Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Was Janet Leigh devastated by Jamie Lee Curtis's being born a hermaphrodite?

Janet seemed so proper and cordial (at least as played by Scarjo in that Hitchcock movie.)

by Anonymousreply 6204/04/2015

Have you fingered her m/p-ussy, R1?

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2013

It seems as if you're saying that hermaphrodites couldn't possibly be sweet, kind and generous. That would be bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2013

Janet Leigh was always the poor man's Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2013

R4 This is R1. I was going to leave my statement as it was, but I am responding to you because I did not intend it to sound bigoted. It was not intended that way. I do not know any hermaphrodites (to my knowledge), but I'm sure that many are sweet, kind and generous. However, I don't think it's fair to Ms. Curtis to have to be subjected to this rumor that is absolutely not true. If it were, so be it. That would be fine. But, she is not, nor has she ever been, male.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2013

Don't most people know this is an 80s era rumor? Like the Richard Gere gerbil story or the Rod Stewart stomach full of semen or the affair between the female costars of the Accused? Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2013

This is one of the stupidest DL 'memes" ever. She's not a hermaphrodite, and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Obviously, that wouldn't include OP, since he is clearly brainless.

by Anonymousreply 903/15/2013

Has anyone seen the "Murder, She Wrote" episode with Janet Leigh?

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2013

JLC was definitely born a hermaphrodite. That's a fact. But there's nothing wrong with that, it's not so uncommon, and by the way, R1, I know several people who've worked with her and they all says she/he is a total bitch/bastard.

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2013

What about her sister Jennifer Jason Leigh

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2013

R11, you're full of lies.

Where is your proof that she's a hermaphrodite? You have none. Just "that's a fact." Facts are provable - yours isn't.

And you're also lying about knowing several people who say she is a total bitch, because she's not. She's well-known, and well-loved, as one of the most gracious people in Hollywood.

What kind of damage do you have to make up such lies, fuckhead?

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2013

where did this rumor about her originate from?

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2013

R11, is the shit that comes out of your fetid prolapsed asshole as awful as the shit that comes poring out of your ignorant mouth?

Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2013

i am loving this thread... claws out bitches!

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2013

Genuinely curious, but does anyone know the origins of Jamie Lee Curtis being a hermaphrodite? I never heard this until reading it on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2013

[quote] know several people who've worked with her and they all says she/he is a total bitch/bastard.

LMAO @ bitch/bastard..

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2013

R17, her birth certificate says "Girl-Boy"

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2013

You know that "intersexed" is different from "hermaphrodite," right?

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2013

I heard that she was born with androgen insensitivity syndrome, not a hermaphrodite. Meaning that genetically she is male, which is why she has no kids because she's sterile, but she developed as a female as all fetuses do if not exposed to androgen or insensitive to it. Just a rumor though, no idea if it is true.

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2013

Snopes says they don't know if she's intersexed or not.

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2013

Here's a LONG article on the question.

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2013

ScarJo plays her a bit coy and ambitious- she seemed eager to please and a bit of a brown noser.

by Anonymousreply 2403/15/2013

This isn't gossip, this is mean.

by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2013

She has an extra chromosome. That's why she couldn't conceive. She's not a hermaphrodite.

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2013

I read a Medical Mysteries column in Discover Magazine 15 years ago on androgen sensitivity syndrome.

It was directly in a thinly veiled way about Jaime Lee.

I don't know if the rumor is true, but it pre-dates DL.

R17 this is in reply to you.

by Anonymousreply 2703/16/2013

She is barren....had to adopt children.

by Anonymousreply 2803/16/2013

It didn't help that her husband is gay.

by Anonymousreply 2903/16/2013

S/he is one of the sweetest, kindest freaks of nature alive.

by Anonymousreply 3003/16/2013

a little off topic, but I think she had a brother who lived on Cape Cod. I always find it interesting how the brothers/sisters manager with a famous sibling. I remember reading that Meg Ryan had a sister that worked at a Stop and Shop in Hyannis, MA.

by Anonymousreply 3103/16/2013

This is a reply to the lunkhead who said Jennifer Jason Leigh is Jamie Leigh Curtis' sister: Jennifer Jason Leigh is the daughter of actor Vic Morrow and screenwriter Barbara Turner. Her parents divorced when she was two. Leigh's birth name was Jennifer Leigh Morrow.

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2014

I had a former roommate, whose Dad was a doctor and personally knew the physician who delivered JLC when she was born. All he said was that JLC was born without a uterus.

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2014

Do you remember the 1980s miniseries "V"--when the half-alien lizard child crawled out of the woman's vagina in the delivery room and hissed at her and the mother screamed? It was exactly like that.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2014

What are its preferred gender pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2014

DL can be funny now and then and has pretty pictures. Then comes this thread. This thread is horseshit! It is for what purpose OP?

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2014

R32, you idiot, the poster you're replying to is no longer around, since the rest of the thread is a year and a half old.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2014

Whoever said that this rumour is a DL meme is wrong,

I first heard that JLC was a hermaphrodite in the late 1980's, in Canada.

JLC seems like the kind of person who would be open about something like this though, so I doubt it's true.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2014

R38, did you also have a friend of a friend who got an invitation to the Rock Hudson-Jim Nabors wedding?

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2014

r31 one of her younger half brothers who lived on Cape Cod died several years ago of a drug overdose. He was buried on the Cape, his mother (Tony Curtis's ex) lived there and I think he went to high school there.

The local press had brief coverage of the funeral, the whole family was there in tears inc JLC. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2014

R33, how could the delivering doctor know that JLC didn't have a uterus, you do know they're on the inside don't you?

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2014

Wish she would the horror/autograph conventions. I would love to meet her. She only ever did one about two years ago and not one of the big ones and she donated all the money to a Children's Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2014

R39, aka unfunny fuckhead, I have a lot of friends in the film industry, and some in music, and a lot of friends in law and finance, mostly in Toronto and Vancouver. I was also did some acting when I was a kid. So yeah, I know people connected firsthand to some celebrities, even met a few myself.

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2014

Jamie was NOT born with a penis. She has CAIS. She has the more common type, with completely normal female external genitalia but lacking a uterus or upper vagina. She would have more testosterone and a slightly larger clitoris than the average woman, however no one would has seen her naked or had sex with her would even know the difference.

Kim Novak and Ann Coulter also have CAIS.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2014

R1 - so you're saying if she WAS born hermaphrodite she couldn't possibly be nice and sweet and charming etc?

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2014

Hung like a mule.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2015

I think it was Ted Casablanca or Michael Musto who mentioned those hermaphrodite rumors and she just flinched and didn't say anything.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2015

Newborns aren't given internal gynecological exams, moron at r33.

And r44 is a fabulist of a rather low order.

by Anonymousreply 4803/01/2015

R33 thinks obstetricians do pelvic exams on newborns.

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2015

It has been proven that she is she was born with both male and female parts, but had the male parts removed to become legally female. She admitted it on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 5004/03/2015

I believe you, r1, that she's not. I have no problem believing you that this is an urban myth.

However, do you realize when you say things like "Jamie Lee is one of the sweetest, kindest people I have ever met. She's generous and would do anything for a person in need. Like I said, sorry to spoil your fun"

that you are implying that intersexed born people can't be sweet, kind and generous?

You may want to apologize.

by Anonymousreply 5104/03/2015

My lasting image of Jamie Lee Curtis is her sitting on a couch and pooping in her pants as she eats Activia yogurt

by Anonymousreply 5204/03/2015

What R52 said. Except she's also adjusting her dick.

by Anonymousreply 5304/03/2015

Did someone say something about Edward Murrow and Lana Turner?

by Anonymousreply 5404/03/2015

I think I am an intersexed person. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 5504/03/2015

[quote]I think it was Ted Casablanca or Michael Musto who mentioned those hermaphrodite rumors and she just flinched and didn't say anything.

Jamie thought the rumors were hilarious, she always had a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 5604/03/2015

What does it mean to be born with the organs of both sexes? Is there a penis protushment and a vaginal hole?

by Anonymousreply 5704/03/2015

I has the pole and the hole!

by Anonymousreply 5804/03/2015

R1 You can know Jamie Lee all you want, you're not privy to her medical records and genetic profile.

by Anonymousreply 5904/03/2015

My mother remembered when Janet & Tony had their child as the L.A. Times had announced they had a son and they were going to call him James. Janet was in the hospital for quite a while and she and Tony kept very quiet about the baby. My mother was a BIG Tony Curtis fan and she remembered all of the Hollywood news from back in the 40's, 50's and 60's eras. She told me this as I used to spend a lot of time watching old movies with her, inclusive of the films with Curtis and Leigh. My mother would not lie to me and make this up as she had a mind and memory as sharp as a tack. Jamie Leigh is definitely a hermo and because of this she and Tony NEVER got along as he was very ashamed and consequently divorced Janet. Jamie Leigh hardly ever spent time with her father.

by Anonymousreply 6004/04/2015

I meant to write Jamie LEE - mea culpa

by Anonymousreply 6104/04/2015

I saw Jamie Lee walking by me with her girlfriend one day at the Galleria Mall. The brunette had her arm protectively around JLC's shoulder. Both were rather tall with short, styled hair. I think JLC wore earrings and light makeup. They seemed to be very nice, casually dressed, exchanged a friendly smile.

I saw JLC again solo in Century City at a showing of her father's art work. Didn't have any "celebrity airs." While she prefers to wear casual slacks she doesn't strike me as being a career woman rather than having masculine energy.

by Anonymousreply 6204/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.