Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Photos of Donald Trump Delivering His CPAC Speech to a Half-Empty Room

Behold, the scene at Donald Trump's CPAC speech this morning in the main ballroom. Empty seats were everywhere, although it's not entirely Trump's fault. He was given an 8:45 a.m. speaking slot, the very first of the day. Many CPAC attendees aren't even out of bed yet. Still, Trump was invited not because of his conservative bona fides (he's donated more money over the years to Democrats than to Republicans), but because he's supposedly a crowd-pleasing draw.

"Mr. Trump’s previous CPAC appearance was hugely popular among our attendees and we expect it will be even more popular this year," Al Cardenas, the head of the American Conservative Union, said earlier this month when he announced Trump's invitation.

The speech itself was mildly received. There were a few moments of scattered clapping, some chuckling. The biggest applause came when Trump suggested, once again, that we "take" Iraq's oil and use the proceeds to pay a million dollars each to the families of the American soldiers who died in the war. Trump meandered from topic to topic, but the one unifying theme of the speech was the greatness of Trump. "I've made over $8 billion," he declared at one point, for some reason. Referring to a country club he just bought, Trump said, "I'm going to fix it. I'm going to make it incredible."

"He would have had five more minutes to talk if he had stopped putting 'I' and 'me' in there and came up with some solutions instead of promoting himself," a man in the audience told us afterwards.

by Miareply 1403/15/2013

Poor Trumpy, nobody to pontificate to.

by Miareply 103/15/2013

Death pool?

by Miareply 203/15/2013

His 15 minutes are nearly up.

by Miareply 303/15/2013

That looks like a good deal less than half-full.

by Miareply 403/15/2013

He was the first speaker of the day, scheduled to speak at 8:45AM.

You know those fat, rich, old white guys don't do a damn thing until 10:00AM or until they've completed their first round of golf, whichever comes later.

by Miareply 503/15/2013

The fact the some seats WEREN'T empty is astonishing. That anybody take this lunatic seriously is a testament to their stupidity.

And yes, he may have MADE $8 billion, but he's LOST $10 billion. He's a terrible failure as a businessman, a fact covered up by bluster and suckers willing to "bask" in his aura of success. If his dad hadn't been a successful developer, The Donald would be selling life insurance.

by Miareply 603/15/2013

R6, in NO universe is Donald Trump worth $2 billion. He's not even worth a billion.

I can say I've made over $2 million dollars... but a millionaire I'm not.

by Miareply 703/15/2013

Nobody cares about this old asshole.

by Miareply 803/15/2013

that room looked more than half empty. It didn't even look like it was quarter full.

by Miareply 903/15/2013

Before the speech he was advising people to arrive early to get a seat and talking about what to do with the overflow crowd.

by Miareply 1003/15/2013

Isn't his show back on?

by Miareply 1103/15/2013

Doesn't anybody else see all those black men seated in the empty chairs.

by Miareply 1203/15/2013

He is one of the few people who I not only want to see go away, but want to see disgraced and ruined never to return.

by Miareply 1303/15/2013

[quote]The biggest applause came when Trump suggested, once again, that we "take" Iraq's oil and use the proceeds to pay a million dollars each to the families of the American soldiers who died in the war.

Hey, what if the US took the money directly from military contractors who profited from the war?

by Miareply 1403/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.