Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Actors, Botox and furrowed brows.

Why would an actor get botox to paralyze their brow when it's so intricately involved in acting?

Many actors have deeply embedded brow lines like Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, who have very deeply embedded brow line/lines, and then, Jack Nicholson (two lines closer to his inner eyes), Al Pacino, etc.

Interestingly, Sean Penn doesn't, although I highly doubt he gets botox because the rest of his face is very wrinkled.

Anyway, how can actors/actresses act with botox treatments? As the link will show you, paralyzing the brow lines can effect the emotions involved in anger and sadness.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Also, I didn't want to start another thread but I noticed the whiter a person's skin, the more likely to wrinkle, IN GENERAL. Black people don't show their age as much as white people, it seems, as if their skin is a little tougher.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

They are more interested in not looking like actual human beings than they are in convincingly portraying actual human beings.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

I believe more work is available to a botoxed actor, than to one with deep forehead wrinkles.

Casting people will take a look at a picture of someone with forehead wrinkles, and will say "Nah, we're looking for somebody younger/hotter", even if they're casting the role of an immigrant grandma. Looking younger will make a wider range of roles available, even if the botox keeps one from giving the best possible performance.

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

It's far worse than mere Botox.

Take a look at actors of earlier generations and the variety of statures, physiognamies, speaking voices, even the wearing of eyeglasses.

Today, too many actors/-resses seem similar, certainly (Lena Dunham excepted) in build.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Leonardo seems to do fairly well. So does De Niro

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

Actors are not supposed to age. It's insane.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.