by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

Yes, OP.

The Golden Palace.

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2013

Yes. Why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2013

I lived in one till I died.

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2013

Yes, OP, for 8 months in the early 80s. I took time off from school to care for my grandfather during a long illness. (He recovered and lived another 20+ years.)

My granddad owned his suite along with a few others, but it was otherwise a hotel.

What did you want to ask? I assume you want to know if I was sucking off any of the staff? If you mean the redneck maintenance man twice my age and the Cuban house man, the answer is yes.

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2013

My impossible fantasy is to have enough money to live in good hotels for the rest of my life. Housekeeping, restaurants, room service, concierges and doormen to fulfill my whims, etc.

It's the pipe dream of someone who hates housework.

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2013

You can own a suite in a hotel?

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2013

[quote]You can own a suite in a hotel?

Alexis Colby and Jill on Y&R used to.

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2013

R5, I travel a lot for work and stay in hotels all over the world. Each stay is somewhere from 10 days to three weeks, about 8 trips a year.

It is no fun staying in a hotel. You can not just wake up in the middle of the night go grab your favorite food/desert from the fridge. You can't have your own furniture. You can't paint the wall whatever color you want. You don't have all your comfort stuff (I am particular about mattress, entertainment, etc.)

BTW, we only stay in 5 star hotels.

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2013

[quote]It is no fun staying in a hotel.

Sounds like a living hell!

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

[quote]You can not just wake up in the middle of the night go grab your favorite food/desert from the fridge.

I stayed in a suite in the Hotel Pierre for the better part of a year (at my employer's expense, thankfully). There was a full kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

"It is no fun staying in a hotel. You can not just wake up in the middle of the night go grab your favorite food/desert from the fridge. You can't have your own furniture. You can't paint the wall whatever color you want."

Then you aren't staying in the kind of hotels that I dream about. Lots of hotel rooms have kitchenettes or full kitchens, and some establishments will repaint or even redecorate for favored clients.

And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony, and a trip to Middle-Earth.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

I have live in a hotel on panama city beach now for a yearp

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

I lived in one until I died, too!

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

After leaving Bayonne, Sandra Dee (then Alexandra Zuck) and her mother lived at the Hotel Oliver Cromwell on 72nd Street for a few years. It's now a co-op.

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2013

I vaunt to be alone!

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2013

R15 You remember me!

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2013

[quote]I stayed in a suite in the Hotel Pierre

In NYC?

No one calls it The Hotel Pierre, least of all someone who lived there.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

I lived in a hotel for a year while I worked a health care job in a rural area. Had a kitchen, TV and phone. The desk took my messages. Nice view of what was happening down town. Perfect solution at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

Elaine Stritch always lives in hotels....how does the old bitty afford them?

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

I lived in a hotel part of the year in - wait for it - Des Moines. Work travel with unlimited expense account - the glory days of IT but what a dull hole to be stuck in.

Hotel living was fun at first, but mostly like living in an apartment with maid service. The staff turnover and the number of assholes on it made life too unsteady. Ended up renting an apartment instead.

But local boys were always impressed. Just my being able to say, "Can I get you anything from room service," and then calling down to say, "Tony? Would you send Tom up with a couple of gin and tonics and don't let any calls through" gave them a thrill.

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

Bitty? Isn't that what that Little Britain guy says when he wants to breast feed?

I lived in a hotel for a couple of years. Unfortunately, it was a seedy SRO. I shared two bathrooms with everyone on my floor. There was sink in the corner of my room. I had one of the "quieter" rooms in one of the nooks off the hallway. The guy across the hallway was some kind of disgraced clergyman who would get drunk off his ass every night and call family members to scream abuse at them at about 3:00 A.M. No idea why they kept taking his calls night after night. But you could pretty much set your clock to when his tirades would begin.

I remember this one alcoholic down low gay man had an ENORMOUS super expensive television in his room. WTF? He must have been renting it because I can't think of any reason to stay if I got enough money together to get the hell out of there. It wasn't exactly cheap. The only financial upside was that you didn't have to get first, last and deposit together to move in.

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

lol. I love you R20

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.