Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I used to just smoke schwage. Weed is weed, I'd say.

But then I got a new dealer who always had the best dro. He'd pull out his illuminated box, with all of these different strains. It was beautiful. He'd let me sample them, and then I'd get a gram of all of the different ones I liked.

I used to spend about $70 for an ounce and that would last me a month.

Now I'm spending $500 a month and I don't care because DRO is so much better.

My favorite strains:

White Widow Sour Diesel Sensi Star Grape Ape Ogre Kush

What are some of your favorites?

by Anonymousreply 8903/31/2013

Commas are a wonderful invention.....

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

Christ, is this how tiresome weed "connoisseurs" will be when marijuana is legalized?

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

[quote] I don't care because DRO is so much better.

In what way, so much better?

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

Tooty Fruity is my love

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Dro is too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

OP, I think you mean "schwag." No "e," hon.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Stop trying to make "'dro" happen. It's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

r7 EVERYONE i know calls it dro.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

WTF is dro?

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

HyDROponically grown marijuana,

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

I've been trying to find some with very low or no THC. I need the pain relief not the high.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

I'll take anything I can get. Everyone is into meth where I live and most don't bother to deal in weed.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

$70 an ounce is shit weed.

$400/oz for dro and about $250/oz for mid-grade.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

Without the THC you will not have any relief.

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2013

Its only two o'clock and I am dreaming of 4:20....

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2013

How can you "sample" multiple varieties at the same time? Or does your dealer live in your spare bedroom?

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2013

I need the cheaper but decent weed so I can tcob. No need for wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

$70 for an once? An ounce for me is about $550. I haven't paid less than $50 for an eight since the 90s. You must have been smoking some epically shitty weed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

Shit, it used to be 35. an ounce when I was in college.

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

How much does pot cost in the legal "dispensaries"? Certainly not $500 an ounce (I hope!).

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

has anyone ever heard of purple haze?

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

Wasn't Purple Haze something from the 70s—like Acapulco Gold?

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

In Bay Area dispensaries, an 1/8th costs between $35-60.

Pre-rolled joints range from $8-12.

Edibles vary but roughly go from $6 for a brownie up to $20 for hi-potency THC chocolate bars.

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2013

I pay $50/eighth from my guy on the street but $350 if I want an ounce. Dispensaries offer no such discount on bulk, they want your tax dollars!

by Anonymousreply 2403/15/2013

Weed today is much more potent than when it cost $35 an ounce.

by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2013

Maui Wowie

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2013

Ho hum....

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2013

[quote]Commas are a wonderful invention.....

Actually, I put breaks in between the strains, but I guess they didn't take. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 2803/15/2013

Yeah, it WAS pretty shitty weed. I didn't know what I was missing, though. Like I said, I was pretty much of the "weed is weed" philosophy.

Dro+vaporizer = the best high.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2013

[quote]Weed is weed, I'd say.

What a stupid philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 3003/15/2013

In the 190s I used to get Thai Stick on the stick, but that was a LONG time ago.

Little store on the UES (not the Bodega).

by Anonymousreply 3103/15/2013

Yeah, man. That's a stupid philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 3203/15/2013

{quote]Weed today is much more potent than when it cost $35 an ounce.

Not really imo. Sure, you might've gotten stuck with subpar weed when it was dry though. The primo varieties are too expensive now. It's just pot.

by Anonymousreply 3303/15/2013

[quote]Weed is weed, I'd say.

I've never had the luxury to shop a wide selection, but different strains have different effects on your mind and body. When it's legalized the tobacco companies are going to have fun with branding. I can't wait for the advertising.

by Anonymousreply 3403/15/2013

What kind of stoner thinks all weed is the same?

That's like saying all booze is the same. Wine, beer, grain alcohol, 30 year-old's all the same.

Ah, no.

by Anonymousreply 3503/15/2013

Chem Dawg is the best for anxiety relief. I pay $200 per ounce from the grower. He gives me second trim free.

by Anonymousreply 3603/15/2013

The booze analogy is not entirely apt. Some people care a great deal about the complexities of the flavors of wines and whiskies. However, few would claim that different qualities of wine affect their buzz. Not too many people are concerned with the flavors and aromas of their weed. (Though this may change.) It's all about the quality and nature of the buzz.

by Anonymousreply 3703/15/2013

[quote]Not too many people are concerned with the flavors and aromas of their weed.

That's not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 3803/15/2013

Those strains all seem to be evaluated on the basis of the psychic effects, R38. There are no flavor or aroma parameters.

by Anonymousreply 3903/15/2013

But isn't THC, THC?

by Anonymousreply 4003/15/2013

R39, if you read the reviews on them, people do go into those things.

Plus, a lot of the strain names are named after the way they taste or smell.

by Anonymousreply 4103/15/2013

Yes, R40, but there are other psychoactive chemicals in weed.

by Anonymousreply 4203/15/2013

The reason hemp, or marijuana, was prohibited in the 20th century was to suppress hemp fuel and fiber production. Hemp seeds make biodiesel fuel. Hemp biomass makes ethanol. Hemp makes more biofuel than any other plant. Hemp produces more fiber than any other plant. There are two types of fiber in a marijuana stalk or stem, the bast fiber, which is the outer bark, and the hurd fiber, or the inner woody core. According to the US Department of Agriculture's Bulletin 404, a waste product from making canvas, rope,lace and linen from hemp bast fiber, this hemp hurd fiber alone, makes over 4 times more paper than trees. Hemp paper is acid free, for a long shelf life, and produced without toxic chemicals. According to Washington State University's Wood Sciences Lab, hemp fiber board is stronger than steel. When we allow farmers to grow hemp for its best fuel attributes, regardless of THC content, we will realign our whole economic system by replacing fossil fuel with biofuel. Hemp fuel and fiber are inexpensive to make and naturally decentralized. Small groups of people created the marijuana myth so they could profit from the expensive, capital intensive petrochemical alternatives that dominate our political process and economy today. Hemp will decentralize our economic system and return wealth and control to the majority. Cannabis & hemp were renamed marijuana in the early part of the 20th Century in a misinformation campaign designed by and to benefit the petrochemical pharmaceutical military industrial transnational corporate elite fascist ruling class. Cannabis prohibition has always been about money, power and the centralization of economic and political control. Drugs are a smokescreen. We don't need to fight wars for oil because our farmers can produce a superior product. It is really an issue of economic and social justice. Please work for and support global cannabis freedom: restore hemp!

by Anonymousreply 4303/15/2013

J'adore Green Crack and (suprise!) the fruity flavored ones, like Blueberry or Mango.

by Anonymousreply 4403/15/2013

R45...Pearl clutching drunk

by Anonymousreply 4603/15/2013

Jack Herer

Both about $65 an eighth in Venice, Calif.

Venice. Where there's a shop on every corner.

by Anonymousreply 4703/16/2013

"Sour Diesel" and "Chem Dawg". You boys are totally busted. I know that you live in SF. I'm watching you and can feel your paranoia across the internets.

by Anonymousreply 4903/16/2013

R49...Not in SF but in Northern Ca. Your paranoia comment is funny. No one, I repeat, no one is paranoid about cannabis here. The cops have much more important things to do. You are projecting your own paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 5003/16/2013

I get Sour Diesel and Chem Dawk in Brooklyn. Actually, I've become not such a fan of the SD - it makes me anxious and uncomfortable more often than not. One of the few strains that do that for me.

OG Kush is the other pretty ubiquitous one out here, though lately I've been enjoying the Girl Scout Cookie strain. Very occasionally they'll have White Widow or Northern Lights, which are my two favorites. But that's rare that they have those.

Oh that it could be legal so I could just go hang out in a coffeehouse with real people and get buzzed instead of being stuck in apartments with the same few people.

by Anonymousreply 5103/16/2013

Sour Diesel has a tendecy to make me a little anxious as well. Chem Dawg has the opposite effect.

by Anonymousreply 5203/16/2013

Just yanking your chain, r50. My inner teenaged Bay Area suburban dude from the '70s was being channeled by all this pot chat.

Now I'm old and have a medical card as a consolation prize for losing the cancer lottery.

Sour Diesel and Chem Dawg allowed me to hold down food during four months of chemo.

by Anonymousreply 5303/16/2013

Sour Diesel is a sativa. It's one of my favorite strains. It gives me a lot of mental energy, which I think when you're expecting to just chill on the couch can make you feel anxious. But it makes me happy and giggly.

Overall, I do prefer indica and hybrid strains.

White Widow is my favorite, but it's so rare.

by Anonymousreply 5403/16/2013

Sorry, to hear R49/R53, hope you're better now.

God Bless the Good Shit!

by Anonymousreply 5503/16/2013

R53...Glad they are working for you. Stay well.

by Anonymousreply 5603/17/2013

Thanks! Doing very well. Only smoke recreation-ally now. My next strain should be called "Lucky Bastard Kush".

by Anonymousreply 5703/17/2013

Twenty minutes until puff time...

by Anonymousreply 5803/18/2013

I've been enjoying a really good batch of Sour Diesel for a few weeks now. One hit, and I'm good for at least two hours. Oddly, I have very little desire to drink when I've had some Sour Diesel. Maybe one glass of wine or a cold beer.

by Anonymousreply 5903/18/2013

Denial: Feds Ignore Their Own Agency's Findings Around Medical Benefits of Marijuana

March 15, 2013 - By Amanda Reiman

In this week's "hypocrisy news," the federal government continues to deny the medical value of cannabis even in light of contrary claims by its own agency, the National Institute of Health.

More at link:

by Anonymousreply 6003/18/2013

What time is it?

by Anonymousreply 6203/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 6303/21/2013

Glad I'm on the east coast then!

by Anonymousreply 6403/21/2013

[quote] Little store on the UES (not the Bodega).

When I was in school in Detroit in the 80s I went with a friend to buy weed at a store near Mumford High School. It was ostensibly a music store, with one rack of a dozen yellowed pieces of sheet music, a small snack display and a counter and that was it. They didn't even try to hide what it was.

by Anonymousreply 6503/21/2013

It seems that weed has huge potential for treating symptoms of autism. Once parents start finding that out, legalization will be right around the corner. Hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2013

How much is a legal ounce of good dro in Washington and Colorado?

I pay $400-450 from my dealer, who I meet in a McDonald's parking lot. He usually has his 2 year old daughter with him.

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

How long does it take you to smoke that $450 oz?

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2013

R68, I mostly use a vape, which requires little bud, but I also have lots of friends over and I'm big on sharing. It can last me as long as a month or as little as 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6903/22/2013

I live in Colorado.

The standard price for mid-tier quality bud at a dispensary is $200. I don't go through the medical marijuana system because everything is dispensary quality here regardless where you get it from. I get top-shelf stuff for $220 an ounce but my previous work in the MMJ industry has provided me with good connects. Either way it's okay because now it is completely legal to carry up to 28 grams (an ounce) at anytime if you're 21 or older.

For the real cannabis connoisseurs out there, it's all about smoking hash oil. It's highly concentrated THC that is extracted and smoked with special glass equipment called an oil dome. Hash oil is way stronger than any weed strain you'll ever smoke. I tend to avoid it because I don't like the intensity of it but other stoners swear by it.

by Anonymousreply 7003/22/2013

I have smoked a few times many years ago. Tell me, what is the diff between great shit and everyday shit. It all seemed the same to me.

I am guessing it is like a fine wine

by Anonymousreply 7103/22/2013

Dispensary quality bud is about 14-18% in THC content typically. The stuff you get from your dealer at the McDonald's parking lot is closer to 7% in THC content.

If you were smoking weed back in the 60s, that stuff was about 1-3% in THC content. So yes the weed is much stronger than what it used to be.

Nonsmokers or people who smoke less than once a month can still tell the difference between schwag and dispensary quality when they smoke because it's literally twice as strong or more!

by Anonymousreply 7203/22/2013

Thanks R70!

by Anonymousreply 7303/22/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 7403/22/2013

Nice R74! Skywalker is my favorite strain. I'm beyond jealous of the oil situation you guys have going on in California.

by Anonymousreply 7503/23/2013

Took my dog out for a walk this morning and thought I smelled a skunk. It was my next door neighbor's brother-in-law who is visiting/house sitting from Oregon. He says to say "hi". I am now covered with baby oil, lotion, and cologne, and my ass is sore. Can't smell the weed anymore. Don't think he's going to leave for a few years and I'm OK with that. Am thinking of making us some french toast but don't feel like getting out of bed. He doesnt know what we smoked but it was good.

by Anonymousreply 7603/23/2013

Who's dick do I have to suck to get hash oil

by Anonymousreply 7703/23/2013

Just smoked some Neville's Haze. Good high.

by Anonymousreply 7803/28/2013

Jealous, I'm on the last of some good skunk. Need a new batch!

by Anonymousreply 7903/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 8003/31/2013

Anyone hear of popcorn weed? What exactly is it?

by Anonymousreply 8103/31/2013

r36, marijuana has evolved from saw-toothed leaves to whatever those clumps are. It doesn't even look like the same plant.

by Anonymousreply 8203/31/2013

The medical marijuana proposition passed before I moved back to CA so I wasn't aware of all its provisions, one of which is that people are able to grow up to six mature plants at once. I'm in the habit of taking a lot of long walks for exercise and would marvel about how many places I passed by smelled like weed at the oddest times. Like 8:00 in the morning or mid-afternoon. Really pungent stuff. I thought it was odd and assumed people were home and toking at up at all hours, when I read that people cultivate in their gardens. Wow. What a shift in attitudes, but it's caused a problem with intruders/thieves running through backyards in search of weed. Our city council is considering banning outdoor growth. It's not quite like growing prize tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 8303/31/2013

It's like a weed brownie R81. It's popcorn made with cannabutter and most often with some sort of caramel sauce to dilute the cannabutter taste. Other edibles made with either cannabis or hash you'll see at dispensaries are lollipops, tootsie rolls, cookies, muffins, olive oil.

by Anonymousreply 8403/31/2013

can you get high when you eat it in food like that?

by Anonymousreply 8503/31/2013

I think popcorn weed is like mid-grade. Not schwag nut not dro.

by Anonymousreply 8603/31/2013

If you are an infrequent smoker, then the edibles should work well. If you are a frequent smoker, not so well. I find the high to be different from a smoking high, likely a combination of the grade of weed used and the fact it's absorbed through the digestive tract over time. It's more of a "body high" after some mild, initial euphoria. It takes longer to take an effect and lasts longer. This is important to consider. Depending on how much is ingested, you could be looking at a 4-6 hour buzz. It's an investment of time.

One of the best is "Russian Concussion." It's THC mixed with almond milk and honey. It's very nice in a cup of tea in the evening. For some folks, a couple of teaspoons is enough, others use a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 8703/31/2013

thanks, R87. "Russian Concussion" sounds interesting.

I always found that regular weed did next to nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 8803/31/2013

It might be what you were smoking (poor grade). Another common issue is that novice smokers (as in never smoked anything before) have to learn how to do it. People have to learn to tolerate the smoke, scratchiness, and coughing to actually hold the smoke in the lungs where the THC and CBD (cannabinoid with anxiolytic/pain lessening effects) are absorbed into the blood stream. Some people can't smoke effectively. It is initially very unpleasant.

Of course, at the other end of the spectrum are heavy users who develop a tolerance and require a lot more smoking to feel effect. Some of these people go on a 2-6 week "holiday" so their tolerance diminishes again.

by Anonymousreply 8903/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!