Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Reuters Social Media Editor Matthew Keys Indicted For Allegedly Conspiring With Anonymous

Anybody else following this story? I'd been following him since he joined Reuters, completely unaware that he was just a troll all along.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

The similarity between his past trolling on LiveJournal and the language of our own DataLounge trolls makes me wonder if he posts here. (Link NSFW)

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

Reading comments on Gawker and elsewhere, he was apparently an obnoxious little shit who has no friends and had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

How in the world did he get that gig at Reuters? How much did Anthony De Rosa know about this kid's past?

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

I thought Anonymous were the good guys?

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

On the one hand, Matthew faces up to 30 years in prison and a $750,000 fine for giving Anonymous access to the Tribune servers so they could make a very small, childish defacement to the L.A. Times website that was quickly and easily fixed. Nobody died.

On the other hand, it turns out that Matthew turned out to be quite the sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

30 years??? That is ridiculous- the punishment does not fit the crime!

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Obviously it's a stern warning message for everyone who even thinks to support Anonymous or help them.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

Outrageous over-reaction by the fascist state.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

Indicted Reuters Editor Was Infamous LiveJournal Troll

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

Employers are going to have to be vigilant about hiring a generation of job seekers whose youth is spent wasted on trolling social media. I often wonder what kind of adults some of these forum and social media trolls would be become. The things they post online you'd think they had no parents, morals or education.

Twitter is troll central.

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

Prosecutorial overreach led to Aaron Swartz's suicide. I'd hate to see another of our bright, troubled queer men driven to despair and drastic action by the fascist state before ever getting the chance to mature and atone.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

[quote]Twitter is troll central.

By the time Twitter came along, Matthew Keys had reached the pinnacle of legitimate journalism as the deputy social media editor at Reuters. It's his adolescent LiveJournal antics (and willingness to sabotage a former employer's web presence) that should have raised red flags.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

Sorry r11 but hackers are the 21st Century terrorists. This guy Keys was a troll in his youth and he graduated to become a hacker.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!