Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blind item

This TV Star used to think that he was oh-so-critical to the success of this TV show. They couldn’t possibly succeed without him!

He demanded top dollar, slept with practically every female who wanted to be part of the show, and flexed his power by telling producers to fire anyone who he didn’t think was up to his standards.

When people started blaming him for the bad decisions that led to his show’s decline, he initially asked producers to lie and say that was not been responsible for the changes. In fact, tell everyone that he fought against them! Yes… that’s it… that’s the story! He really wanted his colleague to stay! And he even offered to step down to make that possible! He is a hero, not the villain! And…and…and…

Oh, please! According to staff at the show, this entire story is pure bullsh*t. They were trying to save their star, they couldn’t, and now the whole thing is such a mess, they only have one option left: They are going to throw TV Star himself under the bus!

Yes, karma has come full circle, and he is getting the boot. Although he does have a contract that runs through next year, producers are now getting their ducks in a row to push him out. They will be offering him money to walk away before his contract expires. While the buyout will be very expensive, it would be even more expensive to let him stay and watch ratings continue to decline. So they are going to bite the bullet, and pay him the big bucks to go away sooner rather than later. They don’t have a story yet to go with his departure (Illness? Family? Other opportunities?), but we’re sure they will come up with some baloney excuse.

Oh… one final thing. He doesn’t know that this is happening yet. They will be meeting with him tomorrow. Yes, you know before he does.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2013

This isn't even blind.

Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2013

Yes, indeed, this BI would be about Lauer, if it were to actually happen, which I doubt.

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2013

Yeah, not even Helen Keller needs to 'read' or 'hear' this Blind to know right away who it's about.

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2013

Umm, I'll take Matt Lauer for $500 Alex...

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2013

It wasn't only females he slept with, according to Rosie O.

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2013

Yeah, Ray Charles could read this one.

He's such a douchebag, I'm glad he's finally getting fired.

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2013

And here I thought it was about Maggie Smith!

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2013

Nice try, but Lauer ain't going.

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2013

Whether true or not, I'm just glad he's being called on his "I was the only one sticking up for Ann!" Bullshit damage control.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

I doubt anyone woud believe it anyway R9. Unless he can pull a ratings increase high and fast he's gone. I wonder if Willie will replace him? That is when he goes. I think it's more when than if.

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

I'm such an idiot. When someone says "TV show," I still think they mean scripted.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2013

The "I volunteered to leave" bit is what made it so laughable. Right. As if that would EVER happen. Who do you think they'll get to replace him? Anderson will be available in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2013

No one addresses the real problem, Matt's just not cute any more. Slap a rug atop his head stat and the ratings will rise.

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2013

The best thing NBC could do - and perhaps assist Lauer in return - is to pay off Ann Curry and free her to pursue work with another network. Ann is rarely seen on NBC and people DO notice. This is one of those situations where egos need to be swallowed and decent actions taken. There has been no winner in any of this.

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2013

Me too, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1503/14/2013

His obviously dickish personality can no longer be offset by his good looks.

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2013

The question isn't is he leaving, it's who will replace him.

Other than Cooper, I can't think of anyone who could step in and run with that job.

TPTB would need to have an exit plan before he was canned.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

A good example about how a public image can make one's career and how a career can go down in flames when said image turns out to be fake.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

Would Anderson want to do it? It's quite a commitment that prevents him from doing anything else, like being a serious reporter travelling all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

Thomas Roberts could totally step into Lauer's shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

[quote] like being a serious reporter travelling all over the world.

Uh ... "Where in the world is Anderson Cooper"?

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

Just don't let Willie Geist be the replacement - complete milquetoast bore!

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

Make Keith Morrison the replacement! Or Regis Philbin!

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2013

This is kind of a Valley of the Dolls moment, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 2403/15/2013

How about John Muller from ABC? He seems ready for the big time.

by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2013

I like Willie Geist, but not sure he's ready yet.

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2013

Here you go! Ting! Ting!

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2013

Well if they are going to replace Lauer with the ugly guy with no personality they hired for the 9:00 hour, the ratings will plunge even more. And Seacrest will never take it. It's not enough money to give up LA, his radio show, Idol and his entire billion dollar production company is based there.

by Anonymousreply 2803/15/2013

I remember when he replaced Richard Bey on the old People Are Talking show. I thought, "This guy is a nobody who is going to sink fast."

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!