Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Richard Chamberlain and His Sub-Surface Secret

Reading the publicity from back then, when Chamberlain became a star with Dr. Kildare and the media started to line up for interviews, they talked about his "too good to be true" all-American good looks and personality. But the innuendo is almost blatant in this article from the 60s. You can almost hear Diana Ross singing "I'm Coming Out" in the background.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013

I was very affected by the two-part ep. of "Kildare" as a grade schooler. My friend Judy and I used to act it out in her bedroom. It starred Yvette Mimeux as schizo surfer chick "Tyger, Tyger."

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2013

What a gorgeous looking man he was!

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2013

He was such a hottie back then!

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

Yep, I remember "Tyger, Tyger" and how my teenage sisters were devastated by it for days.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

When Yvette was having the seizures, I thought it meant the character was doing drugs, I don't think I was old enough to grasp that she was schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

I was very young, but I remember freaking out at the end when she drowned. It was the first time I'd ever seen a dead body with its eyes open. I thought that meant she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

[quote]"Dick was all eyes and a mouth wide then," recalls his pal and publicist, Chuck Painter.

Jesus Christ. There's a sentence for ya.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

He must have pulled a lot of cock when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2013

All those gay rumors were started by Vince Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

[quote]feel free to rap on Dick's door

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

Vince Edwatds was hotter if you liked tall, dark and handsome.....and hairy.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

Right you are, R11. At the time as a small kid I instinctively wanted to sit on Ben Casey's lap and stay far away from Dr. Kildare. Chamberlain was long-faced and insincere. Ben Edwards made me want to grind into him, without having a clue what THAT was all about.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

I meant "Vince Edwards," of course.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

Kim Stanley appeared on "Kildare" ....or maybe it was "Ben Casey". Watched it recently on YT and was amazed how she could take what used to be a common 'guest star' appearance, and elevate it to something great. She may have won an Emmy. Anyway, renforced why they call her 'the male Brando'. She was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.