call the police on him and said she'd done it many times before.

I turned around to see the 'frau for myself. She fit the DataLounge caricature to a T: fat, middle-aged, *horribly* dressed in some ridiculous flower-print smock. Although I don't smoke and never have, I do happen to know our city's smoking ordinance, so I told her: "Ma'am, while smoking is indeed prohibited within 25 feet of a building entrance, the party that is penalized for code infractions is the building owner, not the smoker. So: unless you're intending to nark on our employer, I'd kindly suggest you remove the stick from your ass and quit harassing this poor young man." She looked at me for a few seconds, shell-shocked, then stormed off in a huff. The kid merely said, "Dude, you are AWESOME."

I don't normally even *care* about 'frauen activities, but this bitch really had it coming!

by Anonymousreply 12212/20/2013

The nice young man still ain't gonna let you suck his dick, OP.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

There's no apostrophe in front of frau. It's not short for anything.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

Huh? Fraulein

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

"Hausfrau" is German for "housewife." "Cubefrau" is a DLism that is also acceptably shortened as "'frau."

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Good for you, R5. We'll send her to your cubicle so she can try to convert you from your godless ways. Jesus, who she loves, doesn't like mos.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

There goes your invite to MichFest.

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

It's just "frau." No apostrophe. It means a married woman.

Would you put an apostrophe in front of 'wife to indicate a contraction from housewife? No. Same with "frau."

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

Thank you OP! I think this is the same woman who passed me biking to work one day. I was having a leisurely ride with a friend when she came up behind us and started ringing her little bell. As she pulled alongside, she shouted, "Move to the right!!" We were the only people around. No cars.

BTW, not knowing smoking is no longer allowed on cruise ship balconies, a maintenance guy onboard came into the room and explained the smoking rule by saying to me and the BF, "We're not going to let you people burn down another one of our ships."

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

Why can't smokers just quit? There is nothing good about smoking.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

R10, this is not a thread about semantics. A wife is not the same thing as a housewife, and "frau" (minus apostrophe) simply means "woman" in German; since I am specifically referring to a housewife, not a woman in general, I put an apostrophe before 'frau.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

Oh, sure, R13/OP. Whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2013

Then you do so incorrectly, r13

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2013

Well, R16, you'd be very surprised how many smokers exist outside your world. I see how you picture me. Can you imagine how I picture you?

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

Smokers can quit, that's true. And the nasty assholes shrieking about them will continue to be nasty assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

And the nasty assholes are ALWAYS holier-than-thou ex-smokers.

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

Why do you smoke, R11?

Do you think it makes you look cool?

Do you think it makes people want to be around you?

Do you think it makes people want to kiss you?

Are you so rich you like burning money in such an ostentatious manner?

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

I quit.

Now I'm fat!

Which does DL hate more? Fatties. Or smokers?

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

Would a cubefrau be a Würfelfrau?

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

R20, I can't really answer that. Have you ever smoked? Have you ever asked yourself why you feel free to make judgments about other people who don't act the way you do? You're so glib. I have an active social life with smokers and non-smokers. I've smoked all my life and enjoy it. But I guess my number one answer would be that I smoke to keep people like you away from me.

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2013

I used to smoke, and now I know this to be true more than ever:

Smokers are more fun.

by Anonymousreply 2403/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2013

The frau was in the right, OP.

Maybe not about the ordinance, but it was both correct and kind of her to tell that young idiot to stop blowing nasty-smelling fumes into the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2013

Thank You [R23]! I'm a smoker also. The judgement choir of non or reformed smokers does wear thin pretty quickly.

I'm courteous about smoking near people who I think might be non-smokers or who could possibly offended by cigarette smoke, but it seems a certain group that feels it's their right/privilege/duty/calling to seek us out and lecture us always has to get involved.

One thing I've noticed - these folks are usually heavy or look plain miserable. Frequently a combination of the two.

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2013

OP actually gave her an ironclad excuse for firing the guy. His personal behavior was creating a liability for the company. I'm sure she was lying about calling the police, too.

by Anonymousreply 2803/15/2013

If you're a typical smoker, R27, your concept of "near" bears little relationship to the reality of the way smoke travels.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2013

R30 needs to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 3103/15/2013

[quote]Second-hand smoke kills, though, and unlike many other factors, I can control how it affects me.

Yes you can. By LEAVING.

by Anonymousreply 3403/15/2013

"Smoking affects my health."

I love that one. Look, the days of smoking in confined quarters are gone and never going to come back. The likelihood of passing passive second hand smoke causing your illness are right up there with all the other pollutants in the world around you. It's so ridiculous to advance that argument. A lazy, sanctimonious, stupid argument to make.

And while you whine about the smoking smell that isn't entering the office, spare a thought for those of us who have to smell some of the shit you people microwave for lunch... let alone the shared fridge.

by Anonymousreply 3503/15/2013

Or by slapping the living fuck out of you, R33, and other selfish Republican turds. Welcome to 2013, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3603/15/2013

"And yes, I know a smoker will be along shortly to say, "Well, what about..." and "How about..."."

Well, he certainly predicted the appearance of the ancient libertarian R35.

by Anonymousreply 3703/15/2013

Get over it bitches. You can't control walking past cars and having to smell their exhaust either. I don't even smoke but it is fact of life that will occasionally happen and I can't understand why someone would find the need to be so obsessed about it.

You might smell shit in the world you don't like it, boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 3903/15/2013

[quote]"Ma'am, while smoking is indeed prohibited within 25 feet of a building entrance, the party that is penalized for code infractions is the building owner, not the smoker. So: unless you're intending to nark on our employer, I'd kindly suggest you remove the stick from your ass and quit harassing this poor young man."

OP, I seriously hope you didn't say that. I'm cringing with embarrassment for you. Grandstanding in a ridiculous prisspot way in front of some intern isn't as cool as you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 4003/15/2013

R36 how in the hell did you get republican from that?

Out down the crack pipe please. Oh and be careful who you call a bitch. Someone might punch the shit out of you for it.

by Anonymousreply 4103/15/2013

[quote]Fuck smokers. I will always call them out... Their selfishness endangers my health. Second-hand smoke kills, though, and unlike many other factors, I can control how it affects me. I like to minimize the risks from it whenever possible.

r32 is telling you NOW so she doesn't have to tell you THEN.

She has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 4303/15/2013

R42 based in trolldar and your rage may I suggest you seek counseling.

Seriously smoke a cigarette and chill out.

by Anonymousreply 4503/15/2013

[quote]Maybe not about the ordinance, but it was both correct and kind of her to tell that young idiot to stop blowing nasty-smelling fumes into the workplace.

He wasn't "blowing fumes into the workplace," numbnuts. He was standing a good ten feet from the door. There wasn't any strong wind that day. And the only part of the "workplace" he was near was the 8x12 temporary package room, staffed by one man (who is, yes, a smoker and undoubtedly didn't give two shits).

by Anonymousreply 4603/16/2013

[bold]No Clear Link Between Passive Smoking and Lung Cancer[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 4712/19/2013

Who the fuck bumped this shit?

by Anonymousreply 4812/19/2013

Dear Penthouse Forum: I never thought anything like this would happen to me . . .

by Anonymousreply 4912/19/2013

"Second-hand smoke kills"

Not reliably.

by Anonymousreply 5212/19/2013

R8 -- if he can carry on an intelligent conversation, I'll take him!

by Anonymousreply 5312/19/2013

...and here are the DL frauen.

by Anonymousreply 5512/19/2013

What a charmer you are, R54. Its not that THEY want your dick, but that YOU desperately want to have sex with THEM.

by Anonymousreply 5612/19/2013

I am neither a smoker nor a Republican and I find anti-smoking Nazis absolutely repellent.

I do not empathize with their militant and controlling paranoia nor do I tolerate it. Smokers, on the other hand, are perfectly welcome to light up in my house. There are so few of them these days that it rarely occurs, while entitled anti-smoking assholes are legion.

by Anonymousreply 5812/19/2013

Two sides of the same coin, R54.

That which we despise in ourselves, we find most repulsive in others.

Two sides. Same coin.

by Anonymousreply 5912/19/2013

The kid was outside. And fuck you, R1, you stupid cunt.

I don't smoke but I can't stand these shrill bitches who try to control the world like it was their dinner party. Way too many of these entitled idiots in the world. "It's my right not to be near your outdoor cigarette smoke..."

Glad you set her straight, OP. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

by Anonymousreply 6012/19/2013

R60 illustrates my point beautifully

by Anonymousreply 6112/19/2013

*Ringing his bell*

Move to the right!

by Anonymousreply 6212/19/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6312/19/2013

OP, it's NARC, not nark. It's short for narcotics officer or narcotics agent. Think before you type. Words mean things.

by Anonymousreply 6412/19/2013

R52. W&W.

by Anonymousreply 6512/19/2013

What a ridiculous story.

by Anonymousreply 6612/19/2013

Second hand smoke may be unpleasant but it isn't hurting you, R67. That's a paranoid fantasy you are spinning for reasons best left unsaid.

by Anonymousreply 6812/19/2013

Thank you, R63, agreed. These are the same control freak fraus that come to the theatre right when the movie is starting (or late) and then try to rearrange people on their rows so her brood can sit together or whatever ("Would you mind moving down?" I have learned to say, "Hell, no.")

I can't believe anyone would find what OP did wrong but, then, I can't believe half the stuff I see out there anyway. Take your pills and mind your own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 6912/19/2013

[quote]Fuck all of you smokers and smoker symapthizers. I don't want to smell smoke.

First they came for the smokers....

Then they came for anyone wearing perfume, cologne, body wash, etc...

It never ends.

by Anonymousreply 7112/19/2013

[quote]in the doses normally experienced walking a block on a city street, say, car exhaust doesn't smell nearly as nasty as your cigarette exhaust.

Okay, R50. I'll sit in an enclosed garage with 20 chain smokers and you can sit in an enclosed garage with 1 running car. After a few hours we'll each exit and compare notes on how it went.

by Anonymousreply 7312/19/2013

W&W for R73! You made me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 7412/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 7612/19/2013

Get some rest, R75. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 7712/19/2013

I am far more against Control Freaks who want the world to cater to them. True assholes and, yeah, 99% fraus.

I smelled a guy's pipe smoke the other day and it smelled fantastic, like a carnival or something. Considered taking it up but he assured me it didn't taste nearly as good as it smelled.

by Anonymousreply 7812/19/2013

R79 the guy in your story died of cancer. There is no possible way you can say with any degree of accuracy that his cancer was caused by second hand smoke. Ad hominem doesn't work here. There is a lot of research that shows genetics is the biggest determinator of cancer. It is entirely possible to have cancer and never have sat on a bench within 500 feet of a smoker. I would absolutely guarantee you that the guy's doctor would never be able to say he died as a result of second hand smoke. If he did he'd be a charlatan and should lose his licence.

I have never smoked but I am so very tired of self righteous whiners who claim smokers are arrogant and yet they can't see the irony of their own arrogant demands. Smoking isn't illegal.

by Anonymousreply 8312/20/2013

Can't believe you bitches don't know the proper usage and spelling of "Frau."

by Anonymousreply 8412/20/2013

Please, R85, entertain us with your proof that your imaginary friend had cancer caused by second hand smoke. Please explain to us how it is possible to prove what triggered cancer in a person. You'll get a Nobel prize if you can because nobody else has been able to.

by Anonymousreply 8612/20/2013

I'm going to START smoking just to piss that R75 twat off....

by Anonymousreply 8712/20/2013

I'm a former smoker so I understand how idiots harass smokers. As a former smoker I don't get mad at smokers, I just feel sorry for them that they are slowly killing themselves.

I switched to e-cigs 8 months ago. The thing that I can't stand is the idiots who act like vaping is the same as smoking and that it's just as dangerous. Sometimes they will even cough and gag as if it's actual smoke. I can't stand them. They will complain and make businesses not allow people to vape in their stores. I seriously can't stand them.

by Anonymousreply 8812/20/2013

Hasn't secondhand smoke been linked to lung cancer?

by Anonymousreply 8912/20/2013

It's never killed anyone, r76, and R73's challenge is right on point. The anti-smoking Nazis are under the deeply mistaken impression that anything they find annoying and/or unpleasant should be banished from the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 9012/20/2013

Let me chime in here.

Second hand smoke is a problem but only a problem if it occurs in a confined space and you are frequently exposed. The people who originally came down with health problems from second hand smoke were flight attendants exposed to smoke aboard planes, waiters/waitresses exposed at work, and the spouses of people who smoked at home.

However, if you are just walking buy a group of smokers then it doesn't count. If your exposure is just in passing it doesn't count. It has to be repeated exposure over a lengthy period of time.

Please remember that lung cancer is not only caused by cigarette smoke. The second leading cause of lung cancer is radon exposure. Radon is a radioactive gas that can seep into your home from underground. It is heavier than air so it does not disperse easily. Everyone should install a radon detector in their homes along with a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector. The inhaling of substances, such as asbestos, can also cause cancer.

by Anonymousreply 9512/20/2013

I'm a smoker. I realize I am probably cutting 10 years off my life span. I don't want to die but it is infinitely preferable to being 85 and incontinent. So there.

by Anonymousreply 9612/20/2013

some woman pulled this shit with my crazy brother. She said, "I'll have you know it's illegal to smoke out here". He was sitting on a half wall outside of some store. he rose up real fast and in a really deep voice he yelled, "shut the fuck up". The cow almost fell backwards trying to get away

by Anonymousreply 9712/20/2013

R96, Transition to e-cigs. You get the same satisfaction without the carcinogens. I smoked a pack day, sometimes three packs a day if I went out at night. I smoked for 20 years and have transitioned to e-cigs and haven't had a cig in almost a year now. It's wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 9812/20/2013

CDC stats are NOT from actual studies, not that R80 will give it a second thought. They are estimates from a computer programmed decades ago, programmed with assumptions that were found by actual studies to be erroneous.

The several largest studies on actual people, including those by the American Cancer Society and the World Health Organization (WHO), have not found statistically valid risk beyond a very small increased risk of lung cancer to someone who cohabits in close quarters with a smoker for over 30 years.

ACS and organization like them find that such studies do not bring in big money, so they continue to knowingly flog stats they have known for years are invalid.

by Anonymousreply 10012/20/2013

"If second hand smoke exposure is a significant risk factor for developing lung cancer, then we should expect to see increased numbers of cancer cases in non-smokers who are exposed to regular doses of second hand smoke. Has there been an increase in the incidence of lung cancer among nonsmokers over the last 40 years? The answer is quite simply… No.

Data from national mortality studies show that rates of lung cancer among non-smoking women remained stable between the 1950’s to the 1980’s (very few women smoked during those years) and didn’t rise until substantial numbers of women started smoking in more recent years."

"At the behest of Congressman Henry Waxman (D-Ca), the Congressional Research Service (CRS) spent two years examining reports... regarding second hand smoke and lung cancer (Redhead and Rowberg, 1995)...

The CRS examination of the various studies concluded that someone exposed to significant second hand smoke — a spouse for example - might increase their risk of dying from lung cancer to 2/10 of one percent, while those who are exposed on the job would have less risk: 7/100 of one percent."

"...the World Health Organization International Agency on Cancer published a report concluding that there was no statistically significant risk of lung cancer in non-smokers who lived or worked with smokers (Boffetta, et al, 1998). This study was the product of ten years of data gathered from seven European countries."

"The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) withdrew a 12-year-old petition that smoking be banned from all indoor workplaces. The withdrawal was based on a lack of evidence."

"Mayor Bloomberg of New York City proclaimed that bartenders inhale the equivalent of half a pack of cigarettes a day. In fact, a study from the U.K. showed that the average London bartender inhaled the equivalent of six cigarettes annually (about one quarter of a pack). (Matthews and MacDonald, 1998)"

by Anonymousreply 10212/20/2013

Ahhh. I see R101 is from the Palin Fact Farm. On holiday break, eh?

by Anonymousreply 10312/20/2013

Wow. What a flame war we've got going here.

Looks like holiday stress is getting to a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 10612/20/2013

[quote]rates of lung cancer among non-smoking women remained stable between the 1950’s to the 1980’s ([bold]very few women smoked during those years[/bold])Bullshit. Women smoked plenty, at least from the '60s on.

by Anonymousreply 10712/20/2013

I agree R109.

I quit 12 years ago - and can honestly say I've missed every cigarette since.

by Anonymousreply 11012/20/2013

[quote]Did anyone suggest it isn't an ADDICTION, [R109]? That's so obvious, it doesn't need to be stated.

I suppose I took r108's question as evidence he wasn't thinking of it that way.

by Anonymousreply 11212/20/2013

[quote]I suppose I took [R108]'s question as evidence he wasn't thinking of it that way.

I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 11312/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 11412/20/2013

Once more for the stupid people

New research

[bold]No Clear Link Between Passive Smoking and Lung Cancer[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 11612/20/2013

R109, With the invention of e-cigs you don't have an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 11712/20/2013

I'm old (56). I've never smoked. My parents were both heavy smokers, and died of smoking-related illnesses. I've never had a LTR with a smoker. My boss always grabs a cigarette before a meeting and sitting near him gives me a headache.

Some of these young guys who hang around outside clubs and restaurants look so fucking hot when they smoke, I'd pull down their skinny jeans and blow them right there

by Anonymousreply 11912/20/2013

Will will see Supreme court challenges to smoking laws now?

"Public Health" was the anti-smoking nazi's battle cry as they banned it on private property.

by Anonymousreply 12012/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!