Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Project Runway Teams Edition

Odd-- the Project Runway Teams thread seems to have been deleted -- or at least, it can't be entered. Did someone post something on it so bad that Webbie had to declare it off limits? The show so far this season has been so tame, so lackluster, and with so many bad designers, it's hard to imagine it's incited much emotion.

Except when the Thunder from Down Under appeared last night. Worst designs ever -- there was no winner for the first time in PR history --but the guy who was the lead dancer with the long hair was amazing. Any one know what his name is?

by Anonymousreply 41706/24/2013

[quote]but the guy who was the lead dancer with the long hair was amazing

The only "amazing" thing about this episode was hearing that girl with the tattoos (Michelle??) state that she has a husband.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

Yeah R2....that was the biggest surprise yet on this edition.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

I love what is happening on this show--they are getting rid of two lousy designers at once and then denying anyone a win when everyone's clothes suck. I hope they continue this. PR is more watchable this way.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

I am not feeling it AT all.

It's jumped the shark.

Heidi and Tim seem like they are phoning it in from Dayton, OH.

I can't believe I will admit this: I miss Miss Kors and her prema-tan.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

This show doesn't even pretend to be about design anymore.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

I'm a week behind, but I loved the dynamics in last week's episode. Kate knows how to talk smack without sounding bitter, and Richard's upset at getting passed over by Stanley was hilarious. Reminded of that time in 4th grade when the boy I had a crush on picked someone else to be on his softball team.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

One reason this season is lagging behind the others is that Sad Zach Posen is so achingly boring. I wasn't a huge fan of Michael Kors until he left the show, now it's obvious that without him, the wit has fled. Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine has no sense of humor at all, and neither Heidi nor Tim is what you'd call a comedian. Michael, please come back.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

Patricia saved once again by being on the better team.

This woman has not designed or constructed one good thing all season - she had one dress that was interesting because of her manipulation of the fabric.

Go home, Patricia.

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

I'm starting to like this season, but only because they had two fun episodes in a row. Duct Tape Prom is always fun, of course, but this week...

This episode was the funniest thing in the history of Project Runway! Clothes that were so bad they not only made the models look like apes, they made the designers and the judges laugh. Who knew that Nina Garcia, Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine, knew how to laugh? And hot, good-humored guys.

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

Damn. Guess it was me, lol. Layana is really starting to get on my nerves. She told the judges that Richard kept making excuses. However, she is constantly asking/getting help from others and is always whining in the confessional that she's worried about something her teammate is doing. Her taste level is good but her execution is lackluster.

I just noticed that US Weekly's 25 Things You Didn't Know About Me is featuring Tim Gunn this week. I have to admit that I was pretty surprised by some of the things listed on there. I also thought his was a bit more interesting than what most people post. Check it out.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

I don't know why since I have abandoned many shows I used to watch religiously but I still enjoy PR. HOWEVER this team shit while amping up the drama a bit rarely allows us to see individual outfits from each designer. Instead we have pants by one..vest by another and buttons and bows by yet another. Last night's ep was particularly guilty of that. Also this if they had given them two days maybe there wouldn't have been such a cluster fuck of designs. Add the fact that these guys did not have "normal" sized bodies yet the designers were somehow supposed to create fabulous stripper wear was crazy. It sort of like Top Chef in that regard when they gave to cook a ten course meal on the beach during a hurricane with just a pack of matches and the judges complain that the soup was cold. Last night was the same way. Set them up to fail and they will especially if they aren't the greatest (some exceptions) designers to begin with. On another note this has to be some of the cuntiest women ever. I just wish Michelle would succumb to gluten born anaphalactic shock. Horrible woman. Oh and some of the guys were very hot...some were scary cheesy though

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

again-what the hell does this have to do with assessing the potential talent of an up and coming designer of womenswear--if I were one of the remaining designers-given this ridiculous challenge-menswear, performance/break away clothing, bodybulders etc-I would have walked off

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

Michelle gets on my nerves too. She did get screwed in the beginning by being in the wrong place at the wrong time but she complained about that far too long. She too worried too much about her other teammates and what they were doing/could accomplish. Sheesh.

Stanley will be in final three for sure. Maybe Samantha. I used to think Daniel as well but I've concerns about how fashion-forward he is now so not sure who #3 will be.

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2013

"I smell chaos and bedlam!"

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2013

If Project Runway were interested in shaking up its format (the show is in its 11ths season now) do you think that people would watch if they reversed the format to only designing menswear instead of just focusing exclusively on women's dresses? Although the fashion industry is much more geared towards women's clothes, I think that menswear is starting to gain a bigger market share. If they were to do it, my guess is it would probably be a spinoff show. The absolutely abysmal performance of the 2 teams this week can't be completely representative of the entire fashion industry's capabilities to design for men. Someone must be decent at designing for men? While I suspect such a show would only last one season it might be an interesting concept show as menswear is traditionally not very innovative. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2013

They might try a spinoff, but IMHO a menswear show would be ratings poison.

I suspect the majority of viewers are female, for starters, and then there's the fact that mens' clothing is much less interesting and varied than women's wear. Men wear little color, they always wear some variation pants and a shirt, and the quality of tailoring just doesn't make interesting TV. Hot male models wouldn't be enough.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

I think this is him, OP, with short hair. Needless to say, I want him in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

I'm very surprised that they didn't call out the 1 team whose clothes for the dancers didn't break away like they were supposed to. I mean, that was 1 of the requirements, that the clothes be easy to take off. When they did their dance during the runway show, half of their clothes stayed on and half came off. I think the judges should've called them out on that.

I actually was expecting a disaster as soon as it was announced they were doing menswear Because I remember the past challenges where they did menswear and most of the clothes were horrible then too.

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

R18 -- I think that is indeed him, with short hair. Thank you. I owe you a drink.

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

If I were a designer last night I would have let Heidi have it. They gave them one day, really about seven hours to come up with at least six pieces. They were first, for guys that no one had any experience with, second, big guys that needed specific fittings, and third, they had to figure out how they could rip away. They've had challenges to make Heidi a gown for a photo shoot that they've have had two days to do. It was so disrespectful to the dancers who were good sports. Obviously since nobody excelled it was a failure of a challenge and whoever scheduled it for one day should have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

They don't need a male fashion spinoff, but any show that would feature male strippers every week, would tap into the Magic Mike market. I'd definitely watch it.

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

I thought it was hilarious last night when one designer told his team that it shouldn't look too much like a costume. DUDE, YOU ARE DESIGNING TEAR-AWAY CLOTHES FOR STRIPPERS. Why shouldn't it look like a costume?

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2013

R23, that was Stanley, who shot down Michelle's ideas for being too "costumey." It's a friggin' stage show! The strippers are selling fantasy, so this was a perfect opportunity to be over-the-top and costumey. And as much as I think Richard's tastes are tacky, a little bit of tacky would've been better than the drab, ill-fitting, dark suits his team sent down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 2403/16/2013

R11 I have to like someone whose favorites are Wizard of Oz and french fries but neat freaks drive me crazy...

by Anonymousreply 2503/16/2013

reminder bump, new episode in a half hour

by Anonymousreply 2603/21/2013

Wow, never saw Daniel go after someone like this before.

by Anonymousreply 2703/21/2013

So why did the other thread get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 2803/21/2013

Even though it wasn't shown in the editing as much, the Lord & Taylor president was clearly not having Samantha's look.

And I totally agreed.

What was she thinking?

Suck it, Lyana, cause Richard's still in despite your best efforts for two weeks now to crucify him.

It's time to pit the men against the women and, call me misogynist if you must, I am having a hard time with the remaining women on the show and would favor the men.

by Anonymousreply 2903/21/2013

I have no idea r28, but I'll tell you want I hate about the PR threads. All the people who say they hate the show, yet the keep watching it every week and always posts something in the PR thread again reiterating how much they hate the show. Then would you PLEASE just stop watching? Most of us who watch the show actually like it. The actual show is far more entertaining than reading the endless bitching about it.

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2013

Samantha got SCREWED! Richard is a bore and he should have gone home. The only reason they kept him is because he stirs up drama and Samantha, God bless her, is a bit of a snooze.

Is anyone else waiting for Patricia's eyes to literally pop out of her head?

And did Layana refer to Samantha as 'Samanda'

Girl, work on that diction!

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2013

samathas dress was hideous looked like a skating costume and the colors were gross a flesh colored dress with blue and red/orange?

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2013

Daniel's mustache is disgusting/ It looks like a dead bird flapping around on his upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 3303/21/2013

Layana's way of saying "Thank you" makes me want to smack her in the face with a rusty trowel.

by Anonymousreply 3403/21/2013

I thought it was kinda sad when Daniel got all excited when he and Michelle won then realized 'oh shit...SHE one and I'm just hanging on' His dress had many issues including the color. At first, I thought he was a shoe-in for fashion week. Now, I'm not so sure. I think the finalists are going to be Stanley, Michelle and Patricia.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 3503/21/2013

Why is he always crying. He cries if he wins, he cries if he loses.

by Anonymousreply 3603/21/2013

I liked Samantha and I think she's a good designer, however she totally missed the mark on this challenge. I can understand her wanting to younger but I think she went too young for the clientele of Lord & Taylor. Plus I agree with r32, those colors she chose were hideous.

Although I think Richard also deserved to go as well. His dress was nice but it was boring. Nothing special about it.

by Anonymousreply 3703/21/2013

Jackalope Antler Necklace's moustache was glued on his face lopsided during all those cutaway scenes when he crying about his emotional moments with Michelle.

Nina Garcia calling something "mumsie" is one of my favorite things to see on this show.

I feel bad for Patricia about one thing. Nobody seems to like her much, but the people that really dislike her the most are still nice to her face. So she won't know until watching the show on TV what was really said about her.

Michelle is the main one that bothers me with that. She repeatedly says really mean stuff about her during the cutaways, but Patricia is always so happy for Michelle doing well and rushes to be the first to hug her in congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 3803/22/2013

Another ho-hum runway. The judges' excitement over Michelle's design confounded me, because all I saw was a simple color block shift dress. Go figure. The men's designs were boring, and frankly, they all can go, IMO, because they bring nothing new to the table. Anybody who takes a critique like "it looks like you're designing for Joan Collins on Dynasty" as a compliment in this day and age has to go. And why was Daniel so hung up on the 21 comment? Whether or not Michelle said it was a moot. The implication was clear: design more youthful. End of story. I don't know whether Samantha should've gone home or Richard, but her design was just wrong. It looked like she was designing more for the Hello Kitty crowd than Lord & Taylor. Loved how Layana couldn't hide her contempt for Richard. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2013

Nina doesn't like prints. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 4003/22/2013

Patricias outfit was actually tasteful

but this is probably the least talented group ever on the show--were down to six and they are all totally mediocre

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2013

I can't stand Michelle. She acts like she's so great and better than everyone else, but she's not.

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2013

So... to the extent that Americans have to identify each other by race, what is Richard? Is he black?

How does a family acquire the surname "Hallmarq" with a Q?

by Anonymousreply 4503/22/2013

Wow. There's never been a season with such lackluster designers. They just aren't very good. Even Stanley, the most consistent of them all, screwed up last night. Michelle's dress was indeed by far the best, but in another season, it would have been just good. Richard with a Q can't design for shit, but somehow he keeps hanging in there, doing the same color blocking jersey dress over and over. Samantha's dress wasn't good at all, but at least it showed some originality. The only really good news from last night's show was that we didn't have to listen to Sad Zach Posen. The entire show was brightened by his absence.

They should just kill this season and start something new.

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2013

Exactly, R46. Worst group EVER. None of them can design for shit.

And I'm sure the 'Q' in 'Hallmarq' was adopted by him. We all know it's 'Hallmark', you boob.

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2013

This is the worst bunch the show has ever had.

The final 3 will be who....who cares?

Heidi is looking jacked up this season as well.

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2013

She looked like the Joker in that promo soliciting contestants for next season.

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2013

They need to stop the team shit right now! I want to see each individual designer's work created independent of having to deal with the psychodrama that has attended each challenge this season. If someone sucks at this point (and God knows most of them do) they should be able to design and execute their crappy vision and not be guided by the advise of others. Tim's advise should be the only advise at this point. For whatever reason I still love this show but this season has been so unmemorable. Last night the two best designs were Michelle's and Stanley's but that was only because of the colors. Stanley's was a shift dress that was so minimal that it vaporized as soon as the model left the runway. Richard's analysis of his customer wearing that dress with an oversized shopping bag and sunglasses while out for an afternoon of consumer abandon was hilarious. What planet does Mary inhabit? At this point I guess (and I am loath to say it as I hate her) Michelle is in for the win. There is really no one else with the possible exception of Stanley who seems to know what they are doing. Maybe Leyana but she is such an asshat I could care less. Oh and Samantha's outfit looked like a uniform for a waitress in a biergarten. Sorry for the ramblings but I just slugged back some java.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2013

Daniel's dress looked like a 40s waitress minus the apron. And his meltdown was so contrived. In his confessional shown before it all went down, didn't he say something about how he'd been nice for too long? I think baby just wasn't getting enough attention.

At this point the team concept is only there to incite drama. The designs had nothing to do with each other. They're just chaining them together so they'll fight.

Richard is a drama queen and damn he can't design or dress himself. That 'Piccadilly Sq. Busker at a Rave' outfit he had on last night was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2013

Lol r51. I thought the same thing about Richard's Outfit that is Everything! That hat with the metal brain tumor coming out of it was just so Major! I also agree that the team concept is there for the drama and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 5203/22/2013

Please send Patricia home. Thank you.

Did that designer judge say that women should NEVER wear shoes that match their purses?

When did that change? I am WAY behind the times.

"Look at purse - brown shoes. I have to change." Lucy Ricardo.

by Anonymousreply 5303/22/2013

I love Patricia because she totally rattles the other designers with her aesthetic and construction methods. I loved it when she said that there's no reasoning with these people, so it's best just keep a smile on your face and nod.

Lord & Taylor fucked up Michelle's winning design. The final product didn't look nearly as good as the original.

by Anonymousreply 5403/22/2013

I loved how Lord and Taylors was characterized as a luxury store comparable I guess in the mind of the Runway producers to Saks and Bonwits. That place was always a step above Filenes. Of course Richard thinks he's in design heaven.

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2013

I was so happy when Lyanna was in the bottom, I can't stand her. After watching last night I realized I really don't care about anyone this season. I'm secretly hoping Patrica goes all the way to the finale just because nobody there likes her.

by Anonymousreply 5603/22/2013

[quote]I loved how Lord and Taylors was characterized as a luxury store comparable I guess in the mind of the Runway producers to Saks and Bonwits

Oh, Lord & Taylors is nowhere near the level of Bonwits Tellers, but there are some that put it up there with Bergdorf's Goodmans. Personally, I don't think it even lights a candle to Bloomingdale.

by Anonymousreply 5703/22/2013

[quote]Lord & Taylor fucked up Michelle's winning design. The final product didn't look nearly as good as the original.

The only reason that dress worked was the colors and the contrast of textures. They might as well ripped it apart.

by Anonymousreply 5803/22/2013

Ithought it was pretty close to the original

by Anonymousreply 5903/22/2013

I loved Patricia's outfit

by Anonymousreply 6003/22/2013

The only reason they sent Samantha home is to have Richard & Lyana bein the same team next week. Drama!

by Anonymousreply 6103/22/2013

Daniel's Pepto-Bismol shoulderpad thing looked like something out of a Markie Post garage sale.

Samantha and Richard's dresses were both hideous, but at least Samantha was working on an interesting idea, even if she failed. Richard's was just a failure of taste on every level.

Plus Richard managed to make a skinny model look like she was modeling Lane Bryant. No word she was pulling such a sour-lemon face.

by Anonymousreply 6203/22/2013

What Rachel Roy was saying was not to matchy-match your bag to your shoes (i.e. jet black with jet black). As in, it looks too traditional. Of course you would never do a black bag with brown shoes (or vice versa) but the idea is to use shoes and bags to complement, not to duplicate.

by Anonymousreply 6303/22/2013

R59, When they showed Michelle looking at her winning dress in the Lord & Taylor window, it looked different. The colors seemed off, and some of the detail was missing. But in that photo, the dress does look very similar. The glare of the store window must have distorted things.

by Anonymousreply 6403/22/2013

I didnt even know Lord and Taylor was still in business--new season B. Altman!

by Anonymousreply 6503/22/2013

[quote]I thought it was kinda sad when Daniel got all excited when he and Michelle won then realized 'oh shit...SHE one and I'm just hanging on' His dress had many issues including the color.

He lucked out. I really think if he hadn't been on Michelle's team, his ass would've gone home for that horribly-made thing he sent down the runway.

I was actually hoping no one would get sent home this week. Since they booted two off at one time a couple weeks ago, I was thinking maybe they'd make up the difference this week. Unfortunately for Samantha (who didn't deserve to go home in my opinion), that wasn't the case.

[quote]this is probably the least talented group ever on the show

LOL, I think we say this just about every season.

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2013

[quote]She looked like the Joker in that promo soliciting contestants for next season.

Seeing that, I immediately thought maybe she will be back next season after all given that several news stories about her joining AGT as a judge referred to her as the "former" host of PR.

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

Heidi's tight short black leather look at the beginning was perfection. But that tight and lumpy beige dress at runway was hideous. They would have auf'd any designer who made that on the show. That dress made her look fat - her thighs and midsections looked awful. What the fuck is up with that?

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2013

Project Runway needs a reboot. Keep Tim, get the judges from All Stars, find a decent host (Coco Rocha would be good). Screw the lame challenges and get back to designing. I think the male stripper one was the lowest point of any PR season ever.

by Anonymousreply 6903/22/2013

Looking at the eight collections shown for Fashion Week on Tom & Lorenzo's site, I'm starting the think Michelle is going to win this thing. It's either her or Stanley. I managed to identify the last eight contestants by finding their models, but on the first go round, Michelle's was the first one that actually slapped me in the face with her obvious style and aesthetic.

She just has the strongest original vision in this motley bunch. I didn't really like her at the beginning, but she sort of grows on you.

by Anonymousreply 7003/23/2013

This show is getting long in the tooth. Michelle's dress was the best, but I wasn't that blown away by it. We've seen many more talented designers on other seasons. I can't stand Lyana. What an arrogant little cunt. She has an opinion on everyone but never sees the failings in her designs. Michelle is good but she's a bitch.

I like Patricia. She's so kooky and at least she does something different than what we normally see. I think the judges putting her with Stanley was a good choice. He really pulled her back. Patricia just needs to learn to edit herself more.

by Anonymousreply 7103/23/2013

Daniel's collection is tragic - all that black and one red dress. All of them snoozefests. Uggghhh.

This is between michelle and Stanley. Layana's was too many leather waistpieces. Richard's is instantly recognizable because it's tacky as shit.

by Anonymousreply 7303/23/2013

I'm honestly not one of the many anti-tattoo trolls on this site, but what the fuck is up with Michelle's large forearm polka dots? Holy shit, they're hideous!

by Anonymousreply 7403/23/2013

Look at heidi in the finale - horrible mumsey hair and makeup and the finest Gauthier M C Hammer outfit available. Heidi looks like shit. Nina looks great in Stella McCartney. Zac looks like he stole one of Tilda Swinton's suits, had it taken in 5 sizes and approximated as menswear. And Michael Kors in a tee shirt and sunglasses. I like the sunglasses because they cover part of his orange face.

Yep Nina looks better than Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 7503/23/2013

I hate Michelle the most. She tries sooooo hard to be 'cool and rock 'n' roll'. You just know the reason she got so buddy buddy with Amanda was because her brother is in godawful Maroon 5. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 7603/23/2013

Can someone please explain why those bitches, Heidi and Nina are always saying that something looks too junior, when at the same time they are demanding that the designers create a look that is more youthful?

by Anonymousreply 7703/23/2013

too junior - 18-to-29 - too matronly

unrealistic - sizes 1-to-2 - unflattering

dull/boring - dark with a twist - tacky/loud

repressed - flowy dress/kicky mini - slutty

librarian - asssured/on-the-go - dominatrix

off-the-rack - "editorial" - unsellable

common/seen it a million times - unique - weird/bizarre (insert your favorite Kors dig)

uncomfortable - well styled - sloppy

falling apart - well-executed - edit yourself!

by Anonymousreply 7803/23/2013

#5 is Michelle's collection I recognize her model from the runway (she was on ATNM)

by Anonymousreply 7903/23/2013

I think the styling is killing #8. If you look at the pieces themselves, they're interesting and a lot are wearable. They're just combined badly and the models are styled in a way that makes them look crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8003/23/2013

Zac Posen has perfect birthing hips in that runway pic at R75. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 8103/23/2013

Is Patricia's collection #8? I'm wondering because of the layering of small pieces of fabric. Plus, there seems to be a bit of a Native American theme to some of the outfits.

by Anonymousreply 8203/24/2013

Yes, Patricia's is #8. The wigs are too much, though.

#7 is Stanley's. #5 is Michelle's. Lyana's is the first collection--it's god-awful.

Daniel's reminds me of Sean Young's character in Blade Runner.

As someone already mentioned, Richard's is instantly recognizable--tacky as all get out, and not helped by the presence of a trucker hat on one of the models.

Samantha and Amanda had some cool pieces (I loved that black and white stewardess looking dress), but mostly pretty forgettable.

I feel like the three finalists are most likely Michelle, Stanley, and Patricia. I can't imagine Daniel continues for much longer with his 80's styling.

by Anonymousreply 8303/24/2013

[quote]You just know the reason she got so buddy buddy with Amanda was because her brother is in godawful Maroon 5. Tragic.

Fashions aside, this is kind of a boring season as far as the designers' personal relationships go. For a while I thought Richard had the hots for Stanley, but after Stanley kicked him to the curb to partner up with someone else, he appeared to get over it fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 8403/24/2013

So Daniel's is the models with the 40's hair? It seems like the most logical for him, and it really ain't that bad, if only a little too stuck in the 40's.

by Anonymousreply 8503/24/2013

R68, I don't know if it was the dress. For some reason Heidi looks a bit softer all around. In all her dresses she seems to have a rounder belly. You ofetn see panty lines (or is it that her thighs bulge out?) and not just on PR but other appearances. Her face is unchanged so I was wondering if she is pregnant again.

by Anonymousreply 8603/26/2013

I think I actually saw saddlebags on her today r86. And she's been cheating high-waisted pregnancy leftover lovehandles under empire waist lines and black clothes for a while now.

It's all good, she still looks phenomenal.

Great show today. The fashions were good so I'll adress the drama instead.

As time goes on, I dislike Layana more and more. Spoiled brat seems to forget it was Daniel who served her the only win she's had so far, on a platter. He also gave her due props in this challenge, even after she designed what was probably the weakest entry in tonight's show - and after having to put up with her diva designer's block antics (at least Richard kept his quiet).

Then bitch does a number on him and how "unfair" he was, burying her face in Michelle's arm for back-up and support.

She reminds me too much of the uber-fragile manipulators at school and work(and dance class!) used to getting everything they want by turning on the waterworks. There comes a point in which you have to call them out on it and stop buying. Daniel's at that point, Michelle isn't.

And I didn't particularly feel it was right of Michelle to offer so much solace to what clearly is just a little spoiled girl's bratty temper tantrum (unless Michelle is simply there to cop feels, which, married or not, I wouldn't put past her).

by Anonymousreply 8703/28/2013

I don't know if Michelle agrees with Layana's behavior but, if you're a decent human being and see someone you like in pain then you're gonna offer a hug. Or two.

I've gotten to the point where I turn down the volume whenever Layana speaks. Is it me or does she speak like a deaf person?

by Anonymousreply 8803/28/2013

What got me was that Layana took full credit for her own design AND half of Daniel's! And when he called her on it, she started boo-hooing about him betraying her.

I agree that Richard had the worst look tonight, but I am SO ready for Patricia to go away.

by Anonymousreply 8903/29/2013

I liked Patricia crying though, reminding me that these are real people who do have their hopes and dreams on the line. Richard was the one who deserved to be sent home, I'm also glad I won't have to look at his misshapen bald head anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9003/29/2013

I'm in the middle of the episode, but I just realized that I really, really can't stand the way that Daniel talks. It's like man-baby voice.

Between him and Layana's whine, I feel compelled to hit the mute button every time they are on screen. And Layana's excuses drive me spare. Yeesh, what a pair.

Michelle and Stanley, however--how have these two not worked together yet? Talk about complementing each other's strengths.

by Anonymousreply 9103/29/2013

I so dislike Layana. She's so hypercritical about everyone behind their backs, but neglect to give her proper credit and she blubbers like a baby. And whine, whine, whine. This ain't high school, princess, time to grow up! I'm glad Heidi and Nina have taken notice of her "my shit don't stink" attitude.

Richard should've gone home several episodes back. He has no creative vision. He'll blame his failures on not meshing with his team or partner's style or aesthetic, but that only shows that he's creatively stunted or lacking in skills.

by Anonymousreply 9203/29/2013

Another week with the ghastliest things imaginable on the runways.

Is it bad challenges, or bad talent?

by Anonymousreply 9303/29/2013

[quote]if you're a decent human being and see someone you like in pain then you're gonna offer a hug. Or two.

Until you realize the person's "pain" is just a manipulative tool. Then you have to do what the others did, and ignore the tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 9403/29/2013

This season is all about Michelle and Stanley. The rest are fillers so they could give us a full season worth of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 9503/29/2013

Interesting that Layana has really turned into the show's villain. She's a horrible brat, a spoiled child who can't take responsibility for anything, a braggart who thinks she's much more talented than she really is. She's definitely become the villain star of the show. But the real show is Stanley and MIchelle -- as has been noted week after week, they're the only two designers this season with any talent. When Heidi teamed them up, was there any question that they would win? Daniel "It's all Good" is turning into a bedraggled bore. Patricia "Crazy Eyes" is actually an interesting designer, and her dress this week was the most imaginative, but her taste level is, as Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine says, suspect. Richard was just a whiny loser and it was great to see him go. All in all, still a dull season, but Layana is making it more interesting just by being so totally repellent. But it's still down to Stanley vs. Michelle. At least Sad Zach Posen has been absent. That's made things a little brighter.

by Anonymousreply 9603/29/2013

Layana's cunt rep is slowly creeping up the charts. The Top Cunt spot is still Ivy's.

It used to be that you googled "Ivy cunt" and the top three results were Project Runway-related.

Now if you google "Layana cunt", the first Project Runway-related item comes in at number five. And after last night's antics, make that "five with a bullet!"

by Anonymousreply 9703/29/2013

Funny how, if you look at the finale collections now, it is easier to figure out whose collections they are. I still say #5 is Michelle and I still think it was the strongest.

by Anonymousreply 9803/29/2013

Glad Richard is gone.

My problem with Patricia, besides her crappy designs - is that her really awful stuff in the first four or five challenges got a pass because she was on the winning team. She should have gone home for some of those ugly things.

Layana can go home now, too. Thanks.

But as has been written here many times - this is the worst bunch of designers they have ever had on the show. That and the dumb challenges and team concept have destroyed what little creativity the may have brought with them.

by Anonymousreply 9903/29/2013

By the way, Rachel Roy is a GREAT judge. So much better than anyone who's come before - interesting, funny, insightful, and smart.

by Anonymousreply 10003/29/2013

I can't stand Lyanna, I wanted to backhand her!

by Anonymousreply 10103/29/2013

I hope they scrap the "team format", as it does indeed result in obvious losers staying on the show because they were on the winning team.

I won't say it's why this season's work has been so underwhelming, but it's definitely a contributing factor. The format definitely takes the edge off the highs and lows.

by Anonymousreply 10203/29/2013

Layana would be a nightmare to work with. She's so whiny. And seriously, wanting to take 50% credit for Daniel's outfit, which wasn't really all that great, when she created the prom dress from 18th century hell?

by Anonymousreply 10303/30/2013

If Patricia had been sent home after that idiot spent two days making a bracelet, I would have stopped watching. When Layana said she felt so betrayed by Daniel, he should have said "Get over it".

by Anonymousreply 10403/30/2013

[quote]Interesting that Layana has really turned into the show's villain. [/quote]

I called it a long time ago in this thread. I can smell stink face a mile away.

Now, please someone remind me what design did she win?

I know she won for that apron, for the table tennis club.

Was there anything else that she won for, to warrant this attitude of superiority?

by Anonymousreply 10503/31/2013

No, that was it r105 (and with huge help from Daniel who was red hot at the time, and gracefully ceded the win to her). She came a close second in the unconventional flower shop materials design.

by Anonymousreply 10603/31/2013

Daniel, Michelle and Stanley have each had two wins. And those three are my finalist predictions.

Hopefully with Layana being sent home in fourth place after a devastating loss to Daniel, accompanied by a judicial tearing of a new hole.

by Anonymousreply 10703/31/2013

DvF hasn't cried as much in her entire life as Layana cried during the last show. Seriously, does she think that is how women (or men) succeed in the cutthroat fashion world, by weeping uncontrollably every time someone hurts their feelings?

by Anonymousreply 10803/31/2013

Team challenges are faulty at best.

I like Michelle and Stanley because they have skills, talent and imagination. I don't know if any of the early dismissals would have been able to compete with these two in the long run.

I don't think that less talented people are applying for PR; I think the criteria for selecting them sucks. I think the producers always select two or three really strong designers so that they have someone worthy to eventually give the prize to (sans a few seasons where really poor designers won for the most crack-smoking made up reasons ever). But then you always get the ubber flaming gay guy, the ubber macho tattooed woman (Michelle is the one this year). You get an African American male and female. You get one foreign born designer. You get someone straight out of school. You get someone ho is older and being given a chance to fulfill that dream. You get the potential angry man/woman and the potential crying man/woman. You get someone with a hidden health issue which can be played up later (HIV, Testicular cancer, I forget what Chris March had but I remember issues with climbing stairs other than his obvious weight related issues) and do on. You always get the ones who are on their last penny so if they win there would be a rags to riches story.

I feel that in trying to fill in those roles, the producers more often than not put the real design talent/skills on the back burner.

Add to that silly repetitive and predictable challenges and what you get is a meh runway show. By now, most have figured out a few things: 1. You do not have to win anything; you just need to do something safe enough to stay longer. 2. Weird and poorly executed is better than boring and predictable to keep you in the game longer. 3. "Character" will keep you in the game longer. 4. There are predictable challenges, so while you may not know the final twist, you can certainly prepare yourself because they are vague enough (i.e. take a picture in NYC and use that as an inspiration, red carpet dress, men, "real women," and so on. Those of them who are not mentally prepared for those are just plain dumb.

I just wish that they got really really talented people and not worry about the drama because really really talented people will have enough going for them without forcing the issue. I wish they gave them more challenges that seriously rewarded creativity so they wouldn't try to hold it back and just pass. I wish that they didn't use insane time restrictions for added drama. Time restrictions do push the envelope, but one day for super human male models as a team challenge with contradicting instructions.... you get what you asked for.

For the last few seasons I only watch online. I watch the first few minutes of instructions, a bit of the middle to get a sense of the vibe, and then the runway and critique.

by Anonymousreply 10903/31/2013

[quote]sans a few seasons where really poor designers won for the most crack-smoking made up reasons ever

So funny and so true.

by Anonymousreply 11003/31/2013

Stanley has imagination? The last two dresses he made looked like Simplicity 101. Absolutely nothing special about them.

by Anonymousreply 11103/31/2013

Feefty Feefty....

whatever, bitch. I'm glad Michelle and Daniel didn't cut her down to size. It would have been edited to make them look like evil bitches. It was gracious of both of them to let her preschool histrionics unfold accordingly. The audience got to see what a spoiled, entitled, selfish cunt she is.

by Anonymousreply 11203/31/2013

Thanks to Datalounge, Layana has moved up one notch and is now at (cue jingle) NUMBER FOOOUR! when you google her name with the word "cunt."

by Anonymousreply 11303/31/2013

I thought it was funny as she was crying - and Daniel says "so you did everything?"

by Anonymousreply 11403/31/2013

Lifetime thinks we want to see MORE of these boring and mostly uninspired designers.

They are expanding the rest of the episodes to two hours each. And they are tacking on a reunion episode at the end.

by Anonymousreply 11504/03/2013

Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine said, "Please do not give me a t-shirt and a pair of pants!" And you totally ignored her, Michelle. Oops.

But is it really worse than Patricia's awful Pocahontas get-up or Daniel's yellow angel wings? I say no.

by Anonymousreply 11604/04/2013

Once again, this season just doesn't have it. Stanley is a good designer, in another year he'd be one of many in the mix instead of the only one. Michelle disappointed for sure -- don't do a tee-shirt and pants, says chinless Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine, so Michelle does a tee-shirt and pants. Daniel "It's All Good" designs mostly for Easter Bunnies. He has almost no taste. Patricia "Crazy Eyes" definitely has her own look, but she's not good in construction although having Richard with a Q as her seamstress seemed so unfair -- although the way Stanley treated Tu was repellant. Stanley's a jerk. But a talented one.

Michelle gets another chance--all that means is that the producers are worried that there's no reason to keep watching, so they're creating some artificial drama. The previews for next week pointedly avoided showing her, but that was clearly an editorial decision. Editorial. Editorial. Sigh. If I had a dollar for every time chinless Nina Garcia Fashion director of Marie Claire Magazine said editorial, I could buy Sad Zach Posen a personality.

Speaking of which, Jordana Brewster was a total delight. Funny, nice, tasteful, she was the best celebrity judge in a long time. Who would have thought that someone who starred in DEBS and F&F had a brain?

by Anonymousreply 11704/04/2013

I didn't understand the love for Layana's dress. It looked like an arts and crafts project. And it was ugly to boot. The skirt seemed an afterthought.

Stanley's design was well made and was probably the best one there, but still, it looked like something Lauren Hutton modeled back in the '70s. Nothing innovative there.

Daniel. Ugh. He took his love for Alexis Carrington-style shoulders to new heights. As always, stuck in the '80s.

Patricia. It wasn't bad considering that she had to work with that useless no-talent again, and had to simplify things to his skill level.

Michelle. WTF happened??! It was an EDITORIAL challenge! A FASHION magazine! And yet she created something you'd wear to a barbecue. WTF was she thinking? FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 11804/05/2013

Can't stand Michelle and I know I'm being manipulated by the show into not liking her and that pisses me off, but still, I can't stand her. I knew when she was crapping all over everyone's designs at the beginning of the show that she'd be the one to get eliminated, they always pull that kind of thing on Project Runway (and The Amazing Race) but they let her back in, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 11904/05/2013

I can't believe they let bug-eyed Patricia stay in. That shapeless sack with the 3rd grade art project "Native American" leather strips she sent down the runway was appalling. Yes, Richard was useless, just as she knew he would be from the start. It's no excuse.

She wasted all that time with him. Then she wasted even more time crying and complaining about him. She should have just given him a bracelet to fuss over and gotten on with things herself.

Also, what is Richard's problem? He openly admitted that he doesn't "know the names of things" and said to just show him what you want and he'll do it. When Patricia asked, "Can you do a French seam?" he didn't answer and let her assume he knew. Then she realized he didn't know and showed him but he still seemed to have no idea what she was talking about. The whole thing was weird. His behavior is weird and sketchy.

Last as well as least, International Whining Champion Layana has got to go. Right after Patricia goes.

by Anonymousreply 12004/05/2013

Daniel's dentures are a dealbreaker, but he seems like a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 12204/05/2013

Daniel seems like a lovely person? In what universe? He seems like a smarmy sycophant to me. At best a phony yes-man.

by Anonymousreply 12304/05/2013

The highlight of this episode was Michelle and Layana's chorus of dismayed "Oh..." as Daniel's thing came fown the runway.

How must Richard feel watching this now and seeing how little everyone thinks of him, as a person and as a designer? Even Heidi and Nina seemed to know the score and sympathize with Patricia.

by Anonymousreply 12404/05/2013

Daniel bows his head and has to say thank you more than once like he's a Japanese slave of old. Drives me nuts. And his yellow Peeps outfit might as well be in a sci-fi, 1980s Easter flick.

Patricia's dress was not good. It looked like a costume for an elementary school play. Richard was no help, and his hushed, monotone voice and sluggishness would've really frustrated me.

I do not think Layana's outfit was great at all! The skirt didn't compliment the top, and the top was meh. It looked unfinished to me. Daniel and Stanley know how to finish their clothing.

I liked Stanley's and I liked Michelle's though hers was wrong for the challenge.

Michelle was getting a little too cocky and Layana is a mess--a super entitled, though talented mess. Her speech makes her sound lazy and dumb.

Stanley reminds me of Beeker with glasses. Richard could be Don Rickle's son.

by Anonymousreply 12604/05/2013

I wish that at least one-third of the challenges involves mens clothes.

It would be great to see if they could create something original and attractive for short men.

Also, a Chippendales/TFDU competition should be an annual feature of the show!

by Anonymousreply 12704/05/2013

I loved Michelle's face while Patricia was hugging her. Michelle was pretending to be sad and unsure when really she was livid (LIVID!) that Patricia stayed "in" while she only got a "second chance".

"I don't feel like being touched right now."

I get this feeling that Michelle's client might ask for a wedding dress and Michelle would design them a lovely bathing suit and then completely not understand why the client "doesn't get it".

by Anonymousreply 12804/05/2013

I'm guessing that Michelle will have to win the next challenge to stay in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 12904/05/2013

Michelle is a total bitch and it would have been nice with her total disregard for the requirements of this task to be sent home.

by Anonymousreply 13004/05/2013

I just don't understand how this Jordana Brewster person is supposed to be considered pretty. And how Daniel's Tweety Bird getup didn't get him sent back to Texas is yet another Project Runway mystery. Stanley's winning look was boring as hell - Something Sally Kellerman would have worn to a Malibu BBQ in 1978. I give up.

by Anonymousreply 13104/05/2013

I don't care what any of you say about this season, because I LOVE IT.

I think that the personalities are great, and it's nice to see the older designers coming out on top, for a change.

Daniel is an old school Texan queen, and I love him for it. From that Mexi-Texan accent, to the sombrero style moustache, I think he's quite a fun character.

I'm also happy that Stanley is the FIRST AA designer who doesn't seem to be in the final four simply because they wanted a little bit of diversity. Stanley actually has talent and good taste (I'm looking at YOU, Korto and Michael Knight), and he could end up being the first AA winner on Project Runway. I'm hoping so.

Michelle has talent also, but her true colors really came through on this latest episode. Before that she was all fake smiles and hugs, but the minute she's on the bottom and about to go home, the claws came out and she showed what a true bitch she is. I was actually rooting for her, but not anymore. The others were being so kind and supportive of her, and she gave them all a great big FUCK YOU. Well fuck her too.

Layana is so pretty, but she's obviously has learned how to use her looks to get her way. I'm happy that Heidi (as another beautiful woman) can see right through it and called her out. Layana has her cool moments, but she just seems so entitled, and is way too impressed with herself. And she should have been on the bottom of this challenge, because that monstrous blue top was U-G-L-Y.

I don't understand the Patricia hate. She is such a cool lady, and I am fascinated by her designs. I'm so sick of seeing the same old shit go down the runway, and Patricia surprises me EVERY WEEK! That artwork piece she made was a showstopper (for me), and I loved the white veil she put on top of it. The model's arms blended into the dress in such an interesting way, and her fabric was so unique.

This show has needed Patricia for a very long time, because she's a one-of-a-kind designer, who actually HAS ideas, and implements them, rather than the copycat designers who are technically good, but parade the same shit down the runway, year after year.

And finally, I love the team concept. Having worked with each other throughout the entire season, these people actually get to KNOW each other and bounce ideas off each other, and I absolutely think that some of the pairings have produced some of the best pieces I've ever seen go down the PR runway.

Good design is always collaborative, and there is no getting around it. Top designers MUST work well with others. Period. That's what makes this season so interesting for me. Hate it all you want - I am loving the show.

by Anonymousreply 13204/05/2013

HA HA! [R131] I could soo see Sally at the BBQ.

by Anonymousreply 13304/06/2013

I agree with r132 re Michael Knight but Korto had a GREAT final collection, gorgeous colors; her jewelry was even better.

This season I'm only reading the recaps at TLo and the consensus there is that everyone's work was hideous *except* for Michelle's. Layana was dinged for her Versace imitation. Patricia's--dear god, it looks like a shiny polyester toga.

I assume the producers want Michelle in the Final 3 along with Stanley and ? so they gave her a pass. Patricia is being kept around for the dramaz (although I did love her painted gown last week and thought it should have won).

by Anonymousreply 13404/06/2013

I think the problem with having a Patricia on this show is that the format doesn't give her time to develop her ideas or use the textile techniques she'd like. Her process seems lengthier than some of the other designers, so what we see is almost always a lesser version of the best garment she could produce. (She also has editing and styling issues, but I do like the actual garments she often puts out.)

by Anonymousreply 13504/06/2013

[quote]I'm also happy that Stanley is the FIRST AA designer who doesn't seem to be in the final four simply because they wanted a little bit of diversity. Stanley actually has talent and good taste (I'm looking at YOU, Korto and Michael Knight)

How about me? I was set to win it all until the Great Over-Budget Shoe Snafu of 2005.

by Anonymousreply 13604/06/2013

[quote]Daniel seems like a lovely person? In what universe?

In a universe where people other than you exist and are allowed an opinion.

Really, I’m beginning to hate that phrase and its obnoxious and gratuitous use in DL. I just hope it's the same loser troll using it as his/her "go to" lame snap in what recently seems like every thread these days.

by Anonymousreply 13704/06/2013

In what universe are you allowed an opinion, R137?

by Anonymousreply 13804/06/2013

R132 either works for the show or is off her meds. There isn't another PR fan in the country who thinks this is a good season. It sucks. Bad designers. Bad competitions. Bad Zach Posen. Bad, bad, bad.

by Anonymousreply 13904/06/2013

In my universe where I'm Miss Universe universally and versatile in reversing my verse in unison, r138.

by Anonymousreply 14004/06/2013

ITA, R139. There's NO defending this season at all. When you can tell a designer's biggest influence has been Dynasty, you know it's a bad season.

by Anonymousreply 14104/06/2013

I'm going to defend Korto. She was good and deserved her place in the competition. She had a point of view. Knight also had a point of view, but he wasn't very good. I loved Kara Saun.

As for the TLo site, those two bitches have gotten a little full of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14204/06/2013

Michelle should be eliminated for her stupid tats.

by Anonymousreply 14304/06/2013

I like this season too. I guess because I'm not really into fashion. I watch PR for the same reason I watch Top Chef. I like watching dedicated people perform their art/craft. I've learned from years of watching a bit about the craft of design, I've also learned that every year the DL says it's the worst crop of designer ever. Meh.

That said, I actually like Michelle's bluntness (or at least the highly edited version of her bluntness). She can be a bitch, but she's a thoughtful bitch. I tend to agree with the gist of what she says, though not the delivery. Compare her to Layana, who is just a spoiled brat with no context. At least Michelle totally accepted and then acknowledged that she absolutely didn't listen to thy Chinless One's stipulation.

That said, I hope Stanley wins. He's been the most consistent.

by Anonymousreply 14404/06/2013

I think Stanley's consistency won't be enough to overcome his age. PR has a major age bias. Has anyone over 30 ever won?

by Anonymousreply 14504/06/2013

If Patricia has such great ideas....why was the fabric design that she and Richard created so horrific?

by Anonymousreply 14604/11/2013

Don't forget - 2-hour episode tonight!

The can't pack all the inspiration, thrills, and insight into a 90-minute episode anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14704/11/2013

Anybody else getting choppy video during this episode?

by Anonymousreply 14804/11/2013

I hate Daniel's design. I hate to say it but I think Layana is going to Fashion Week. I was hoping the weepy cunt would bleed off the runway.

by Anonymousreply 14904/11/2013

The outcomes seemed very contrived. There's no way that it should've ended up as it did tonight.

by Anonymousreply 15004/11/2013

Heidi was the only 1 who seemed to want Patricia to go to fashion week.

Apparently whatever Heidi wants she gets even if she's out voted.

I understand Patricia pushes the envelope and her designs are innovative. But still, I can't even imagine what her collection is going to look like at fashion week. I honestly think it's going to look like an arts and crafts project gone wrong. But what do I know? She'll probably end up winning.

by Anonymousreply 15204/11/2013

I just started watching it, but two things that stand out--

*Daniel is just a ridiculous person. Seriously.

*Stanley was PISSED when they paired him with Richard. Haven't the judges figured out that he's a handicap to anyone who works with him?

I want Michelle to go to fashion week.

by Anonymousreply 15304/12/2013

I still don't get how Patricia made it to the final four. She has never one a challenge! That outfit looked like a trash bag.

Even though Layana may be a whiny baby, she is the better designer! Heidi and Nina were having a bad argument over Patricia. None of the judges except Heidi liked Patricia's design. I thought it was a monstrosity as well as last week's outfit. She should have gone home then.

Whatever Heidi wants, Heidi gets. Nina had a pouty face when Layana left the stage.

by Anonymousreply 15504/12/2013

Okay, even though it was a cop-out not to give Michelle the boot last week, she is the only one there who pushes the envelope (and not by much) and succeeds in doing so. So, though I wasn't bowled over by her design, I'm okay with her getting a pass. But wow, she dissed Daniel hard. No love, no hugs.

Stanley stayed true to form by playing it safe. Looks good, looks polished, but absolutely no innovation. Zzzzz.

Daniel finally got it. Though, like Stanley, his design lacked innovation, he did succeed in capturing the look of Berlin.

Patricia, ugh. I get it, but ugh. I agree with Nina's assessment. Patricia is arts and crafts, not high fashion, not even commercial fashion. But it's Heidi's show and what Heidi says goes.

The minute I saw Layana's coat on the runway, I knew she was in trouble. It looked like something out of my 70-year old mother's mail order fashion catalogue. Barcelona is fun, bright, and youthful, but none of that was reflected in her design. Her "Well, I like it!" protestations further cemented her fate. Heidi was done with her. If it ain't a compliment, girl just doesn't wanna hear it.

by Anonymousreply 15604/12/2013

Heidi must be nuts to think Patricia is talented. She should've been gone weeks ago.

I don't like Michelle, I would rather see her go than Layana, even though Layana cries too much, so does Daniel. Michelle just seems mean and cold and I don't think her designs are that hot.

by Anonymousreply 15704/12/2013

Why don't designers use color in their runway? It's always black, black, black... Layana should have just used the short and the pink blouse. If she wanted the patterns of the coat, could have made it a small bolero vest over the blouse. Her own outfit was better than her design.

by Anonymousreply 15804/12/2013

Patricia needs to come up with better collars my god.

I liked Layana's outfit once the coat came off, though I kinda liked the coat.

Michelle and no touching came across as sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 15904/12/2013

I was thinking the same thing R158

by Anonymousreply 16004/12/2013

I think Heidi wanted to see Patricia at Fashion Week just to see what kind of a collection she would create. Me too!

by Anonymousreply 16104/12/2013

Patricia's finale was better than her performance but still unimpressive. Michelle is still for the win in my opinion. Layana did a very pretty commercial collection that we have seen before, most likely in better department stores.

I think Michelle's no touching applies to certain individuals and they know who they are and if we didn't getting an edited version we would know who and why as well. Certainly Richard is in her no touching zone, and since he didn't argue it he also knows why. As soon as she said no to Richard, she hugged Stanley. I think she was trying to make sure that whatever drama happens with her does not make it on camera.

by Anonymousreply 16204/12/2013

[quote]But still, I can't even imagine what her collection is going to look like at fashion week.

If you're the least bit tempted, the fashion week final 8 shows have been posted here repeatedly from tom and Lorenzo's website and it was pretty easy to figure out which one was Patricia's.

[quote]Stanley was PISSED when they paired him with Richard. Haven't the judges figured out that he's a handicap to anyone who works with him?

They only think he and Patricia did not click.

[quote]The outcomes seemed very contrived.

I fell asleep and PR teams is not available in internet streaming video (and their web site blocks the episodes in my "country" of Puerto Rico). Could someone be a dear and let me know what the contrived outcome was?

by Anonymousreply 16304/12/2013

[quote]even though Layana cries too much, so does Daniel.

Throughout the show, Daniel's have been tears of joy and gratitude. Layana cried every time she didn't get her way. Elation vs. manipulation. Big difference.

[quote]So let me get this straight -- even though Michelle has outlasted Richard, Amanda, Samantha, and Kate, to make it to the Final Five, she has to stay home while those losing designers get to go to Europe? How is that fair?

Not only that, but:

How come poor, nice Tu - who killed himself laboring relentlessly under the tyranny of Stanley last challenge to produce the winning design for which it was amply recognized by both Stanley and the judges that Tu's help was a key factor - gets to stay in New York while people like Richard whisk off to London?

The only explanation I could come up with was, the guy was missing traveling documentation.

by Anonymousreply 16404/12/2013

The way everyone acted as if Daniel had some design epiphany in Berlin was laughable. The only person I saw in his look was Amanda. I want to know how much influence she had.

And for a group of boring contestants, they sure want to get a lot of mileage out of them. How will they find a way to get Richard and his black wife beater back yet again?

by Anonymousreply 16504/12/2013

There have been seasons of PR where there are one or two horrendously nasty and cunty contestants from Wendy P to Gretchen to Josh with the eybrows but this season has had a slew of them. Michelle, Layana and Richard (although he's just worthless but in his mind blameless but not really nasty) have made this season one to remember. Maybe that's the point but in the case of Michelle who does seem to have talent it has made me overlook the quality of some of her work and focus instead on the nasty ass comments and bitter bile that spews from her pie hole every episode. Layana came across like a spoiled entitled Princess. Glad she's gone. And in regard to that. Why the fuck was Michelle given a pass to come back and try again? She had the worst design in the view of the judges but got this trumped up "do or die" moment which was really just a re-do so they could kick someone else off. She should have thanked her lucky stars for another chance since NO ONE else got that chance. On All-Stars they had a tie at one point between Ulli and Eyebrow Josh and they had to do a complete transformation of their original outfit into another completely different outfit in (I think) an hour's time. They should have done that last week so we wouldn't have had to watch Michelle martyring around Manhattan with her Thai slave boy this week. I don't think I have ever really disliked a contestant as much as I do her.

by Anonymousreply 16604/12/2013

It was weird to see Michelle screaming no hugging and respect my space last week and then see her giving a big hug to Stanley and Leyana this week. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 16704/12/2013

[quote]There have been seasons of PR where there are one or two horrendously nasty and cunty contestants from Wendy P to Gretchen to Josh with the eybrows

How DARE you forget me! If you google my first name and "cunt", I'm STILL a first-page item!

by Anonymousreply 16804/12/2013

Oh I forgot about her! Although she redeemed herself somewhat on All-Stars especially in her friendship with what his name...the unfortunately ape like guy with the sweet personality and the will come to me...

by Anonymousreply 16904/12/2013

Casanovaaaa! (Said with an exaggerated accent)

by Anonymousreply 17004/12/2013

Haven't read through the whole thread, but what is up with Daniel's stomach?

by Anonymousreply 17104/12/2013

R166, [quote]She had the worst design in the view of the judges but got this trumped up "do or die" moment which was really just a re-do so they could kick someone else off.

Right? What was the "do or die" moment? PR simply gave them all another design challenge. So Michelle couldn't go to Europe -- big deal! There was no extra task or challenge or handicap for her to overcome. "Do or die" my ass.

by Anonymousreply 17204/12/2013

But did the stupid cow show any thanks for getting a second chance? No she acted like a Sicilian widow moping around with Tu in Rhoda and Mary hats on freaking tour bus on a rainy day in NYC. Oh and then she saw dirty buildings and got inspiration! If that's what it takes to make her happy she'd be ecstatic in Camden. I wish they would have a reunion show of this cast so everyone could line up to slap the shit out of her and Layana. I would love to break her no touching rule with a palm across her kisser.

by Anonymousreply 17304/12/2013

Um, R171, he's fat?

by Anonymousreply 17404/12/2013

I don't think it's just that, r174. It looks like medication bloat.

by Anonymousreply 17504/12/2013

I thought it was funny that the judges praised Layana's look that she wore on the runway since that looked like a parody of Anita from WSS. It seems like they had their own image of Barcelona and were unable to concede that someone had another feeling from the City. She said that she was impressed with the detail work and tiling of the architecture and that was reflected in her coat.

by Anonymousreply 17604/12/2013

I didn't hate her coat. I did hate the mermaid labia spewing out from the sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 17704/12/2013

[quote]Haven't read through the whole thread, but what is up with Daniel's stomach?

Fairly or not, with gay men that age I always assume crix belly.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, because it was 2 hours and conflicted with Tabatha, so... what happened? Was anybody eliminated? Who's continuing? And what is the deal with Michelle's not wanting to be touched?

by Anonymousreply 17804/12/2013

I think Daniel is just short and roly poly.

by Anonymousreply 17904/12/2013

Michelle is, quite simply, a hateful cunt, but she is talented. So I guess Lifetime gets another Female Winner to boast about.

by Anonymousreply 18004/12/2013

Next week Daniel has crazy ass Che hair.

by Anonymousreply 18104/12/2013

[quote]So Michelle couldn't go to Europe -- big deal!

As a matter of fact, that gave her a huge advantage.

by Anonymousreply 18204/12/2013

Exactly, R180. Sadly, Michelle's work has been my favorite all season. Stanley, as well.

As far as Layana goes, I'm happy to see her go, just for the fact that her whiny voice made me want to stick a fork in my eye every episode. I believe Nina had it in for her, mentioning in one of the past episodes that Layana had a very high opinion of her work which wasn't merited.

I'm also in the camp who is curious to see what Patricia is going to present on stage. I was happy that she made the cut. Even though her work has been pretty hit or miss IMO, they've also been interesting. As Nina also pointed out, Patricia, at least, is not copying any designer. Say what you will, but she's an original.

by Anonymousreply 18304/12/2013

Let's be honest. None of these designers will ever be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 18404/12/2013

Never mind, I'm gathering from other sources that Layana was cut.

by Anonymousreply 18504/12/2013

Didn't Gretchen beat Mondo? And who was that other chick from Portland who won? I know Google is my friend but I have Fibromyalgia and I am so painfully tender when I type.

by Anonymousreply 18604/12/2013

R186, was it Leann?

by Anonymousreply 18704/12/2013

Yea Leann...she was sweet but totally forgettable. I remember her boyfriend more than her.

by Anonymousreply 18804/12/2013

Patricia's good ideas are ruined by her lack of craft.

by Anonymousreply 19004/12/2013

Another cunty Michelle moment: when they all returned from Europe, she got sullen and pouty. Then , when asked if she got to go around Manhattan for inspiration, she said No, I just went to Mood.

Uh honey, there's video proof to the contrary, ya cunt!

by Anonymousreply 19204/13/2013

Never mind, I'm gathering from other sources that Layana was cut.

Must you circumcision trolls invade every thread?

by Anonymousreply 19304/13/2013

Layana didn't get her "Do or Die" moment.

by Anonymousreply 19404/13/2013

Why are those queens Tom and Lorenzo pushing Michelle? Was she nice to them at some PR event or something?

by Anonymousreply 19504/13/2013

Michelle is a raging cunt. She is exactly the kind of frau we hate her on the DL, but with a thin veneer of distracting hipsterism.

by Anonymousreply 19604/13/2013

The Do or Die should have been "you need to WIN the next challenge or else you're out." If she won, someone else went home, and if she didn't win, she and someone else went home. I could swear this was done in some long ago season.

by Anonymousreply 19804/13/2013

All their outfits looked so dark and dour. God, they loved Stanley's outfit, and it looked like some cross between hooker nun & naughty 18th century nurse. Layana's looked like something out of the 90's. Michelle's looked awful - that skirt was horrendous with it's big, visible hem. Don't even get me started on the top that looked like a quilted pot holder. You know Daniel didn't come up with his design on his own. Honestly, Patricia's looked strange, but it was oddly beautiful at the same time. At least it looked different, and it wasn't all dull black or grey. I would have sent them all packing, though.

by Anonymousreply 19904/13/2013

[quote]You know Daniel didn't come up with his design on his own.

Why is everyone inferring this? In his initial conversation with Amanda, he very clearly stated that he'd be going in a different direction with a very flowy/feminine skirt.

by Anonymousreply 20004/13/2013

I know this has been said every season since the first one, but this is truly the least talented and innovative group of designers that have ever made it to the finals.

Ok, none of them are particularly untalented but not one has any individual spark of creativity. They all play it so safe all the time and I'm aghast at the compliments that Heidi and Nina, in particular, have to come up with to make us believe we're seeing anything special.

Stanley, who appears to be everybody's favorite, comes up with the dullest designs each week.

It all makes me somewhat sympathetic to Patricia, who has no sense of craft or proportion or elegance. But at least she is an individual with a (very skewed!) point of view.

by Anonymousreply 20104/13/2013

I think good-hearted Patricia is one of few PR contestants I have liked. I would love it if a middle-aged chubby woman of Indian heritage would win...

by Anonymousreply 20204/13/2013

I feel sorry for Stanley's boyfriend. How would you like to live with such an abusive, domineering and boring guy?

by Anonymousreply 20304/13/2013

They are clearly giving Michelle the winner's edit. I think Patricia has a point of view. I could see a lot of English gals wearing her clothes. Like Helena Bonham Carter.

by Anonymousreply 20404/13/2013

Is it ok to call Native Americans Indians again?

by Anonymousreply 20504/13/2013

[quote]Apparently whatever Heidi wants she gets even if she's out voted.

[quote]Whatever Heidi wants, Heidi gets. Nina had a pouty face when Layana left the stage.

I don't think this is true. Heidi clearly did NOT want Gretchen to win her season a few years back, favoring Mondo instead, but was outvoted by Michael and Nina (and, one assumes, the producers). In fact, IIRC, she and Tim both made their objections public shortly after the finale aired, so no, I don't think Heidi always gets her way.

by Anonymousreply 20604/14/2013

R206. Nina and Michael were dead wrong. Mondo should have won.

by Anonymousreply 20704/14/2013

Oh yes, and I like Patricia because she designs out of the box.

by Anonymousreply 20804/14/2013

So Layana cries like a baby and wanted to make her mamma proud. She's almost 30.

Normally, this doesn't bother me, but her way of speaking makes her sound so immature. Plus, she included that she was the one that had the least amount of experience out of all the whole cast.

Well, she must have waken up and decided she wanted to be a designer, because at the age of 28, one would think she had at least ten years of experience.

by Anonymousreply 20904/14/2013

[quote]Michelle is a raging cunt. She is exactly the kind of frau we hate her on the DL, but with a thin veneer of distracting hipsterism.

If tatoo'd hipster Michelle is a "frau," then DL has pretty much rendered the word useless by making it a synonym for "woman."

by Anonymousreply 21004/14/2013

She's a 'frau' with critical, censorious attitudes towards men. 'No hugs!', professional victim Michelle is not fooling anyone - she'd be a perfect fit for Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 21104/14/2013

r211, you sound unhinged. "Critical, censorious attitudes towards men?" Did I imagine all the times she criticized the women on this show?

I get calling her a bitch, but calling her a frau makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 21204/14/2013

28 is the new 18!

by Anonymousreply 21304/14/2013

Layana was obnoxious and the judges were right about her inability to deal with high fashion. Her meltdown when she was partnered with Daniel, her wanting to get credit for his work, her "blame everyone and everything but me" mentality - all annoying.

I agree with R209, Layana's incredibly immature. She's probably watching at home with Mama, bitterly complaining about the show.

by Anonymousreply 21404/14/2013

R214, probably crying to mama about how PR [italic]unfairly[/italic] gave her a "bad edit."

by Anonymousreply 21504/14/2013

Layana is 28??? OMG, I thought she was 20 or something the way she's working that whole 'youth' thing to death.

by Anonymousreply 21604/14/2013

I liked how Michelle's helper (the Asian guy whose name I can't remember) came out wearing a polka dot top which perfectly matched the polka dots on Michelle's forearms.

by Anonymousreply 21704/14/2013

Michelle is definitely a raging twat. The no hugs rule applied only when SHE was feeling wronged, so I guess that SHE is the only one allowed to feel bad and only HER feelings matter.

So glad she didn't get to go on any trips. She was GIVEN that place in the final four, and she didn't even have to work for it. Normally, you have to win the challenge in order to stay (if it's truly "do or die"), but notice that she didn't get that stipulation.

That said, I loved her dress and I thought Patricia was a goner. Her design was horrid, and Nina was correct - there was no Paris in it. Her sketch was pretty but the final product was crap.

Even so, I completely understand why they put her through. The Native American voice is seldom heard in fashion, so this really is a one shot deal, and Patricia realizes it. I hope she doesn't embarass herself or NA's by sending some craft projects down the runway.

Stanley is getting the Kara Saun edit. Winning all the way until the end, when they go with the rebel designer with a bad attitude.

I'm also happy for Daniel. He seems like such a sweet little guy, and it's refreshing to see someone his age, so wide-eyed and appreciative of all these new experiences. And he's actually a good designer. Like he said, he's not designing for 21 year olds, so it's okay for his stuff to appear a little bit more "mature."

I really liked Layana's outfit, which is why i was so surprised she went home. Her design did say "Barcelona" to me, and Nina seemed to fight for her, but Heidi won out in the end. That's fine. We've seen Layana's aesthetic before, so we're probably not missing out on much anyway.

I say Michelle wins, followed by Stan, Daniel, and then Patricia.

by Anonymousreply 21804/15/2013

[quote]Well, she must have waken up

Waken up? For real? Please tell me English is not your first language.

by Anonymousreply 21904/15/2013

[quote]She's a 'frau' with critical, censorious attitudes towards men.

What the fuck are you talking about? She's a bitch, but she's been at least as nasty toward the women as toward the men.

by Anonymousreply 22004/15/2013

Does anyone know how the judges votes are weighted? I always assumed that the 2 main judges Nina and Michael Kors's (now Zac Posen) opinions were the deciding judges and Heidi and the guest judge du jour were sort there to give their opinion, but that it didn't really count. In past finales such as the season Mondo was a finalist, Heidi, the guest judge, and even Tim Gunn all wanted Mondo to win but Kors and Garcia's opinion ended up giving it to the other contestant. Does Heidi's vote count or is she just there to look pretty and be occasionally bitchy?

by Anonymousreply 22104/15/2013

I think Mondo's season it was a dead heat and Nina and MK felt so strongly about their choice that they eventually persuaded one more judge.

Or maybe the producers were used as a tie-breaker. Though I doubt this, because the result was not "good TV" (Mondo winning, after Gretchen getting a mean girl edit, would have).

by Anonymousreply 22204/15/2013

The way you know if a designer is really bitchy or getting the bitchy edit is by warching how the other designers interact with him/her. Everyone seems to like Michelle. She os the one Layana goes to cry to. She is the one Stanley is rooting for. Even Patricia does not feel intimidated. Michelle's harsh comments on any of the designers was always focused on design style and differences. She clearly does not like the fake mustache guy, which I can understand because he makes my skin crawl, but other than not accepting hugs from him she was civil.

The no hugs/no drama seems to be something she clearly works hard for. The reason she specifically said she didn't want hugs was that she did not like to get emotional in front of people (i.e. cameras) and felt that hugs at that moment would have made her feel more emotional.

She is also a no-bullshit kind of person and she was not going to pretend that she had to go all over New York City for inspiration while they were taking a five hour tour of European cities. She knew this was a gimmick and she used it to her advantage, taking time to design and work on her concept.

With Gretchen also I seem to remember that the other designers did not hate her as much as the audience. It was more that everyone was dumfounded by the judges's critiques. They all saw the crap she produced compared to the other more talented designers and just could not figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 22304/15/2013

I hated Mondo, so I'm glad he didn't win. He give an enormous sense of entitlement - I bet Nina and Michael picked up on that, and felt he could use a slice of humble pie.

by Anonymousreply 22404/15/2013

"Everyone seems to like Michelle."

What are you watching? Didn't you see her refuse to hug Daniel? They respect her, but they think she's a cold fish... Watch the preview for this week's episode to see how she finally notices that.

by Anonymousreply 22504/15/2013

Jesus, who'd want to hug Daniel in the first place. That weepy bastard is using his crying in just as manipulative a way as Layana. He frowns a lot but you never see any tears.

by Anonymousreply 22704/15/2013

When Stanley came back to NYC, he was dressed like The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers.

by Anonymousreply 22804/18/2013

Michelle sucks. I see nothing unique or interesting about her work... It's so Meredith Brooks, Marcy Playground, Fiona Apple, late 90's.

by Anonymousreply 22904/19/2013

Daniel is not someone I would use as a measuring stick for others' popularity. Michelle's snarky remarks mostly focused on design on purpose. She is very aware of the leading questions they get in the interview sections and how they are used out of context or sequence. If you look at what they wear at those interviews you would start noticing that some remarks were interjected into the interview sessions throughout the season even though they were clearly filmed after. Snippets of conversations are also heard out of context and out of order. I just look at how they interact with each other and avoid the sound bites. Daniel clearly thought he needed a "story." Michelle didn't even know what he was talking about. Patricia and Stanley did not think Michelle was a cold bitch, they ran to hug her or congratulate her of cry with her. Daniel was really the only one trying to make a story out of Michelle. She didn't let him.

by Anonymousreply 23004/19/2013

I'm just glad Patricia survived the cut. Goodbye Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 23104/19/2013

Funny how when Daniel finally had a reason to cry he didn't shed a tear.

by Anonymousreply 23204/19/2013

Michelle is a cunt. I've noticed that a lot of viewers really don't like her. The few people who do like her seem to be damaged thirtysomething frauen.

by Anonymousreply 23304/19/2013

Michelle seems okay, not the world's biggest bitch and not the world's least bitchy person either.

I felt bad for Daniel, he was fun and a sweetheart for most of the season. That one meltdown with Michelle was pretty bad but I just chalked it up to exhaustion/pressure.

by Anonymousreply 23404/19/2013

Michelle just seems entitled. I thought they treated her second chance as some kind of mind-game punishment, it was kind of mean and brilliant. I bet Heidi enjoyed it and was probably behind it. Michelle tats are really dumb too.

by Anonymousreply 23504/19/2013

WTF did Daniel look like on the runway? That hair? One side of the blazer looked longer than the other. A mess.

by Anonymousreply 23604/19/2013

I swear I know Stanley's partner from somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 23704/19/2013

Michelle's "no hugs" crap made me hate her. What a bitch. She thinks she's so cool. She is not.

by Anonymousreply 23804/19/2013

I would probably hate R238.

Every time Daniel speaks, I cringe.

Patricia is the least talented designer ever in the final three.

Michelle's collection is by far the best.

by Anonymousreply 23904/19/2013

[quote]Funny how when Daniel finally had a reason to cry he didn't shed a tear.

I know! He cried three times an episode and then nothing. You could see Tim entering the room tentatively expecting Daniel to have thrown himself on the floor in a weeping puddle.

by Anonymousreply 24004/19/2013

There are moments when I think, 'Oh Michelle isn't really a bitch', and then she'll say someting passively aggresively awful to another contestant and I'm reminded why I've disliked her from the start. Though seeing her family I kind of get it. They came across like the granola version of the ORDINARY PEOPLE family.

I've come to realize that whenever PR says that a designer is 'edgy' it means they do a lot of coats and pants worn with boots. Edgy!

by Anonymousreply 24104/19/2013

R241 is right.

And when she was surprised that Daniel didn't act overjoyed to see her, that showed how self-absorbed she is. When Daniel returned from the greatest experience in his life he simply attempted to hug Michelle and she pushed him away & said "No hugs!" How does she not know that this would make Daniel distrustful and unhappy to ever see her again?

by Anonymousreply 24204/19/2013

I LOVED Michelle's coat with the attachments.

by Anonymousreply 24304/19/2013

Yeah, no matter how much effort the Michelle fans try to spin her success in landing into the Top 3, she still comes across as an overly entitled cunt.

Female Wolf Power? Really?

by Anonymousreply 24404/19/2013

Daniel made my flesh crawl. I wouldn't want that weepy, creepy, clammy hysteric pressing up against my person.

by Anonymousreply 24504/19/2013

[quote]I swear I know Stanley's partner from somewhere...

The Townhouse, Marie's Crisis, The Duplex, Brandy's, Don't Tell Mama, perhaps. Any gay/piano bar catering to the over 60 crowd?

I like Stanley but the partner irritated the hell outta me in the short time he was clammoring for screen time.

by Anonymousreply 24604/19/2013

[quote]You could see Tim entering the room tentatively expecting Daniel to have thrown himself on the floor in a weeping puddle.

How difficult is it for some of you to grasp the idea that Daniel only weeps when he's overcome with joy (runs in the family - his sister did the same thing)? Sadness and anger don't get him there. He was content at the end of his journey with PR - no reason to cry. He was overcome with emotion in Berlin and during certain very positive moments of his competition. He suffers only from being TOO positive (hence needs someone else to edit his work).

Layana - a crying baby every time she doesn't get her way - did not disappoint when she was eliminated. She fell blubbering onto Michelle's arms, who interestingly then could spare hugs galore.

Let's face it, Michelle's "no hugs" policy was selective and capricious.

by Anonymousreply 24704/19/2013

[quote]I like Stanley but the partner irritated the hell outta me in the short time he was clammoring for screen time.

I kind of felt the same way except that I think he was clamoring for Tim time more than the camera.

My take: Stanley's guy is the one with the bucks in the relationship and Stanley's softly spoken, controlled, and measured words are an excellent complement to Don't Tell Mama's regular. Twenty years of ying and yang is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 24804/19/2013

I'm hoping that Patricia takes it all just because I can't stand the other two.

by Anonymousreply 24904/19/2013

Why can't you stand Stanley. Just curious, is it that he's bossy?

by Anonymousreply 25004/19/2013

Bossy and highfalutin.

by Anonymousreply 25104/19/2013

R247, I didn't write that comment but I did do the post about Daniel not crying when he was eliminated. I didn't grasp why he was crying because I didn't care. This season was boring and I only paid attention during the runway. Besides his dated gowns all I knew about Daniel is that he cried a lot. I didn't know why.

The dresses that Stanley showed Tim in his studio looked like they were designed for Maya Angelou. I don't know if they made it into his final collection but it doesn't bode well for a younger look.

by Anonymousreply 25204/19/2013

It's pretty obvious that Michelle is going to win, even though her clothes are dour and overworked. She'll disappear as quickly as all the other past winners.

by Anonymousreply 25304/19/2013

[quote]How difficult is it for some of you to grasp the idea that Daniel only weeps when he's overcome with joy

How difficult is it for you to grasp no one gives a shit? He's a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 25404/19/2013

This season was so boring. PR hasn't been the same since it left Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 25504/19/2013

[quote]Well, she must have waken up and decided she wanted to be a designer, because at the age of 28, one would think she had at least ten years of experience.

Most 18 year olds don't know what they're going to do for their rest of their lives. A lot of people don't figure themselves out until they're in their mid-20s.

by Anonymousreply 25604/19/2013

The meal at Patricia's Taos home looked delish. You could tell how much Tim enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 25704/19/2013

I know most disagree -- especially Nina -- but I like that Patricia is showing.

At least her clothes so originality and are compelling to look at.

Stanley's sportswear line is not.

None of these designers were stellar, but at least Patricia and Michelle have something interesting.

I enjoyed seeing Zac smack down gloomy Nina last night.

by Anonymousreply 25804/19/2013

I know this is off-topic, but did anyone notice how dry and limp Nina's hair was looking last night?

by Anonymousreply 25904/19/2013

R247, interesting that you didn't clip the most interesting part of the post: Daniel goes through the motions of crying yet we've never seen any tears. He's the biggest fraud, yet it seems that he chose that as his character and it almost got him officially to Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 26004/20/2013

I love Patricia's face and so I'm glad she is in the finally so she can make expressions with her eyes for another two hours. But shes not winning for her Native American/ 60's minidress collection that looks like a tornado of poor taste whirled threw San Jaun del Fuego.

Michelle is a bitch and full of herself, and has proven herself to be the Ice Queen that the majority of the gay audience hates and is repulsed by alah Gretchen, thus she is the winner for Lifetime television for Women.

Stanley is the classy runner up who designs a fabulous pantsuit for Nina to wear to a meeting at Marie Clair to discuss how to make her chin look more defined in crass low budget tv lighting.

by Anonymousreply 26104/20/2013

[quote]I LOVED Michelle's coat with the attachments.

Yeah, but how bright is she that when she was talking about the bags and the judges said it as over kill, she simply had to say, although it would be great if a customer bought three bags, this is just to demonstrate you can wear one bag three different ways, I gave options.

[quote]I know most disagree -- especially Nina -- but I like that Patricia is showing.

Nina HATES Patricia's clothes because they aren't aimed at twenty year olds, which Nina clearly thinks she is. I'm happy she's showing too, but she doesn't make pretty clothes and that chaps Nona's ass too. She would have a great carrier if some fabric manufacturer hired her to design.

by Anonymousreply 26204/20/2013

I'm looking forward to Michael Kors guest-judging the finale.

We all bitched about him but his absence has been noted this season.

by Anonymousreply 26304/20/2013

[quote]Stanley is the classy runner up...

More like, once again, the black front runner who digs his/her own grave in the finals by creating an underwhelming collection.

The lesson has been written in the wall throughout hundreds of years of history. In order to excel against the ruling class/gender/race, you have to be three times as good and never let the ball drop. When will we get a black winner who understands this?

...or maybe this time the judges will vote on the side of safe and classic...but I doubt it. like many other front runners of color before him, Stanley did not bring an original A-plus (A is not enough) game to the finals.

by Anonymousreply 26404/20/2013

[quote]like many other front runners of color before him, Stanley did not bring an original A-plus (A is not enough) game to the finals.

He does have the distinction of being the only finalist to show up for the final runway show with a bag full of material that still needs to be made into garments. So he's got that going for him.

by Anonymousreply 26504/20/2013

Finally down to three designers who from the beginning were the only ones who showed much talent. It was truly a bad season, with few surprises and winning designs that wouldn't have come close to winning in other years. But what the hell, at least some of the truly awful ones are gone. Daniel never seemed to have much talent outside the ability to make a nicely tailored jacket.

The most noteworthy part of the show was, first of all, that the chinless Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine is no longer the chinless Nina Garcia Fashion Director of Marie Claire Magazine but is now the chinless Nina Garcia CREATIVE Director of Marie Claire Magazine. And she looked bad. Really bad. SHe was dressed as beautifully as ever, but her hair was limp and wispy, her complexion was off, and she was MEAN. Really mean and bitchy -- she did everything she could to auf Patricia. Yet this time Heidi won. There were only three judges, and I can't imagine sad Zach Posen standing up to anyone, least of all Heidi. This is a boy whose success was made by his mother and probably has female issues up the kazoo. So Heidi had two votes last night, and the chinless Nina Garcia CREATIVE Director of Marie Claire Magazine only one.

by Anonymousreply 26604/20/2013

[quote]Yeah, but how bright is she that when she was talking about the bags and the judges said it as over kill, she simply had to say, although it would be great if a customer bought three bags, this is just to demonstrate you can wear one bag three different ways, I gave options.

Uh... extremely bright. That's exactly what you're supposed to do when you're presenting a line; provide options as to how it should be worn.

by Anonymousreply 26704/20/2013

Bad season, bad finalists, bad everything. The producers really need to scope out GOOD talent.

by Anonymousreply 26804/20/2013

I hate to say it but I kind of liked Michelle's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" mini-collection. It was cool and the most cohesive. I really hope she brings a different color than baby-poo to the runway next week.

If Stanley amps/sexes it up a bit and cut the Josephina Dreamcoat, he may have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 26904/20/2013

I have to admit I liked Patricia's. She at least showed some originality. Stanley's was so, as Nina would say, dowdy. Just awful. I would have picked Daniel over him. It's too bad Daniel didn't pick some items that had more color. What he showed, though, was nothing new or spectacular. Michelle's aesthetic isn't my cup of tea, but she does what she does well.

by Anonymousreply 27004/20/2013

When wil the contestants learn that doing everything in black doesn't get you anywhere?

When will the producers learn that they need to find young designers with talent and vision, not just oversized personalities?

by Anonymousreply 27104/20/2013

[quote]Uh... extremely bright. That's exactly what you're supposed to do when you're presenting a line; provide options as to how it should be worn.

Exactly, but she didn't EXPLAIN it to them when they bitched to her face that it was overkill. And then in the evaluations they said they liked the coat but mentioned again the bags were too much, as if they didn't realize you didn't HAVE to have three bags strapped o yourself.

by Anonymousreply 27204/20/2013

I don't understand any high regard for Patricia's work. She cannot structure a garment, she cannot drape one, she cannot construct one. Everything she's designed has been a variation on the same pattern. And if it's short enough she adds a pair of horribly designed shorts. Did you see the 'plaid' leather blouse and shorts she wanted to send down the runway? OH. MY. GOD.

by Anonymousreply 27304/20/2013

You need those three bags if you're planning on blowing shit up, r272.

by Anonymousreply 27604/20/2013

I have to add, too, that Zac finally brought it with this episode. No more sad Zac Posen. He actually provided some of the best insight. Although, I loved Nina's facial expressions. You can tell she thinks all the 'designers' are tacky.

by Anonymousreply 27704/20/2013

Patricia is an artist not very interested in making cookie cutter dresses. How many times can someone "design" a dress or pair of pants. Every season it's the same old thing with a different fabric. The only originality the show has is in the once a year candy/garbage. hardware store challenges. Patricia has been original and not very Maaaaary Claire magazine.

by Anonymousreply 27804/20/2013

R266 here, and not only do I love you for your praise, I love you even more for being Amanda Pepperidge. First reference to that book I've seen in years. I loved it.

Would it be forward to ask you to marry me?

by Anonymousreply 27904/20/2013

But, R278, all Patricia designs are 'cookie cutter dresses!' Every dress is patterned the same. The only thing that makes her designs stand out is the fabric manipulation. If the show were Project Textiles, you'd have a point.

by Anonymousreply 28004/20/2013

Stanley is the definition of 'cookie cutter'. Does he work for Simplicity?

by Anonymousreply 28104/20/2013

Michelle behavior makes me think that she grew up with parent (probably father) who slapped her across the face - not infrequently. She seems to have a lot of shame and rage, she vacillates between wanting connection and then isolating, hug me / don't touch me...all that stuff is classic abuse survivor shit.

Notice that no one had Tim Gunn to their home when visiting Michelle. Not in Michelle's home, not in her parents home. Instead they met in a very neutral, sterile place.

That family has some dark secrets. Yes, very much like "Ordinary People."

by Anonymousreply 28204/20/2013

Well R282, I thought Michelle's behavior was entitled and one of a person who has been indulged their whole life and told how great they are. She is a brat, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 28304/21/2013

I agree, R283. R282 is dead wrong, I think. You can tell by the way her brother acted - he hates her because she got all the attention and was spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 28404/21/2013

Michelle is one of the biggest CUNTS the show has ever had on. Just wait when the others watch what she has said about them. The reunion show {if they have one} will be a bitchfest!

by Anonymousreply 28504/21/2013

Michelle cloths look like THE HUNGER GAMES part 2. Horrible bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 28604/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 28704/21/2013

Death to Michelle!

by Anonymousreply 28804/21/2013

Are you fucking kidding me? Now that I see Michelle's runway it's completely Hunger Games shit!

by Anonymousreply 28904/21/2013

Looking at Daniel's final collection, I have to say I like it - I even like the styling. He had far better pieces he could have shown, particularly since he was going all black. Though I don't understand these designers who go the 'all black' route - they never do well on PR and always get horrible criticized.

by Anonymousreply 29004/21/2013

"clothes" :)

by Anonymousreply 29104/21/2013

I'd also say I like Daniel's collection better than Stanley's. Stanley should have called his collection 'Dowdy Mad Men'.

by Anonymousreply 29204/21/2013

I prefer Stanley's collection because I understand it. I know who he's dressing and where they're going. Patricia has a point of view which I like, but I don't know who her client is. The same with Michlle, even though I like that coat.

by Anonymousreply 29304/21/2013

[quote]Michelle is a bitch and full of herself, and has proven herself to be the Ice Queen that the majority of the gay audience hates and is repulsed by alah Gretchen, thus she is the winner for Lifetime television for Women.

Why do you say that?

by Anonymousreply 29404/21/2013

I can't believe how awful Samantha, Amanda and Richard's Fashion Week collections were.

by Anonymousreply 29504/21/2013

I'd like to know why Daniel said people recognized him. When was this show filmed ? I thought it was last year and it only aired this year. Why would someone recognize him?

Also Michelle is such a bitch that it doesn't really matter what she designs, she'll have a hard time selling to women. The same thing happened with Gretchen. If women don't like you, they're not buying your clothes no matter what. Plus she's very irritating acting as if she's so cool and young when she's 35. No one wants to wear the trashbag looks she presents. Quilted pants, really?

by Anonymousreply 29604/21/2013

Michelle's final collection is the most innovative and interesting (though not always aesthetically pleasing) of the final three. Patricia's, surprisingly, isn't as arts & crafty as I thought they'd be; interesting color and pattern choices, but ultimately, it's all over the map. Stanley's is luxe and commercial, but oh so boring. Daniel's collection is very '80s Euro new wave meets Sean Young's Blade Runner 'do. Layana's, Samantha's, and Amanda's collections have some nice pieces, but a lot of awfully fugly ones. And, unsurprisingly, Richard's collection was laughably bad -- all jersey knits, simple construction, no innovation. Probably the sorriest collection to ever show at Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 29704/21/2013

"the most innovative and interesting"

Opinions are like assholes, and yours lacks musk. Michelle's collection is so late 90's that it's painful.

by Anonymousreply 29804/21/2013

" is very '80s Euro new wave meets Sean Young's Blade Runner "

by Anonymousreply 29904/21/2013

I don't get all the Michelle hate here. She's hardly the biggest bitch this show has ever produced. In her p-o-v bits, she's mostly just voicing the truth. I haven't heard one criticism from her that wasn't right on the money.

And people hate her because she doesn't like to be hugged in an incredibly vulnerable moment with cameras zooming in for close-ups? Not all of us enjoy putting our every emotion out there for the public to scrutinize and judge.

I get so sick of this general attitude that no one is allowed to be reserved without coming across as "difficult" or "aloof". It's such bullshit. Some of us like to keep our feelings under wraps. It's not a fucking crime and it shouldn't be viewed as suspicious or negative behavior.

by Anonymousreply 30004/21/2013

It's really just the same unhinged Michelle-hater cleaning out his cache and posting over and over again, r300. Best to just back away slowly.

by Anonymousreply 30104/21/2013

" For the love of God would someone please shit in our mouths! "!

by Anonymousreply 30204/21/2013

A-ha, by using troll-dar, I see that you are right, R301, and that 302 is a fucking loon. Maybe Michelle ran over his beloved shih tzu.

by Anonymousreply 30304/21/2013

Amen, R302. Michelle is just not lovable, unless you're a fibrofrau. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 30404/21/2013

Haha I KNEW Michelle would win!!! I'm surprised Patricia came in third, because Stanley's collection was so blah, but he does seem like a classic runner-up, so whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 30504/21/2013

[quote]like to know why Daniel said people recognized him. When was this show filmed ? I thought it was last year and it only aired this year. Why would someone recognize him?

Most of the season was filmed late last year, but Fashion Week was months later, Feb. 7-14. The season started airing Jamuary 24, so by the time they came back for Fashion Week this season had been on for a few weeks.

I assume confidentiality agreements kept him from disclosing to people who recognized him that he was one of the finalists.

by Anonymousreply 30604/21/2013

Love how Michelle Don't Hug Me mentioned how great it was to see the other three finalists back in NY, and how she wanted to hug them. What a fucking hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 30704/21/2013

r266/279. While it is forward indeed to ask me to marry you, I am flattered.

But as you know, I am married to Clement Drumthwacket Pepperidge, Esg. However, he is not expected to live long (check back at approximately 3 pm PST) as I will be available.

by Anonymousreply 30804/21/2013

It's nice to have Kors back. Michelle continues to be insufferable. She looks even more so on next week's bitchy reunion show.

by Anonymousreply 30904/25/2013

Jesus the ' celebs' at the fashion show were completely D list.

by Anonymousreply 31004/25/2013

Michelle wins it all. However, given the lack of competition and the lack of, well, anything very interesting this season, this wasn't much of a shock. The only surprise in this episode was that Stanley seemed to have a complete breakdown -- his pieces were not very good, and they all seemed to have been put together at the last minute.

The most interesting part of the show was the way Nina Garcia Chinless CREATIVE director of Marie Claire Magazine looked at Patricia -- was she trying out for the part of Margo Harrington? Such venom, such boredom, such outrage, such scorn. The idea that this frumpy Native American woman and her less than editorial pieces could be featured in the her magazine! The very idea!!! Nina Garcia Chinless CREATIVE director of Marie Claire Magazine was very, very determined to keep Patricia from winning. I would have loved to have heard her comments. Nina Garcia Chinless CREATIVE director of Marie Claire Magazine is, without doubt, a bitch beyond bitch.

It was great to have Mr. Kors back. He makes Sad Zach Posen look like a ten year old boy, and, unfortunately, sound like one. I hope Sad Zach does not return if there's another season.... which I suppose is inevitable. Perhaps they can find some good designers for the next show. They only have a year to look, and 300 million people to pick from. Clearly, that wasn't enough for them this year.

by Anonymousreply 31104/25/2013

What's with Michelle's Kaposi tats? That disease is so 80's.

by Anonymousreply 31204/25/2013

[quote] I don't get all the Michelle hate here. She's hardly the biggest bitch this show has ever produced.

Hi, Gretchen!

You're right, she's only the SECOND biggest bitch this show has ever produced, next to YOU.

And the second lesbian from Portland to win, as well. Kudos, Portland! I'll be sure never to visit your fair city, if it's full of Wretchens and Bitchelles.

I called this win at least six weeks ago. I said that the unlikeable designer with the bad attitude would win over the African American frontrunner throughout the season, ala Jay and Kara Saun from Season 1.

Yawn. I really hate when nasty people like Michelle get ahead, but it seems to be a running theme on this show...

Jay, Jeffrey, Irina, Gretchen, Michelle, et al.

by Anonymousreply 31304/26/2013

Michelle did seem to be very helpful and supportive when she realized that Stanley was losing it, Patricia was kind of cold and into herself, but Michelle at least tried to show some concern.

by Anonymousreply 31404/26/2013

To R305:

Stanley came in third. Patricia was second.

by Anonymousreply 31504/26/2013

I didn't understand what was going on with Stanley. You have a good chance of winning a contest that you've worked so hard and so tirelessly all season long to win, and then you potentially throw it all away by not having everything ready just days or even minutes before showtime? Why put yourself through the added stress of trying to finish on time?

Looks like there's going to be fireworks in the reunion special. It looked like Daniel still hadn't gotten over his tiff with Michelle, but maybe it's just edited to make us think that.

by Anonymousreply 31604/26/2013

Random thoughts...

I can't understand how how all the judges loved that big, bulky sweater Michelle made with the heart on it. And not a cutesy cupid heart, an anatomically correct looking human organ. That was weird and ugly.

Stanley's boyfriend's hair-plug hairline is so low on his forehead that it looks awful and obvious.

Is the music we hear the same music they play during the actual runway show? For licensing reasons, I imagine not, but I liked the music and motif they used for Michelle's show a lot!

It was nice to see Dmitry again.

There was no need for this episode (just like the last few) to be 2 hours. More time with hair and make team just to advertise more of their products? The contestants chatting about how fat the dog at Mood has gotten? Not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 31704/26/2013

First time in how many seasons that I agreed with the judges' final decision.

I don't get all the love for Patricia as a fashion designer. I agree that she is very creative and very artistic, but as a fashion designer of garments that "people would want to wear" she is lacking. She should create art.

The little of what we got to see of the upcoming reunion seems to confirm my impression that Michelle just did not like Daniel (and who the heck can blame slimy), but did not have any problems with the other designers. We'll get to see more next week I guess. I don't find her bitch or mean. I find her confident and talented.

Stanley has issues.

by Anonymousreply 31804/26/2013

Stanley could have produced a more exciting runway show if he'd hopped over to Loehmann's and purchased 12 garments. Except I'm not certain he has the eye to even purchase them.

by Anonymousreply 31904/26/2013

Stanley appears to be as dull as dishwater, but his mom, Lovie, is probably a hoot.

Patricia may be the nicest contestant ever and her designs were always fun and interesting to look at.

The less said about Michelle the better.

by Anonymousreply 32004/26/2013

Jesus, Heidi looked like shit on the final show. Whoever dressed her and especially did that awful makeup job should be shot. If they (a team) can make RuPaul looked good every week Heidi should be a slam dunk.

by Anonymousreply 32104/26/2013

Project Runway needs a time out of about 2 years to let the talent pool get above low tide level. This season was truly an embarrassment of (whatever is the opposite of riches).

by Anonymousreply 32204/26/2013

Heidi did look like crap - I swear she was giving a good bye speech at the runway show (maybe since she is now on AGT).

Michelle was the best - she presented a complete full collection that was cohesive. Stanley was sewing up to the last second. They should have made him go first. He did not listen to the styling tips Nina and Big Lady Zac gave him so he failed.

I thought it was funny that Tim wanted Michelle to lose the sweater and that was all the judges could rave about.

Sure her clothes were a lot steam punk but you def could work them into every day pieces.

Stanley could have won it if he just styled it different but I agree - his show stopper gown was very old - very Wendy Pepper season 1 finale.

by Anonymousreply 32304/26/2013

[quote]It was great to have Mr. Kors back.

I agree. Who knew I'd miss his bitchy quips and allegories. Sometimes it was ALL he did, but he did it well.

[quote]Betty White in Dancing With The Stars

In one swoop, he managed to critique the dress ... and insult the designer, the model, the outfit, Betty White, AND Dancing With The Stars.

by Anonymousreply 32404/26/2013

Michael Kors is a butch straight man next to Zac Posen.

by Anonymousreply 32504/26/2013

I wish I taped the show because I want that Nina Look Of Disdain as my wallpaper! I think it should become the next viral meme. It doesn't even need any added text. That look says everything anyone needs to ever say about encountered stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 32604/26/2013

Next season PR should have Michael Kors and Zac Posen judging together.

by Anonymousreply 32704/26/2013

I know that I will most likely return next season, but man I am getting tired of seeing the bitches keep winning.

by Anonymousreply 32804/26/2013

I don't understand how Michelle becomes a bitch. Because she didn't want to be hugged at a particularly vulnerable moment? I loved Michelle.

And I completely do not understand any of this love for Patricia. I mean, come on! She sent this down the runway. No one who sends a dress like that down the runway should ever be thought of as a talented designer.

by Anonymousreply 32904/26/2013

Tom and Lorenzo totally nail the Nina Uber-Bitch meme. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 33004/26/2013

Loved Michelle's Bleeding Heart sweater.

by Anonymousreply 33104/26/2013

Michelle is a cunt, and will soon be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 33204/26/2013

I agree with you R322 but that's true of every reality show that spits out at least one season a year. Most of the contestants are people who didn't make the cut the year before. How many times did Stanley's partner say he'd tried out? Three? I bet he wasn't the only former reject competing this season. And I think that's been true for several years. When they flashed the winner from last season onscreen I realized I'd completely forgotten him.

This whole season has felt like one big Ross Dress for Less Challenge. I barely made it through this one so unless they come up with a better gimmick for next season (eliminated dress burned on a funeral pyre?), i'm done.

by Anonymousreply 33304/26/2013

Hate Patricia and her crafty one of a kind crap.

My favorite part of last night was when Bitchelle was going on and on about her struggles and what a hard time she had on the show, and Heidi interrupted her and asked: "What struggles?"

Very bad season.

by Anonymousreply 33404/26/2013

R330 That's the look!!! Thank you lol

by Anonymousreply 33504/26/2013

I was at a dinner party recently where I met a man who sells high end imported fabrics to designers. He also sold some to PR alumni and we talked about how they rarely get anywhere. Christian is surviving because his PayLess shoe deal helps him finance his fashion line. But other designers don't make it and one reason is their participation in PR. While participating in a reality show may give you exposure and a surge of private clients, it also gives you a stigma of being someone less than professional. The people in the business do not take PR alumni seriously and if you don't start out under some big name, it is very very difficult to break in under your own line. If the big names decidedly do NOT recruit you after appearing on PR, then you are unlikely to make a name for yourself.

Most of the alumni are still working for their own small business making whatever they make, but they will be unlikely to become household names.

by Anonymousreply 33604/26/2013

Stanley moved like a sloth. It's no wonder his collection was unfinished. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume he was taking some kind of anxiety meds. Doesn't account for taste though.

Michelle was the clear winner at the runway show, but I really wanted Patricia to win. I like her stories, even though it didn't always translate into the garments. At least it wasn't the trash heap I imagined it could have been.

by Anonymousreply 33704/26/2013

I loved it when Patricia said that Nina can be such a right-wing conservative at times.

by Anonymousreply 33804/26/2013

I thought the "Swatch has put on weight" conversation was mildly amusing.

Out of the three finalists, I suppose Michelle's win was fine. I wasn't wowed by any of the collections and I'd like to see the dummy runway shows from the auf'd designers.

by Anonymousreply 33904/26/2013

Layana, Daniel and Samantha

by Anonymousreply 34004/26/2013

Richard, Michelle and Amanda

by Anonymousreply 34104/26/2013

Stanley and Patricia

by Anonymousreply 34204/26/2013

Michelle redeemed herself a bit, in my mind, by showing definite concern for Stanley and the amount of work that he needed to complete before the runway. She even helped him pack.

I liked a few things from each of their collections.

by Anonymousreply 34304/26/2013

I'll admit that I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the show until the final few episodes but IMHO MIchelle's runway show was fantastic. It could have easily competed with the finalists of any previous season.

Those of you who are judging her runway show are too prejudiced about her personality (which I happen to find entirely harmless).

by Anonymousreply 34404/26/2013

Heidi looked like a greasy clown.

by Anonymousreply 34504/27/2013

I know, R345 - that outfit and the orange lips were HORRENDOUS!

by Anonymousreply 34604/27/2013

Patricia should have won.

Michelle may do well in her career and I wish her well, but she needs to quit being so hostile at times.

Patricia was the one truly great talent on this season of PR. I hope she prospers because she is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 34704/27/2013

I think what Patricia will do well with is her metal and textile work. I see her selling more accessory type stuff as opposed to full on clothing. Although, I imagine she'll probably also sell stuff like her loose shawl and poncho tops, too. I think her aesthetic fits in with the New Mexico craftsman type of vibe.

by Anonymousreply 34804/27/2013

'Loose shawl and poncho tops,' R348? That's her entire repertoire. She can't make anything else.

by Anonymousreply 34904/27/2013

Patricia makes clothes that are loose and shapeless but flatter short stocky bodies like her own. That could well be her niche market and I hoe she figures out a way to make that work for her.

by Anonymousreply 35004/27/2013

I want a Patricia caftan for my upcoming cruise.

by Anonymousreply 35104/27/2013

Patricia's clothes are like Eileen fisher clothes, loose and unstructured. There's a market for that not everyone can or wants super tight short spans dependent clothes.

by Anonymousreply 35204/27/2013

I can't believe you're an adult and you don't realize that the judges know exactly what they're doing. Of COURSE they know Richard is a handicap. They like to fuck with the contestants and that's why they keep bringing him back. How do you seriously not know this?

by Anonymousreply 35304/27/2013

Hence the reason why I said it, R349.

by Anonymousreply 35404/27/2013

Oh, I disagree. That wasn't real concern Michelle had for Stanley. It was faux concern so she could use it against him. More airtime to point out how pathetic he was not to have had everything ready to go.

by Anonymousreply 35504/28/2013

That's basically the assessment of any winner or contestant of any talent show, minus like, Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood. I can't even think of any other even moderately successful winner of a talent show.

by Anonymousreply 35604/28/2013

Wait a second. On the link that shows all the Designers' collections, it says that they were presented anonymously at Fashion Week so as not to reveal who the final three were.

How is this possible? Correct me if I'm wrong (I dont really remember) but didn't we see them introduce their collection? Or didn't we see each of them walk out with their final garment?

Finally, I don't understand why any of the contestants even care about making it to the actual final 3. Project Runway has always had at least the top 4 ultimately show anyway, so if the goal is to just show at Fashion Week, who really cares where you finish?

by Anonymousreply 35704/28/2013

Daniel looks good here!

by Anonymousreply 35804/29/2013

The winners of Top Chef have gone on to open their own restaurants and have great careers, in accordance with their talents.

by Anonymousreply 35904/29/2013

I think food snobbery is different than fashion snobbery, R359. Possibly because fashion is all visual and once you've been pictured next to the ANTM or PR logo, the taint just doesn't go away. Maybe?

I don't know much about how the fashion industry works, but I imagine if you work your way up the non-reality TV way, you don't get to design much at first and it's much like any other regular job. Meaning there's no room for tantrums and drama, which is what makes a star PR contestant but a less than stellar employee.

by Anonymousreply 36004/29/2013

I started watching PR the summer of 2011, and then downloaded all the episodes from past seasons and watched those. Since then there's been almost non-stop airings of PR or a spin-off (Project Accessory.) And I was happily watching it, new episodes are almost constantly airing, until now. I want it to go away for months, time for the carousel to stop spinning, I need a break.

by Anonymousreply 36104/29/2013

They dropped Project Accessory, and I doubt we'll see anymore PR All-Stars for awhile since there are no more All-Stars left to compete.

by Anonymousreply 36204/29/2013

A REAL ALL-STARS edition would be great. Have designers like Michael Kors, DVF, Zach Posen, Mizrahi, Chapman to compete, sort of like Top Chef Masters, that would be interesting. Of course none of them would do it. But then again, they whore themselves out on all the Reality shows, so they just might..

by Anonymousreply 36304/29/2013

[quote]Hence the reason why I said it,

Oh, Dear. Of course, it could have been a spoof. That's it! You were kidding. I'm so relieved to have figured that out, and so embarrassed to have figured it out so slowly.

by Anonymousreply 36404/29/2013

I'm nor fan of Michelle but her collection was the best. Cohesive and inventive. Except for the red gown made of wool. That was just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 36504/29/2013

You knew Michelle won when they started talking about all the reasons Patricia should. That they've never had a designer who represents that type of design aesthetic, and that they havent ever chosen a winner that wasn't based on commercial appeal, but could, etc.

So basically, after saying all of that, they reaffirmed that never in a million years will they reward someone if they're not commercial and if they don't appeal to Nina's aesthetic. So the spiel was just a waste of 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 36604/29/2013

You just have to remember that the winner gets a spread in Nina's magazine, the down-market Marie Claire which is for 25 yo office workers. There was no way that Patricia's collection would fit that demographic.

by Anonymousreply 36704/29/2013

[quote] I loved it when Patricia said that Nina can be such a right-wing conservative at times.

HA! I loved that comment. Patricia is hilarious. I also loved how they showed how disorganized she was, and Tim making that snarky comment while she was looking for the white fabric.

Patricia has such a cute family, and I think that her twinky son Gabriel is "one of us." Maaaaaaaaahm! And that little dance the family did? They look like they have so much fun together.

I also loved how Patricia's mother was so sweet at the end, consoling her.

[quote] I liked a few things from each of their collections.

This really is what I took away from the finale show.

I wasn't really blown away by anybody's full collection. I liked some of Michelle's, and some of Patricia's, and some of Stanley's.

Michelle just won because hers was the most finished and the most cohesive. There is no way Stanley could have won, given how he was sewing up until the last minute. No way.

Personally, I liked Patricia's collection the best. We've seen Michelle's before.

by Anonymousreply 36804/29/2013

I would watch a PR where they invited back all the designers who were AUf'ed 1st and 2nd...or one where all the 2nd place people competed.

They could never do a show like Top Chef Masters because big name designers don't really design their own clothes they have teams of underlings create 100's of sketches and they pick the ones they like put a pencil mark on it and call it theirs (kind of like how Beyonce co-writes all her songs).

by Anonymousreply 36904/30/2013

Wouldn't that just give us the same season we just had? The worst of the worst competing to be the best of the worst?

by Anonymousreply 37004/30/2013

Any of Stanley's pieces would be perfect for my mother. Of course, she has been dead for six years. She was eighty.

by Anonymousreply 37104/30/2013

I'd like someone to do a analysis of all PR winner's final collections and determine an ultimate winner.

by Anonymousreply 37204/30/2013

The only final collection I've ever 100% loved was Laura Bennett's and she lost out to that no-necked jerk.

by Anonymousreply 37304/30/2013

The only collection I can remember liking was Kara Saun's. She should have won.

by Anonymousreply 37404/30/2013

R373, Jeffrey wasn't a no-necked jerk. He was a jerk, yes, but he had a very long neck. Covered with a stupid tattoo. He had no CHIN -- which made his neck look longer, since it went all the way to his lower lip.

by Anonymousreply 37504/30/2013

Okay, maybe, I missed it, but there's no talk of Laylana's spawn making?

Seriously, she must have been pregnant on the show, and that was the reason why she thought she had to act like a baby.

Hmm... I wonder who is the lucky man.

by Anonymousreply 37605/01/2013

Instead of open casting they should headhunt contestants among promising students at respectable designs schools across the country.

Of course those people would never want the stigma of having appeared on Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 37705/01/2013

I remember Ulli's first collection being really beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 37805/01/2013

Michelle is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 37905/02/2013

It seems everyone on the reunion show was on a "journey" to "the end of the day."

by Anonymousreply 38005/03/2013

Stanley and Richard seemed very buddy-buddy.

What was with the bitch in the prom dress and tiara? She talked a lot but I can't remember a single thing she designed. Or her name.

Tu was adorable, he should come live with me.

Daniel was a mess but still a sweetheart.

The albino Englishman seemed in good spirits but the old lady kept snarling at him.

Patricia should market her one-of-a-kind pieces to boutiques in Southwestern resort towns. Native American designs on silk scarves and caftan tops at upscale spas or something.

by Anonymousreply 38105/03/2013

[quote]Patricia should market her one-of-a-kind pieces to boutiques in Southwestern resort towns. Native American designs on silk scarves and caftan tops at upscale spas or something

I'm pretty sure that's what she already does.

by Anonymousreply 38205/03/2013

While I was watching this I realized I never want to see any of these people again. And I probably won't ...

by Anonymousreply 38305/03/2013

Stanley actually came off the best at the reunion and I couldn't stand him during the competition.

by Anonymousreply 38405/03/2013

I'm surprised they didn't analyze the moment Layana tried to take credit for her entire look and most of Richard's look. Then had a meltdown during Judges deliberations. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 38505/03/2013

The earrings that Michelle wore to the reunion are reminiscent of Daniel's jackalope antler necklace.

by Anonymousreply 38605/03/2013

was this the first reunion without Heidi and Tim and the judges?

by Anonymousreply 38705/03/2013

Michelle is awful. I think she did actually benefit from the "Team" format and she knows it. That's why she's so eager to "collaborate," with the other designers. She talked shit about them during the show, but knows she can rape and use them for their talent.

She can't hack it alone.

Funny that the two of the pieces that got her a lot of attention from her collection (the sweaters) weren't even hers.

by Anonymousreply 38805/03/2013

I disagree. I thought Michelle presented herself well at the reunion and I didn't see her attacked as a 'bad bitch'. I understood her comments and everyone defended her against Daniel's comment about her being phony.

She speaks her mind and doesn't apologize for her feelings. Sounds healthy to me.

Layana got the best edit ever - she got to defend herself about the flirting with the male stripper and she wasn't individually confronted about her bitchy behavior. I really wanted 'feefty feefty' to be revisited.

Benjamin is still a cockatoo asshole. I'm not surprised everyone loves Tim Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 38905/04/2013

No, Michelle is not the cunt of this season. That crown easily goes to Layana.

No one in future seasons will ever be able to approach the hate levels of Ivy and that horrible cunt who won on Ivy's season. I refuse to remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 39005/04/2013

^ Michelle

by Anonymousreply 39105/04/2013

Can you blame them? They don't want to be associated any further with this group of talentless hacks.

by Anonymousreply 39205/04/2013

HAAAAAATED Michelle and her stupid fucking hat that fell off while she was walking down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 39305/04/2013

I guess it wasn't just editing and Michelle really is that bitchy. Not impressed. She's going to get all these people to collaborate with her so she can take the credit. Joe's sweater is what got her the most praise anyway so she obviously benefited the most from teams.

Tu was sweet. They should have shown the episode where Stanley ragged him constantly.

Stanley said he got lots of guys picking him up as a result. Maybe he's open with the old guy who's supposed to be his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 39405/04/2013

I think the old white lady would've been the real bitch of this season, but she sucked and went home early anyway.

Daniel was such a whinging little twat. I wish someone would just slap him across the face already. And you just know he's going to go on and on about that one day in Germany for the rest of his life. Tears and all.

Michelle and her bro both look gay. I wonder if they're bearding for each other? Learning Michelle had a husband was by far the biggest surprise of the season.

by Anonymousreply 39505/04/2013

While Daniel cried a little too much he seemed like a kind person. He's a 50 year old gay mexican man who was bullied and he's also a former addict. I think he's been through a lot that maybe a younger white person wouldn't understand.

I also think Michelle is a two faced manipulator. She told him one thing to his face, that she liked the shade of pink he chose & then told Tim Gunn something totally different implying that she tired to talk him out of his choices but what can you do. She was very much a game player.

If the point of Project Runway was fashion then it failed. If the point was a bitchfest of a season then bravo.

by Anonymousreply 39605/05/2013

It just goes to show you that a little bit of "stardom" will get you laid.

No way anyone would want to hook up with Stanley otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 39705/05/2013

Actually R389 what you should realize is that the fact that other contestants didn't bitch about or go after Layana for being a bitch shows that they didn't think she was. Or they at least didn't think she was the biggest bitch.

The fact that they all went after Michelle tells you she was probably a bigger bitch than the show even presented.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lifetime DID cut out a lot of Michelle's cuntier moments as they knew prior to the show airing who the winner was. They didn't want the audience to completely hate her, so SHE probably got the best edit.

by Anonymousreply 39805/05/2013

"The fact that they all went after Michelle"

They didn't all go after Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 39905/05/2013

I think the proof in Michelle's bitchiness is that she hugged Daniel on camera, and off camera showed her horns to him.

She says she likes to speak her mind, but she knows when to turn it on and off. She's not unfiltered as she likes people to believe.

So, we did learn that the whole "save" thing was just to give Michelle a free pass for failing a challenge that would have eliminated her.

Well, I hope for the next season that they give the designers time to work. Seven hours is not enough time to work.

Please, what happened to three days?

by Anonymousreply 40005/05/2013

The twist in next Season will be that NONE of them have actually been eliminated, they'll ALL show and they're ALL in the running to be the next Top Failed Reality Show Designer!

by Anonymousreply 40105/05/2013

R396. according to Daniel, his family is from Puerto Rico, so please adjust your fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 40205/05/2013

I agree that Michelle came off as even more of a bitch at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 40305/06/2013

Daniel is and always will be a victim of his past. His struggles were hardly unique or terrible either. Not to say they don't matter, but at his age and the fact he felt compelled to have to either remind us about it or use it as an excuse every episode is clear he hasn't and will never really move on.

It was fucking annoying watching him burst into tears in every other shot.

by Anonymousreply 40405/06/2013

Only when he's happy!

by Anonymousreply 40505/06/2013

Nobody went after Michelle at the reunion. They defended her! She designed the sweaters and paid someone to knit them, and as the designer, she deserved all the credit for doing so.

Daniel was annoying as hell and insincere to boot. I still don't understand his complaint about Michelle telling him he needs to think for a younger audience. Why be so ticked off at her? Tim Gunn and the judges told him the same thing a dozen more times. Daniel just couldn't let it go.

It is disappointing to me that a woman on PR can be honest and strong in her opinion, and she's labeled a bitch here. The men on PR can be catty and name-calling behind others' backs, and they're beloved here. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 40605/06/2013

^ Michelle, just stop.

No one went after Michelle? I'm pretty sure one of them outright called her a nasty bitch and Danielle certainly didn't have nice things to say about her.

And I can't stand Daniel, but do we know that she didn't actually tell him that he needed to design for a 21 year old? I mean, we saw her blatantly lie to him and say she liked that color of pink and then off-camera say she thought it was hideous.

I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled that and a bunch of other shit.

by Anonymousreply 40705/06/2013

I think the show really needs to get rid of Nina. She's the one responsible for foisting Gretchen and now Michelle on us. Nina is drab & dull & always pushes the most drab and boring contestant.

I don't know what woman wants to look like she came off the Hunger Games & the Game of Thrones set.

by Anonymousreply 40805/06/2013

I'm not a Nina fan. Is anyone? But there's always room on a 'fashion' show for a critical judge that won't give constructive feedback. Mix in stone-faced bitch and give it the title of magazine editor, she you'll see why she fits in perfectly.

Posen was hopeless and let's hope he's done with reality tv.

by Anonymousreply 40905/07/2013

I don't get the Michelle hate either. Seriously, compared to Wendy Pepper and all the other train wrecks of previous seasons, she's pretty middle of the road. Not to mention the woman who called Michelle (AND Lanaya, AND the other one) a bitch was herself the big bitch this season. She just got eliminated early on.

I think Richard lost his shit over Michelle just as he was realizing that his early wins weren't go to take him to the overall win, and that Michelle, who had a lot of early losses, was becoming serious competition.

by Anonymousreply 41005/07/2013

The difference between someone like Michelle and Wendy Pepper or Ivy, etc... is that Wendy and Ivy (and the others) didn't act like a bitch to the other contestants and then behind their backs or to the camera, act sweet and friendly. Someone like Wendy was an outright bitch, owned it, and said they weren't there to make friends.

by Anonymousreply 41105/07/2013

Michelle is talented, no doubt and I like her collection a lot but Wendy Pepper was more fun. She was more entertaining I guess. Michelle was just entitled and snarky and kind of mean.

by Anonymousreply 41205/07/2013

At first I found her tats gross and then I saw she had a matching set on her chest and then I just found the whole thing obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 41305/07/2013

If Michelle was "snarky and kind of mean" then Richard and Daniel were cruel and nasty. Their gossip behind others' back were 10 worse.

by Anonymousreply 41405/07/2013

Nina Garcia Chinless CREATIVE Director of Marie Claire Magazine is not just a bitch on the program, she's hated on the set as well. For the first few years the staff called her Meana, but then the names got worse. It's not totally her fault, though -- the poor chinless, overly made-up woman has to spend all her time around women who are either richer, prettier, or younger than she is. She never wins. So she takes it out on others. Like everyone she finds beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 41505/08/2013

‘Project Runway’ jumps the shark?

Do you hear that slight ringing sound? That’s the death knell for Project Runway.

Well, maybe not dead, but if this isn’t its last season, it’s in earshot.

Last year, Lifetime buried the lead when they casually mentioned that Michael Kors would be back only for the finale, with Zan Posen replacing him in the judge’s chair. At the time, I felt it was a mistake, and felt the decision basically meant Kors was off the show for good. No, folks emailed me — he’ll be back. It was just a “scheduling issue.”

The new season begins July 18, and the judges, once again, are Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Posen, with the addition of Tim Gunn not only as mentor but spy now, filling in the trio of behind-the-scenes goings-on, and even exercising a veto to save a designer. Tinker, tailor, solider, spy indeed, Mr. Gunn.

And there will be virtually no role for Kors this season.

This isn’t good news. Posen is a good designer but makes for dull TV. (Remember last season’s creepy “I go to high school proms every week” non-sequitur?) Season 11 was the dullest since the first season on Lifetime. The addition of a mystery contestant and Gunn’s new role have the whiff of desperation to prop up an aging series. (And this season no Texans among the 16 designers.)

It may be time to say, “Auf Wiedershesen.”

by Anonymousreply 41606/24/2013

R416, at least get the quote straight. There was nothing creepy about Posen's remark, nor was it a non-sequitur. Nina, Miss Guatemala, or wherever she's from, has/had never been to a high school prom and insisted that none of the high school girls want to wear long dresses to a prom. Zac said of course they do and Nina asked how he knew and Zac shot back that he designs prom dresses for girls every day and that's all they want, so even the quote is inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 41706/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!