Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chelsea Clinton buying $10.5 million apt in NY

In today's NY Daily News:

Chelsea Clinton and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, are buying a sleek, $10.5 million apartment overlooking Madison Square Park, sources said.

by Anonymousreply 10803/15/2013

Bill makes an estimated 500K per speaking engagement and Hillary makes about 250K per engagement.

In less than two months their parents could pay it off for her.

Besides if it's in Manhattan it has bed bugs.

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2013

WhaaaAt?

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2013

R2? I think you are on the wrong thread dear.

Why is Chelsea Clinton gonna live in a 10 million dollar apt? Sheesh. And I just do not see her parents buying her an apt that expensive. I have seen their Chappaqua NY house up close- it is a medium size house on an uppper middle class cul de sac. I gather they are looking or have purchased a second home in the Hamptons and also have a place in DC although I think they may rent it. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2013

I don't think 10 million is expensive in NYC, but I could be wrong. Poor R2.

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2013

I really lost the genetic lottery.

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2013

R5, yes 10 million IS expensive in NYC. I've lived here all my life.

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2013

I want to know what thread r2 thinks he is in? That sounds way more interesting than this!

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2013

Would you believe this is the lead story for the Daily Mail today? The photo on their portal page is HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

Remember when Bill and Hill had to borrow money to come up with the downpayment on the Chappaqua house before he left office? My, how times have changed. At least someone is doing ok in this shit economy.

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

Does Chelsea have a job?

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2013

Why, yes, R11, she is one of America's most trusted, beloved, and hard-working journalists. Just ask Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2013

Chelsea obviously needs a safety, but she doesn't an over the top place that this.

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2013

Weren't there rumors that her marriage to Mezvinsky was on rather shaky grounds?

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2013

I heard Chelsea on a radio interview not long ago and her tone of voice sounds exactly like Hillary's.

by Anonymousreply 1503/14/2013

Yeah I thought they were divorcing.

by Anonymousreply 1603/14/2013

[quote]Why, yes, she is one of America's most trusted, beloved, and hard-working journalists.

Oh, so she's a blogger? Like that McCain girl?

by Anonymousreply 1703/14/2013

He saw her pre-surgery pics and asked for a "trial separation".

by Anonymousreply 1803/14/2013

Didn't she convert to marry her husband?

by Anonymousreply 1903/14/2013

Hope they have enough money leftover to replace that distressing chandelier over the dining table.

by Anonymousreply 2003/14/2013

I need your valued opinion my friends at Datalounge. Do you think my Chelsea is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 2103/14/2013

[quote]Chelsea obviously needs a safety, but she doesn't an over the top place that this.

Que?

by Anonymousreply 2203/14/2013

Hillary, hon, my dad was one, and look at how great he was.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2013

Great space. Seems enormous.

I think after growing up in the White House, and being the brunt of a lot of mean jokes, she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 2403/14/2013

Let them eat cak!

by Anonymousreply 2503/14/2013

Mum and Dad need to park their money somewhere. At least it will be lived in, unlike so many other million-dollar condos in Manhattan owned by global oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 2603/14/2013

There are nicer places in the city for $10.5 million, but a newcomer wouldn't know that. Dicey neighborhood at night. Idling buses headed to Westchester on 26th during the day. Can't get into and out of the city by car easily from 26 and Mad. Is there a parking garage in the building? Doesn't seem to be a well thoughout decision.

by Anonymousreply 2703/14/2013

She really is the people's princess.

by Anonymousreply 2803/14/2013

Did Datalounge finally decide on when we start killing the rich?

by Anonymousreply 2903/14/2013

Imagine grocery shopping in that neighborhood. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 3003/14/2013

Right R30. Eataly for groceries, but worse than that there's no liquor store!

by Anonymousreply 3103/14/2013

[quote] I have seen their Chappaqua NY house up close- it is a medium size house on an uppper middle class cul de sac. I gather they are looking or have purchased a second home in the Hamptons

Not that I know of yet. I hear they are looking, though. Up until now, whenever they came out here, it was for a fundraiser and they stayed with friends. They were not often together, though. Usually it was Bill who came out here and stayed with friends. Hillary was a workaholic as Secretary of State. .

by Anonymousreply 3203/14/2013

Does Marc have a job now or is he still a ski bum?

by Anonymousreply 3303/14/2013

Two words: conspicuous consumption.

I detest Chelsea Clinton. And no, I'm not a freeper, I'm a Democrat. Despite all the fawning press she gets (She's so smart! She's so down to earth! She's become quite a beauty!), she seems to me like a snobbish, spoiled, moneygrubbing little twat who gets high profile, very high paying jobs because her last name is Clinton.

Since marrying her her poor husband has become seedier and seedier looking. In photographs with her he looks like a homeless person: rumpled, with his hair (what's left of it) uncombed and face shadowed with beard stubble. I guess it's not easy being married to Chelsea Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 3403/14/2013

Why didn't Chelsea move to Chelsea?

by Anonymousreply 3503/14/2013

Strange...I though Kyle Richards owned that apartment.

by Anonymousreply 3603/14/2013

$10.5 million to live where you used to be able to pick up a hooker and and a gram of blow for $100 combined?

What a waste. How funny that the celebrities of yesteryear used to be fine with buildings like the Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 3703/14/2013

R34,

She grew up in the White House. That qualifies her for all kinds of high-paying work, especially with her degree from Oxford. She didn't ask to be born into that life, and it's no picnic having to spend your entire adolescence at 1600 Penn.

I'm sure as hell glad my paernts never won, or ran. Growing up in NYC was bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 3803/14/2013

Word at Curbed Hamptons was that the Clinton's have been looking for a place in the Hamptons.... but could that mean Hillary won't run?

Mutt Romney could have 20 houses all over the country and the media won't care, but just ONE home in the artsy-fartsy, glittery, eastern liberal establishment (aka Jewish) Hamptons and Fox will never let it go. Sure, it's fine that Giuliani has a place out here, but when a democrat has a place here it's all, "Paris Hilton, art gallery openings, elitists pretending to care about the little guy" from the rightiwing media. Celebrity culture, ewww!

by Anonymousreply 3903/14/2013

[quote] who gets high profile, very high paying jobs because her last name is Clinton.

This makes her no different from most children of prominent or wealthy people.

by Anonymousreply 4003/14/2013

Can you imagine how much damage having daddy stick cigars up Monica Lewinsky's hoo hoo did to young Chelsea's psyche? If I were her I'd act like an entitled cunt all day long.

by Anonymousreply 4103/14/2013

R27, how do you know so much about buses and tunnels? Who ever needs to leave Manhattan? I smell B&T!

by Anonymousreply 4403/14/2013

For starters, she needs the security because her parents will be staying now and again with the forthcoming grandchildren. And there is a slight but plausible possibility that grandma will be President of the United States at that time.

by Anonymousreply 4503/14/2013

I want a townhouse. Have you ever looked at townhouses? Well in Brooklyn they call them brownstones. They are like a million and a half there. Well, in Manhattan, they are about 20 million! Why is Manhattan that much more expensive than Brooklyn? Well, don't answer that, I know the answer. Manhattan is Manhattan and Brooklyn is...well, Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 4603/14/2013

[quote]The left wing rich pigs get a pass!

Marc Rich certainly got one from President Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 4703/14/2013

[quote]Why is Manhattan that much more expensive than Brooklyn?

Location, Location, Location!

by Anonymousreply 4803/14/2013

I don't mean this nasty but couldn't she have used some of that money on her face? Why is she walking around with that thing...STILL? I'm not being sexist either because I think a lot of men could do with a little nip and tuck too. There's just no excuse for being dog ugly when there's so many advancements in cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 4903/14/2013

Also wondering WTF made them pick that neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 5003/14/2013

Funny that there's a cheap Ikea chair in that bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 5103/14/2013

A house for r46, who doesn't understand real estate pricing.

by Anonymousreply 5203/14/2013

Mezvinsky is wealthy. He doesn't need the in-laws to buy a place, even at 10.5 million, which, btw, is probably the reported price.

I'll bet the actual price is lower.

by Anonymousreply 5303/14/2013

Madison Square park has been traditionally a work neighborhood.

Residential housing there is pretty new.

by Anonymousreply 5403/14/2013

Wow, this is the kind of venom you guys usually save for out gay guys, minorities, and women. I thought the Clintons were sacred ground never to be desecrated. What did poor Chelsea do to deserve this?

by Anonymousreply 5503/14/2013

[quote]What did poor Chelsea do to deserve this?

NOTHING!

And it's precisely because she doesn't deserve this ($10.5 million apt.) we are bitching.

by Anonymousreply 5603/14/2013

Wasn't CC supposed to be some kind of "investment banker"?

by Anonymousreply 5703/14/2013

R 27 here. Live in Manhattan (in the Gramercy area) with summer home (that's why I leave Manattan), R44. Quite familiar with Chelsea's nabe, as well as logistics required to arrive and depart city during summer season.

by Anonymousreply 5803/14/2013

None of you know shit about anything.

I lived in the neighborhood for more than 21 years and there's been several grocery stores within walking distance for ages. It's not like they're living in Maine, where you have to travel 30 minutes to buy milk, nor are you likely run into Chelsea at the Whole Foods on 24th, so calm down. I'm sure her staples are delivered or the help take care of that.

It's a great central location north of a lovely park with a great but absolutely stinky dog run (get rid of the pebbles already), decent shopping on 5th and good restaurants nearby.

Yes, the buses parked at 26th & Madison are annoying, but they're allowed to idle as much. And who's home during the day to hear and smell all that?

by Anonymousreply 5903/14/2013

The area around Madison Square Park is becoming increasingly chic and if they live east of the park then that's more the overall Gramercy Park neigbhorhood which has been commanding exorbitant real estate prices for years now.

I actually think it's a cool choice. Much better than choosing something predictable like the West Village, SoHo or TriBeCa like every other "trying to be hip" yuppie in their thirties.

An even more interesting choice would have been if they moved to Cobble Hill or Park Slope. They would have been able to buy a magnificent brownstone mansion for that price range.

by Anonymousreply 6003/14/2013

Did you think Chelsea was ever going to marry poor? Of course her husband is a rich Jewish finance guy.

by Anonymousreply 6103/14/2013

Not bad for the children of four public servants.

by Anonymousreply 6403/14/2013

[quote]liberals can be part of the 1% without criticism from others on the left. It's a paradox

Liberals aren't on the left. Liberalism is a centrist position.

by Anonymousreply 6503/14/2013

[quote]liberals can be part of the 1% without criticism from others on the left. It's a paradox

No, a reality. Rich liberals aren't Rich Coservatives....big difference.

by Anonymousreply 6603/14/2013

"She grew up in the White House. That qualifies her for all kinds of high-paying work, especially with her degree from Oxford.'

What qualified her for her cushy job as a "reporter" for NBC? NOTHING! Nothing except her last name. And as many people commented, she sucked at it.

by Anonymousreply 6703/14/2013

Poor Chelsea, she'll never do anything right.

by Anonymousreply 6803/14/2013

I just have Clinton fatigue. I just wish they'd go a way. At least for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 6903/14/2013

"For starters, she needs the security because her parents will be staying now and again with the forthcoming grandchildren. And there is a slight but plausible possibility that grandma will be President of the United States at that time."

Boy, YOU sure have all their futures mapped out.

What makes you think there will be any "forthcoming grandchildren?" Chelsea Clinton doesn't strike me as the maternal type; she seems very driven and career-oriented and self-centered. I don't think there will be any little rugrats coming along any time soon for Grandma Hillary and Grandpa Bill to bounce on their arthritic knees.

As for "grandma" being President of the United States in the near future..well, I'd say that possibility is very, very, very slight indeed.

by Anonymousreply 7003/14/2013

[quote]Up until now, whenever they came out here, it was for a fundraiser and they stayed with friends. They were not often together, though. Usually it was Bill who came out here and stayed with friends. Hillary was a workaholic as Secretary of State.

Now that she's no longer Sec of State, what excuse will they use for living separately?

by Anonymousreply 7103/14/2013

I don't think this is sour grapes, but it's unseemly for her to be living in a huge place like that. Who needs a 5000 square foot apartment with 4 bedrooms and 5-1/2 baths? Aren't Democrats supposed to be a little more enlightened and aware about ostentatious lifestyles?

by Anonymousreply 7203/14/2013

R34, 67 70 - Wow, R45 merely offers a perfectly plausible scenario for a young, married woman whose father happens to be an ex-POTUS and her mother has a better than fair chance at becoming the next POTUS and you shit on him for "mapping out her future?

Yet, you seem to know Chelsea Clinton and her heart better than the rest of us put together.

Let's see:

She's snobbish, spoiled, moneygrubbing little twat.

She's responsible for her husband's lack of motivation and seedy, disheveled appearance.

She's not maternal, very driven and career-oriented and self-centered.

Could you please validly describe all (or at least some) of the behavior that leads you to conclude that she is everything you describe? You realize that you don't sound terribly sane, don't you?

Is your name Rick Santorum by chance?

by Anonymousreply 7303/14/2013

I wonder if Hillary will sell her Wash,DC house?

by Anonymousreply 7603/14/2013

Good for her.

Isn't her husband from a rich family?

She needs to be in a building with privacy and good security.

by Anonymousreply 7703/15/2013

I had to stand between Bill and Hillary at a performance of "Ann" starring Holland Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 7803/15/2013

oops don't scroll down in that photo I posted....there is a picture of that fat girl from Prada that everybody hates right below the picture of me.

by Anonymousreply 7903/15/2013

Only $10.5 million? Pssh.

by Anonymousreply 8003/15/2013

WOW! that place is lifeless as hell!It's very sterile, boring, and dull! There is no character and charm.

by Anonymousreply 8103/15/2013

[quote]It's a great central location north of a lovely park

New Yorkers are so deluded.

by Anonymousreply 8203/15/2013

That apartment doesn't look worth that much money. Maybe half.

by Anonymousreply 8303/15/2013

Isn't her husband a banker?

by Anonymousreply 8403/15/2013

"Dicey neighborhood at night."

Well, yes, if you consider any real sense of actually being in Manhattan dicey. Apart from that, as someone who lives two blocks away, you're completely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8503/15/2013

They often find a body in Madison Square Park on "Law & Order." In reality, it's safe.

by Anonymousreply 8603/15/2013

Chelsea will be seen in the line at Shake Shack this summer. Paparazzi in the trees!

by Anonymousreply 8703/15/2013

Frankly, If I had that kind of money I'd rather live in Tribeca or W. Village. If for not other reason then to be able to run on the promenade; enjoy the sunset.

And I'd never pay that kind of money for a place without a spectacular view. A location and a view is what you pay for in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 8803/15/2013

I really don't think there are any dicey neighborhoods in Manhattan any longer. Even Harlem is more or less gentrified now.

by Anonymousreply 8903/15/2013

If for no* other

by Anonymousreply 9003/15/2013

[quote] Aren't Democrats supposed to be a little more enlightened and aware about ostentatious lifestyles?

Wow, you're very naive. If that had come from a child, it might be charming. When it comes from an adult, it's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 9203/15/2013

It happens to be an incredibly awesome neighborhood. totally central and very cool. I have worked here for over 20 years and live on the upper east and increasingly have been thinking about moving closer to work because the neighborhood keeps getting better and better.... largely thanks to Danny Meyer.

And they just opened a Sarabeth's on 27th!

by Anonymousreply 9303/15/2013

Too much white! I'm going blind from the glare!

by Anonymousreply 9403/15/2013

Is Aiello's still in that neighborhood? They had the best pizza and wings. They used to be in the 30s back when I lived on 34th St. Ron Darling used to get pizza there.

by Anonymousreply 9503/15/2013

Gorgeous place, once some real furniture and decorating happens, it will be SPECTACULAR!

by Anonymousreply 9603/15/2013

Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 9703/15/2013

R94, I'm with you. I was thinking the same thing.

R96, if that is what you define as gorgeous and spectacular living, then all power to you. I prefer class, elegance, and history than a place that looks like an IKEA showroom for 10.5 million.

by Anonymousreply 9803/15/2013

I hate it, hate IT, HATE IT.

by Anonymousreply 9903/15/2013

On the up side, it's screaming close to the 40/40 Club.

by Anonymousreply 10003/15/2013

This is how it's done kids, sleek modern and clean teen! Love it, much better than skank-ho Ethan Hawkes. But Turtle Bay is land of the married closet cases!

by Anonymousreply 10103/15/2013

Of course the article could be a bunch of bullshit. Lots of stuff in the Daily News is you know. Either she is not buying that apt at all, or the price is not 10.5 million.

by Anonymousreply 10203/15/2013

Nothing beats a couple of Saturdays ago, when Daily News ran the mind blowing headline: MAN SUCKED TO DEATH IN BED" (the Fl. sinkhole death)

by Anonymousreply 10303/15/2013

As someone up thread said, are they paying 10 million or is that the regular people price? I guess I was I've been in a coma, but recently learned that celebs rarely pay full price for anything.

by Anonymousreply 10403/15/2013

I hope they have noisy upstairs neighbors and have to move out. Cheap construction, you know.

by Anonymousreply 10503/15/2013

[quote]WOW! that place is lifeless as hell!It's very sterile, boring, and dull! There is no character and charm.

The same can be said of Chelsea Clinton's contributions to NBC Nightly News.

by Anonymousreply 10603/15/2013

R85 You live 2 blocks away -- street blocks, avenue blocks which? Because 2 blocks in any direction is like no man's land. And cursing is not very nice.

R89. Doesn’t live in Manhattan; “I really don't think there are any dicey neighborhoods in Manhattan any longer.” Whatever.

R93. If Danny Meyer and Sarabeth’s define your definition of “an incredibly awesome neighborhood. totally central and very cool”, I would suggest moving to Restaurant Row. I think you’ll be happy there.

R95. Aiello’s moved a little west in the late nineties, I think. Sadly burned down a few years ago. But wow you are right. Best wings ever and white clam pizza and then across the street to the movies afterwards, which is now a multi-plex. Thanks for the memories!

by Anonymousreply 10703/15/2013

I bet she hates her parents.

by Anonymousreply 10803/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.